Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
Escape to the Amazon!, 7eevee, Hydra, FirePower, and Darkrow
7eeveelutions
post Sep 25 2014, 11:00 PM
Post #1

Squawk!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 58 773

PANE Team

Deep within the rainforests of Fidona, Pokemon of many different varieties could be heard communicating with each other. The trees and underbrush were filled with the songs of birds, the grunts and growls of foxes, wolves, and cats, and many sounds, some more unique than others.

Such as the sound of a Ninetales being slammed into the ground and yelping.

In fact, in this particular part of the forest, the sounds of a battle had been ongoing for nearly fifteen minutes.

The (male) Ninetales was on a path through the northernmost portion of the island, nearly 50 miles north of the small town of Fidona that gave the island its name. The path itself, while clearly visible, was also quite clearly not very well-traveled; it was originally made of cobblestone, but was in the latter stages of disintegration and now contained just as much dirt and weeds as it did stone. On one side of the path were the large trees that made the rainforest so famous, while on the other side of the path was a small clearing maybe a hundred feet wide shaped somewhat like a circle.

On one side of that clearing was the Ninetales' Trainer, a bulky Hiker who looked like he was about to pull his hair out in frustration. Across from him sat a tall, thin Ranger, who was perched on a boulder about as big as he was and looked far calmed than the Hiker. In front of the Ranger stood a little female Espeon wearing a reddish-brown Ranger vest.

Notably, the Ranger had a short sword with a red-brown sheath dangling from one side of his waist, and a small black plastic holster on the other side, although the contents of the holster were not visible. The Hiker, of course, had a giant backpack with what appeared to be some kind of fold-up tent attached to it.

"This is going much better than I ever would have hoped......" the Ranger muttered.

Just going off of size alone, the Espeon should never have won that battle. She was not yet fully grown, and her height currently sat at about two and a half feet. The Ninetales, on the other hand, was not only fully grown but actually substantially bigger and bulkier than most of its species, and it stood right around four and a quarter feet tall. In addition to this, there was clearly a huge age difference, and thus a huge difference in battle experience. It was quite clear what would normally happen when something that big got a hold of something that small.

But that hadn't happened. In fact, the Ninetales had yet to even land a hit on the Espeon. Whenever it tried attacking from range, the Espeon would either dodge or use Protect. If it tried to close in and strike, the Espeon would not simply dodge, but do something far more dangerous.

Every time the Espeon was caught at close range in an unfavorable situation, it teleported into a more favorable location.

And that was why the Ninetales was currently lying flat on his belly with his legs spread out in random directions.

He had attempted to use Flamethrower as a distraction to get the Espeon to dodge, then use Quick Attack to catch it while it dodged. Only moments before it had already forced the Espeon into using Protect to block another attack, so she had to wait a little while before she could use it again. The hiker had ordered the combo attack thinking this would be their best chance, as the Espeon was clearly getting tired by this point.

But then she had teleported to a position about ten feet directly above the Ninetales, and had used Telekinesis on herself to give her body downwards velocity. Essentially, she turned the dodge into a flying drop-kick that struck poor Ninetales right on his back.

And to make things worse, the Ranger and his Espeon were communicating through telepathy, so the Hiker and his Ninetales didn't ever have the sligtest clue about what was coming next.

As his Pokemon struggled to stand back up after that attack, the Hiker decided to take the easy way out and cast aside his pride so that Ninetales could rest.

"All right, that's enough! We forfeit. You win, Ranger. That little Eeveelution of yours is surprisingly adept."

"Ahh? You give up? Well, fine. Scarlet hasn't lost a battle yet since she learned how to teleport. It isn't something most people or Pokemon are used to fighting against. Nobody seems to have the slightest clue how to counter it...... except for me, of course. My name is Scott by the way. I'm an Area Ranger from the Loch Ranch area, but I'm all the way out here because of some personnel shortages."

The Hiker recalled his Ninetales. "My name is Luke. I'm actually the head of the Fidona Tour Services. I usually try to make a point of challenging all the rangers I see, but..... I'm not used to losing. This was just a 1 on 1 battle though, maybe if it had been two on two or 6 on 6......"

"4 on 4 is the best I can manage, but you still would have lost, because then you would have been distracted by Scarlet while a more threatening member of my team attacked." The small Espeon suddenly teleported again, this time onto Scott's shoulders with her backs legs on his left shoulder and her front legs on his right shoulder, and her body curved around the back of Scott's head somewhat similar to a neck pillow.

"...... I am going to have to go home and reflect upon this battle. If we meet again and have a rematch, you can be sure the outcome will be different." Hiker Luke started off down the path southwards back towards Fidona.

Scott and Scarlet watched them leav, before Scott fed his Espeon a pair of berries- Oran and Leppa- to restore her health and strength. Afterwards, she finally got down from his shoulders, and he returned her back to the Great Ball she resided in so she could rest. "Guess I might as well get back to patrolling......"

He looked up at the sky for a few moments and tapped his sword sheath twice with one of his fingers before jumping down off of the rock.

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
ninetales.gifumbreon.gifespeon.gifleafeon.gif
{Profile | Current Levels}
{Network Ninjas}
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
7eeveelutions
post Mar 22 2015, 08:43 PM
Post #2

Squawk!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 58 773

PANE Team

As the Pidgeot flock began to take action, Scott realized that Scarlet had, in her excitement, forgotten to break the chain securing him to the cage his Pokemon had used to be in. Not only that, but she was still gone trying to get his fake gun back. She and her brother both had tunnel vision, so he had no idea when she would be returning. The chain was likely too strong for anyone to break or melt, so the only ways to get it off would be to either find the key or to use Scarlet's telekinetic powers to pick the lock.

Scarlet wasn't really trained to do that, but it would certainly be easier than fighting everyone looking for a key.

As the girl who was helping recalled her Pokemon and was picked up by a Pidgeot, Ruby fell back to protect her trainer. Scott was focused on the lead poacher though, because that was where his firecracker gun was- and where Scarlet would next show up.

But the lead poacher was still getting chased around by an enraged Charizard, and Scott saw the gun slip out of his belt.......

...... And promptly get stepped on (and likely crushed) by the fire dragon. It may have been made of metal, but since it used compressed air to fire the paintballs instead of gunpowder it wasn't made to the same quality as an actual handgun. There was little chance that it still worked anymore.

"Tch. That's...... several hundred dollars down the drain."

It took a minute, but Scarlet teleported back to him soon afterwards. She had given up on retrieving the weapon.

"The chain...... pick the lock on the chain."

The chain was made of some kind of aluminum alloy with a clasp at both ends, one of which was around Scott's right wrist. As his Espeon began to focus on the clasp's lock, Scott noticed that most of the Pidgoet had left by now and the mutant Absol was back on its feet.

It was that thing and Ruby now. His Vulpix decided to start by lightning the grass between them on fire with multiple Emer attacks so that the Absol couldn't easily approach. As the wolf-thing-with-wings stood confused, the smoke caused by the fires created a wall so that Scott and Ruby could no longer see their opponent.

After several moments passed with the Absol not reappearing, Scarlet finally got the clasp open. Scott quickly grabbed his bag and recalled his Espeon, and Ruby began to turn back to him.

And then they were both grabbed by the wild Pidgeots.

"Hey, wait...... don't...... AHHHHHHHH!"

A sudden burst of pain from Scott's burns on his back knocked him out cold.

A week passed, and finally the restriction on flying after the terrorist incident was lifted so the Rangers could use their helicopters again.

And then another week passed.

Scott sat up in the hospital bed.

He was still in the Fidona general hospital, two weeks after the incident in the jungle.

He remembered nothing of the flight back to the city, or of landing, or of the three days after that. Apparently he'd been either unconscious or barely awake the entire time.

The medical records were staggering- he'd needed stitches in a few spots and a lot of pain medicine, but the burn on his back had required skin grafting to heal even with the medical abilities of Pokemon like Chansey and Blissey. It would likely leave a life-long scar, just like the one on his shoulder from long before now. Not only that, but he had to be treated for a concussion that he got when he was first attacked.

Plus, Ruby had needed stitches for a wound on the back of her neck and shoulder, and Ebony had needed surgery to repair a torn muscle in his leg.

Ruby had already been released back into Amber's care and was ready to go, but he and Ebony weren't allowed to leave the hospital yet. Luckily, Scarlet and Moss got through relatively unscathed.

Amber had already vented all her anger in the previous week, and was now simply trying to help out with some of the paperwork. The Rangers would pay for most of the medical bills, but he had to file a lengthy report on what had happened. That report was proving to be a major pain.

But in the end, there was good news.

Two days after the incident, a team of four Rangers and two Fidona policemen had stormed the poacher base, only to find it abandoned. All of the Pokemon that had been captured had been left in the cages, as if the poachers were in a hurry to leave, so everyone had been freed.

Not only that, but Ruby had dug into his bag while he'd been out cold and had used her Fire Stone. She was no longer a little Vulpix but a much larger Ninetales.

All that was left to do for Scott was to stare out the window of his hospital room and wish his recovery would happen faster so he could go back to patrolling.

And to wish that all the paperwork would go away.

--------------------

PANE - Scott Carson
ninetales.gifumbreon.gifespeon.gifleafeon.gif
{Profile | Current Levels}
{Network Ninjas}
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
7eeveelutions   Escape to the Amazon!   Sep 25 2014, 11:00 PM
Darkrow   Even sleeping was becoming annoying. How was Lucie...   Sep 27 2014, 09:56 PM
FirePower   Kaya dashed through the jungle, grinning ear to ea...   Sep 28 2014, 09:22 PM
Hydra   Sebastian and his crew of pokemon had been rather ...   Sep 29 2014, 04:58 PM
7eeveelutions   "Eh?" Scott had just started walking do...   Sep 29 2014, 10:54 PM
Darkrow   Lucie’s sudden yelling had been enough to hurt her...   Sep 30 2014, 08:46 AM
FirePower   Kaya cocked her head. Was it just her imagination,...   Oct 3 2014, 12:53 PM
Hydra   Flame and Bolt certainly knew how to leave their t...   Oct 3 2014, 07:37 PM
7eeveelutions   Moss tilted his head to the side a little bit, a h...   Oct 4 2014, 01:30 PM
Darkrow   Pecan’s oversized ears perked up and his eyes wide...   Oct 7 2014, 10:06 PM
FirePower   Kaya cringed as the young man started shouting. He...   Oct 9 2014, 10:16 PM
Hydra   Whoever it was that owned the Blitzle was not impr...   Oct 9 2014, 11:08 PM
7eeveelutions   Well, he's just...... err...... I don't re...   Oct 10 2014, 01:38 PM
Darkrow   “Pecan!” Lucie’s eyes almost instantly filled...   Oct 10 2014, 10:38 PM
FirePower   Kaya glared at the young man's back as he walk...   Oct 11 2014, 05:54 PM
Hydra   Sebastian blocked out the young girl's voice a...   Oct 11 2014, 10:33 PM
7eeveelutions   The boss poacher looked at his ally for a moment, ...   Oct 12 2014, 12:46 AM
Darkrow   Why, oh why did today have to be so exhausting? Ru...   Oct 12 2014, 01:41 AM
FirePower   "Manera, use Thunder Wave on Nidoran! Ped...   Oct 13 2014, 09:26 PM
Hydra   Pinsir was relentless in it's attack on Blade,...   Oct 13 2014, 11:00 PM
7eeveelutions   OOC (click to showhide)This is a long post. The fi...   Oct 14 2014, 03:56 PM
Darkrow   “That’s for embarrassing me, arsehole,” the poache...   Oct 14 2014, 09:18 PM
FirePower   Kaya instinctvely brought her hands up as the Pooc...   Oct 18 2014, 08:42 AM
Hydra   Jaws and Blade working in unison was a sight to se...   Oct 19 2014, 06:29 PM
7eeveelutions   The poacher outpost was pretty quiet, so Moss was ...   Oct 19 2014, 09:24 PM
Darkrow   It took quite a while after Lucie was dumped into ...   Oct 20 2014, 11:25 PM
FirePower   The scene Kaya stumbled upon was not a very nice o...   Oct 22 2014, 03:45 PM
Hydra   Sebastian was reflecting upon the now sorted out s...   Oct 22 2014, 06:01 PM
7eeveelutions   Ruby was understandably furious, considering what ...   Oct 22 2014, 07:23 PM
Darkrow   Lucie instantly backed up and held her pokémon clo...   Oct 24 2014, 11:21 PM
FirePower   ((OOC: Snap, I thought I already posted this. Sorr...   Nov 2 2014, 02:14 PM
Hydra   Sebastian found it rather surprising that the youn...   Nov 2 2014, 05:48 PM
7eeveelutions   Ruby merely cast Lucie a sideways glare and contin...   Nov 3 2014, 02:48 PM
Darkrow   The fact that neither the Vulpix or the Leafeon re...   Nov 11 2014, 08:28 AM
FirePower   “I think I saw a Magby and Elekid earlier, in the ...   Nov 15 2014, 01:41 PM
Hydra   Despite Espeon being a psychic type pokemon, Sebas...   Nov 15 2014, 06:57 PM
7eeveelutions   Ebony tilted his head to the side. The girl said s...   Nov 16 2014, 12:13 AM
Darkrow   “…What? Are you deaf or something?” Lucie asked, a...   Nov 16 2014, 02:00 AM
FirePower   Kaya's heart melted as soon as she Electrike c...   Nov 17 2014, 09:17 PM
Hydra   It was not very often that Sebastian found himself...   Nov 18 2014, 03:42 AM
7eeveelutions   With Lucie powerless (and probably unwilling) to h...   Nov 18 2014, 01:52 PM
Darkrow   Fuck this. Just. Fuck this. Her pokémon had run a...   Nov 25 2014, 03:00 PM
FirePower   Kaya stared open-mouthed at the poacher's base...   Nov 30 2014, 10:36 PM
Hydra   Was this Espeon leading them into a trap? Sebastia...   Dec 4 2014, 08:04 PM
7eeveelutions   With a quick teleport, Scarlet moved from the grou...   Dec 5 2014, 01:01 AM
FirePower   Beacon ran among the cages, ignoring the Pokemon i...   Jan 3 2015, 11:14 PM
7eeveelutions   "I ran into...... some really...... really ba...   Jan 22 2015, 11:22 PM
Darkrow   Lucie didn’t react too badly to Scarlet coming bac...   Jan 23 2015, 04:22 PM
FirePower   Kaya looked at the other girl in the group. Kaya w...   Jan 30 2015, 04:23 PM
7eeveelutions   OOC- Shorter post than I'd like because I have...   Jan 31 2015, 03:45 PM
FirePower   Charizard stalked amongst the cages, searching for...   Mar 4 2015, 05:23 PM
7eeveelutions   Using Moss as support, Scott was able to sit up. H...   Mar 5 2015, 12:38 AM
FirePower   "Beacon, get out of there!" Kaya yel...   Mar 14 2015, 08:28 AM
7eeveelutions   Having lost his chance at getting the closest targ...   Mar 14 2015, 11:24 PM
FirePower   Attila grumbled as he tried to get the attention o...   Mar 22 2015, 03:01 PM

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:42 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.