Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

SEARCH BEFORE POSTING

Before posting ANYTHING here, LOOK AROUND FIRST! Odds are what you wish to ask or suggest or report has already been posted by another member. We do not like having to reply to the same thing over and over. The pinned threads are a great place to start!

76 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
Official GPX+ Suggestions Thread, READ THE FIRST POST, updated 1/3/10
Pokii
post Apr 12 2009, 08:52 PM
Post #1

Adorable Demonic Pinecone
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 2 319

ORAS Team

New thread here: http://forums.gtsplus.net/index.php?showtopic=28411

To help eliminate some of the excess suggestion threads~♪

If you've got any good suggestions for GPX+, post them here and one of the admins will review it for consideration.

Things NOT to Suggest:
Do not suggest any of the following, (or anything similar). They have been suggested and turned down many times before, or are currently being considered/worked on. Suggesting them will be treated as spam:

Trade System
Click all Pokémon/eggs button
New Novelty Pokémon
Ideas for Events
Rare Candy
Everstone
Larger pal pad
Sliph Scope for lab eggs
Skins for GPX+
Additional/Purchasable PC Boxes (especially since you just got some....)
Adding the new HGSS sprites
Changeable sprites
Different dex order
Anything regarding shinies
Achievements
Making any other variation of the Little Man/Manaphy Egg
Summons
Things that should be in an event

Also, please read through the thread or use the search function to check if what you are going to suggest has been suggested before.

Rules/Guidelines
. There is no need to repeat your suggestion, or suggest something that has already been suggested before.
. As the final decision regarding any suggestion lies with the admins, comments by the mods in this thread are subject to change. This said, we have never said no to a suggestion for it be revived by a admin later on, so our replies will give you a very good indication of what is likely to happen
. Because of the above, the most positive reply you'll ever get here, (unless its from Zerxer himself) is a 'maybe', or similar response. This means that the suggestion will be forwarded on to a admin for further review. Its highly unlikely you'll hear anything further about it, so just wait and see if it gets implemented or not. There is no need to repost it.

-Lord Megatron

This post has been edited by Commander Wymsy: Jan 3 2010, 04:35 PM

--------------------
| | | | |

Make me an avatar!

Spoiler (click to showhide)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Milo
post Apr 13 2009, 12:59 AM
Post #2

Future GTS+ PL Rock Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2 898

The Team of Rock

Two suggestions.

1. I think instead of removing the numbers, so you end up with 6/4 or whatever random ratio, because I like to keep the ratio equal or more on my side, I was suggesting that instead of removing the numbers you could make the name italic for members that have eggs or whatever in their party that you haven't interacted with yet.

2. I want to suggest adding average pokemon level to our personal stat page and user stats(the page that has a link at the top(next to help)), ya know for those of us that like to RAISE our pokemon.

This post has been edited by Milo: Apr 13 2009, 01:00 AM

--------------------

Avatar and Signature by Mark 331
+Quote Post

Drunk Ampharos
post Apr 13 2009, 01:13 AM
Post #3

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 403

Some Faves

Something to do with extra items?
Since you can't trade at all, there really is no use for extra evolution items (I have 4 Electrilizers, 3 Reaper Cloths, among other excess shakefist.gif ) unless you want multiples of an item-evo species for whatever reason.

Perhaps be able to trade, say, 3 unwanted items for an item you want?
Or just be able to drop an item? To prevent "waste," it can just be tossed into a a lost and found where anyone can pick it up (like a shelter for items).

--------------------
Add me in Real Life: Friend Code: 2895-7299-2139

+Quote Post

Maiana
post Apr 13 2009, 10:02 AM
Post #4

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 544

Active Squad

I do have a suggestion that could be easily put in (though my understanding of coding is limited)

On the Dex page the list can get rather long, if you scroll all the way to the bottom you have to scroll all the way to the top again just to get back to your party.

So why not have a 'return to top' link after the egg list and then after the pokemon list?

--------------------

DayCare
ponyta.gif and arcanine.gif
Eggs Produced: 9

Walker
rapidash.gif
Level: 66

My Pokemon Projects (click to show)

+Quote Post

Milo
post Apr 13 2009, 10:45 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

The Team of Rock

Quick suggestion, an option to toggle pokemon images off, or a lo-fi version, it might make it faster to click more people's eggs.

Maybe instead or images, it can just be text saying what it is, not eliminating images, but the option to turn them off.

This post has been edited by Milo: Apr 13 2009, 10:47 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Dovetail
post Apr 13 2009, 04:53 PM
Post #6

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 759

Active Squad

I'd really like to change castform into his different forms, even if it's like every 5 days or something. I understand this means creating new sprites, but i've noticed other pokemon have their other forms, if in egg or hatched form *take burmy for example*

--------------------
+Quote Post

Wastelander
post Apr 13 2009, 05:17 PM
Post #7

True king
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 2 552

The Runaways

Considering the amount of members now joining up to Gpx+, why not increase certain areas of the stats page to something like 'Top ten best X' to 20 (or even more), replacing X with the desired listing.

--------------------

Software engineer by day. Hermit writer by night.
nothing is impossible chasing a super hero on the run
+Quote Post

Stealth Rock
post Apr 13 2009, 08:05 PM
Post #8

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 546

Old Gen 4 Team

I have a huge suggestion.

What about restricting new members' ability to access GPX+?

I was thinking that, until they have been a member for a week or so, they can't use our adoptables system.

Of course, this has the possibility to fill our forum with spam threads about why noobs can't use it... x.x

... Crediting Serenade for the idea... also thanks for the cresselia, serenade... wink.gif

This post has been edited by SR Meganium Forme: Apr 13 2009, 08:05 PM

--------------------

What if we were all just line segments living in a grid?
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Apr 13 2009, 09:07 PM
Post #9

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

I don't see why they would need to be restricted from that site; it's the reason most of those members are joining. If anything, they should be restricted from using the forums for a week so they have time to actually read the rules and other threads. tongue.gif

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

BladeKuroda
post Apr 13 2009, 09:20 PM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 495

Active Squad

I heard somewhere that for special events only 10 of the pokemon are given out. As the member base gets bigger, maybe it could be changed to a small percentage (3-10%) instead of a set amount? Depending on how quickly the site grows, it may eventually get to the point to where getting one of these event pokemon would be almost as rare as finding a shiny or pokerus. o.o;

Still not sure if the 10 given out thing is true though. But just throwing the idea out there if it's the case.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Apr 13 2009, 09:42 PM
Post #11

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

QUOTE(BladeKuroda @ Apr 13 2009, 10:20 PM) *
Still not sure if the 10 given out thing is true though.

No, it's not.

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

BladeKuroda
post Apr 13 2009, 09:52 PM
Post #12

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 495

Active Squad

Ah alright. Then nevermind with my suggestion. XD

--------------------

+Quote Post

Milo
post Apr 14 2009, 03:34 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

The Team of Rock

Another suggestion.

I've noticed a few people clicking one of my eggs everyday, simply knowing I'm going to click all six of theirs, 'm kind of getting sick of it.

Now what I'm suggesting is blocking certain people from clicking you and hiding them on your personal online list(not from the online list, but from your own) so you don't click them by accident.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Dovetail
post Apr 14 2009, 11:00 AM
Post #14

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 759

Active Squad

Like blocking them? I think you should be happy to get clicks REGARDLESS of how many. No one MAKES you click all six. just click one back.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Milo
post Apr 14 2009, 11:03 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

The Team of Rock

I'd rather get none than one.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Pokii
post Apr 14 2009, 06:21 PM
Post #16

Adorable Demonic Pinecone
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 2 319

ORAS Team

QUOTE(Milo @ Apr 14 2009, 12:03 PM) *

Well, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense...I too find it very annoying when people only click one of my eggs/Pokémon, but it's still experience gained. I just don't click theirs back unless they do the whole party :P The only thing I find really annoying is that even if I do click back all of theirs, they won't even notice because it doesn't get bolded unless the egg/Pokémon they clicked gets hatched/removed from the party.

Huh...so I guess I'm making a suggestion now. How about if you've clicked more of someone's eggs/Pokémon than they have of yours it goes on their bold list? (or perhaps a new list)

The only problem would be if they didn't have as many eggs/Pokémon as you, like if they only had 3 and you had 6 and it left you with (6/3), which would still leave them on the list even though you couldn't do anything about it. But if there's a way around that, then that'd be right shnifty nod.gif

--------------------
| | | | |

Make me an avatar!

Spoiler (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

Kazyx
post Apr 14 2009, 09:20 PM
Post #17

Veteran Kaz would like to battle!
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 1 227

ElecPsy Team

I've had this thought cooking up in my head for the past day or two now. You know how we can tell when a Egg is ready to hatch by the cracks covering their shell, right? It allows others to know that "Oh, this one can hatch now" or some people can inform their friend with a cracked egg that "Oh, it seems your ___ egg is ready to hatch now ___"

So, why can't we do something similar with the Pokemon?

Probably a lot of coding, but a simple glow around the sprite or the text about that Pokemon on the Party page is bolded could work.

Sure, we have the spot that says "Evolve This Pokemon" but only the user with that Pokemon can see that, making it hard to know when if can or cannot evolve to other people.

Just my thought and all, no need to actually do anything. Needed to get rid of the idea somewhere, and I figured that since this was the suggestion thread, I might as well post it here.

Well, tootles~

--------------------
Click one of the images below to be directed to my profile on the shown website

+Quote Post

oOoXFOXoOo
post Apr 15 2009, 06:54 AM
Post #18

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 4 931

Active Squad

Q: STONES and ITEMS

uhmm. i don't know where to post. but i have a question regarding items i picked. How will i use my stones and item?

PM me if possible

--------------------

~ş~ This is what I call simple PLEASURE ~ş~
+Quote Post

Milo
post Apr 15 2009, 08:15 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

The Team of Rock

QUOTE(Pokii @ Apr 15 2009, 01:21 AM) *
QUOTE(Milo @ Apr 14 2009, 12:03 PM) *

Well, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense...I too find it very annoying when people only click one of my eggs/Pokémon, but it's still experience gained. I just don't click theirs back unless they do the whole party :P The only thing I find really annoying is that even if I do click back all of theirs, they won't even notice because it doesn't get bolded unless the egg/Pokémon they clicked gets hatched/removed from the party.

Huh...so I guess I'm making a suggestion now. How about if you've clicked more of someone's eggs/Pokémon than they have of yours it goes on their bold list? (or perhaps a new list)

The only problem would be if they didn't have as many eggs/Pokémon as you, like if they only had 3 and you had 6 and it left you with (6/3), which would still leave them on the list even though you couldn't do anything about it. But if there's a way around that, then that'd be right shnifty nod.gif

Okay honestly, I would like one more than none, its just I see people clicking one I get REALLY annoyed, like this guy named "polirath" clicking one of my eggs everyday knowing I'm gonna clicking all of his back.

Okay so in the online list I'd like to be able to mark certain people as people who don't click back, just mark them so I can know they're not going to click back, it doesn't have to take stats in over time I'd mark them manually.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Stealth Rock
post Apr 15 2009, 12:27 PM
Post #20

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 546

Old Gen 4 Team

QUOTE(Kazyx @ Apr 14 2009, 10:20 PM) *
I've had this thought cooking up in my head for the past day or two now. You know how we can tell when a Egg is ready to hatch by the cracks covering their shell, right? It allows others to know that "Oh, this one can hatch now" or some people can inform their friend with a cracked egg that "Oh, it seems your ___ egg is ready to hatch now ___"

So, why can't we do something similar with the Pokemon?

Probably a lot of coding, but a simple glow around the sprite or the text about that Pokemon on the Party page is bolded could work.

Sure, we have the spot that says "Evolve This Pokemon" but only the user with that Pokemon can see that, making it hard to know when if can or cannot evolve to other people.

Just my thought and all, no need to actually do anything. Needed to get rid of the idea somewhere, and I figured that since this was the suggestion thread, I might as well post it here.

Well, tootles~

... I'm going to debate with you a little.

Sometimes, I get PMs that tell me my eggs are ready to hatch. I find them immensely annoying. I wouldn't want people sending pointless messages to me saying that I haven't yet evolved some of my Pokémon, especially if I do not plan to evolve them.

And Dracowymsy/giratina/deoxys/rotom/shaymin would be stuck with a permanent glow.

This post has been edited by SR Meganium Forme: Apr 15 2009, 12:28 PM
+Quote Post

76 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:32 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.