Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
23 Pages V  « < 20 21 22 23 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
July Community Thread, Be sure to read the rules before posting!
Myou
post Jul 27 2017, 10:07 PM
Post #421

You can't scare me... I'm a Preschool Teacher~!
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 36 182

~My Team~

QUOTE(Leomon2004 @ Jul 28 2017, 10:13 AM) *
GO AWAY PRANKSTER KID I don't want you stalking me. I have seen him pop up like 5 times in the past week. I have yet to encounter the (I assume it is Cosmog based on what the egg looks like, I could be wrong) Ultra Wormhole.

Prankster Kid and Shady Salesman seem to be stalking me quite a bit lately... at least the salesman, I can tell to buzz off without feeling like I'm missing out.

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Sign Seven
post Jul 27 2017, 11:15 PM
Post #422

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 52 628

Active Squad

Anyone know if you can get Cosmog from a Legend Voucher +? I'm seriously considering buying one because I've had 20+ header events and that lil' bugger still will not get in my bag. On the bright side, this is probably more header events than I've gotten in the last few years combined.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post Jul 28 2017, 02:07 AM
Post #423

A learning vessel of several lessons to make me more clever.
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 405

My Loves

Yes, you can get Cosmog from the Legendary Voucher Plus.

--------------------

Check my GPXPlus journal to see what I contributed to the site!

Interested in a commission? PM me.
+Quote Post

miu
post Jul 28 2017, 02:10 AM
Post #424

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 182 742

Active Squad

The youngster's been there staring me down for a couple of days. I'm not gonna click him until he turns into the ultra wormhole.

Hooray for x3.2, hopefully we get lucky during this final stretch! Personally, I'm going for my second blue rock puppy; I wanted to get two shiny Lycanroc, one of each form, but Rockruff is just too adorable, I might just keep him as he is happy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Amberfunk
post Jul 28 2017, 09:31 AM
Post #425

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 105 850

Beautiful Change

I finally got the ultra wormhole. It was a hoopa first then salesman then hoopa again then finally wormhole. Took two weeks. I was so sick at staring at the salesman. Now I have enough cosmog to have cosmog, lunala and sogaleo.

Edit: Just as I posted this another wormhole popped up.

Edit ver 2: I had already filled my party when it showed up and it just turned to a youngster. Very appropriate for the situation.

This post has been edited by Amberfunk: Jul 28 2017, 09:39 AM

--------------------

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Vande
post Jul 28 2017, 11:12 AM
Post #426

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 87 595

I Can Dream....

Thanks to being in the right places at the right time. I got Articuno yesterday in Go and Lugia today grin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Luneon
post Jul 28 2017, 12:28 PM
Post #427

The older I get, the less I seem to care for things....
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 33 779

The Chosen Ones

I got my Cosmog from a Legendary+ vouch because I really wanted a Lunala
As for Ultra Sun/Moon, first I liked the Solgaleo form more, now I like the Lunala form more XD
I wonder what form I will prefer the month it comes out.

As for the Silvally forms, I think that those will be released simultaneously with the Arceus form change option.

Btw, Wonfes is this Sunday (that one Japanese event where figure makers decide to reveal their plans for upcoming releases)
Who's gonna keep an eye on the twitter tag as well? (I know I will)
I'm hoping for some Dragon Maid stuff cat.gif

(Also there will be a Zelda BotW Guardian Nendoroid I think)
So excited to see what it looks like fully painted

--------------------

Banners&Quotes (click to show)
+Quote Post

Darky
post Jul 28 2017, 02:13 PM
Post #428

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 680

Active Squad

I'm waiting for my old man to turn into ultra wormhole. @_@

x3.2 is amazing. Hopefully, your shinies would pop up soon^__^
+Quote Post

Takodachi
post Jul 28 2017, 09:29 PM
Post #429

Dancing Through Sunday
Group Icon

Member No.: 74 320

get dark, get dark

Started and ended my Rockruff hunt in a day, AND ended my Carbink hunt as well. I'm trying to hunt Rock-types for a second Plate, but the Shelter's run out of Omanyte eggs.

I'm also 12k interactions away from the last Clicker achievement oh.gif and it's done, finally. Ugh.

This post has been edited by Ganbaruby: Jul 28 2017, 10:17 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Alchemists Fire
post Jul 29 2017, 02:50 AM
Post #430

Companion Cube
Group Icon

Member No.: 246 334

Favourites

QUOTE(Myou @ Jul 26 2017, 07:52 PM) *
Were you hitting first or second? Onix and Mr. Mime's general stats are kind of bleh (at least to me), though a Kadabra (not an Alakazam?) should at least be putting a dent in it since they tend to be pretty fast and strong, though a bit frail. And what are the general IVs of the pokemon you're using?

I was hitting second, and I can't remember if it was my Alakazam or Kadabra now. it's been a few days. It was making a dent, but not enough of one.

Uhh, IVs... I have no idea, I just picked whatever lvl 100 Pokemon I had that I thought were the right type. Apparently none of the ones I picked even had IVs in the 100s (my Raichu I think was the highest at 112 total IV, and it was getting constantly one-hit KO'd).

QUOTE(miu @ Jul 26 2017, 11:28 PM) *
My suggestion would be to try and go for the appropriate types and above-average stats (both base stats and IVs). Definitely fully-evolve your Pokemon. If you go to your PC, you can filter by type; take a look at what you already have, compare their IVs and pick the best. Or you can also go to the Pokedex, and filter by type, sort by stats, see what you've already got, or even try to get the better ones.

I looked at my past battles in the Battle Tower; I first tried the battle with my usual team, and lost miserably, so I decided to add strong Pokemon with types better suited for this opponent. For my next battle I replaced three of my Pokemon with Ground types: Golem, Dugtrio, Donphan. These were the best that I had in my PC in terms of stats, Golem has only 94 IVs, while Dugtrio and Donphan are definitely better, with 130 and 134. I managed to win the battle with this team, by making sure I switched whenever the opponent brought in Pokemon with supper-effective attacks against mine; don't be afraid to switch!

In terms of moves, I like to have a stat-boosting move, like Swords Dance or Nasty Plot. I use it when I feel comfortable enough, i.e. the opponent's Pokemon isn't very strong against mine. I also have Mean Look on my team, to make sure the opponent stays put, so I can either setup (boosting my attack like I mentioned just now), or just spam supper-effective attacks.

As for your question, it depends on the turn. When it's your turn, you're the attacker: use an attack that is supper-effective against your opponent's Pokemon's type. When it's your opponent's turn, you're the defender: your opponent will try to use an attack that is super-effective against your Pokemon's type. So on your turn, if your opponent has a Pokemon that is potentially very strong against yours, try to switch into a better match, or maybe into a Pokemon that can trap your opponent (with Mean Look) and then bring in something that has supper-effective attacks against your opponent's current Pokemon.

Hope this helps, best of luck!

I did a filter on my PC and I apparently have 3 Pokemon with >=130 IVs above lvl 76...and one is a Ditto...
I never use the Battle Tower, so I don't really have any history to go back on. I collect, I don't battle irritated.gif

I guess I might have to try and hatch some new pokes, or level some existing ones (time to complete the rest of my dex, I guess)

--------------------
My Party:

Shiny Hunts (click to show)
+Quote Post

Natsume Reiko
post Jul 29 2017, 02:20 PM
Post #431

Smiting Fundamentalists since the 1980's.
Group Icon

Member No.: 43 334

Active Squad

A month of staring at all the event headers but cosmog....

Yup you need a variety of mon to do the battles so you're not SOL with the lineups.

--------------------
~~~~Credit goes to Commander Wymsy.

Important info about myself (click to show)
+Quote Post

Mikaku Onchi
post Jul 29 2017, 03:55 PM
Post #432

BEIEI has taken my soul
Group Icon

Member No.: 145 828

HEROES

...And I got another Ultra Wormhole event yesterday night. Honestly, if it weren't for the tiny possibility of hatching a shiny nebby, I would donate the eggs to the shelter for those of you who don't have any. At least I'm releasing my extra cosmogs to the safari, I hope that helps someway.

Almost at the end of the month and I have yet to hatch my shiny Null, which doesn't get me too worried really. As I said I already have my shiny for the swsh so when the doggo here decides to hatch shiny he's very much welcome. I'm still praying for those of you who haven't completed your hunt (like myou f.e.) that these 2.5 days will suffice.

I already have a few ideas for October trinkets, more like an idea for a set of trinkets. I hope I can make them as I'm picturing them. bucktooth.gif

--------------------

•TRINKET TRADING PLACE•||FC: 4055-4266-5767
POKEMON SHINY HUNTER//XY; ORAS; SUMO; USUM

Spoiler (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

Myou
post Jul 29 2017, 07:27 PM
Post #433

Group Icon

~My Team~

QUOTE(Alchemists Fire @ Jul 29 2017, 06:50 PM) *
QUOTE(Myou @ Jul 26 2017, 07:52 PM) *
Were you hitting first or second? Onix and Mr. Mime's general stats are kind of bleh (at least to me), though a Kadabra (not an Alakazam?) should at least be putting a dent in it since they tend to be pretty fast and strong, though a bit frail. And what are the general IVs of the pokemon you're using?

I was hitting second, and I can't remember if it was my Alakazam or Kadabra now. it's been a few days. It was making a dent, but not enough of one.

Uhh, IVs... I have no idea, I just picked whatever lvl 100 Pokemon I had that I thought were the right type. Apparently none of the ones I picked even had IVs in the 100s (my Raichu I think was the highest at 112 total IV, and it was getting constantly one-hit KO'd).

I did a filter on my PC and I apparently have 3 Pokemon with >=130 IVs above lvl 76...and one is a Ditto...
I never use the Battle Tower, so I don't really have any history to go back on. I collect, I don't battle irritated.gif

I guess I might have to try and hatch some new pokes, or level some existing ones (time to complete the rest of my dex, I guess)

Another thing you can do to get potentially high IV pokemon is adopting from the Safari. Personally, I would go for Eevee (for Jolteon/Sylveon), Gible, and Abra since they tend to hit hard and fast in their final forms. Once you fill up your party with whatever you're hunting for, you can examine what you have in your party to see if you got anything of interest (checking the pokemon's dex entry for their stat spread can help you figure out what type of attacker you want). With the multiplier giving extra shelter grabs, you're likely to collect something decent as this is how I've gone searching for good IVs a couple times. The only downside is you might end up with a pokemon with pokerus stuck in your party unless you have antidotes.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Jade
post Jul 30 2017, 02:37 AM
Post #434

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 58 868

My Favorites

Wait, okay, question - can you only get the wormhole by allowing a different header event turn into it?

I'm kinda shocked I managed to hatch over 100 Type: Nulls; goodness, thats a lot of high level egg hatches.

I also finished my very last run of DotW - my Arceus team is complete! So happy!

--------------------
Follow Shay-Shay's flight and he will bring you to a place where eggs and Pokemon need much love.
Shaymin cares, do you?

+Quote Post

Darky
post Jul 30 2017, 03:29 AM
Post #435

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 680

Active Squad

You, guys. somehow manage to complete Arceus exprolation more than once, I can't complete it even once. %)
+Quote Post

Amberfunk
post Jul 30 2017, 04:57 AM
Post #436

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 105 850

Beautiful Change

The wormhole can show up on it's own just a lot of people let other events they don't want turn into the wormhole since it's newer.

--------------------

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

The Kraken
post Jul 30 2017, 09:05 AM
Post #437

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 240 765

Active Squad

Arceus bless, finally.

Now about that type:null.....

Also, has anyone else noticed that all of the SWSH shinies say their hunt was started on the 13th, not the actual day you started it? I wonder if this is intentional or a glitch?

--------------------
+Quote Post

Myou
post Jul 30 2017, 09:12 AM
Post #438

Group Icon

~My Team~

QUOTE(Jade @ Jul 30 2017, 06:37 PM) *
Wait, okay, question - can you only get the wormhole by allowing a different header event turn into it?

I'm kinda shocked I managed to hatch over 100 Type: Nulls; goodness, thats a lot of high level egg hatches.

I also finished my very last run of DotW - my Arceus team is complete! So happy!

As others have said, it's random which ones pop up when, people just let other headers sit there since they don't want them.

I'm at 281 Type: Null eggs now, so... yeah. Kind of regretting my decision to stick with it. Also waiting to finish (or fail) the SWSH before moving onto the next task of DOTW since it requires my party to be full and I don't want it to risk my chance of completing the hunt.

--------------------

+Quote Post

SilverPT
post Jul 30 2017, 11:39 AM
Post #439

You're one bad day away from being me.
Group Icon

Member No.: 128 888

Active Squad

QUOTE(Natsume Reiko @ Jul 29 2017, 08:20 PM) *
A month of staring at all the event headers but cosmog....

I feel you. It's been more than one month for me. At the moment I just want one more Cosmog so that I can evolve it to Lunala (the extra two for a living dex will come in the future) and I don't really want to spend 200 PP on a LVP. worried.gif

Despite all of this, I'm almost done with DotW for good. Currently I've 3 Zygarde and I'm kinda torn between taking my time or rushing through DotW to be able to enter Zygarde's explo. I doubt that Zygarde Core & Cell will be introduced as they're not "real pokemons" and would likely be part of an exploration or event (something like "Collect 100 Zygarde Core throughout the site in order to receive the item to change the form of your Zygarde"), but you never know...

--------------------

Big shoutout to Cycloneblaze for the awesome buttons!

Spoiler (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

ET Junior
post Jul 30 2017, 11:46 AM
Post #440

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 124 913

Active Squad

I finally hatched my shiny for this SWSH. It took 1107 eggs to get a blue puppy. So I'm not trying any of the other two, I'll focus on my other hunts now and on trying to finish TBD for the first time. Everyone who's still hunting: it can still happen like this, so don't give up!
Also I managed to catch an Articuno in Pokémon Go today, so I have one Articuno and Lugia each. So I'll wait for Moltres now...

--------------------
+Quote Post

23 Pages V  « < 20 21 22 23 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 07:49 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.