Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
The Road to Port Barley, or, "Dude, We're Gettin' the Band Back Together!"
Master Houndoom
post Nov 6 2013, 12:36 AM
Post #1

Team Rogue: Houndoom
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 804

Uprising Mod

It was a much, much brighter day in Arthro town when the reunited group arrived. The trip home had gone late into the night, and there was another session of sleeping under the stars followed by a poorly received early morning to make it back to the pokécenter.

Amongst the humans, there wasn’t a whole lot of talking. Reilly was silent, his brow furrowed, as if he knew something had gone on, but just what it was eluded him. It had to be a strange feeling, and it was causing him to act strangely in the eyes of his companions: He didn’t complain or grumble under his breath. He just walked along, silently, contemplating.

Tuesday, too, was quiet, but the two older teens were far too used to that to have it be of any concern. However, she, too, was engaged in a strange activity. Every once in a while, she would stare at one or the others of the older two of the group; at one point, she had reached out and touched Jaima’s wrist, just above his pokégear. When he’d looked down to see what she had wanted, he caught her staring at where her hand touched his, then, pulling away, watching her fingers. Jaima had looked at Meiko with a little concern, but both had agreed; the two had been through something that was borderline traumatic, and didn’t need a worried big brother, or teenage jokes, or a hovering big sister type. So they walked, and waited, and made sure that mother the other two did was seen as scornful or wrong.

Unless they had actually done something scornful or wrong, but there were no incidences of this to speak of.

Finally, they made it to Arthro town. Jaima arranged for the rooms, four which, if needed could be downgraded to two, while Meiko took the two youths and all of the pokemon, including Jaima’s to see the nurse.

“OK,” Jaima said, holding up the keys. “We can do this two ways: We all get separate rooms, or we can split two rooms: boys and girls. Up to you two.”

Meiko smiled at him, if a little sadly, and Jaima winked at her in response. She blushed, but if Reilly or Tuesday saw it, neither mentioned it. Jaima was being quite accommodating. In fact, the only arrangement he wasn’t about to allow was Tuesday and Reilly in the same room. Not after the kiss he’d seen them swap the last time they had arrived in town.

And since he wasn’t going to let them do it, he and Meiko couldn’t, either.

Finally, the choice was made, and Reilly and Tuesday took the keys to the rooms they had chosen and went ahead to make their way to bed. Jaima and Meiko stayed in the small lobby.

“Worried?” Meiko’s face had a knowing smile on it, and it was Jaima’s turn to blush.

“A little… It’s obvious something happened…” He shook his head. “But if I try to pry it out of them, they’ll just shrink into themselves. Right?”

Meiko grinned. “I’m so glad you’re open to learning… it would take so much longer to train you up properly…”

Jaima smirked. “Speaking of training…”

“I’ll be good!” Meiko said, biting both lips and looking, at least partially, mock frightened.

Jaima looked toward the Nurse’ station, already darkened for the night, but Meiko reached down and took his hand. “They need rest too, Jaima. We’ll be OK. And if anything happens, Mercury can get out of her ball…”

Nightwish was out of her ball, lounging against the shelf, sighing. Usually, by now, she’d have the gist of her newest mark. By now, she’d be planning on how to get the most out of the trainer, then leave them with a post hypnotic suggestion that would have them breaking her poke ball thirty minutes after she’d taken their food, potions, and, a few times, money.

Not this time. This time, the trainer had gotten under her skin. This time the trainer had reminded her of Nightwish’s first, when she had simply ben called Gothi. When she had been…

Ugh. She had almost said “happy.” How terribly cheesy.

But she had been. Meiko reminded her of what Cyndy could have been, had…

Cwap, she thought as the tears came. Cyndy had gotten sick, and, though the gothita was almost too young to know what was going on, she knew her trainer wasn’t going o get better.

Cyndy had had cancer.

Then her uncle ‘took in’ Cyndy’s pokémon, and made the mistake of talking to his partner about how much gothitelle could get with certain individuals. The mental pictures were almost as bad as the words.

But Cyndy… before that horror, before she had run away for the first time, Cyndy had been a good, happy, kind trainer. And now, despite her hardships and fears and other issues, Meiko was a good, happy, kind trainer, with good friends…

Nightwish felt the tears leaking down her face. gweat. just great…

There was a pop, and two arms enfolded her from behind. Nightwish tensed, but then, slowly, relaxed. You’we wucky i don’t thwow you thwough a waww.

There was no reply, but the hug got tighter, and Nightwish sighed and relaxed. Thanks, Mewcuwy…

What are friends for?

I’m just now stawting to wemembew…

--------------------
[align=center]Uprising Mod

||
Jaima Kuonji and Meiko Omura||Branwys Muphenz
[spoiler=Jaima's Gym Badges][/spoiler]
PANE

||
Jay Lange||Olivia Prewitt
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

:houndoom: I claim Houndoom! :houndoom: [/align]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Master Houndoom   The Road to Port Barley   Nov 6 2013, 12:36 AM
Living Arrow   “Port Barley, huh?” Darryn tapped the tablet in hi...   Nov 6 2013, 12:43 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   Tuesday had wanted to share a room with Reilly. ...   Nov 6 2013, 04:19 PM
Master Houndoom   It was impossible to deny it. The Joys knew it. Th...   Nov 7 2013, 07:54 PM
Living Arrow   “That. Was.” Darryn stared with wide eyes, capturi...   Nov 10 2013, 08:18 AM
Umbrae Calamitas   The walk down the narrow dirt path was long, but i...   Nov 17 2013, 04:03 AM
Master Houndoom   They listened. For that, no one could fault them. ...   Nov 20 2013, 12:26 AM
Living Arrow   Darryn’s initial thought that the journey to Port ...   Nov 23 2013, 10:50 AM
Umbrae Calamitas   Retelling the tale of what had happened in a past ...   Nov 25 2013, 08:10 PM
Master Houndoom   “THAT WITTWE-“ Nightwish strained to g...   Nov 26 2013, 12:35 AM
Living Arrow   "We're nearly there, Ly." Darryn ass...   Nov 26 2013, 03:38 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   Tuesday sat on the floor at the foot of her bed, a...   Dec 21 2013, 11:49 PM
Living Arrow   “Darryn, I seriously doubt that-“ “One sec, Ly.” ...   Jan 19 2014, 03:00 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   "Really, Meiko, I can find everything I need ...   Jan 26 2014, 12:21 AM
Living Arrow   Room 24. Darryn counted the doors as he walked alo...   Jan 26 2014, 12:45 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   Reilly had stepped to the side of the door quickly...   Jan 26 2014, 02:52 PM
Living Arrow   “I’m not going anywhere.” Darryn’s eyes rounded on...   Jan 26 2014, 03:45 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   Reilly's shoulders shook at being brushed off ...   Jan 27 2014, 07:46 AM
Living Arrow   Darryn sighed as he exited the room, nausea rising...   Jan 27 2014, 03:31 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   Darryn's words rang around in Reilly's hea...   Jan 27 2014, 11:12 PM
Living Arrow   Lyla looked up quickly from her spot in the waitin...   Jan 28 2014, 04:34 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   He knew what it was like to lose someone you loved...   Jan 28 2014, 08:01 PM
Living Arrow   Darryn watched through the window to the treatment...   Jan 29 2014, 01:39 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   Tuesday washed her face clean of tears with the da...   Jan 29 2014, 10:26 PM
Living Arrow   “Are you sure about this?” Darryn asked Lyla as sh...   Feb 1 2014, 04:15 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   Odysseus stayed close behind Tuesday as she made h...   Feb 12 2014, 04:48 PM
Living Arrow   “Isnt there another way around?” Lyla asked worrie...   Feb 14 2014, 06:28 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   She couldn't explain it. There was a sensati...   Mar 18 2014, 08:25 PM
Living Arrow   “Tuesday?” Darryn watched curiously as Tuesday ben...   Mar 24 2014, 03:31 PM
Umbrae Calamitas   He didn't think it was fair that he had to hid...   Apr 13 2014, 04:34 PM
Living Arrow   “Lyla, stop!” Darryn’s cries went unheard as t...   May 5 2014, 10:39 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 07:27 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.