Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Is There a Future for Pokemon?
Canya
post Jan 22 2010, 12:25 AM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 80 193

Active Squad

((Quick Note: This discussion does not include games like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon or Pokemon Ranger. This will be mainly focusing on the main games such as Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, HG/SS, etc...))

Well, HG/SS is going to be coming to us soon. It's exciting for us Pokemon fans, but I can't help but notice how the older versions of Pokemon are merely being remade with (obviously) better features than before. I've also noticed how the amount of Pokemon seem to just be growing out of control at this point. With the way things are going, it would seem pretty hard to keep coming up with good version names and good legendary Pokemon. So then, let's cut to the chase: Do you think that Pokemon will be able to keep pumping out good games? Or will Pokemon finally come to an end?

I personally think that Pokemon will soon be hanging by a thread, as sad as that is to say. We already have so many Pokemon, it's impossible to easily "catch 'em all" without having things get complicated. Legendary Pokemon will be even harder to come up with since the creators went too far up the chain (when you hit "God," it's hard to think of something else). As for the remakes, even though this is a good thing, I feel like they are having to stall the inevitable by going back and remaking the older versions.

I love Pokemon, so I hope it doesn't die! Hopefully the other, non-main Pokemon titles can help keep the series afloat! cat.gif

--------------------

~Canya is in your home, eating your cupcakes~

Click the Clefable to visit my Pokemon!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Fileg
post Jan 22 2010, 12:42 AM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 18 545

Fileg's Team

As a long time fan of the Pokemon franchise, I am sad to see it start to deteriorate. I am almost completely unfamiliar with the subsequent "generations" of new Pokemon, and I found it a bit ridiculous the level of "difficulty" in attaining ALL of the Pokemon. Albeit, it was a good way to earn some profit. Still, I believe that Pokemon, unless it destroys itself and makes itself anew, will, within the next several years, finally hit the wall.

Of course, not to say I still won't enjoy the games and such, but as you said - "God" might be the limit for Pokemon.

UNLESS, they go Macross and find new galaxies with new Pogles . . . In that case, I'm reverting back to my 151 and never looking back.

--------------------

***~Currently Raising~***
+Quote Post

Mr G
post Feb 10 2010, 05:20 PM
Post #3

guy standing in middle of traffic
Group Icon

Member No.: 67 473

Dream Party

Pokemon is on a thread right now and I've seen so many pokemon fans just quit on it because it got all the excitment
out of it.But pokemon might have a future if the poeple who created pokemon made a new universe of pokemon all over again or more games,not related to pokemon rescue games,but let you be a pokemon,or thats my idea of a new,exciting game.

--------------------
Life tip:listen to Monster by Skillet.

Click please.

Made byAllegro
+Quote Post

pokecoop
post Feb 21 2010, 04:58 PM
Post #4

I'm too awsome for one
Group Icon

Member No.: 72 426

All Time Favorites

Yes, I know for a fact that there is, check out this site, www.serebii.net look at the 5th generation page(on the left side somewhere)

--------------------

All my adoptables and quizs
+Quote Post

Mr Cadju
post Feb 28 2010, 10:27 AM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 65 963

SS League Party

I hope they won't make any more pokemon after the 5th generation coming out. I hope they like make all pokemon have alternate forms for the torn world of giratina. That would be great for me at least. Or having new pokemon species for mixed breed pokemon..

Or another world of pokemon! haha!

--------------------
Current Party

-------------------------------------------
Please, I am interested in roleplaying, so if you are starting one, pls PM me. Thank You!
+Quote Post

Min Hye
post Feb 28 2010, 03:08 PM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 54 263

<3

It seems like the Pokemon series is hanging on by a thread. Many of the old players can't even keep up with the newer generations. As it was mentioned before, they seem to be remaking the older games in attempt to stall the inevitable dying of the series. That isn't to say I would particularly enjoy the series to die, but it seems like that is the most likely situation.

It would be kind of hard to completely reinvent the series without loosing much, much more of the fanbase, which is something no game series wants. At least, in my opinion.

--------------------

Click Jirachi to go to my party!
+Quote Post

SamanthaNatalie
post Mar 1 2010, 08:16 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 63 443

Active Squad

Simple. Pokemon WILL die out, but there will be a fan based game including all Pokemon. It will end in your lifetime I'm sorry to say.
+Quote Post

Mr G
post Mar 7 2010, 05:55 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Dream Party

Pokemon WILL die in our lifetime,due to other games,but I think recreating the older versions will be a good idea as long as they don't change the games too much.But as said pokemon will die out and replace it with something more
toddler apealing maybe,but let us enjoy the rest of the pokemon generations as they come,and hopfully people will still know the names of the pokemon games and pokemon,even after their death.

--------------------

Click please.

Made byAllegro
+Quote Post

Tiamat
post Mar 8 2010, 12:20 AM
Post #9

everything is happening so much
Group Icon

Member No.: 70

Active Squad

As long as Nintendo can milk money out of it, yes. Even if it's just pile upon pile of spinoffs (I, personally, would like to see more of Orre) it can go on for quite a bit longer--It's already fairly old as video game franchises go, and taking a peek at Zelda and Mario shows that those cash cows are still producing.

Basically, there's a decent market for the games still. They're going to keep making them until the market disappears entirely.

My problem keeping track of my moms will only happen when/if they cross the 1000 mark, anyway. Still a few gens away from that. ;A;

This post has been edited by Tiamat: Mar 8 2010, 12:20 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Synchronise
post Mar 13 2010, 04:55 PM
Post #10

[PAPER INTENSIFIES]
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 76 425

Fithos Team Delta

QUOTE(Tiamat @ Mar 8 2010, 12:20 AM) *
As long as Nintendo can milk money out of it, yes.

This.

As long as Nintendo can profit from the Pokemon franchise, there will continue to be new games. Even if, in the wildest of our imaginations, Game FREAK chose to leave the franchise behind, it would be picked up by another second party and continue in some vein.

But there's really no telling where it will go from here (here being fifth gen.) I would estimate, though, that the series has another seven to ten years in it before the company and the fans finally pull the plug for good.

--------------------
+Quote Post

The Letter W
post Mar 14 2010, 12:40 AM
Post #11

Smo-o-o-oth
Group Icon

Member No.: 79 571

Six Survivors

They should make a game where you can be a part of Team Rocket or something. More free choice! >:c

--------------------
Hella.

Click the dancing Maxwell to visit my art thread.

+Quote Post

COBRALALALALALA
post Mar 15 2010, 08:56 PM
Post #12

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 279

Q-Ts

Unholy Shadow: WIN!

I personally thought it died with Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. XD; Yeah, I doubt it's gonna keep going.

--------------------
+Quote Post

FirePower
post Mar 19 2010, 07:19 PM
Post #13

Feel the burn!
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 077

My Dream Team

Okay, you've gotta admit it. Pokemon's on thin ice, and it's constantly getting thinner. Each year, less and less kids are becoming fans, leaving only the older fans to keep it running, and the company's getting desperate. They're doing everything from sticker packs to allowing people to sign up for the to making the tv show's characters look flat out ridiculus.
to prove my point (click to show)

There could Be a way for pokemon to save itself without completely remaking the game. If the company were to figure out what the fans liked/disliked, they could make their new ones off of that information, and make less pokemon.

To sum it up, yes pokemon is dying, the condition getting worse every year. But they can find a way to fix it, probably, and as long as there are pokemon fans, pokemon will remain alive, however few.

--------------------
I am a Christian. Jesus Christ loves me, and he loves you too. With a "never stopping, never giving up, unbreaking, always and forever love" (Jesus Storybook Bible).

Click the trainer card to get to my PANE current levels post!

My Stories (click to show)

Avitar Credits (click to show)

Previously known as Hurple and Drakonawin
+Quote Post

Tiamat
post Mar 20 2010, 10:51 PM
Post #14

everything is happening so much
Group Icon

Member No.: 70

Active Squad

QUOTE(hurple @ Mar 19 2010, 08:19 PM) *
They're doing everything from sticker packs to allowing people to sign up for the to making the tv show's characters look flat out ridiculus.

...When HASN'T Ash looked rediculous? And he crossdressed in the first season too. :|

Stupid promotions are part of any franchise; the fact that that is happening to Pokemon is hardly an indicator of how things are going.

--------------------
+Quote Post

batmon
post Mar 20 2010, 11:13 PM
Post #15

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 89 567

Favorites

It's about to die IMO, I mean look at many of the Gen IV pokemon and the new revealed Gen V pokemon. The designs are just getting to the point of looking like aliens with stripes and spikes, instead of being based on animals and Japanese and some Chinese mythology like it was intended to be.

--------------------
The Dream Team

My other PC pokemon (click to show)
+Quote Post

bowlda
post Apr 1 2010, 01:30 PM
Post #16

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 40 105

Active Squad

Yea i agree with everyone else, the whole series is going to come to an abrupt end, i just wish in Gen V they give fans what theyve been waiting for, an awesome new region with ass-kickin features, minimal amount of new pokemon (maybe just the basics, like starters, continued evos of older pokemon, a few babies, and a few legends.), and being able to go back to all older regions. that would be a pretty good ending of the series to me. i would be content with that game for ages.

--------------------

image made by bowlda (me). Im an indie Water Gym leader
Challenge me if you want the badge and a prize (which can be a shiny pokemon is you want). pm me for FC and details

Robo Yamna! If you want your pokemon roboticized check out my thread
+Quote Post

Hoolo
post Apr 1 2010, 01:34 PM
Post #17

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 27 361

Heartgold.

Ow yeah.

They're making a Gen V as we speak (or so we think), and when they're done with that, they'll treat us with some spin-off games like new Rangers and 2/3 MDs. Then, they'll make a new Gen as soon as we have passed the invisible border of sales!

And so on and so on until governments stop them and/or the sales go down.

--------------------

Deviantly,
DeviantArt Arts
+Quote Post

Mr G
post Jun 3 2010, 12:57 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Dream Party

I wouldn't worry about the government stopping the sales since they always are wanting more and more money,its the sales going down thing.If the product buying rises the more stores will have the product,if the product buying lowers then the government will stop the sales.But right now it seems like the creators of the games are running out of ideas.

--------------------

Click please.

Made byAllegro
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Jun 3 2010, 04:31 PM
Post #19

I'm in space...space...spacespace
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 281

space team

QUOTE(hurple @ Mar 19 2010, 08:19 PM) *
There could Be a way for pokemon to save itself without completely remaking the game. If the company were to figure out what the fans liked/disliked, they could make their new ones off of that information, and make less pokemon.

In order for that to happen, the fanbase needs to figure out what it is they want. So far, most of everyone's complaints of the new generation, and most recent games, have done nothing but contradict each other. Every day I hear people say "They need to do something different" and then 10 minutes later say "They need to keep the nostalgic feel". I've even seen people praise the original games, an then complain about features used in the remakes that were used in the originals.

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
+Quote Post

Mr G
post Jun 4 2010, 08:38 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

Dream Party

What the makers could do is make a servey for pokemon fans to see what they want in the games.Then they might
make pokemon fans happier with the results of the games.

--------------------

Click please.

Made byAllegro
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:40 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.