Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
Port Barley
The Rose Crusade...
post Aug 6 2008, 09:24 PM
Post #21

Former GTS +PL Grass Leader
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 193

Melinda Rose

(No, its fine. I understand; I like the character choices you made. happy.gif)

Melinda recovered quickly from her episode in the bathroom. "Sure, i guess so. But WHAT IS THAT THING?!?" she freaked again when she laid her eyes upon. Immediately, the bathroom door swung open, and Jaima could hear the sounds of a flushing toilet. She emerged once again, the same as she had when she reappeared before. "I have never seen anything so...ugly. You see, I come from a land of pretty things. Flowers and plants, nothing like this. I don't even know its name.." she trailed off. She paused briefly and thought for a moment. "Sure, I'll come with you. But...um...can you hold my...thing please?" She tried her best not to look at it. Its scales were flaking, and its lips were all dried up. Its eyes look liked they were about to pop out of their sockets. Mindy felt a sense of compassion for the pokemon. She could only imagine how she would feel if when people looked at her, they ran away screaming. Jaima and Mindy walked down the hall and went into the nurse's quarters. she left it up to Jaima to do the talking.

EDIT: OOC: (W00T!!! PAGE TWOO BABY!!!)

This post has been edited by Birdknight: Aug 6 2008, 09:25 PM

--------------------

Gym (click to show)
Badges (click to show)
PANE Roleplaying (click to show)

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

RpgBouncer
post Aug 6 2008, 10:04 PM
Post #22

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 962

Active Squad

Jax's eyes darkened and he slowly stood up with an aura of despair around him. He then raised his head and his eyes lightened back up "Meh the honey thing was very intelligent. I definitely didn't see it coming. Also, I only use one pokemon because it's the only one that's fit to be my partner. Maybe when I find something else that suits me then maybe I'll pick him up." Jax looked over the clock again, 30 minutes left! No way! "Flash is with the nurse, his name is Flash. Don't worry he'll be back soon, we have some things to work on tomorrow. Speaking of tomorrow you should stick around, see how some real partners train!" Jax pulled up a sleeve and flexed as he finished his last statement.

"Also, don't joke with me. I don't want a bad vibe during my stay here. Tell me your real name! Lemonade can't possibly be your name!" Jax put his finger in Lemonade's face with a dramatic spin. He fiddled with the pokeball in his left hand while staring intently back at Lemonade.
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Aug 7 2008, 08:54 AM
Post #23

Team Rogue: Houndoom
Group Icon

Member No.: 804

Uprising Mod

“Oh, sure,” he teased, “stick me with carrying the sick pokémon.” He was grinning when he said it, and had it cradled in one arm. “Grab it’s pokéball so they can put it on the machine or something.” As she did so, Jaima stared down at the poor, tattered looking thing. He was convinced it was a sick magikarp, and couldn’t help feel sorry for it. It’s whiskers were gone, and the dorsal fin was mutated into some kind of hollowed out triangle. The sickly yellow color didn’t look like the usually vibrant orange of the fish pokémon. It even looked like someone had put lipstick on its cracked lips and blackened both bulging eyes.

The poor thing.

They walked down the hall silently, and reached the counter, where Jaima pressed the quiet buzzer to summon the night nurse. She appeared, looking quizzical, and her eyes were drawn to the pokémon on Jaima’s arm. “Oh, my, a feebas!”

“Don’t you think that’s a little harsh,” Jaima asked, having decided that the poor thing was deserving of pity.

The Nurse blinked, then smiled kindly. “No, no, that’s what it’s called. A Feebas. They’re pretty rare.”

“It’s not a Magikarp?” Jaima looked down again in horror at the pokémon on his arm. He was pulled out of the fugue the Nurse’s revelation had caused by her giggle.

“No, though I can see a resemblance. It’s a feebas. A pretty healthy specimen, too!”

Jaima and Mindy exchanged a look. “Healthy? We didn’t wake you up, did we?”

The Nurse outright laughed at this, looking delighted. She noticed the sickening look on Mindy’s face. “I wouldn’t blame you if you threw it back, but I really think you should raise it. And groom it. If you can find some blue pokéblocks or dry poffins to feed it, that would be best.” Seeing the incredulous look on Jaima’s face, she winked. “Trust me.”

--------------------
[align=center]Uprising Mod

||
Jaima Kuonji and Meiko Omura||Branwys Muphenz
[spoiler=Jaima's Gym Badges][/spoiler]
PANE

||
Jay Lange||Olivia Prewitt
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

:houndoom: I claim Houndoom! :houndoom: [/align]
+Quote Post

Lemonade
post Aug 7 2008, 10:53 AM
Post #24

The Kid With the Funky Name
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 496

Active Squad

"You think I'm joking? I promise you my name is Lemonade. I don't know where it came from, but my whole life I've always been Lemonade Johnson." Lemonade said as Jax was giving him a 'yeah, whatever' look, then he went over and rested on his bed and picked up his Rattata and placed it on his lap. "So why exactly do you think you're the best trainer ever, or do you just plan to be?"

Jax answered and then Lemonade replied, "Well, I guess that makes sense, seeing as that's your predicament, so, I guess I'll train with you tomorrow." Lemonade then got up and the Rattata jumped off of his lap and curled back on the bed. "Oh, but before I do, I need to look for this one kid who was watching you battle tonight, I'm going to challenge him."

--------------------

Lemonade Johnson, the Yellow and Green Freak

My Lucario

Inspired by Dark's Gliscor
+Quote Post

RpgBouncer
post Aug 7 2008, 04:22 PM
Post #25

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

"Ok lemonade, let's find that kid," Jax's eyes again wandered over to the clock, "I want to see what's in this pokeball." Jax threw the decorated ball into the air after a few still seconds of the ball floating there it released a burst of hearts and and red beam shooting down straight to the floor. At first it was impossible to tell what had come out there were so many decorations. As everything cleared away it was made apparent the pokemon that had been released into the room was a Snubbull, a snubbull with a bow on it's head and a very distinguished look and presence about it. Jax and Lemonade both looked at it waiting for it to do something.

About 20 seconds passed by with the two trainers and the pokemon looking back at each other. Then it reacted! It crossed it's arms and stuck it's nose up in the air. Jax fell back on the bed laughing. "AhahahahHAHAHAHAHA, oh man this thing is amazing!" The pokemon kept its pose and closed it's eyes, it didn't want to have anything to do with these simpletons. Jax returned to an upright position and wiped a tear from his eye. He looked back at the pokemon and picked it up, "Isn't it so adorable Lemonade!? Look at her wittle bow and her cute wittle--" the snubbull bit Jax on the nose. He dropped the pokemon on the floor and returned it to it's pink ball.

Jax took on a serious aura and glanced back at Lemonade, "We need to return this pokemon to the couple that I saw leaving. We'll ask the nurse where they went and go find them in the morning." He threw the ball into his backpack that had been laying by the bed since he arrived. He looked back over his shoulder, "Maybe that gal you think is so cute will be out there." Jax smiled and motioned Lemonade over to the door.

This post has been edited by RpgBouncer: Aug 7 2008, 04:23 PM
+Quote Post

Lemonade
post Aug 7 2008, 04:42 PM
Post #26

Group Icon

Active Squad

"Maybe that gal you think is so cute will be out there." Jax said.

"What makes you think I think that gal is cute?" Lemonade caught off guard. "You're the one that was shouting it for everyone to hear!" Jax said something back and then Lemonade said while the were walking to the lobby, "Shouldn't your Flash be healed by now?"

▲A wee bit later▲
While down in the lobby Jax was speaking to the Nurse when Lemonade saw the kid we wanted to battle and the girl Jax fought earlier that day. Lemonade was surprised to see the kid with all the karate style clothes on, once he realized who it was he ran over and hit him on the back and said, "You were there at the Pokemon battle at the park today, weren't you?" Without waiting for a reply Lemonade said, "I'd like to battle you, I saw your Pokemon and they look like they could face a challenge for mine, what do you say?"

--------------------

My Lucario

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Aug 7 2008, 06:04 PM
Post #27

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

"Ow," was Jaima's only reply. He turned, looking down at Lemonade with one eyebrow raised, trusting Mindy to carry on with the Nurse about her feebas. "Who're you again?" Jaima shook his head and raised his hand, forestalling any reply. "It doesn't matter. Me and my kids are too tired. We just got off the boat and we're going to chat with our roommates, sleep a good night's sleep, and we'll battle you tomorrow. In the park." Jaima tried to smile, but it didn't quite take, so he shrugged and turned back to Mindy, asking for his team when there was a proper time to do so.

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

+Quote Post

Lemonade
post Aug 7 2008, 06:41 PM
Post #28

Group Icon

Active Squad

"All right! Tomorrow after breakfast I'll be waiting. By the way, I'm Lemonade. Make sure you're in tip-top shape!" Lemonade shouted at him while he was walking away. Lemonade then turned to the nurse and gave her his pokemon to make sure that they were up to snuff.

After the examination was complete he turned around and saw Jax flirting with some girls with his Pikachu on his shoulder. "Hey Jax, I'm going to bed, see you there." Lemonade said as Jax just nodded his head. Lemonade was heading up the stairs and went to his door and opened it. Once inside he saw a Zubat flying around their room. "How the heck did that get in here?" Lemonade yelled and saw the window open. "Aw great, how am I going to get it out?"
He tried getting it out the window without touching, but it wasn't working. "I guess I've just got to battle it. Ratty, come on out!" Lemonade said while the Rattata came flying out of the green and yellow ball.

The battle went as such:
Ratty used tail whip
Zubat used leech life
Ratty used tackle
Zubat used Supersonic; Ratty is confused
Ratty used another tackle; hits Zubat
Zubat used leech life again
Ratty hurts itself
Lemonade Throws a pokeball; Zubat is caught.

"Great job Ratty!" Lemonade told the Rattata. "Let's nickname this one Azure, like the color." After the confrontation from the flying pokemon both trainer and pokemon were pretty tired, so Lemonade put his new Zubat on the side table, changed in to PJs and then went to sleep, eager for the battle he had set for tomorrow.

Zubat information (click to showhide)

--------------------

My Lucario

+Quote Post

RpgBouncer
post Aug 7 2008, 06:44 PM
Post #29

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

"Sorry for the wait. Your Pikachu is fine now!" The nurse smiled at Jax to reassure him. Jax snickered at her, "Of course he is, he's the best pokemon around." Just then, Flash burst up from the counter and onto Jax's shoulders, rubbing his head against his trainers. "I do have one question nurse. The couple that left, did they say where they were going? They left something here that I'd like... LOVE to return to them." The nurse's smile faded and she sighed at him. "I have no idea where they went, they left on short notice and just handed back the room, ther than that though. I have no idea." Jax kept his personality up, "Oh well. I'm sure someone around here heard something. Thank you for healing Flash." He then bowed and left for the middle of the room to show off his Pokemon.

Jax burst into the middle of the room with his usual presence. "Greetings trainers, it is your lucky day!" Although some people ignored him he managed to catch quite a bit of attention. Before anyone could say anything though he started again, "For tonight is the night you get to meet the world's greatest female trainer!" Crap! Jax's face flushed red with his mistake. Even though he was still walking in his mother's foot steps he kept forgetting their differences. But as quickly as he made the mistake he went to fix it. He fell backwards and into somebodys lap resulting in a quick push.

"I am truly sorry sir!" Jax stood up and brushed himself off then put a hand up to his ear. "What's that!? She's sick and can't come out of her room?" A trainer then spoke up "I didn't hear--" Jax cut him off. "That's too bad folks! She needs her rest, but you can be assured she will make it here tomorrow!" Jax sat down next to two female trainers and put his arms around their shoulders and whispered to them in a hushed voice. "She may be the best trainer, but she is nowhere near as beautiful as you two are." Flash leapt off of his shoulders as he got shoved out of his spot by the girls. Feisty ladies! But more important matters, I must go find someone who knows about that couple.
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Aug 7 2008, 11:17 PM
Post #30

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Jaima watched Mindy walk away with her new feebas and sighed. She seemed wary, and he couldn't say he blamed her, even a little bit.

It was then that he heard the loud, boisterous voice commenting about the "greatest female trainer". His teeth were set instantly on edge. Mindy, I take back all the things I was thinking during that fight. He deserves to be slapped.

He shook his head and stepped out toward the door to look out at the night. He'd give Mindy a bit alone with her kids, then go see about some rest.

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

The Rose Crusade...
post Aug 8 2008, 08:48 AM
Post #31

Group Icon

Melinda Rose

Mindy sighed as she walked back to the room. Wow, what luck did I get. I wanted something fierce, but elegant. Strong, and beautiful. And look what I got now, a tiny, defenseless little fish. She tried her best to look at it, she really did. A she did, she could feel fluid coming up her throat, trying to come out. But she held it down; she was proud of that. Melinda brought Feebas back to the room and laid it on the bed. She laid on the opposite side of the bed, her hands folded on top of each other, her head resting on her hands. Now, they were at the same level and looking into each other’s’ eyes. Feebas gave her a quizzical look. It seemed to be the quiet type, preferring not to talk and just listen. Melinda decided then that she would look past the outside, and not judge the Feebas by its appearance. As they say, don’t judge a book by its cover.

She let Taillow and Combee out to meet Feebas. They went into the bathroom and all the pokemon played in the bathtub together. After, Melinda dried them all off with her towel, and put them all to sleep. Tomorrow would be a new day. She tucked all of her pokemon in the bed, and then waited for Jaima to come back. While waiting, however, she hatched a plan for Feebas, concerning what Nurse Joy had said. The Joys never led anyone in the wrong direction, so Mindy decided that she would take the her advice.

She went into the lobby and found a seat in front of one of the many monitors there. She sat down and stared at a reflection of herself on a black screen. She hit the green button and a set of numbers came up. Next, she pressed them in a certain order and the heard ringing with an interval of silence between each ring.

“Hey mom” said Melinda into the monitor. She could see her mother in the screen, an abundance of flowers behind her.

“Hi sweetie! How are you?” eagerly asked Mrs. Rose. She had been waiting all week for Melinda to call her. Mindy just never got around to it. "How has your adventure been going? Did you catch any new pokemon?" she asked inquisitively.

"Yea, I caught two. I would show you, but they are asleep right now and I don't think I should wake them up." replied Mindy. She really just didn't want to show her mother her pathetic Feebas and baby Taillow. "How are things at the shop?"

"Oh, busy as ever! But more busy since you left. I am really grateful for all the help you gave us here at the shop." sincerely stated Mrs. Rose.

"Don't sweat it ma, I'm only sorry I couldn't help you now," said Mindy as she saw a line of patiently waiting customers begin to form behind Mrs. Rose. "Listen, I need a favor. Could you possibly end me a package of Ganlop berries? The ones behind the greenhouse were just ripening whenI left. I have a new project here in Furoh that I want to test out," asked Mindy . She really needed the berries. As they continued the conversation, more customers appeared behind Mrs. Rose in a line, turning impatient.

“Of course honey! it won't be a problem. I'll collect them soomn and send them in an hour or so. The time difference between regions means thatyou should get them in the morning,” stated Mrs. Rose. "But I have to leave now honey, the customers are getting anxious. I will talk to you later!" The customers wer getting rowdy, and Mrs. Rose needed to hang up.
i“Okay, by mom. I love ya!” cheerfully announced Melinda. With that, she shut off the monitor, and returned to the room to wait for Jaima.

This post has been edited by Birdknight: Aug 8 2008, 02:11 PM

--------------------

Gym (click to show)
Badges (click to show)

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Aug 8 2008, 10:32 AM
Post #32

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Jaima popped the blue and black ball with the 4 point yellow star off of his belt and opened it. Fang popped out and immediately jumped on top of Jaima’s head, putting his hind feet on Jaima’s shoulders to stand there. He stared out curiously. The second ball, also black and blue with two steel-grey ridges along the top was opened, and Shadow was released. He too took his place, this time on Jaima’s left shoulder. Grondir was released from a ball decorated with raised, vine-like ridges, and Ember from a dark brown and tan ball with a flame on the back. Both preferred to walk for themselves.

He was just about to turn around when a tap on the door caught his eye. Outside was a bright green bird that looked like a swallow, with a tail that was split in two. It’s red chest was pressed against the door as it peered into the pokécenter, and it gazed at Jaima.

“Oh! Hey, hold on.” Jaima turned to the Nurse. “Is it OK if I let my family’s swellow inside? He’s delivering mail.”

The Nurse came from behind the counter, then blinked. “Oh! I was going to tell you, but it seems your friend has found it. There is a little door that will allow mail pokémon in.” She smiled and bowed. Jaima smiled as well, a little nervously, and bowed in return.

“Thank you. He’s a very smart bird.” I have no idea how he does that...

The bird dropped a small parcel onto a nearby table and made to take off, but Jaima held up a hand. “Hey, wait a minute, Mr. Postman.” Mr. Postman stopped and cocked his head as Jaima opened the envelope. Inside was a letter on blue-green stationary.

Dear Jaima,
It is very lonely without you and the girls. Your sisters have started their journey as well. They picked a totodile and a chikorita (Natsume and Mariko, respectively) because it matched their hair (how did they get so vain? Don't answer that!) and have started off. Mariko also said that Natsume decided on a water pokémon to help Mariko's grow. So precious!
In the packet is a pokégear for you, with a radio card. Professor Elm said that he had a few extra this year as a promotion, and gave one to you and the girls for all your years interning with him. He's so nice!
Please don't worry about me, Jaima, I will be fine. I know you already are worrying, but try not to. Oh, I also sent 500 pokéyen and your pokédex. Of course, it's been filled by now, but I thought you might need it. Professor Elm has updated it with the national version.
I love you, Jaima
Mom

P.S.: There’s also stationary. So you can write to your mother!

Jaima smiled and opened the package. He hadn’t seen his pokégear until his first attempt at starting his trainer’s journey when he was 10. He put it on his wrist, then pulled out the pokédex and pocketed it. He pulled out the pokéyen, looked it over, and separated 100 from the rest. Then he pulled out apiece of paper (Yellow?! Ugh...) and began to write.

Mom,
Thanks for all this! I had to make my reservation in Port Barley on the phone on the ship, and that cost almost the rest of my money, so this is going to come in handy! And the gear is great.
Mr. Postman did one of those weird things again. Are you sure he’s just a swellow?
Could you do me a favor? I have a friend who... well, anyway, I made a friend, and it doesn’t seem they have anything for communication, and, well... could you see if the Professor has an extra pokégear? If not, I’ve put back 100p, could you buy one and send it to me? I’d appreciate it.
Love you, too, Mom.
Jaima
He put the letter and the pokéyen in an envelope, gave it to Mr. Postman, and watched him, literally, disappear and reappear outside the door. He looked around nervously, but no one had seemed to notice.

It wasn’t until he was on his way back to his room that he realized that a gift this early after meeting someone might not be appreciated. Especially by a girl who seemed to prefer not to be looked down on, like Mindy.

crap!

Shrugging to himself, he stepped into the room. “Hey, Mindy,” he said softly. “Awake?”

((Yes, Mr. Postman is a shiny swellow. Except he might not be shiny, but an odd offshoot from a Taillow breeding with a Xatu...))

This post has been edited by Jaima: Aug 8 2008, 10:42 AM

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

The Rose Crusade...
post Aug 8 2008, 02:35 PM
Post #33

Group Icon

Melinda Rose

"Yes, I'm still here." replied Mindy. "I was just waiting for your to come back". She had changed into her pajamas. A green night shirt and black night pants, accented by the Combee slippers she had on her feet. "Listen, I wanted to have a talk with you"she motioned to the other bed, which Jaima willingly sat down on. Mindy then sat down on the edge of her bed like him. Now they were facing each other. "Listen...I don't know how to say this well. I like you a lot Jaima, I really do." she paused briefly, contemplating on what she had just uttered. "Wait, don't get the idea that I 'like' you. its just that, you are different than the other boys. You aren't self-absorbed or cocky, you are more mature; and I like that. You seem like a very nice and giving person, the kind of person I'd like to be friends with."

She looked directly at him now. "Don't get the idea that I don't like-like you at all, its just that now is not the time I want to be getting involved with intense relationships. Right now, I'm still a kid. I want to go on an adventure with my pokemon, just like every other kid in the world. Plus, I'm an independent person, and I don't need the constant support of another person, you know? Most guys I see are like dogs, watching whatever I do with their mouths open. You aren't like that, and I truly respect that. That is why I wanted to know if you wanted to... um... travel together." She was thinking about what he would be thinking at this point. "He probably thinks I'm nuts. Who knows why I'm opening up to this guy, he just seems very kind, and genuinely interested, maybe that's why..."she thought. She then thought that she would try to put it into perspective. "Listen, I don't have any friends in the Furoh region. Even fewer now thanks to that 'performance' earlier today, everyone probably thinks I'm a psycho. I was just wondering... well... because I know, even when people are usually hard as a rock emotionally, that the long road gets lonely after awhile..." she trailed off.

She was looking away now at her pokemon. They were all snuggled together. Combee was in the middle with Taillow and Feebas on either side of her. Something struck Melinda at that point that she would remember for the rest of her life. "Combee and Taillow, they don't care how Feebas looks. They immediately accepted Feebas because she was nice, not because she looked a little bit weird... If the whole world was a little more like pokemon in this way, it might be a better place." she then made a vow, promising herself never again to judge Feebas, or anyone, by their appearance.

But now, the attention was shifted back to Jaima. "There could be to possible outcomes of this situation. One, he says sure. Two, he thinks I'm a psycho and runs away. God, what did I get myself into!" she looked at him, waiting for an answer to her plea for friendship.

--------------------

Gym (click to show)
Badges (click to show)

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Aug 8 2008, 03:16 PM
Post #34

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

As Mindy talked, Jaima looked down at his two most experienced pokémon. When they were first introduced, Ember was afraid of Grondir, and Grondir was hostile toward Ember, but they had learned to get along. Now, between his feet, they slept pressed close together, Ember's fires banked to prevent her from harming Grondir. He glanced towards Mindy's pokémon and saw similar. The two she had had since he'd met her had instantly taken to the feebas, even before the humans had. This was the deciding indication that Mindy was a caring trainer.

His heart had pounded when she'd said that she'd liked him, but as she explained what she meant (stuttering at times), he found himself agreeing with her. She finished, and he didn't speak for a little bit. There was worry in her eyes, and he wanted to get everything he was going to say as close to perfect as he could.

"You know, when I first saw you, and you were yelling at that jerk you were battling, I kiiiiind of thought you were mean. Then you slapped him. And I kind of thought you were crazy." He had lowered his eyes when he'd mentioned seeing her, because he didn't want to admit that he also kind of thought she was pretty. "But then I met you, and I saw how you treat your kids, and..." Jaima shrugged. "You're a nice person, and a good trainer."

He still didn't look up, until he could get the next part out. "I spent a lot of time helping raise my sisters. Since they were four. So sometimes I tend to do dumb things like..." There was no way out of it, he was blushing now. "I do like you, Mindy," he said, starting over. "I won't lie, I even think you're pretty, and..." He hated blushing. It made him feel hot and it was embarrassing. "Anyway, you're right. It's way too early to think about, you know... that. Relationships." He coughed, more to give himself time than for anything constructive. "Romance. But I do... find you attractive. So that's probably going to be there if we're to travel together. I mean, you're... I'm..." He nearly swore, but swallowed it down. "I won't be all googly eyed, or any more stupid than I am right now, but I might do something dumb like... I don't know, open a door for you or buy you a gift..."

He shook his head. At least that was over. "If you can handle that, I'd like to travel with you. Even if you... I mean, even if there wasn't any kind of attraction, I would like to, because you're good to your kids. So... yeah, if you still want me to, I want to."

He chuckled. "Man, this has been a weird day. I made a good friend, got some money and my old gear from my Mom, and I agreed to battle a guy named... um... Marmalade Johansson or something like that tomorrow after breakfast." He rolled his eyes. "I'm thinking of sleeping in tomorrow, what do you think?"

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

RpgBouncer
post Aug 8 2008, 10:47 PM
Post #35

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Jax peered out the window, it was dark, the street lamps were quite dim and it made Jax wonder if the crime rate was low around these parts or if this part of town needed a touch up. Everything else seemed fine, but the lights provided almost no light and they were sometimes even surpassed by the glow of the moon. Flash was asleep on his lap and his plate was sitting empty in front of him. Most of the trainers had gone to bed and the nurse was only allowing the five that were out now for a little while longer.

It wouldn't be fair to call her 'the nurse' because this one was different, this was the emergency night nurse, the one who would stay up all night and sleep all day in case the world ever needed her. Apparently she was used to being bored as she had kicked back and was reading a magazine with her Shinx laying beneath her. A bit weird Jax thought, a nurse with a shinx. In all the places he's been he's seen Chanseys and Blisseys. He leaned back in his chair as another trainer left the room. He had been out here for three hours and questioned everyone in the room.

He took the pink ball out of his bag and fumbled with it. He did manage to find out where they went. They were several towns over by now, apparently they left do to a conflict with a third party and didn't feel safe here. Peculiar though seeing as this place was serene and clear. He felt perfectly safe. This pokemon had to be returned, they must be worrying about it. How could someone forget something so dear though? Maybe the pokemon was left here on purpose. Maybe this is what the third party was after. He shook the thoughts from his head and put a hand on his pikachu's head, the yellow mouse responded with a sigh of content.

Tomorrow morning he was going to work on Flash's secret move, this would be his first time using it without help from his dad's Light Ball. If this works out he would have a more than powerful pokemon on his team. This move could win tournaments for him. "Remember, this move will significantly hurt the pikachu if he doesn't have proper training. I don't want Flash to use this in battles until he has absolutely mastered it without help from the light ball." his father's words made his way back into his memory. In his battle with the girl from earlier he was charging for this move, but decided against using it at the last second.

He lifted up Flash and put him on the table and put the Snubbull's pokeball into his pocket. He was considering training this pokemon, but judging from the effort put into the ball and the bow on it's head, he figured it wasn't intended for battle. He picked up his plate and set it on the counter and made his way back to the table, the second to last trainer had left for bed, leaving Jax, Flash, the nurse, and the mysterious trainer left in the room. The trainer was leaning back in his chair looking out the window as if he was entranced by the darkness.

Jax veered direction from his table to the chair next to the trainer. Before he could sit down the trainer spoke to him. "I want to meet that trainer... however she doesn't exist." The trainer kept his smile and didn't change direction of his eyes. He was very content with the dim lights and the shimmering ocean. "I don't think I got around to speaking to you," Jax said uncomfortably as he sat down next to him. The man started to speak again, "Why are you traveling?" Jax looked at him wearily "Um, because I want to become the champion of this land then open up my own gym like my father." The man kept his smile and gaze unbroken by the shaky trainer. "Why are you nervous? You seemed pretty confident when you were speaking to everyone earlier." The man shifted his gaze towards Jax. "Do I make you nervous?"

He didn't want to admit it, but yes, this man made him very nervous. Jax looked towards his feet, he had lost his cool and started to sweat. "It's fine, I get that a lot." The man stood up and grabbed his jacket. "Acting like that you won't make it very far as a gym leader. It's alright to feel fear, but don't be ashamed, embrace it." The man smiled as his jacket slipped on. "I'll be leaving now." As he opened the door he stopped and looked back at Jax. "You know the night is very interesting, it brings out a person's fears. It forces a person to face what they don't want to. The darkness washes away impurities and shows a person's true qualities. This is only true for people, we live in the light. A pokemon doesn't adibe by the rules set by humans. A pokemon obeys the laws of nature. A pokemon will abide by human rules if it loves the human. A strong bond is required for a pokemon to become truly strong. You can't force strength, you can only encourage it." The man tipped his hat and walked out the door.

Finally Jax could stop holding his breath, that man had a very strange and powerful presence. Something eerie and not quite right. His hands were damp and his head was drenched in sweat. He tried to get up, but his legs were shaking, he decided he would rest in the chair for a while and look out at the ocean. As it did the man who was sitting beside him earlier it was calming him. He took a deep breath and stood up he was fine but still a little confused. He looked over to the nurse who was smiling at him, she motioned for him to sit down. He obeyed and she walked over to sit beside him.

"Who was that guy?" Jax said shakily. The nurse stopped smiling and looked to the ocean then returned to him, "He was a trainer like you are now. He comes by here often, he lives alone now but he used to have a wife and the two would come down here often. She would watch him train his pokemon and he would help her home every night. She was very sick, he was the only thing that would make her happy. They were both pretty happy. After she... passed away he left town to become a great trainer. He came back a year later." She stopped. "What else?" Jax was interested and wanted to hear more. The nurse smiled at his excitement and continued, "Apparently he wasn't successful, he came back because... well... he never told anybody why. We do know that when he returned he didn't have any pokemon. And he was surprisingly depressed, it was distressing to see him so depressed. He was such a happy man before his journey. He hasn't had a pokemon since, he just likes to come here during the night and watch the ocean. He also likes to talk to young trainers. You know he only recently started smiling. It's because of trainers such as yourself and others that he started smiling again."

Jax regained his ground and smiled again, "He seems so scary, why did I turn to jelly around him?" The nurse turned her attention off the ocean and glanced back at him. "He gets that a lot," she smiled at him "It's a champions aura, at least that's what I nicknamed it. Whenever a trainer such as yourself speaks to someone so experienced and intelligent as him. They start to feel the experience leak off onto them. Such a heavy amount of energy frightens an inexperienced mind and they start to panic. It's something only a trainer can experience I guess." Jax frowned at her. She looked back reassuringly, "I'm serious. The other nurses and I don't feel anything when we speak to him, but other trainers have the same experience as you just did. Now go to bed."

Jas nodded at her and stood up thinking about what the man said earlier. He grabbed Flash and made it back to his room. After tucking in his pikachu he fell asleep instantly as his head hit the pillow. Tomorrow was going to be a big day for Flash.

((Sorry about such a long post. I apologize if there are any mistakes. I looked over it when I was done typing and decided I was to lazy to proofread.))

This post has been edited by RpgBouncer: Aug 8 2008, 10:49 PM
+Quote Post

The Rose Crusade...
post Aug 9 2008, 03:41 PM
Post #36

Group Icon

Melinda Rose

Melinda smiled. It was far too obvious that he liked her. "You treat your 'kids' well to. I think travelling together is a good plan. I'm not saying being nice to me is a bad thing either, but don't worry, I understand what you mean...Just don't do it to much." she stated with a grin. Mindy was already tired and the shock of exhaustion hit her when she took a nice long yawn. "Yea, sleeping in sounds like a good idea. You have a battle you say? I wish I could watch it, but I've got plans for tomorrow. she said, her head turning back to Feebas. "See ya in the morning!" she said cheerfully with her face back to looking at Jaima. She climbed onto her bed and got under the covers with her pokemon. They were all in a deep slumber. Melinda embraced them gently, just to make them know that she was there. What a day it had been. Over the course of it, she had caught a pokemon, and made a new friend. Sure she had made some adversaries along the way, but all in all, it had truly been a wonderful day.

This post has been edited by Birdknight: Aug 10 2008, 08:18 PM

--------------------

Gym (click to show)
Badges (click to show)

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Aug 9 2008, 05:51 PM
Post #37

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Jaima couldn't help but smile as he lay down abd closed his eyes. Ember and Grondir remained on the floor, with Fang curled at his feet and Shadow behind his knees. Before long the room was filled with the heavy, slow breathing of sleeping trainers and pokemon.

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

The Rose Crusade...
post Aug 10 2008, 08:29 PM
Post #38

Group Icon

Melinda Rose

Melinda awoke to the sun shining through the shades of the bedroom. Taillow, Combee and Feebas were all still sleeping when she first awoke. Mindy looked over at the clock. it said 11:00 A.M. in a bright green light. She silently got up from the bed, and went into the bathroom to change her clothes. She put on an new pair of black jeans. Today however, she was going to wear a yellow tank top. She clipped on her trainer belt and exited the bathroom. They were all still asleep. Her eyes went onto Jaima's side of the room where she found him and his pokemon resting from the long day they had yesterday. She turned the room's door's handle and quietly exited the room, trying her best not to wake anyone up.

Melinda then proceeded down the hall to the mail room. There were various packages there, all different colors, shapes, and sizes. Among them was a package that was covered in the Pretty Peck of Flowers Shop's wrapping paper. On a card attached to it was the name "Melinda". She smiled and was content that the package had arrived only a few hours later. She picked it up and brought it with her on her way to the cafeteria to have some brunch. Most of the trainers that had stayed at the pokemon center the previous night had arrived on the boat earlier that day. They had all been young and eager beginning trainers, and got an early start to the day. She was the only one that was in the cafeteria. The food wasn't hot, more room temperature. It had been sitting for hours. She sat down at a booth and ate her lunch in silence, thinking about what she was going to accomplish today.

This post has been edited by The Rose Crusader: Aug 19 2008, 05:34 PM

--------------------

Gym (click to show)
Badges (click to show)

+Quote Post

Lemonade
post Aug 10 2008, 09:12 PM
Post #39

Group Icon

Active Squad

Lemonade's eyes shot open, I'm battling that kid today! Lemonade thought the second he woke up, then he noticed he never got "that kid"'s name. Whatever, his name doesn't matter, the only thing that does is that he can battle. Then he got up, opened up his green backpack, pulled out his clothes and changed from his PJs into a bright yellow shirt with a dark green jacket and jeans. He went into the bathroom to make sure his hair was as curly as ever and went over to wake up Rosie and Ratty. Lemonade looked over at the side table and saw the ball that contained the Zubat was still there. He picked it up and as he was going out the door he saw that Jax was still asleep. I wonder how late he was up? I guess I'll just ask him when he comes down to break fast.

▲Down in the Pokecenter Lobby▲
"What!? Azure won't be healed until lunch?" Lemonade said to the Nurse when before he ate.

"It was a wild Pokemon just a little bit ago and it looks like it had been in a pretty bad battle before you caught it." the nurse told him as she was taking the Zubat's ball.

Dang, I was hoping on using Azure in today's battle. Lemonade thought as he was getting some hotcakes. He saw quite a few people eating hurriedly, wanting to catch the boat leaving Barley today. Lemonade was eating breakfast quickly too, but for a different reason, to be at the park earlier than "that kid". He was planning on training on some pokemon that came through the park. Done! Lemonade thought as he was running to put his dishes away, Now, to hurry to the park.

▲At Barley Park▲
Lemonade had already defeated two Taillow, two Bidoof, one Caterpie and a Wingull. "Dang this is boring," Lemonade said to Rosie, "When is that kid going to show?" Right as he said that "that kid" came running to the park. Finally, it took him long enough.

--------------------

My Lucario

+Quote Post

RpgBouncer
post Aug 10 2008, 10:07 PM
Post #40

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

"And then I awoke." Jax sat up in bed, narrating his actions towards his pokemon that had been up for a while. "Jax slowly eased his way out of bed, eyes weary and bleak. Though he was tired, he was still the most attractive man on earth." Jax laughed softly to himself as he slipped his bandanna on his head. He pulled out his father's old gym badge and kissed it for luck. "Today is going to be a good day Flash!" Jax jumped out of bed with only his boxers on and grabbed his pikachu and hugged him close. The pikachu gave out a soft shock and crawled up onto his shoulders.

Jax slipped on all his clothes and pinned his "badge" and his father's badge to his bandanna. "So Flash, that pokemon that will be joining us on our journey to become the best. She needs a nickname!" Flash was in a good mood today and he sat on Jax's head and went into deep thought mirroring his trainer's actions. Suddenly Flash shocked his trainer. "That's it buddy! We're the best combo ever! Her nickname shall be Princess!" Jax announced and put the pink pokeball on his belt. "Does this pokeball make me look fat?" Jax laughed as his pikachu slipped ahead of him out of the door. "Hmmm, I wonder where Lemonade went..."

Jax slipped in between the two girls from the other night, "Well ladies thanks for saving my seat for breakfast." The girls stood up and one of them spilled a drink on him. "Oops? Did I do that? Sorry but we're leaving." The girls giggled to each other. Jax frowned and looked down at his lap, "Someone is going to have to lick this up... good orange juice is hard to come by." This comment was replied to by two swift slaps to either side of his face. A few laughs were had from the other side of the room. "Let's find that girl from the other day, we still have her share of the performance money." Jax stood up and brushed as much of the drink off then left to find her.
+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:55 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.