Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
If they could add another type..., What new pokemon type would you add?
Fantasyfreak789
post Feb 24 2011, 10:26 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 117 678

Dark Trainer Chey

I was just curious if people ever thought about if they should make other types of pokemon.

It could be a major type(water, grass, fire)
or
It could be a minor type(ice, bug, ground)

Whatever you think of!

FOR EXAMPLE:

I would add a Light type, to offset the Dark type.

you could do moves like Bright Light, Shining Star, or Shine. :P

I would definately make a Light type Eevee evolution: Dazzleon

--------------------
Just a freak of the fantasies...

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

daniff
post Feb 25 2011, 06:40 AM
Post #2

not really a dog
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 244

Active Squad

hmmmm...
i can't really think noes.gif
it can't see a new type fitting in noes.gif
maybe an artifical type noes.gif but i guess thye could fit into normal, steel, eclectic and normal

--------------------
plz click my little girls

and yes the pink one is shiny grin.gif crazy.gif
and yes i did just realise it was shiny
and no i haven't only just got it
+Quote Post

Chipou
post Feb 27 2011, 11:04 AM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 126 253

Active Squad

light wouldnt be the offset of dark, dark is mostly cheap shots and trickery, not evilness...(although it is the evil type in japan unimpressed.gif )

i cant really think of a new type seeing as they got them all covered and everything is pretty solid.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Dazmi
post Feb 27 2011, 11:55 AM
Post #4

Veteran
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 2 482

Active Squad

I dunno. Subnormal? Abnormal?

--------------------
+Quote Post

Shinzu
post Feb 27 2011, 01:54 PM
Post #5

Giratina, Regigigas, and Hypno <3
Group Icon

Member No.: 41 210

The Favs

An Alien type? XD
Lunar?

--------------------

Pictures and links! (click to show)

Hypno! (click to show)

Credits- Thank you guys! <3 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Fantasyfreak789
post Feb 27 2011, 11:53 PM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Dark Trainer Chey

lunar or moon is pretty cool.

--------------------

+Quote Post

ShrapnelStars
post Feb 28 2011, 12:03 AM
Post #7

Well, I wish I'd wished you well
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 143

Let Us In

Personally, I'd split Magic/Dream off from Psychic and let it be it's own type. I'd also like Sound/Sonic to be a type. As I think a bit more, I'd almost like Wind to be split from Flying, but that's deeper into hairsplitting territory.

This post has been edited by Blak99Psy: Feb 28 2011, 12:05 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

BarkingChaos
post Feb 28 2011, 12:05 AM
Post #8

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 112 100

Sandshrew Army

Uh...I dunno. We've got steel, how about plastic? XD

In all seriousness, I dont think there is anything else that would make a logical typing. Everything is pretty much covered
+Quote Post

Fantasyfreak789
post Feb 28 2011, 12:19 AM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Dark Trainer Chey

Maybe an undead type? that would actually be very creepy.

Moves: Soul Eater, Bone Spear, Dissembody(did i spell that right?)

o.o

I like the dream idea. Plastic would be really funny!

Dream moves: (change Nightmare to dream), Drool....

Plastic moves: Bad Smell, Inanimate, Shatter...

Lunar moves: Tsunami, Glow, Crater...

--------------------

+Quote Post

pikachukick900
post Feb 28 2011, 11:27 AM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 125 410

Active Squad

I think I'd add a light type, and change Wish and Flash to that.
+Quote Post

Lwaxana Troi
post Feb 28 2011, 12:40 PM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 304

Prehistoric Gym

Light type, no matter how attractive theoretically, would be redundant with Grass (energy ball, solar beam etc.) and Psychic types (counterpart to Umbreon is Espeon and so on).
A type I'd go with is Virtual, for more computer-like Pokemon - with possibly new feature of the generation that introduces it being some kind of "Virtual World" that's the only place that lets you capture Porygon and virtual pokes in the wild, and introduces a variety of other features.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Carefactorzero
post Feb 28 2011, 03:30 PM
Post #12

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 837

Active Squad

There are many interesting possibilities -- but there's no point adding anything else that may upset the balance the 17 current types already provide.

If I was to make a change, however, I'd make poison super-effective against water. Poison = contaminated water; I'm surprised the makers didn't think of that before...
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Feb 28 2011, 03:43 PM
Post #13

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

Hm... personally, if I could make a type of Pokémon, I'd possibly make a Lunar/Solar type >.>

Although, a more in-depth approach to a certain type would be interesting too...

This post has been edited by Axew: Feb 28 2011, 03:44 PM

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Stratospheric Co...
post Feb 28 2011, 04:20 PM
Post #14

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: Restricted
Member No.: 107 360

Active Squad

Solar type, although it would make no sense since there's already a fire type.
+Quote Post

cinnamonClove
post Feb 28 2011, 04:35 PM
Post #15

Sugar & Spice
Group Icon

Member No.: 131 538

Cuddley Wuddley

Light Type = Fighting Type

Seriously, Dark type is supposed to mean like "dirty fighting" or "evil" not necessarily darkness itself.
This is why Fighting is super-effective.

o u o

(Oh and, I can't think of any good new types myself >_>)

--------------------
+Quote Post

Chipou
post Feb 28 2011, 08:35 PM
Post #16

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 126 253

Active Squad

QUOTE(Gambrinous Antiscian @ Feb 28 2011, 03:30 PM) *
If I was to make a change, however, I'd make poison super-effective against water. Poison = contaminated water; I'm surprised the makers didn't think of that before...

or water diludes it and micro organisms remove it. in all seriousness, poison would be better super effective against fighting due to their increased circulation

--------------------

+Quote Post

FlameChocobo
post Mar 16 2011, 10:19 AM
Post #17

The Maple Story Player
Group Icon

Member No.: 22 874

Showa Town Heroes

Pretty much Light Type. That should pretty much change the Chansey and Togepi family that kind of type.

Might be strong against Dark, Psychic, Electric, Fighting, and Dragon, and immune to Ghost types (there should be a move that makes Light weak to Dark and Ghost), but weak to Grass, and Bug types (Can't have a type that has no weakness). Can deal more damage to Ghost (since Ghost type is undead, the healing move should hurt them), and Dark types, but not very effective against Psychic, Fire, Grass, Ground, and Steel types.

--------------------

Pokemon Platinum Team, FC, and moar pokeyman! (click to show)
Others (click to show)
+Quote Post

Some Person
post Mar 17 2011, 05:20 AM
Post #18

Don't let me detain you...
Group Icon

Member No.: 127 207

Vetinari's Terriers

I think everything is pretty well covered, too, but if I had to add another one I'd go for a Virus type. Basically, a Pokemon that fights by possessing and corrupting others. Which would be pretty creepy, no?

--------------------
"The world spins on pain. I realised that if there is a supreme power, then it is our duty to become it's moral superior." -Lord Havelock Vetinari, Patrician of Ankh-Morpork

"The sentient may perceive and love the universe, but the universe may not perceive and love the sentient. The universe sees no distinction between the multitude of creatures and elements which comprise it. All are equal. None is favored. The universe, equipped with nothing but the materials and the power of creation, continues to create: something of this, something of that. It cannot control what it creates and it cannot, it seems, be controlled by its creations (though a few might deceive themselves otherwise). Those who curse the workings of the universe curse that which is deaf. Those who strike out at those workings fight that which is inviolate. Those who shake their fists, shake their fists at blind stars."- Michael Moorcock, author.
+Quote Post

Kazyx
post Mar 17 2011, 01:28 PM
Post #19

Veteran Kaz would like to battle!
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 227

ElecPsy Team

The types are fairly balanced right now, in terms of what's good against what. I personally think adding another type would potentially cause a shift in the balance of the types. However, there are a couple of types I find to be a bit OP'd (Overpowred for those who aren't quite sure what I meant).

They're Dragon and Steel.

Dragon only has two weaknesses, and while, yes, only hitting one type for SE (itself) it resists the "four" common starter types (Water, Grass, Fire and Electric if we include Pokemon Yellow) and it's only resisted by one type (Steel).

Now we look at Steel, who is the god of defense. Resisting 11 types, weak to only three relatively common types (Fire, Ground and Fighting) and being immune to a next-to-useless type in terms of offense that has one of the best status ailments in the game (Poison and it's Toxic attack). The only moves to hit Steel for neutral damage are Water and Electric. Mind you, the type is only good against two types offensively (Rock and Ice) and resisted by four types (Electric, Fire, Water and itself). It isn't meant for offensive uses anyway.

Then you have Dialga who is a combination of both of these types. The ultimate mixed Pokemon if you ask me. The best offensive capability and the best defensive capability. It's only weak to Ground and Fighting, immune to Poison, neutral to Fire, Ice and Dragon, and resistant to every other type.

Something needs to be able to hit this thing hard. Or any other future Steel/Dragon types.

Now, everyone would say "Oh we should make such and such a type that is good against both so it can die in one hit". However, I'd also like to point out Palkia, who, along with Kingdra, only have one weakness: Dragon. Now note, they are Toxic weak, so they can be stalled out, but they still are powerful.

Now, what we really need, is a type that can do some significant damage to Dragon types, AND resist their STAB attacks. Because if you can't resist a Dragon's attack (Dragon's have the highest BST average of all types) you're pretty much screwed. Now, whatever this type would be I'm unsure to be honest, but I feel it might balance the Dragon type some more.

While we're on the topic of types, the Bug type and the Poison type need to be amped up, and possibly given their strength back. Poison was good against Bug and vice-versa. Now, this would seem a bit weird for some people, but this is how it was in generation one and everyone got along fine just swell. Though, Bug only had like, one or two moves back then and they were pretty weak (see: Leech Life and String Shot). If Bug doesn't get its third strength back, then at least give Poison the option to hit Bug for SE, since they only hit one type for SE right now and that type has one of the shittiest weakness groups ever (Grass and its weaknesses to Fire, Ice, Flying, Bug and Poison). Grass is weak to three of the FIVE status ailments, so if they aren't killed by a move that can give the ailment, they'll be potentially struck by the ailment itself.

Now, mind you, this would mean stuff like Parasect and Leavanny would have a x4 weakness to the likes of Muk, which would be sad but at the same time hilarious, seeing as how nothing in the games is x4 weak to Muk's STAB moves. It would also give Pokemon such as Drapion and Garbodor some usage due to being able to hit more Pokemon for SE.

Long rant is long, I apologize.
So basically, what type they could add would have to be able to make Dragon not as powerful as it currently can be. As to what that type would be, I'm not sure. Maybe "Myth"? I don't know.

Myth would be an interesting type, and could bring in new Pokemon such as Griffins, Minotaurs, Centaurs, Harpies, Medusa-based creatures, and Cyclops to name a few.

--------------------
Click one of the images below to be directed to my profile on the shown website

+Quote Post

Lwaxana Troi
post Mar 18 2011, 07:17 AM
Post #20

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 304

Prehistoric Gym

I was through a similar thought process lately, Kazyx, and I decided Virtual would be the type to go - can be weak to Poison (because it's not used to our real bacteria and illnesses) and Normal (they're also too weirded out by just plain normality), and strong against Dragons (technology vs myth = technology) and Steel (through inhabiting and 'possessing' their steel armors), and possibly Ghosts (technology vs religion = technology, though to avoid bias, make them SE on each other).
"Mythical" Pokemon would be pretty much typed as Dragons or Psychics or sometimes Dark types (Grass/Dark Satyr, for example)

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:19 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.