Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
47 Pages V  « < 43 44 45 46 47 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Same-sex marriage, o noes t3h gaiz
Sharkosaurus
post Nov 16 2012, 06:11 AM
Post #881

Gentleman Bastard
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 93 071

smogon ban genies pls

QUOTE(The Winnebago @ Nov 12 2012, 08:36 PM) *
QUOTE(Samoo @ Nov 10 2012, 04:55 PM) *
QUOTE(i ME 1998 @ Nov 10 2012, 01:58 PM) *
Well, the point of ´´marriage´´ is when 2 persons are in love right? So why does it matter if its 2 boys/ 2 girls in love? -_-.gif And homosexuality is very common these days ...

I'm sure homosexuality was very common in the early times, just if people knew you were gay then I'm pretty sure you were killed/shunned or something along those sorts of lines.

Greeks practised homosexual relations quite often and openly. They just didn't marry.

Sort of off topic, but I just wanted to add this:

Alexander, although Macedonian and considered to be Greek, was rumored to be homosexual.

What I've heard is that the Greeks favored the human body and fucking loved it. Take a look, for example, the sculptures they build. Their most famous ones are humanoid if you've noticed. What I think is because they don't really care if you're male, female, or even a hermaphrodite. They just loved the human body. I've read that before the day Alexander died, he had a night of orgy. WHO SAYS THAT THE ORGY CONSISTED OF ONLY HIM AND FEMALES? Not me. awesome.gif
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I got all of this from my textbook. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by The Point of No Return: Nov 16 2012, 06:12 AM

--------------------
ayy
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

i ME 1998
post Nov 16 2012, 03:35 PM
Post #882

Little Monster
Group Icon

Member No.: 180 183

My three darlings <3

QUOTE(The Point of No Return @ Nov 16 2012, 06:11 AM) *
Well, the point of ´´marriage´´ is when 2 persons are in love right? So why does it matter if its 2 boys/ 2 girls in love? -_-.gif And homosexuality is very common these days ...

I'm sure homosexuality was very common in the early times, just if people knew you were gay then I'm pretty sure you were killed/shunned or something along those sorts of lines.

Greeks practised homosexual relations quite often and openly. They just didn't marry.

Alexander, although Macedonian and considered to be Greek, was rumored to be homosexual.

What I've heard is that the Greeks favored the human body and fucking loved it. Take a look, for example, the sculptures they build. Their most famous ones are humanoid if you've noticed. What I think is because they don't really care if you're male, female, or even a hermaphrodite. They just loved the human body. I've read that before the day Alexander died, he had a night of orgy. WHO SAYS THAT THE ORGY CONSISTED OF ONLY HIM AND FEMALES? Not me. awesome.gif

I didn´t know about that and you really are right oh.gif ahahah lol XDDDD wink.gif

.... yeah you´re right but if straight couples can marry and be happy, why can´t homo couples marry too?

--------------------
Please, click them: http://my.gpxpl.us/i+ME+1998 wink.gif

~Meloetta Party~

Cool! A Keldeo!
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Nov 16 2012, 04:02 PM
Post #883

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(i ME 1998 @ Nov 16 2012, 08:35 PM) *

I didn´t know about that and you really are right oh.gif ahahah lol XDDDD wink.gif

.... yeah you´re right but if straight couples can marry and be happy, why can´t homo couples marry too?

Well, they can marry, and have done. People just don't like it because it goes against what they've been taught and their kids for generations from the Bible. We're slowly recognising marriage equality more and more.. The Netherlands were the first in the world to allow it and that was only 2001. So really, it's only been a little over 10 years. It's going to take a while, but I'm sure it'll happen someday. There will be people who still don't think it's right, but a better understanding and acceptance would be ideal.

/perfectworld

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

i ME 1998
post Nov 16 2012, 04:57 PM
Post #884

Little Monster
Group Icon

My three darlings <3

QUOTE(Samoo @ Nov 16 2012, 04:02 PM) *

Well, they can marry, and have done. People just don't like it because it goes against what they've been taught and their kids for generations from the Bible. We're slowly recognising marriage equality more and more.. The Netherlands were the first in the world to allow it and that was only 2001. So really, it's only been a little over 10 years. It's going to take a while, but I'm sure it'll happen someday. There will be people who still don't think it's right, but a better understanding and acceptance would be ideal.

/perfectworld

Yeah but still there are lots of countries that don´t let same-sex people marry, and that´s very sad :c

--------------------

~Meloetta Party~

Cool! A Keldeo!
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Nov 16 2012, 06:00 PM
Post #885

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(i ME 1998 @ Nov 16 2012, 09:57 PM) *

/perfectworld

Yeah but still there are lots of countries that don´t let same-sex people marry, and that´s very sad :c

Like I said, it's only been a decade so it's gonna take a while

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

i ME 1998
post Nov 17 2012, 10:20 AM
Post #886

Little Monster
Group Icon

My three darlings <3

QUOTE(Samoo @ Nov 16 2012, 06:00 PM) *
QUOTE(i ME 1998 @ Nov 16 2012, 09:57 PM) *

/perfectworld

Like I said, it's only been a decade so it's gonna take a while

Yeah ... slowly people will start understanding that the bible is wrong and being homo is a very common thing happy.gif

--------------------

~Meloetta Party~

Cool! A Keldeo!
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Nov 17 2012, 10:27 AM
Post #887

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

Can we stop with the massive quote tags? At least remove the previous quotes if you're gonna quote someone. It's not even necessary to quote the person directly above you.

Also, no, "the bible is wrong" is probably a really stupid thing to say. That won't fly by any single debate standard out there. Try again.

Many of you youngin' need to realize that a lot of people just won't budge and trying to disprove the Bible is probably the worst way of going about this whole thing.

--------------------
+Quote Post

i ME 1998
post Nov 17 2012, 12:26 PM
Post #888

Little Monster
Group Icon

My three darlings <3

Well, there are no real proofs that Jesus is against homos, right? Well, just because it says that homosexuality is wrong in a book called ´´Bible`` doesn´t mean it is wrong!

--------------------

~Meloetta Party~

Cool! A Keldeo!
+Quote Post

Progfox
post Nov 19 2012, 08:38 PM
Post #889

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 98 648

Current SS Party

QUOTE(i ME 1998 @ Nov 17 2012, 12:26 PM) *
Well, there are no real proofs that Jesus is against homos, right? Well, just because it says that homosexuality is wrong in a book called ´´Bible`` doesn´t mean it is wrong!

Jesus might not have said it directly, but...

Leviticus 20:13 "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

Leviticus 18:22 "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."

Leviticus is, essentially, the Hebrew laws that were set down shortly after they obtained freedom from Egypt. These laws even carried over into Jesus' time, even if they did become corrupt by the religious leaders of the era. The name comes from "Levi," a tribe of Israel that did not hold land, but rather were the sanctioned priests. One can make an argument that Leviticus laws no longer apply, as the Old Covenant that was made with the people at the time was superseded by the New Covenant made when Jesus died on the cross. However, I personally believe that it does not apply in this case, but I bring it up the point none the less.

Onto my personal opinion:

Now while I personally believe it's wrong from a faith stance, I am also someone who is majoring in the justice system and thus the majority of my opinion is legally based. I also have many friends and people I consider close enough to be called family that are not heterosexual. This doesn't mean that I don't love and respect them just as any other person. I think that the problem is that many Christians tend to view homosexuality as a sin above all others, but that is not the case. True tolerance is agreeing to disagree and then move on.

So allow me to move on.

Gay marriage itself is up to the states to determine until such a time as an amendment to the Constitution is made. However, marriage itself is not a right granted by the Constitution. It is not within the Bill of Rights nor the following amendments and thus it is not an actual "right" to be protected ( the case of Loving v. Virginia was about a law concerning racial discrimination that violated the Equal Protection clause and thus is not a true decision made for establishing that marriage is a "right" ). If the day comes that it becomes a federal law that marriage is either heterosexual or homosexual in nature, then it is protected. Or if the Supreme Court decides that marriage falls under the "right to pursuit happiness," then it becomes a "right" to be protected. I will uphold and acknowledge it like any law and any right granted by the Constitution should the day that the matter is finally legally settled. Christians also tend to forget that even Jesus stated that we are to abide by the law, unless it directly contradicts the very nature of God ( bowing before an idol or false god and whatnot ) People tend to get moral issues mixed up with legal issues. The law, sadly, is not always determined by morality. It is determined by the actions people take to either make law or change law ( be it the general public, Congress, or the Supreme Court ).

This is just my stance on the issue from both my studies and my own worldview. I do not put it out there to try to coerce anyone over to my way of thinking, but I am merely answering the prompt. To summarize: while my faith states that it is wrong, if the proper bodies of government so decide that it is a right that needs protecting, then I will respect that decision.

--------------------
+Quote Post

i ME 1998
post Nov 23 2012, 03:29 PM
Post #890

Little Monster
Group Icon

My three darlings <3

QUOTE(Progfox @ Nov 19 2012, 08:38 PM) *
QUOTE(i ME 1998 @ Nov 17 2012, 12:26 PM) *

Jesus might not have said it directly, but...

Leviticus 20:13 "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

Leviticus 18:22 "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."

Leviticus is, essentially, the Hebrew laws that were set down shortly after they obtained freedom from Egypt. These laws even carried over into Jesus' time, even if they did become corrupt by the religious leaders of the era. The name comes from "Levi," a tribe of Israel that did not hold land, but rather were the sanctioned priests. One can make an argument that Leviticus laws no longer apply, as the Old Covenant that was made with the people at the time was superseded by the New Covenant made when Jesus died on the cross. However, I personally believe that it does not apply in this case, but I bring it up the point none the less.

Onto my personal opinion:

Now while I personally believe it's wrong from a faith stance, I am also someone who is majoring in the justice system and thus the majority of my opinion is legally based. I also have many friends and people I consider close enough to be called family that are not heterosexual. This doesn't mean that I don't love and respect them just as any other person. I think that the problem is that many Christians tend to view homosexuality as a sin above all others, but that is not the case. True tolerance is agreeing to disagree and then move on.

So allow me to move on.

Gay marriage itself is up to the states to determine until such a time as an amendment to the Constitution is made. However, marriage itself is not a right granted by the Constitution. It is not within the Bill of Rights nor the following amendments and thus it is not an actual "right" to be protected ( the case of Loving v. Virginia was about a law concerning racial discrimination that violated the Equal Protection clause and thus is not a true decision made for establishing that marriage is a "right" ). If the day comes that it becomes a federal law that marriage is either heterosexual or homosexual in nature, then it is protected. Or if the Supreme Court decides that marriage falls under the "right to pursuit happiness," then it becomes a "right" to be protected. I will uphold and acknowledge it like any law and any right granted by the Constitution should the day that the matter is finally legally settled. Christians also tend to forget that even Jesus stated that we are to abide by the law, unless it directly contradicts the very nature of God ( bowing before an idol or false god and whatnot ) People tend to get moral issues mixed up with legal issues. The law, sadly, is not always determined by morality. It is determined by the actions people take to either make law or change law ( be it the general public, Congress, or the Supreme Court ).

This is just my stance on the issue from both my studies and my own worldview. I do not put it out there to try to coerce anyone over to my way of thinking, but I am merely answering the prompt. To summarize: while my faith states that it is wrong, if the proper bodies of government so decide that it is a right that needs protecting, then I will respect that decision.

I kinda disagree with you in some things, like ´´I believe its wrong´´ because people dont choose to be homosexual ... they were born that way ... EXAMPLE: me :S I didnt choose to be gay but i just found myself in love with a GUY and I dont think it is a sin or anything bad ... Its just who I am ...

--------------------

~Meloetta Party~

Cool! A Keldeo!
+Quote Post

Maizox
post Nov 27 2012, 10:26 PM
Post #891

Umbreon owns this house.
Group Icon

Member No.: 165 846

My Favorites

QUOTE(The Point of No Return @ Nov 11 2012, 06:26 AM) *
QUOTE(Me Gusta @ Nov 5 2012, 02:39 AM) *
i see no problem, if any person can take a penis in the ass and enjoy it they should be rewarded.

This is the best thing I've ever heard in a topic about homosexual marriage. No, seriously! XP
Anyways, moving on!

I find it quite comical that Christians keep babbling about religious "free will." Yet they keep saying not to do this shit, not to do that shit. If you really believed in "free will" you'd not tell other people what not to do. Heck, if God was real (I'm saying this because I'm an atheist. No offense Christians! XP), He'd be agreeing with me. Because He started this "free will" shit.

This is what i think also so if Christians do believe in "free will" why do they try to limit what tother people can do i mean seriously.

--------------------
My First Shiny

My PokeFarm Team

Fusemon.net
+Quote Post

SilverLugia456
post Nov 30 2012, 02:43 PM
Post #892

None
Group Icon

Member No.: 102 120

Top Favorites

Another debate that will go on for a long time probably cause there are many different beliefs and ideals when it comes to gay marriage.

First off when it comes to the bible, I know there are people out there who look towards the bible as guidance or use it to help them, I myself have read several passages and stories from the bible when I went to CCD classes and stuff like that at my church. Now I'm not saying the Bible is wrong because back when it was written and even during the time it was translated it was probably people believe in what the Bible says and the lessons it could teach people but something that i keep in mind is when was the Bible written? Probably back when the Bible was first written it was a strong belief that Gays and stuff like that were frowned upon.

Knowing how far back the Bible was written and then translated and then moving forward to know the biggest thing that I don't think people take into account is change. Overtime everything changes whether it be the environment around us or personal opinions/Beliefs about something like this.

Personal Opinion

My personal Opinion that I have is taking into account of the changes that have happened between when the Bible was written and now, I know that not all changes are easy and some are very hard to understand or accept. But if we looked back at the Bible and used it for guidance now on everything we do and how we act; do you think we would ever be able to move forward and make the changes we need. The bible was written back in a time where people probably frowned upon two of the same gender getting together, but does that really need to carry to now?

Looking at all the changes this world has gone though do you think we would get anywhere if we looked back to the past and followed everything? One of the many reasons we look back to the past is to help us understand something but then change for the better especially if a mistake is made. We look back to the past and try to learn from that mistake and then in tow change to avoid making the same one again and in certain terms change for the better and help improve things. And I think this whole Gay Marriage things are one of the many things that probably have changed since the time of the Bible back then people didn't like it and thought it was bad and then now some have learned to accept it and others acknowledge it.

Just over time things change and sometimes looking back trying to follow something that was written in a different time isn't good when trying to move forward and change things for the better.

This post has been edited by SilverLugia456: Nov 30 2012, 08:24 PM

--------------------

Visit my youtube Page: SilverLugia345

GPXplus Groups Joined (click to show)

Contest Ribbons and Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Nov 30 2012, 06:47 PM
Post #893

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

Read my post for a response.

--------------------
+Quote Post

annsmooch
post Jul 24 2013, 01:47 AM
Post #894

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 202 083

Active Squad

A recent ruling in Brazil is once again bringing the political theater of concept of matrimony to the front - and conservatives in the South American country are up in arms. BBC News reports that a notary in Sao Paulo has recognized a civil union between three people - two ladies and one male. According to Public Notary Claudia do Nascimento Domingues, the group of three has lived together long enough to warrant family rights, and Brazilian regulation has nothing that prohibits such an arrangement.
+Quote Post

The Unholy Diver
post Jul 25 2013, 11:27 PM
Post #895

The asteriotypical one
Group Icon

From: The wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell
Member No.: 161 989

Z's Team (so far)

First off, people have a right to believe what they want. Period. There nothing that will ever change that.
There are people who will say that gay/lesbian marriage is wrong. There always will be people like that, too. We are just as wrong, if not more wrong, if we say that they are wrong. Yes, it does seem pretty arrogent to say that you know everything that God has in mind, and pretty hippocrytical to say that God is love, but he hates certain people, but by blatently stating that they are wrong, people are being just as arrogent and just as inconsiderate of the right to believe in anything that everybody has.

The only problem I have with theese strictly heterosexual people who believe that gay marriage is a sin is that they stop gay people from getting married. As the first amendment of the US constitution states, "Congress shall make no law abridging the people's right to freedom of religion." By banning gay marriage, congress is in fact doing just that.

Those who believe gay marriage is wrong shouldn't be allowed to ban gay marriage. Certainly, they have every right to believe its wrong, but they shouldn't have a right to ban the practice entirely just because they think it's "wrong" or "immoral". Also, if God thinks that it's wrong, God will deliver his judgement. People shouldn't try to do God's job for him/her.

And if we banned everything that was a so-called "sin", we'd still be in the dark ages. People wouldn't have the ability to think for themselves, and we'd never progress. Also, people have different visions of what is a sin and what isn't.

You can't go around attacking everybody you dont agree with. If that were the case, Adolph Hitler would have been right to kill all those innocent people. This is pretty much the exact same thing, only there's no killing. It's the same principal: "It doesn't fit my vision of a perfect world so it shouldn't exist." So just because they believe in something different, they deserve to go to hell? That's exactly the way a terrorist thinks. People always talk about how evil theese people are, but then go around believing the exact same concept. It's just fanaticism, although not to a murderous extent (most of the time), it still is just overbelieving.
You don't have to go around changing your beliefs or anything, but you do have to be more accepting of other people's beliefs.

Honestly, gay/lesbian marriage shouldn't be banned. There's no reason to completely ban it just because some people dont agree with it. People walk around saying that by letting gays marry, that it will "degrade the meaning of marriage" or whatever, but there are countries where people have 10 spouses. Yet we don't do anything about that.

Its like banning an entire religion. A lot of religious people believe that all who dont believe in their religion are "evil" or "foolish", but we dont go around banning entire religions, do we? All that ever ends in is war, and death, and pointless violence.

So that's my opinion. You have a right to believe what you want, but banning same-sex marriage just isn't the right way to go about things. Do what you want, and think how you want to, but never stop anybody else from doing what they want or thinking how they want to.

This post has been edited by Zer0hundred: Jul 25 2013, 11:34 PM

--------------------
Thanks to the mobile site, I'm back on gpx!

I CAN CLICK BACK NOW

credit (click to show)
+Quote Post

Lester Burnham
post Jul 26 2013, 11:44 AM
Post #896

Look closer.
Group Icon

Member No.: 72

Active Squad

With the recent striking down of DOMA and Proposition 8 there's definitely a great step towards progress, as same-sex married couples can now officially reap the benefits of a married couple instead of being domestic partners or a civil union. Unfortunately it's only for the 13 or so states that allow same-sex couples to get married. The next logical step is making same-sex marriage legal throughout the country, just like what happened with England and Wales.

In other news, Russia's situation has been getting worse. Homosexuality is essentially outlawed there, and protests have been broken up by violent means by police. Even gay pride parades have ended in bloody aftermaths, with people being beaten and arrested. For a comparison, think of the Occupy Wall Street protesters. Replace pepper spray with fists.

--------------------
[align=center]I am the earth-mother, and you are all flops.
[/align]
+Quote Post

jayrachi
post Jul 27 2013, 10:49 PM
Post #897

Janitor
Group Icon

Member No.: 133 427

wat

If we just abolished marriage as a practice in general or got rid of the federal benefits that comes along with marriage, then there would be no problem in regards to this topic.

--------------------
+Quote Post

The Shadow
post Jul 27 2013, 11:13 PM
Post #898

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 79 425

My Dream Team

QUOTE(Mister Blah @ Jul 27 2013, 10:49 PM) *
If we just abolished marriage as a practice in general or got rid of the federal benefits that comes along with marriage, then there would be no problem in regards to this topic.

This is a completely ridiculous thing to say in my opinion. While I don't really care about the federal benefits... Abolishing marriage would be interfering with the first amendment. Freedom of religion.

My personal opinion on it is that the federal government should stay out of the matter. It is a state's issue. If there is an issue with benefits then it should be decided by state. It is a state's rights to decide whether to allow gay marriage as a practice or not in their state. Unless a constitutional amendment is made this should remain a state's issue.

--------------------

Wanna dance? (click to show)
+Quote Post

jayrachi
post Jul 28 2013, 03:53 AM
Post #899

Janitor
Group Icon

Member No.: 133 427

wat

QUOTE(The Shadow @ Jul 28 2013, 12:13 AM) *
QUOTE(Mister Blah @ Jul 27 2013, 10:49 PM) *

This is a completely ridiculous thing to say in my opinion. While I don't really care about the federal benefits... Abolishing marriage would be interfering with the first amendment. Freedom of religion.

My personal opinion on it is that the federal government should stay out of the matter. It is a state's issue. If there is an issue with benefits then it should be decided by state. It is a state's rights to decide whether to allow gay marriage as a practice or not in their state. Unless a constitutional amendment is made this should remain a state's issue.

If it is indeed a religious issue, then the government should not be sponsoring it by giving it federal benefits. Marriage shouldn't be encouraged, nor discouraged.

--------------------
+Quote Post

KuraiSoru
post Jul 28 2013, 09:34 AM
Post #900

The shadows harbor deadly things.
Group Icon

Member No.: 158 209

Active Squad

I was born and raised in a "Christian" home, that beginning said I am "saved" (from a supposed biblical perspective), and on that same note I was "saved" at a very young age (It has been about eleven years). I'm the one person, raised in such conditions (yes I said conditions, oh well.), that can say without a shadow of a doubt that people should be allowed to be free to choose for themselves and not have some over bearing shit thrust upon them as a child stating that you'll be forever dammed into hell for going against a book that contradicts itself. It states that "Once saved, always saved." but that once you're supposedly saved you can no longer sin (Not in those exact words but it says it and I refuse to argue with some insure nut-job that would like to try and argue an in-arguable point with me). I also states that lying will dam you, once again who hasn't? A little white lie can supposedly send us all to hell so are we really saved in the first place? From the person that lived a lie for eleven years take from me: Race does not matter. Sexuality does not matter. WE (Yeah, I'm bi.) are not bothering anyone. Aside for the ticked off jerks that simply don't like us being around.

Also, rather then taking a fully opinionated one-sided view of it as you can see I've made references from both sides of the issue and while some of you may not like what has been said, no one cares. Not liking a comment does not mean it is not true.

Thank you~ o3o

This post has been edited by KuraiSoru: Jul 28 2013, 09:39 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

47 Pages V  « < 43 44 45 46 47 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
9 User(s) are reading this topic (9 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:49 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.