Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Closed TopicStart new topic
Identifying Hacked Pokemon, A Simple guide on how to Identify Hacked Pokemon
aFiimOnz
post Aug 23 2009, 01:49 AM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 58 911

Active Squad

In the Global Trade Station, many monsters available are fakes created by hackers, so I decided to create this little guide on how to identify a hacked Pokemon. So just to clear some things up:

- So far, there is no legit way to receive Arceus onto your US Diamond/Pearl game. So if you see one in the GTS then it is most definitely fake.

- It is extremely difficult to run into a shiny Pokemon in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th generation games. (Unless you're a chainer) So if you see someone with a full team of shiny Pokemon, you should stay away from them. Ask them some questions about where they saw or caught that particular Pokemon.

- Pokemon with false moves are always hacked Pokemon. For instance, if you see a Pikachu with Blizzard then it is definitely a hacked/fake Pokemon.

- There is a web page on Serebii.net which list's all the event Pokemon along with its level/OT and ID along with which event it was in. I released that this would come in handy when it comes to identifying legendary hacked Pokemon. Click here for the page.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top Ways to Identify a Hacked/Illegit/Fake Pokemon.

1. Check the OT (Original Trainer). - If there is nothing next to the OT title then it is 100% fake. When people create hacked Pokemon, many people forget to include their OT names and therefore leaving it easily identified as a hacked Pokemon.

2. The Cherish Ball. - Have you ever heard of or seen a Cherish Ball before? Well, those Pokeballs are given to some Pokemon that have been received from Official Nintendo Events which include Pokemon such as Darkrai & Shaymin. Only Legendary Pokemon (with Cherish Balls) come with a ribbon called the Classic Ribbon which prevents that Pokemon being put into the GTS. These balls cannot be bought, duplicated or traded in anyway unless they are also fake.

Here is an image of an Event Darkrai with a Cherish Ball and a Classic Ribbon:

3. Other Pokeballs. - As mentioned in sign 2, you should check which Pokeball that Pokemon was caught in. If you see a fairly basic Pokemon such as Ditto caught in a Master Ball it's most likely fake. Would you waste your Master Ball on a simple Ditto? Also if you see a Shedinja caught with anything other then a Pokeball, it's fake. The only way you can obtain a Shedinja legitly in Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald is to evolve a Nincada with an extra slot in your party. The default ball in which your newly evolved Shedinja will go into is a Pokeball 100% of the time.

4. Pokemon Battle Revolution (on Wii). - Pokemon Battle Revolution, (PBR) is a decent way of testing if a particular Pokemon is legit or not. Lets say that you got a level 50 Mew from the GTS and you want to see if it is a hacked Pokemon. All you have to do is transfer it to PBR game. While the transfer is completing, a scan takes place to see if the Pokemon is able to be successfully transferred, and one of three things will happen.

- Mew is good to go, it was transferred successfully and is ok to battle. This means that your Mew is a legit Pokemon.
- Mew is a hacked Pokemon and gets rejected by the game.
- Mew turns into a bad egg which may ruin your game in time (possibly permanently) and you may have to purchase a new one.

Again PBR is a pretty decent legitimacy tester, if you are willing to take the risks. Though it is not guaranteed to work all the time.

5. Too good to be true. - If you see a Dialga in the GTS and all the owner wants in return is something like a Shinx, then 99% of the time that Pokemon (in this case Dialga) is fake. Think of it like this, if you had a legit Dialga, would you even think of trading it for a Shinx? I wouldn't think so.

6. Check the move set. - As mentioned above, if you see a Pokemon with an unusual move, (such as Pikachu with blizzard) then it is 100% hacked. Pikachu cannot learn blizzard in any way. It can't learn it through level up, trade, hatch, breeding or through the TM. If you are unsure about your Pokemon's available move learn set then just search your Pokemon into Bulbapedia and go to about 3/4 of the page and you'll see a few tables. These tables will show the move learn set that the particular Pokemon can learn. If your pokemon has a move that isn't listed on any of the learn set tables, then that pokemon is fake and hacked.

7. Special Move sets. - In some cases, Pokemon have special move sets such as a Flying Pikachu and a Surfing Pikachu which know the moves Fly and Surf respectively. Well Pokemon that know a HM move cannot be migrated into Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. Which means that the Flying/Surfing Pikachu was hacked.

There are also pokemon with special moves that may have been transferred from Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness. Some examples include a Kangaskan with Sing or a Duskull with Helping Hand. For a full list of these special XD Pokemon with their special moves click here.

8. Where was it caught/encountered? - Try to find out where your recently received Pokemon was caught. If you find a Dialga in the trade station, and it says on it's page. 'Caught in Route 102' then it is 100% fake. You cannot possibly catch a Dialga in route 102. The only place it can be caught is in Spear Pillar.

9. Johto? I don't think so. - Hackers have found away to altar anything of any Pokemon, in this case, it's the region in which it was caught/encountered. So if you find/see/receive a Pokemon with the region 'Johto' by it's name, means that it was fake as there is no way to transfer Pokemon from Gold, Silver and Crystal versions. The most common rebuttal is the trader says that it was from a 'Special Japanese Version' don't get sucked in because there has been no official announcement by Nintendo of a remake of G/S/C as of yet.

10. Ribbons. - This would be an easy giveaway, bu you should check the ribbons of the Pokemon. If your Pokemon has all the ribbons, then you have yourself a fake Pokemon.

11. HP. - If you see a level 50 Shinx (for the sake of example) with over 500hp, 100% fake. No questions asked.

12. Pokesav. - If you see someone saying that they got their Pokemon from Pokesav, again it's 100% fake. Pokesav is the program that hackers use to create fake/hacked/illegit Pokemon.

13. Evidence and Questions. - If are still not convinced that a particular Pokemon is legit or not, then you should ask for some evidence of the trader encountering that particular Pokemon. It is unlikely that people will have a photo or video or that Pokemon's capture, though hardcore PokeFans will have some sort of proof. You may also like to ask the trader some questions before considering to trade. Good questions would be something like:

- When did you catch this Pokemon?
- What ball did you catch it with?
- Have you got any pictures or videos while encountering or catching this Pokemon?

14. Abilities - Check your Pokemon's abilities. If your newly received Charizard has the 'Wonder Guard' ability (Shedinja only) then your Charizard is 100% hacked, as legit Charizards can only possess the 'Blaze' ability. To check if your Pokemon has the right ability click here.

15. ID Number - According to research, the Pokemon games have been known not to produce Pokemon with ID numbers that include 0's (zero) in them. Pokemon like these may have been made with Pokesav. So if you see a Pokemon with the ID number 000000, refuse to trade with the person that owns it.

16. Conditions - If you see a Pokemon with all of its conditions (Tough, Beauty, Smart, Cool & Cute) maxed out, then it is highly likely to be a fake.

So that concludes my top ways to identify a hacked Pokemon. More ways will be added later when I get requests or when I can think of them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FAQ

Can you give me a download link to Pokesav?
No, I don't support cheating.

I've read the guide but I'm still not sure if my pokemon is legit or not. Help!
Follow the instructions in the next section and fill in the details. Someone will answer your query ASAP.

My pokemon is 100% legit, I have confirmed everything, though my pokemon doesn't come in a Cherish Ball. Does this mean it isn't legit?
Cherish Balls were only created in the Diamond/Pearl/Platinum games. So events that were held in Ruby/Saphire/Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen will have a different ball.

What is the OT?
OT stands for Original Trainer, which is the trainer that caught the pokemon. Some event pokemon have funny looking OT's such as MYSTRY, 10ANNIV and MATTLE.

Where can I find a link to the GTS (Global Trade Station)?
You can find the GTS by clicking here.

What is the move set/learn set?
The move set are the moves that your pokemon currently knows. Learn set are the moves that your pokemon can learn either by TM/HM, evolution, hatching ect...

What is AR (Action Replay) and Gameshark?
Both AR and Gameshark are cheating/hacking devices that you can insert into your DS/GBA to alter the game. This is similar to Pokesav but not nearly as powerful as it.

That concludes the FAQ for now. More will be added later when I get requests or when I can think of them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have you followed the guide by still not sure if your Pokemon is legit or not? Then fill in this form and someone will respond to you ASAP.

CODE
[b]Pokemon's Name:[/b]
[b]Language it's it:[/b]
[b]OT of Pokemon:[/b]
[b]ID #:[/b]
[b]Level:[/b]
[b]Shiny or Normal:[/b]
[b]Stats (Each value):[/b]
     -HP:
     -Atk:
     -Def:
     -Speed:
     -Sp. Atk:
     -Sp. Def:
[b]Nature:[/b]
[b]Moveset:[/b]
[b]Ribbons:[/b]
[b]Pokeball it was caught in:[/b]
[b]Region it was caught it:[/b]
[b]What you traded for it:[/b]
[b]Anything else?:[/b]

If you see this guide anywhere without the poster's user name being afimon, aFiimOnz or Halo then please notify me immediately!!

Any other questions, comments, suggestions or requests are welcome.
Thank You =]

--------------------

Please Click on my Eggs/Pokemon - 100% Click Back!

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

BlueBraviary
post Nov 28 2012, 04:49 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 183 492

Active Squad

This needs an update seriously.
+Quote Post

Letan
post Nov 30 2012, 11:49 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 1 219

Lugia Hype

QUOTE(BraviaryGirl @ Nov 28 2012, 04:49 PM) *
This needs an update seriously.

And the best option for that would be to make a new thread rather than digging up one from 3-years old and telling someone who hasn't been active for several years to update it. Please don't necropost, constructive necroposts are fine however.

I'm going to close this since someone else can probably make one more relevant to the current generation.

--------------------
[align=center]

=- Game Dev, currently making a game called Cursed Seasons. I tweet about it sometimes. -=
http://cursedseasons.tumblr.com/
Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:16 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.