Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Touching up a good team
Wonderbread
post Jun 15 2011, 02:27 AM
Post #1

Master of all things obscure.
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 48 457

Defenders of Justice

So, I'm somewhat new to competitive battling, and I've got a team that I'll post in a second. Some of it works, but I'm not winning as often as I should be. I'm wondering if any of my team can be improved or even replaced. Here it is:

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Pressure
EVs: 255 Atk / 255 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Stone Edge

Volcarona @ Focus Sash
Flame Body
EVs: 255 SAtk / 8 SDef / 244 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Quiver Dance
- Flame Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Mach Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

Exeggutor @ Leftovers
Chlorophyll
EVs: 255 SAtk / 255 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Leaf Storm
- Energy Ball
- Sludge Bomb

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Guts
EVs: 255 Atk / 255 Def
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Stone Edge

Drapion @ Life Orb
Sniper
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Swords Dance
- Crunch
- Night Slash

Aerodactyl and Volcarona work great, Exeggutor is good too but I think he needs to get rid of Leaf Storm, and Conkeldurr/Breloom have their moments, but I think I can keep one but lose the other. As for Drapion, his only real use is countering Dragons, other than that he's not very useful. What do you think?

--------------------
Click any to go to my party.

You click mine, I click yours. Win/win situation.
you know you want to click them, so do it.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Black Ice
post Jun 15 2011, 12:45 PM
Post #2

A New Era
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 28

Active Squad

With a suicide lead, you might want something that has the ability to block rapid spin. Otherwise, it's a waste of a slot. I'd suggest Jellicent or Chandelure, which could replace either Exeggutor or Volcarona. Exeggutor is too slow and Volcarona takes 50% damage every time it switches in due to Stealth Rock.

Breloom should have Spore.

You also might want to invest in a Steel-type (Empoleon) to handle dragons. As of right now, Hydreigon does a pretty good job of wreaking havoc. It usually carries Fire Blast, though, so even better would be a flat-out special wall like Porygon-2 or Snorlax.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Synchronise
post Jun 20 2011, 05:42 PM
Post #3

[PAPER INTENSIFIES]
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 76 425

Fithos Team Delta

QUOTE(Crimson Flash @ Jun 15 2011, 01:45 PM) *
With a suicide lead, you might want something that has the ability to block rapid spin. Otherwise, it's a waste of a slot. I'd suggest Jellicent or Chandelure, which could replace either Exeggutor or Volcarona. Exeggutor is too slow and Volcarona takes 50% damage every time it switches in due to Stealth Rock.

Breloom should have Spore.

You also might want to invest in a Steel-type (Empoleon) to handle dragons. As of right now, Hydreigon does a pretty good job of wreaking havoc. It usually carries Fire Blast, though, so even better would be a flat-out special wall like Porygon-2 or Snorlax.

If you want a flat-out special wall, you might take a look at Eviolite Chansey or the run-of-the-mill Blissey; the former seems to have greater bulk despite losing the Leftovers health gain. Porygon-2 is a good suggestion for the same reason: good bulk as a wall. I'd ditch Drapion for any of the aforementioned suggestions.

I also feel like Conkeldurr and Breloom are filling the same roles on your team and are therefore redundant, especially since you're running Breloom more like a standard physical sweeper and less like...well, Breloom. I'd consider swapping one or the other for a supporter (either another Spiker or a Spinner/Spinblocker).

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:07 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.