Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Suggestions (how original), Some suggestions I've come up with.
Torrita
post Jul 18 2010, 11:41 PM
Post #1

The Optimistic One
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 30 523

My party

Since there's not a new "Official Suggestions thread," I guess I'll just post my suggestions in a new thread entirely.

1.Have more than one consolation prize achievement. Ignore this one, please.
2.A way to switch/remove the Pokemon you've submitted into your Seeker. Just in case you decide you want to enter something else.
3.Party opener on the Poketch page. It would only save about ten seconds, but it would be really nice.
4.Make some Pokemon better with some strategies and worse with others. Why should a Slowpoke fight just as well with the aggressive strategy as with the defensive one? I know it would take a lot of effort, but if you ever run out of things to do (which I doubt will ever happen), you might consider it.
5.do/win/lose ___ battles in one day achievement Never mind, just ignore this one.
6.Show how many entrances are in each section of the seeker. Just for fun, one might want to know how many have entered each category.
7.Show date on all updates. Instead of putting the dates on only the edits to the updates, it would help some to date all of them.
8.Have an auto-deposit option for the Vs. Seeker. You could tell it where to put the Pokemon in advance and have it automatically withdrawn. Maybe for a few points, if you wanted to.
9.Create some type of graph about the Vs. Seeker. You know, like a line graph about your point gain/loss.
10.Has bred with ___ PC search option. Not really sure how this would work, so...yeah.
11.Has bred (at all) PC search option. Just to see which ones have and have not bred.
12.(super) Repel based off of Pokemon. Let me explain: I don't mean for the Safari Zone, it's still related to the Lab. Instead of showing eggs that you've never obtained at all, it would show you eggs of Pokemon that you didn't have. For example, if you have already obtained a Beldum and its egg but not Metang or Metagross and wanted another egg, you could use this newer kind of repel (super repel?) to find another egg.
13.Pokemon top ten stats for the most wins, losses, and total battles. Just some interesting stats some people might want to know. You could also consider highest win streak for one Pokemon & do all of those mentioned for a user overall on the user top tens.
14. Bringer of Legends Summon one of each summonable Legendary Pokémon. This seems to imply that summoning more than one of anything will ruin the acheivement; maybe something along the lines of "Summon each summonable Legendary Pokémon at least once"? (credit to Squornshellous Beta)
15. Update the Shelter Pass description. It should be changed from "A special pass for the Shelter that allows you to adopt, per day, an additional four Pokémon or Eggs from the Shelter. Limited to 5 per customer." to "A special pass for the Shelter that allows you to adopt, per day, an additional four Pokémon or Eggs from the Shelter. Additional adoptions will be permitted each day as you interact with more Pokemon. Limited to 5 per customer." or something along those lines.
16. On PC hover-overs for other users, if it is shiny, then have it say "Shiny (Pokemon name here.) Just a slight improvement for viewing another user's PC.
17. Put the "summonable" picture only on Very Rares and the "Fossil" picture only on Novelties. (Pokedex)
18. Shop Discount Coupon #2. Instead of things like Nuggets as prizes, you could give a discount coupon! Unsellable, different percentages based on what kind of thing they were awarded for, they could be randomly found, etc. It is different from the existing coupon in that you can only use it on one item and it could be worth more than 10%.
19. Enabling coupon usage directly from the Shop. Pretty self-explanatory.
If any are ideas are unclear, please post and let me know so I can clarify.
20. In the census, bold whatever category you fit into. I don't want to have to look up which category I fit into.

I will edit this whenever I come up with a new idea, as well as post it. If anyone else posts an idea, I will also add it here with credit.

Edit: Please lock so I can start a less-cluttered thread.

~Torrita

This post has been edited by Torrita: Aug 5 2010, 12:06 PM

--------------------
My GPXPlus party:

& &
all that jazzy text no one cares about (click to show)
QUOTE(Ebola @ May 14 2011, 09:25 PM) *
QUOTE(Megurine Luka and Crona @ May 14 2011, 10:23 PM) *
There is no feeling worse than unreturned love besides pain.
*Slams you against the wall and starts violently shaking you*
HE DOES LOVE ME! >(

Pixels
Tall
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Darth Krytie
post Jul 19 2010, 12:04 AM
Post #2

This one does not have time for your solid waste excretions.
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 22 312

Team Awesomecakes

QUOTE(Torrita @ Jul 19 2010, 12:41 AM) *
11.Has bred (at all) PC search option. Just to see which ones have and have not bred.

There is a check box in the pc right now for "has produced eggs".

(ps, achievements are on the do not suggest list, fyi)

--------------------

Please use the Help Page and appropriate Help Forum instead of PMing me. Only PM if it's something you need me or an Admin for specifically.
+Quote Post

Elito
post Jul 19 2010, 12:19 AM
Post #3

My life's a theater.
Group Icon

Member No.: 50 181

MonoPoison

QUOTE(Torrita @ Jul 19 2010, 06:41 AM) *
3.Party opener on the Poketch page. It would only save about ten seconds, but it would be really nice.
4.Make some Pokemon better with some strategies and worse with others. Why should a Slowpoke fight just as well with the aggressive strategy as with the defensive one? I know it would take a lot of effort, but if you ever run out of things to do (which I doubt will ever happen), you might consider it.
^ This.

I didn't quite understood what you meant with the Slowpoke thing, but I think we mean something similar.
I already suggested that first thing that should be important, are types. That way, we could mix strategies, combining the type of the pokemon with battle items. If everything would be based just of "strategy" then everything would be down to luck, and that's not strategy-ish at all.

EDIT: However, I did noticed that my defensive pokemon beat an balanced pokemon, so it is possible that the mods fixed this, or what's happening?

This post has been edited by Eliot Kovach: Jul 19 2010, 12:19 AM

--------------------

x
+Quote Post

Torrita
post Jul 19 2010, 12:46 AM
Post #4

The Optimistic One
Group Icon

My party

QUOTE(Eliot Kovach @ Jul 18 2010, 11:19 PM) *
QUOTE(Torrita @ Jul 19 2010, 06:41 AM) *
^ This.

I didn't quite understood what you meant with the Slowpoke thing, but I think we mean something similar.
I already suggested that first thing that should be important, are types. That way, we could mix strategies, combining the type of the pokemon with battle items. If everything would be based just of "strategy" then everything would be down to luck, and that's not strategy-ish at all.

EDIT: However, I did noticed that my defensive pokemon beat an balanced pokemon, so it is possible that the mods fixed this, or what's happening?

It could be a combination of type advantage plus level advantage-the system is still based upon which strategy is selected. I was merely saying that some Pokemon should perform better with certain strategies (lazy or slow Pokemon like Slowpoke and Slaking would perform better with Defensive etc.)

--------------------
My GPXPlus party:

& &
HE DOES LOVE ME! >(

Pixels
Tall
+Quote Post

Galahawk
post Jul 19 2010, 04:34 AM
Post #5

Legendary Dragon Empress
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 21 238

Best team ever

Since there's not a new "Official Suggestions thread," I guess I'll just post my suggestions in a new thread entirely.

1.Have more than one consolation prize achievement. Not just every time you fail to adopt your summon, but maybe every five, fifteen, and twenty-five that you fail to adopt. They could be called bad, worse, and awful luck or Consolation #2, 3, & 4.
2.A way to switch/remove the Pokemon you've submitted into your Seeker. Just in case you decide you want to enter something else.

1- That would make it way too easy. The point of consolation prize is to say "okay you screwed up once, so here's a second chance." So I doubt anything will be done with that.

2- THANK YOU. Way too many times have I thrown something into the seeker in the wrong rank with the wrong battle commands by accident. It has yet to screw me over yet but just in case. Plus one user in the Versus Seeker thread mentioned accidentally submitting something in Platinum when they meant to send it to training (and subsequently lost), so the option to switch out would be really useful that way.

@Eliot: Thing is, the whole point of the seeker is luck. It's gambling to put it bluntly. But I'm gonna let you in on a little secret: On somewhat rare occasions, battle command won't matter. The only instances I've had this happen in though are when the Pokemon with the losing battle command has a total type advantage and/or significantly higher level. But even when these requirements are met it's still random.

This post has been edited by Galahawk: Jul 19 2010, 04:40 AM

--------------------
[align=center]
- Click Latias for my deviantART | Click Latios for my Tumblr -

[spoiler=Shinies + Fat meeps]
(Shinies are not in chronological order. I stopped caring.)[/spoiler][/align]
+Quote Post

Torrita
post Jul 19 2010, 01:13 PM
Post #6

The Optimistic One
Group Icon

My party

QUOTE(Mommy Dearest @ Jul 18 2010, 11:04 PM) *

The problem with that is that sometimes the eggs/Pokemon disappear from not being claimed.
And there's a reason it was in strikeout; I just didn't want to change all of the numbers.

This post has been edited by Torrita: Jul 19 2010, 01:15 PM

--------------------
My GPXPlus party:

& &
HE DOES LOVE ME! >(

Pixels
Tall
+Quote Post

Darth Krytie
post Jul 19 2010, 01:21 PM
Post #7

This one does not have time for your solid waste excretions.
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 22 312

Team Awesomecakes

QUOTE(Torrita @ Jul 19 2010, 02:13 PM) *

The problem with that is that sometimes the eggs/Pokemon disappear from not being claimed.
And there's a reason it was in strikeout; I just didn't want to change all of the numbers.

No need to get tetchy with me. Also, your first suggestion doesn't have a strike out. So, um, no.

If the Pokemon's eggs disappear, it's as if it hasn't bred. So, I'm betting there's not really a good way to search for a pokemon whose eggs no longer exist.

--------------------

Please use the Help Page and appropriate Help Forum instead of PMing me. Only PM if it's something you need me or an Admin for specifically.
+Quote Post

Torrita
post Jul 19 2010, 01:27 PM
Post #8

The Optimistic One
Group Icon

My party

QUOTE(Mommy Dearest @ Jul 19 2010, 12:21 PM) *
QUOTE(Torrita @ Jul 19 2010, 02:13 PM) *

No need to get tetchy with me. Also, your first suggestion doesn't have a strike out. So, um, no.

If the Pokemon's eggs disappear, it's as if it hasn't bred. So, I'm betting there's not really a good way to search for a pokemon whose eggs no longer exist.

I guess I forgot to do both of them; thanks for pointing that out. And I see what you mean about the other thing, too.

--------------------
My GPXPlus party:

& &
HE DOES LOVE ME! >(

Pixels
Tall
+Quote Post

Special K
post Jul 19 2010, 02:32 PM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 846

Active Squad

7.Show date on all updates. Instead of putting the dates on only the edits to the updates, it would help some to date all of them.

Am I misunderstanding this suggestion? I thought all posts had the date/time on them. Ie. I can go to the GPX Updated forum right now & see that the shiny racing update was released on July 15th, or the new limits on legendaries was released on Feb 20th. I apologize if I'm misunderstanding the suggestion hmm.gif
+Quote Post

Torrita
post Jul 19 2010, 03:03 PM
Post #10

The Optimistic One
Group Icon

My party

QUOTE(Kristastic @ Jul 19 2010, 01:32 PM) *

Am I misunderstanding this suggestion? I thought all posts had the date/time on them. Ie. I can go to the GPX Updated forum right now & see that the shiny racing update was released on July 15th, or the new limits on legendaries was released on Feb 20th. I apologize if I'm misunderstanding the suggestion hmm.gif

I was referring to the links to the updates, rather than the updates themselves.

Also, one more suggestion: Pokemon top ten stats for the most wins, losses, and total battles.
Edit: I'll add it to the first post, I guess.

This post has been edited by Torrita: Jul 19 2010, 03:04 PM

--------------------
My GPXPlus party:

& &
HE DOES LOVE ME! >(

Pixels
Tall
+Quote Post

Galahawk
post Jul 19 2010, 03:33 PM
Post #11

Legendary Dragon Empress
Group Icon

Member No.: 21 238

Best team ever

Seems like an interesting enough idea. I would like Pokemon stats for most wins, most losses, or best win/lose ratio; or users with the most wins or losses. I mean, there's personal stats for wins and losses so why can't there be public ones?

I've been in first place for battles won for a couple weeks now and I really want to see who's in second place. The person that USED to be is in eighth now; the curiosity is killing me.

This post has been edited by Galahawk: Jul 19 2010, 04:18 PM

--------------------
[align=center]
- Click Latias for my deviantART | Click Latios for my Tumblr -

[spoiler=Shinies + Fat meeps]
(Shinies are not in chronological order. I stopped caring.)[/spoiler][/align]
+Quote Post

Mitthrawnuruodo
post Jul 20 2010, 01:07 PM
Post #12

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 98 991

Midnight Crew

7. Show date on all updates.[/b] Instead of putting the dates on only the edits to the updates, it would help some to date all of them.

This, please. I have the memory of an amnesiac goldfish and am always confused to whether or not I've read an update already.

--------------------

01000110 01101001 01100111 01101000 01110100 00100000 01100110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01010101 01110011 01100101 01110010 01110011:

...- .. ... .. - / - .... . / -- .- -_-.gif- --- .-.:

+Quote Post

Squornshellous B...
post Jul 20 2010, 02:45 PM
Post #13

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 93 958

Active Squad

Bringer of Legends Summon one of each summonable Legendary Pokémon.

This seems to imply that summoning more than one of anything will ruin the acheivement; maybe something along the lines of "Summon each summonable Legendary Pokémon at least once"?

--------------------
+Quote Post

Torrita
post Jul 20 2010, 07:16 PM
Post #14

The Optimistic One
Group Icon

My party

QUOTE(Squornshellous Beta @ Jul 20 2010, 01:45 PM) *
Bringer of Legends Summon one of each summonable Legendary Pokémon.

This seems to imply that summoning more than one of anything will ruin the acheivement; maybe something along the lines of "Summon each summonable Legendary Pokémon at least once"?

I'll add that to my first post, because it's a good idea. (With credit, obviously.)

--------------------
My GPXPlus party:

& &
HE DOES LOVE ME! >(

Pixels
Tall
+Quote Post

Torrita
post Jul 28 2010, 08:30 AM
Post #15

The Optimistic One
Group Icon

My party

New idea: Update the Shelter Pass description. It should be changed from "A special pass for the Shelter that allows you to adopt, per day, an additional four Pokémon or Eggs from the Shelter. Limited to 5 per customer." to "A special pass for the Shelter that allows you to adopt, per day, an additional four Pokémon or Eggs from the Shelter. Additional adoptions will be permitted each day as you interact with more Pokemon. Limited to 5 per customer." or something along those lines.

--------------------
My GPXPlus party:

& &
HE DOES LOVE ME! >(

Pixels
Tall
+Quote Post

ArcticStar
post Jul 28 2010, 03:55 PM
Post #16

is eating feet. Yum.
Group Icon

From: Over the rainbow where the toasters roam, where the sporks find love and the platypodes home.
Member No.: 34 117

Active Squad

For #8: I don't really know how to explain this, but I don't like this idea. :l Sorry?

#12: How will the 'super' repel be able to tell which eggs you want? If you mean by telling it what egg you want (such as typing 'beldum egg' or something), this option is going to be abused by people asking for legendaries/ditto/unknown. If there won't be an option where you can tell the super repel what egg you want, it's going to be quite frustrating when common eggs that you've already obtained before keep showing up just because you don't have an evolution of that pokemon.

These are my opinions.

--------------------
~ ~

Groups and Shops (click to show)

Drawings and Art Done for Me (click to show)

Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

Chu Chu
post Jul 28 2010, 06:58 PM
Post #17

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 76 449

Active Squad

I think the idea of the super repel is to repel Pokemon you don't have egg dex info for. At least, that's what I get from the description.
+Quote Post

ArcticStar
post Jul 28 2010, 09:25 PM
Post #18

is eating feet. Yum.
Group Icon

From: Over the rainbow where the toasters roam, where the sporks find love and the platypodes home.
Member No.: 34 117

Active Squad

QUOTE(Chu Chu @ Jul 28 2010, 06:58 PM) *
I think the idea of the super repel is to repel Pokemon you don't have egg dex info for. At least, that's what I get from the description.

...Isn't the normal repel like that...?

"For example, if you have already obtained a Beldum and its egg but not Metang or Metagross and wanted another egg"

So...if you already hatched a buneary once, but never had a lopunny, and didn't want one, you'll still find buneary eggs in the lab anyway even if you used the super repel.
:/

--------------------
~ ~

Groups and Shops (click to show)

Drawings and Art Done for Me (click to show)

Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

Layana
post Jul 29 2010, 03:34 PM
Post #19

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 258

Active Squad

QUOTE(ArcticStar @ Jul 28 2010, 10:25 PM) *

"For example, if you have already obtained a Beldum and its egg but not Metang or Metagross and wanted another egg"

So...if you already hatched a buneary once, but never had a lopunny, and didn't want one, you'll still find buneary eggs in the lab anyway even if you used the super repel.

Actually I believe that is the point. Currently the repel works if you haven't obtained the egg yet. The super repel would work for all pokemon you haven't obtained. For example, if you have a weedle but not evolved it to kakuna or beedril you'd still see those but you won't see any caterpie if you've gotten all 3 forms.

As far as your 'want' vs not want... that's what happens with a regular repel. If I wanted a buneary and didn't have one yet but also didn't have a caterpie, it isn't guaranteed that I'll find a buneary when I hit the repel button (since I might have 4/5 other pokemon I haven't gotten yet, and/or the egg wasn't in the lab at the time).

This wouldn't affect ditto since ditto only has one form, it would however effect the couple of legends with forms.

Just clarifying what I believe you were going for. It is an interesting idea but I don't think it will stick

--------------------

+Quote Post

Torrita
post Jul 29 2010, 06:16 PM
Post #20

The Optimistic One
Group Icon

My party

QUOTE(Layana @ Jul 29 2010, 02:34 PM) *
QUOTE(ArcticStar @ Jul 28 2010, 10:25 PM) *

Actually I believe that is the point. Currently the repel works if you haven't obtained the egg yet. The super repel would work for all pokemon you haven't obtained. For example, if you have a weedle but not evolved it to kakuna or beedril you'd still see those but you won't see any caterpie if you've gotten all 3 forms.

As far as your 'want' vs not want... that's what happens with a regular repel. If I wanted a buneary and didn't have one yet but also didn't have a caterpie, it isn't guaranteed that I'll find a buneary when I hit the repel button (since I might have 4/5 other pokemon I haven't gotten yet, and/or the egg wasn't in the lab at the time).

This wouldn't affect ditto since ditto only has one form, it would however effect the couple of legends with forms.

Just clarifying what I believe you were going for. It is an interesting idea but I don't think it will stick

That is correct. If you don't like this idea (such as with the Lopunny), then you wouldn't buy the super repel. It's not like it's an item that you have to buy, just one that might be helpful if you were, say, making a living Pokedex.

One new idea: On PC hover-overs, if it is shiny, then have it say "Shiny (Pokemon name here.)

~Torrita

This post has been edited by Torrita: Jul 29 2010, 06:21 PM

--------------------
My GPXPlus party:

& &
HE DOES LOVE ME! >(

Pixels
Tall
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:58 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.