Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
11 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
December Events
Shadow Fennekin
post Dec 24 2016, 02:31 PM
Post #61

Elite Four
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 14 137

Platinum team

I doubt the amount of coins collected will even get high enough to match those numbers this time
I just hope I have enough for the regular shiny voucher. So I can use it on Milltank for mint chocolate Milktank, yum.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Esc
post Dec 24 2016, 03:05 PM
Post #62

Account Upgraded | Title Enabled
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 114 649

Active Squad

QUOTE(Shadow Fennekin @ Dec 24 2016, 03:31 PM) *
I doubt the amount of coins collected will even get high enough to match those numbers this time
I just hope I have enough for the regular shiny voucher. So I can use it on Milltank for mint chocolate Milktank, yum.

I think it'll be about the same or higher this time. People already have 800+ coins and this is day 2 :P

This post has been edited by Esc: Dec 24 2016, 03:05 PM

--------------------

Thnx Moonlit

Proud Member of the KotRt & Shiny Lovers Redux! & Blue Moons!

+Quote Post

DraconicDM
post Dec 24 2016, 03:16 PM
Post #63

Lab Hunter
Group Icon

Member No.: 244 427

Active Squad

QUOTE(pumpkinking0192 @ Dec 24 2016, 08:29 PM) *
QUOTE(DraconicDM @ Dec 24 2016, 12:14 PM) *
This is practically the only chance for the more casual members for a shiny legendary.

I hate to say it, but we're talking about the top prize of a once-a-year (sometimes even less frequent) event. It's not exactly something that "casual" players are meant to be able to achieve if they're going to stay at a "casual" level of activity.

Yep, but they have a chance. A lot of work for ten days, and they can get that one shiny legendary that they have been dreaming of. If only the 12 players with the most coins get the shiny legend voucher, they don't even have that.

This post has been edited by DraconicDM: Dec 24 2016, 03:17 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Dec 24 2016, 03:39 PM
Post #64

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(DraconicDM @ Dec 24 2016, 08:16 PM) *
QUOTE(pumpkinking0192 @ Dec 24 2016, 08:29 PM) *
QUOTE(DraconicDM @ Dec 24 2016, 12:14 PM) *
This is practically the only chance for the more casual members for a shiny legendary.

I hate to say it, but we're talking about the top prize of a once-a-year (sometimes even less frequent) event. It's not exactly something that "casual" players are meant to be able to achieve if they're going to stay at a "casual" level of activity.

Yep, but they have a chance. A lot of work for ten days, and they can get that one shiny legendary that they have been dreaming of. If only the 12 players with the most coins get the shiny legend voucher, they don't even have that.

You can be a casual player, summon a legendary with an item and get a shiny.
The site works with putting effort in, you get results. So if you really want to try and get the top prize, you've really got to try.

e: In regards to the cut off points or how high they're 'rise the mark', we don't know until the event is over so that's more than likely when it's decided.

Just remember regardless of however many coins you get you'll still get a prize happy.gif Yes, it may not be what you WANT, but it's better than nothing at all.

This post has been edited by x Sam: Dec 24 2016, 03:41 PM

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Kaname Date
post Dec 24 2016, 03:44 PM
Post #65

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 186 218

Active Squad

GPX+ gave me a gambling addiction. Thanks guys

In all seriousness, can you only earn one prize or all of them if you get enough coins?

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Dec 24 2016, 03:48 PM
Post #66

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(Terepy @ Dec 24 2016, 08:44 PM) *
GPX+ gave me a gambling addiction. Thanks guys

In all seriousness, can you only earn one prize or all of them if you get enough coins?

Just one. I believe Scratchcards were a standard prize up until a certain low coin threshold, but other than that you got the prize for the range that you fell under.

(don't quote me on scatchcards tho)

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Breech Loader
post Dec 24 2016, 04:27 PM
Post #67

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 228 368

Active Squad

I want that Shiny voucher. Any shiny voucher. But both are good.

How else am I going to work on my Shiny Achievements?

Also, you never know what your scratch cards will involve. Could be cool vouchers. Could be boring old heart sweets.
+Quote Post

DraconicDM
post Dec 24 2016, 05:17 PM
Post #68

Lab Hunter
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(x Sam @ Dec 24 2016, 09:39 PM) *
The site works with putting effort in, you get results. So if you really want to try and get the top prize, you've really got to try.

e: In regards to the cut off points or how high they're 'rise the mark', we don't know until the event is over so that's more than likely when it's decided.

Just remember regardless of however many coins you get you'll still get a prize happy.gif Yes, it may not be what you WANT, but it's better than nothing at all.

I know that. I just feel that with the "top x" type of rewarding, a lot of people won't even have a chance at the top prize. And I'm not really talking about myself here. (I'm at #29 atm, so maybe I even have a small chance of getting into the top 20)
It just feels wrong to me if this event is not about everyone working together to hatch a bunch of old pokémon, but competing against each other for the set number of top prizes. It just... feels different...

--------------------
+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post Dec 24 2016, 06:52 PM
Post #69

A learning vessel of several lessons to make me more clever.
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 405

My Loves

QUOTE(DraconicDM @ Dec 24 2016, 04:17 PM) *
QUOTE(x Sam @ Dec 24 2016, 09:39 PM) *

I know that. I just feel that with the "top x" type of rewarding, a lot of people won't even have a chance at the top prize. And I'm not really talking about myself here. (I'm at #29 atm, so maybe I even have a small chance of getting into the top 20)
It just feels wrong to me if this event is not about everyone working together to hatch a bunch of old pokémon, but competing against each other for the set number of top prizes. It just... feels different...

Well, you don't have to compete. Just hatch what you can and enjoy it, I guess. Besides, we can't just... give out the top prize to everyone. That really wouldn't be fair.

--------------------

Check my GPXPlus journal to see what I contributed to the site!

Interested in a commission? PM me.
+Quote Post

DraconicDM
post Dec 24 2016, 07:07 PM
Post #70

Lab Hunter
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Synx Itax @ Dec 25 2016, 12:52 AM) *
Well, you don't have to compete. Just hatch what you can and enjoy it, I guess. Besides, we can't just... give out the top prize to everyone. That really wouldn't be fair.

I know. I just try to improve GPX+ in the ways I can. Mostly by starting, or continuing discussions like these. Before anyone misunderstands, I know it's not my place to make these decisions, but I feel that discussing them, and letting the admins hear the opinion of both myself and other people, can only help.

I won't say that I wouldn't prefer if the prizes were distributed only according to the number of coins you have, unrelated to how many other people have. But I understand, that this decision is not mine to make, and I will accept whatever it will be.

As a sidenote, if the prizes won't be the same as last year (or the requirements for them), I think it would help to reveal the details as soon as possible.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Dec 24 2016, 07:24 PM
Post #71

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

QUOTE(DraconicDM @ Dec 25 2016, 01:07 AM) *
As a sidenote, if the prizes won't be the same as last year (or the requirements for them), I think it would help to reveal the details as soon as possible.

There's actually a very simple reason why we don't get this information beforehand. It doesn't exist yet. The rewards are based on how users perform. It's day 2 out of 10, we have one fifth of the data. Who knows how the rest will go. It actually largely depends on how many of the following days will have multipliers, and we don't know how many there will be.

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
+Quote Post

Earth
post Dec 24 2016, 10:14 PM
Post #72

Derp.
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 929

Active Squad

Well, I think it was to be expected that the coins people would get would be higher than before because of the lower maturity eggs. Actually thought 1.5k would make the cut, so I did a blitz to get it since I wanted to focus on events on Pokemon Go and another mobile game I play afterwards. I'll prob just tread water the rest of the way and secure a top 10 I guess.

--------------------
||

2.06M interactions and counting...

+Quote Post

Cycloneblaze
post Dec 25 2016, 06:04 AM
Post #73

The Blue Comet
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 93 314

snappers

QUOTE(DraconicDM @ Dec 25 2016, 12:07 AM) *
I won't say that I wouldn't prefer if the prizes were distributed only according to the number of coins you have, unrelated to how many other people have. But I understand, that this decision is not mine to make, and I will accept whatever it will be.

Essentially the staff have two options: set a threshold and see how many people surpass it, then give them all that prize (even if they don't tell us what that threshold is), or decide the threshold based on how far people have got. They've gone for the latter, and it's clear this decision is motivated by a choice: either they could give out an unlimited number of Shiny Legend Vouchers Plus, or they could only give out a limited number of them. Probably for the reason that, well, shiny Legendaries are special because they are rare, the staff have decided that if they are going to give out an item that allows you to get these, they aren't going to give out very many. With the way that this event is structured, although it makes the event very competitive and means that only the people who play the game the most can win - there really isn't a better way to give out some very special prizes without making them so common as to not be special any more (and that far from means 'everyone has one').

I don't know. I'm sure I'm treading ground that has been tread before, now and last February, but I wanted to make that point. The staff have decided they are only giving out ten or twelve of these vouchers, the structure of the prizes is actually a result of that.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Luneon
post Dec 25 2016, 10:46 PM
Post #74

The older I get, the less I seem to care for things....
Group Icon

Member No.: 33 779

The Chosen Ones

QUOTE(Cycloneblaze @ Dec 25 2016, 01:04 PM) *
Essentially the staff have two options: set a threshold and see how many people surpass it, then give them all that prize (even if they don't tell us what that threshold is), or decide the threshold based on how far people have got. They've gone for the latter, and it's clear this decision is motivated by a choice: either they could give out an unlimited number of Shiny Legend Vouchers Plus, or they could only give out a limited number of them. Probably for the reason that, well, shiny Legendaries are special because they are rare, the staff have decided that if they are going to give out an item that allows you to get these, they aren't going to give out very many. With the way that this event is structured, although it makes the event very competitive and means that only the people who play the game the most can win - there really isn't a better way to give out some very special prizes without making them so common as to not be special any more (and that far from means 'everyone has one').

I don't know. I'm sure I'm treading ground that has been tread before, now and last February, but I wanted to make that point. The staff have decided they are only giving out ten or twelve of these vouchers, the structure of the prizes is actually a result of that.

According to a post in last year's event thread (I think?), only the top 5 got a shiny legend voucher.
Idk about the "normal" shiny voucher, I can't remember how many people fell into that category and I can't find it anywhere either.

--------------------

Banners&Quotes (click to show)
+Quote Post

shadowdark eevee
post Dec 26 2016, 02:01 AM
Post #75

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 72 624

My team

OH MY LORD!!! THANK YOU GUYS!! SHINY FESTIVE MAKUHITA!!! IT HATCHED FOR ME!! THE GAURANTEE HATCHED FOR ME! ( if there wasnt a gaurantee shiny in that batch, even more awsome! )
+Quote Post

Breech Loader
post Dec 26 2016, 07:24 AM
Post #76

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 228 368

Active Squad

Come on Dreidel, be good for me...
+Quote Post

The Kraken
post Dec 28 2016, 09:05 AM
Post #77

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 240 765

Active Squad

So I'm trying to fill up my novelty dex, and one of the pokemon I'm still missing is Dreident. I looked on the wikia page, and it says you can get a dreidel item trough "Hanukkah Events". I'm aware this might be outdated information, but is there a way to get one currently?

Also, have there been any updates about the coin prizes? I'm not good at keeping up with news. I thought that the prizes were guaranteed for those who reach a certain number or coins, but skimming trough this thread I learned that it might just be a number of top players?? That would really suck imo, getting to a certain number, like 1500 is already not something just anyone can manage to do, so it's not like the shiny legends would become super abundant all of a sudden.

Is there a place where you can see the top players in terms of coins and how much they have?

--------------------
+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Dec 28 2016, 09:25 AM
Post #78

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

QUOTE(The Kraken @ Dec 28 2016, 03:05 PM) *
So I'm trying to fill up my novelty dex, and one of the pokemon I'm still missing is Dreident. I looked on the wikia page, and it says you can get a dreidel item trough "Hanukkah Events". I'm aware this might be outdated information, but is there a way to get one currently?

Also, have there been any updates about the coin prizes? I'm not good at keeping up with news. I thought that the prizes were guaranteed for those who reach a certain number or coins, but skimming trough this thread I learned that it might just be a number of top players?? That would really suck imo, getting to a certain number, like 1500 is already not something just anyone can manage to do, so it's not like the shiny legends would become super abundant all of a sudden.

Is there a place where you can see the top players in terms of coins and how much they have?

Based on last year, there will be scratch cards handed out as part of the ongoing event. Those scratch cards can give Dreidels. Also afterwards, some of the users who got these are likely to sell them, so even if you don't get any, it will be a good idea to pay attention to the Back Room after the prizes get handed out.

The prize brackets are not determined yet. They aren't purely based on either coin totals or ranks. If a lot of users perform at the top with small gaps between then, you can expect a lot of these users to get placed int he same bracket. At the same time, the brackets will be such that a reasonable number of users get the prizes.

The standings are available on lists on the users page. There are statistics for both coins total, coins today and coins in a day records.

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
+Quote Post

Indigo Sapphire
post Dec 29 2016, 02:35 AM
Post #79

I'm not that interesting I'm sorry.
Group Icon

Member No.: 242 587

Par-taay.

I'm really not bothered by how the prizes are given out; currently at 658 coins and #83. I'm probably not gonna get to a thousand coins so I'm accepting that I'm gonna get a Legend Voucher Plus, even if a Shiny Novelty would have been nice... This event was still super fun and I got a Shiny Charmander out of it. grin.gif Plus, I've never seen the site this active in a long time.

I hope 2017 sees more contests and events. grin.gif

Speaking of coins, I've essentially doubled my coins in the last 48 hours so that's good lol. Since I'm well past 300 and unlikely to reach 1000, I'm kinda just betting coins now and then and seeing if I can get somewhere close to 1000. I'm constantly running out of Shelter grabs too which is just as fun as it sounds.

--------------------
Why, hello there.

+Quote Post

DraconicDM
post Dec 29 2016, 06:35 AM
Post #80

Lab Hunter
Group Icon

Active Squad

Can we get any new info about the New Year's Raffle?

--------------------
+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:01 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.