Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
I Got Made! (You Wanna Make Me? Event Winners)
AregularFrankief...
post Sep 14 2018, 05:06 PM
Post #41

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 221 574

Active Squad

Congrats to Trixie, and congrats to everyone who placed in the top ranks as well!

I'll admit that I literally don't have any sort of personal relationship to the new Novelty either, but it's fairly cute.

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Esc
post Sep 14 2018, 05:07 PM
Post #42

Account Upgraded | Title Enabled
Group Icon

Member No.: 114 649

Active Squad

The concept is pretty cool! Congrats Trixie! I'm sure we'll see the novelty soon as well!

In any case, I wonder what the other prize will be for the other 9 hmm :thinking:

--------------------

Thnx Moonlit

Proud Member of the KotRt & Shiny Lovers Redux! & Blue Moons!

+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Sep 14 2018, 05:09 PM
Post #43

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Member No.: 221 574

Active Squad

QUOTE(Esc @ Sep 14 2018, 03:07 PM) *
The concept is pretty cool! Congrats Trixie! I'm sure we'll see the novelty soon as well!

In any case, I wonder what the other prize will be for the other 9 hmm :thinking:

Maybe it'll be a first-access pass at one of the missing UB's or something? IDK.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Rabies Girl
post Sep 14 2018, 05:54 PM
Post #44

Pokemon Breeder
Group Icon

Member No.: 69 572

My unexpected SS team

I am legit absolutely content with the shiny legend voucher. My fave legend is shiny mew and having to wait for the month I can try for it...and maybe get a shiny (most likely not) was painful... I entered just about every contest since the site opened (er a couple months after it opened anyway) hoping to get a shiny legend voucher ;A; (not even wanting first place for arceus in some of the early contests before you could do the exploration) I can't imagine getting anything else from this, but will gladly accept it X3

I completely forgot to say thank you to everyone who voted for my design! I was actually hoping if I lost it would be to the bubble Altaria who was super cute and I voted for every time XD

--------------------
Deviantart

Must hatch/level up! crazy.gif
+Quote Post

Sealeo
post Sep 14 2018, 07:05 PM
Post #45

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 111 217

Active Squad

So do the five of us who got into the finals but not top 10 not get any kind of extra prize? That's.... a bit disappointing, to say the least. Especially considering the top 10 are getting something extra too. But maybe I'm just being salty

Congrats to the winner though psyduck.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Natsume Reiko
post Sep 14 2018, 08:01 PM
Post #46

Smiting Fundamentalists since the 1980's.
Group Icon

Member No.: 43 334

Active Squad

QUOTE(Sealeo @ Sep 14 2018, 08:05 PM) *
So do the five of us who got into the finals but not top 10 not get any kind of extra prize? That's.... a bit disappointing, to say the least. Especially considering the top 10 are getting something extra too. But maybe I'm just being salty

Congrats to the winner though psyduck.gif

Note: Before Nick thinks I'm being a salty crab. I'm not. This is just an explanation on how the contest breakdown was played out. Idgaf about the prizes. I like my Eevee, though she's a pain to breed. :P

The voting was for top 5 popular vote and the others top 5 staff pick (You see some entries in there that didn't make popular vote semi-finals for example). Meaning all the other semi-finalists winning popular vote up to that point doesn't hold bearing. It's a weird system breakdown from the typical ones you'll see in normal contests. There were 15 semi-finalists. So it'd be 7 semi-finalists that didn't make the cut for popular or staff and are treated as regular entries that didn't make the 1st or 2nd round of the popular voting rounds to begin with.

Top 5 Finalist Popular Vote:

Vanillishake
Cosmic Altaria
Celestial Altaria
Platypus Psyduck
Melonait

Staff Picks:

Zhenyin (Non Semi-Finalist)
Simock
Cosmic Altaria
Sundae Altaria
PsyGronk (Non Semi-Finalist)

Zhenyin is one such entry that didn't make the popular vote round to the semi-finals and the winning entry didn't make it past the 1st set of Popular Votes if I recall.

Excerpt of the Final Round Thread:

Darth Krytie will choose a winner from 10 designs:
- The top 5 from this round of voting;
- Another 5 concepts picked from all other entries by staff (DK will not participate in picking these 5).

The start of the contest did say that only the Top 5 popular and Staff picks would be in the consideration for a novelty at DK's choice. That was pretty much it. As for prizes, that's up to the staff discretion. If they wanna throw in another surprise to the 'top 10' according to the current system then so be it.

This post has been edited by Natsume Reiko: Sep 14 2018, 08:01 PM

--------------------
~~~~Credit goes to Commander Wymsy.

Important info about myself (click to show)
+Quote Post

Sportsfan666
post Sep 14 2018, 08:08 PM
Post #47

It's been awhile since I changed this.
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 506

Active Squad

Is the winner supposed to be a C.T.E. / concussion reference? Kinda morbid, tbh.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Esc
post Sep 14 2018, 09:37 PM
Post #48

Group Icon

Active Squad

well i got an extra present as a I got a shiny eevee heart happy.gif

--------------------

Thnx Moonlit

+Quote Post

Natsume Reiko
post Sep 14 2018, 09:38 PM
Post #49

Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Esc @ Sep 14 2018, 10:37 PM) *
well i got an extra present as a I got a shiny eevee heart happy.gif

Grats! I'm hunting mine now.

--------------------

+Quote Post

festivalfriday
post Sep 18 2018, 12:06 AM
Post #50

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 255 101

Active Squad

oh my sorry for the late reply, congrats to trixie for winning the contest!! and thank you for everyone who enjoyed my sundae altaria, i didnt expect to get into the top 10 so it means a lot ^^
+Quote Post

Mamanator
post Sep 18 2018, 05:14 PM
Post #51

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 870

Active Squad

If it doesn't blow any super secret surprise, can one of the top 10 winners tell us about this Heart Voucher? Like... what does it do? I see someone got a shiny Eevee heart... but what does that mean?

As for the sports angle I really don't have a dog in many sports' battles. I like what DK said the Psygronk would be dressed as and I think that's cool! I don't know what NEP is but it sounds like trixie added that personal touch to the Psyduck novelty to score the goal. I'm just looking forward to its release and, if it comes as a SWSH prize... I'm in jeopardy of a fumble for sure. laughing.gif Get it? Fumble? lol.gif 'K. I'll stop. I think I'm just cracking myself up. blink.gif

In any event... I told my youngest about this contest and I told her that I'm going to FORCE her return to GPX for the next novelty / drawing contest. She was also very impressed with many of the submissions. So whatever that 3rd prize is that you all get... enjoy and relish it. (If I haven't said this before...) you've all earned and deserve it!

*grabs a green M&M*

--------------------
Their futures are so bright they shine

+Quote Post

Esc
post Sep 18 2018, 09:34 PM
Post #52

Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Mamanator @ Sep 18 2018, 06:14 PM) *
If it doesn't blow any super secret surprise, can one of the top 10 winners tell us about this Heart Voucher? Like... what does it do? I see someone got a shiny Eevee heart... but what does that mean?

As for the sports angle I really don't have a dog in many sports' battles. I like what DK said the Psygronk would be dressed as and I think that's cool! I don't know what NEP is but it sounds like trixie added that personal touch to the Psyduck novelty to score the goal. I'm just looking forward to its release and, if it comes as a SWSH prize... I'm in jeopardy of a fumble for sure. laughing.gif Get it? Fumble? lol.gif 'K. I'll stop. I think I'm just cracking myself up. blink.gif

In any event... I told my youngest about this contest and I told her that I'm going to FORCE her return to GPX for the next novelty / drawing contest. She was also very impressed with many of the submissions. So whatever that 3rd prize is that you all get... enjoy and relish it. (If I haven't said this before...) you've all earned and deserve it!

*grabs a green M&M*

It's just a novelty. Probably for the upcoming Let's Go Eevee game coming.

--------------------

Thnx Moonlit

+Quote Post

Mamanator
post Sep 18 2018, 09:48 PM
Post #53

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Esc @ Sep 18 2018, 07:34 PM) *

Oh. So it's a voucher to get a novelty-like Eevee? (sorry for my denseness; I'm just coming up blank atm)

--------------------

+Quote Post

Esc
post Sep 18 2018, 09:55 PM
Post #54

Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Mamanator @ Sep 18 2018, 10:48 PM) *
QUOTE(Esc @ Sep 18 2018, 07:34 PM) *

Oh. So it's a voucher to get a novelty-like Eevee? (sorry for my denseness; I'm just coming up blank atm)

yup. Looks exactly like eevee, just has a different stance. Its in my shiny box if you wanna take a look.

--------------------

Thnx Moonlit

+Quote Post

Mamanator
post Sep 18 2018, 10:13 PM
Post #55

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Esc @ Sep 18 2018, 07:55 PM) *
yup. Looks exactly like eevee, just has a different stance. Its in my shiny box if you wanna take a look.

Kudos! You've got a lot of shinies!!! So... think you could narrow down where to look? blush.gif I was surprised when I saw you weren't on my friends list. I think I'll remove an inactive person and add you in their place. *smirk*

--------------------

+Quote Post

Esc
post Sep 18 2018, 10:20 PM
Post #56

Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Mamanator @ Sep 18 2018, 11:13 PM) *
QUOTE(Esc @ Sep 18 2018, 07:55 PM) *

Kudos! You've got a lot of shinies!!! So... think you could narrow down where to look? blush.gif I was surprised when I saw you weren't on my friends list. I think I'll remove an inactive person and add you in their place. *smirk*

very last shiny box (:

--------------------

Thnx Moonlit

+Quote Post

Mamanator
post Sep 18 2018, 10:51 PM
Post #57

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Esc @ Sep 18 2018, 08:20 PM) *
very last shiny box (:

K. I think I might've seen it... unless it's an Eevee you obtained recently? I was expecting to see a 2018 Eevee. blush.gif But I saw the shiny Eevee I have and their poses are different.

*EDIT*
Thanks for sharing the Pokemon with me, Esc. It is so darn adorable!!! love.gif eevee.gif love.gif I look forward to when the heart voucher becomes available for purchase to us all. happy.gif

This post has been edited by Mamanator: Sep 18 2018, 11:25 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Darth Krytie
post Sep 19 2018, 12:02 AM
Post #58

This one does not have time for your solid waste excretions.
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 22 312

Team Awesomecakes

QUOTE(Faust @ Sep 14 2018, 11:35 AM) *
Congrats to the winner and the Top 9!

I get that it's American Football related, but I'm not American so I don't really "get" it. Maybe next time we'll get something more neutral and relatable to more of us non-US folks.

99 percent of novelties are neutral. This one was being specifically designed to be an avatar for me as Zergoose was for Nick, Bidofo was for Jeff and DracoWymsy was for Wymsy. That is why it wasn't just some random novelty and one that represented me.

--------------------

Please use the Help Page and appropriate Help Forum instead of PMing me. Only PM if it's something you need me or an Admin for specifically.
+Quote Post

Natsume Reiko
post Sep 19 2018, 06:54 PM
Post #59

Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Darth Krytie @ Sep 19 2018, 01:02 AM) *
QUOTE(Faust @ Sep 14 2018, 11:35 AM) *
Congrats to the winner and the Top 9!

I get that it's American Football related, but I'm not American so I don't really "get" it. Maybe next time we'll get something more neutral and relatable to more of us non-US folks.

99 percent of novelties are neutral. This one was being specifically designed to be an avatar for me as Zergoose was for Nick, Bidofo was for Jeff and DracoWymsy was for Wymsy. That is why it wasn't just some random novelty and one that represented me.

Explanation post, I'm not being an arsehead.

I think they (Mamanator) meant about neutral- was in reference with the rest of the world not knowing anything about American Football.

It's a sport that's very isolated to a couple countries at best US/Canada (2nd tier amateur teams). China's flirting with it but ultimately won't make the dive into the sport because it disadvantages them despite the NFL's attempts at trying.

Generally if it's not a regular sport seen in the Olympics then it's biased only to a specific country or set of countries. It's like making a rugby reference in the US, which American's won't have a foggiest clue what the sport is for example. Rugby for example stopped showcasing in 1924 and only briefly made a Summer 2016 Olympics reappearance. American Football won't because not enough countries have teams established, not that they will, when Football (Soccer) is the invested sport. Hence the World Cup for soccer and not American Football, ect.

Now Soccer/Football as the rest of the world calls it is a 'neutral' sport because everybody knows what it is and everybody has established teams that participate in the World Cup. And everybody knows what it is even if they're not sports fan.

GPX has players all over the globe and the majority of them may understand English, but that doesn't mean that they'll understand anything about American Football so any reference to that goes completely over their heads. Hence the view of the novelty as being biased since only US/Canadians and those who are intimately knowledgeable about US culture and American Football would understand it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

lunio
post Sep 20 2018, 02:49 PM
Post #60

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 335

dream team

I really like Psygronk! It makes me imagine a psyduck wandered its way into that stadium in Black/White and dressed up like the linebacker trainers.

Also I never thought the SWSH theme would be connected to this contest, but its really clever how you all did that, i love the little graphic you made.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:00 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.