Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Getting the Metalliclaws Out!
Living Arrow
post Oct 12 2009, 04:41 PM
Post #41

Team Rogue: Pidgeotto
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 814

PANE: Darryn Kellor

"Beedrill and Electabuzz, return." The goon facing Darryn muttered as his fallen Pokemon were called back to their balls with a flash. Darryn smirked shook his head with pity as the fool moved away to gather with his drunken friends who were not faring well with their own battles.

Romeo and India rejoined Darryn quickly, the Butterfree settling on the back of his head while the now spritely Jolteon patted at Darryn's waist with his forelegs in the attempt to stand erect. The trainer soothed him with a fond scratching of the ears but he real attention was focused elsewhere.

*She’s not keeping up with the others anymore…* Darryn lifted a finger over his head to let his Butterfree chew at it nervously. *Is it because I let her go to Sinnoh for so long?... No… That’s not it. She’s never really been as forthcoming with her battling as Bravo or Romeo. And She’s never had the stamina to get back on her feet again and again like Zulu. Am I doing the right thing by asking her to battle?*

“Darryn?” Meiko urged him to move over to where their friends were waiting along with Joy, Jenny and the brat. Darryn tore himself from his momentary lapse in concentration and held up his Pokeballs to recall India and Romeo before offering his defeated opponent a derisive snort and frown.

*India simply doesn’t have it in her to battle like the other Pokemon. In all of her battles, she’s never won a match cleanly on her own – she always needs support… She’s not alone though. November still hasn’t won a battle either. She gives it her all but the power simply isn’t there… Even so, their precision is only second to Lady’s and their beauty treatments have worked wonders…*

“What’s got you?” Meiko asked as she quickly checked over her Sandshrew who was more interested in sniffing Darryn’s shoes before recalling him and fussing over her sturdy Heracross, Ramhorn. “You look like someone’s hit you with a wet Goldeen.”

“I dunno,” Darryn admitted with a shrug, “I think I might be reading too much into it but I don’t think I can let my Butterfree stay with me if I’m just going to make her battle like that again.”

“Huh? But India fought really well, didn’t she?”

“Yeah, she did, but she doesn’t enjoy it. Not in the same way she enjoyed dancing for the Appeals round in that Contest. And, I think I’m right when I say November isn’t suited for battling, either. Not like India though. November wants to battle but she spends too much time worrying over her looks to really put her true focus on her opponent.” Darryn shrugged and sighed. “I don’t know what to do with them if they are gonna be that way.”

Meiko snorted. “You don’t? It sounds like you’ve worked it out to me.”

“I have?”

“Uh, yeah? You’ve basically just summarised the characteristics of two Pokemon that are perfectly suited to Appeals performances. Why not only train them for those parts of Contests while your other Pokemon focus on the battling portion?” Meiko rolled her eyes. “I mean, seriously Darryn! You did all the work in your own head but missed wirting out the answer!”

“I suppose so!” Darryn half laughed, rubbing at the back of his head with embarrassment. “Then that means I have two categories of Pokemon. Appeals and Battles contestants. And now I know that, I can really pull together all of my skills for the next Contest… I guess that means it’s November’s turn to Appeal at the next Hall!”

“That wasn’t so hard, was it?” Meiko stuck her tongue out playfully and recalled her Heracross, both of them joining Jaima and Tuesday who were cleaning up their own squad.

--------------------
Darryn Kellor ~ ~ PANE Moderator ~ ~ Lori Pardare
PANE Characters (click to show)
LA's Plays (click to show)

Unovalocke (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Oct 13 2009, 09:35 PM
Post #42

Team Rogue: Houndoom
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 804

Uprising Mod

Meiko shook her head, smiling at Darryn's back. As smart as he was, Darryn seemed to have problems seeing the logical ending so some things. She shook her head again, smiling fondly. Boys.

She looked up and saw Mercury struggling underneath a houndour. The kirlia's eyes were wide and terrified, however, Shadow's reaction was curious enough to keep Meiko from sending Ramhorn in to save the blue domes psychic: Shadow was kneeling next to the pair, grimacing and trying to remove the little pup without hurting him... her... it. Rather than attack either of them, the little pup simply struggled free and tackled Mercury again, bringing fresh squeals from Mercury and licks from the houndour. It was very odd, and incongruous with the abject terror on Mercury's face. Finally Shadow simply grabbed him by the nape of the neck and pulled him off. Shadow held firm and after a moment the houndour stopped struggling, hanging limp and whining plaintively at Mercury, who retreated as quickly as she could, looking at the dark type pokemon in fear that was neither endearing nor funny.

Meiko walked to Mercury, pulling out a handkerchief and wiping the drool off of her crest and face. The kirlia looked up at her with the most vulnerable and plaintive look Meiko had ever seen.

"You're frightened of them, aren't you?" Meiko's voice was gentle as she cleaned the kirlia. "Houndour, I mean."

It's... it's all dark types... I... I can't sense them. I can't feel where they are and what they want to do... The pokemon shuddered. It terrifies me. Meiko had never seen the kirlia so miserable. I'm so embarrassed.

Meiko nodded and gave a wipe on the crest with a small flourish. "I think you did remarkably well, Mercury, considering." She smiled, tilting the kirlia's chin up to look her in the face. "I know Jaima was proud of all three of you. That means," she said, when the kirlia looked dubious, "that he wasn't disappointed in you."

Mercury smiled a little bit, then tilted her head. So what is it that made you scared, she asked innocently.

Meiko bit her lip and looked into the kirlia's eyes, but said nothing and offered no mental access for Mercury to discover for herself, politely. Finally Mercury patted Meiko's knee and floated to Grondir, giving the ivysaur a hug.

She didn't need to look back to see that Meiko was bothered by the question.

Jenny watched as the girl she had been fighting scuttled backward, holding her arm. Every instinct in her body told her to chase Samira. She would be hard to track down again. Kay joined her, sending out empty threats, as usual, and both began to run away.

Order growled next to her, tense, but the growlithe wouldn't move unless Jenny gave the command. Next to him, Law looked on with an air of disdain, curling her tail around and around.

She knelt and stroked the fur of her two pokemon. "We'll get them some day."

Joy smiled as the group filed in, watching her cousins gape. She, too, would have gaped, seeing a large group of trainers bringing in their pokemon, and a Nurse among them. Even so, she didn't regret her decision to stand with Jaima and his friends. They were good people. She was also happy to see Jenny join in.

Jaima sighed. All of his pokemon were with the nurse, and Meiko was talking to him, but for some reason he kept getting distracted by her eyes. Meiko, when she noticed, blushed and smiled. "Jaima, you need to hear this."

"No, I... I know what you're saying. I just... can't believe I didn't pick on on it."

"What do you mean," Meiko asked, her brow furrowing.

"When I fought the gym in Gigarte, Chloe used a dark type. Mercury was terrified... I thought it was because she was so young. I mean, she'd barely hatched, and she was still a ralts... barely speaking words, let alone like now..." Jay sighed, leaning back.

Meiko patted his knee. "And I bet you never fought a dark type after that, right?" She smiled encouragingly, and Jaima smiled a bit, feeling his cheeks heat up.

"Nah, I guess not. Still..." He opened his mouth, then closed it. "Still, I guess she'll work through it, and I wouldn't want her fighting a dark type alone anyway."

Meiko beamed at him, then looked over her shoulder. Tuesday was pacing a bit, as if being aart from her pokemon for this long was making her nervous.

"Did you make your choice," she muttered, careful to keep her words unheard by prying ears.

Jaima nodded. "Yeah, it's on its way. Do we want to do this now, or tomorrow when we leave?"

"Let's wait," Meiko said, narrowing her eyes. "Give a chance for the adrenaline to wear off."

Jaima nodded, then smirked. "Give a chance for Darryn to bask in his win, too, huh?"

Meiko grinned back at him, but said nothing. Neither of them noticed Reilly passing behind them, looking thoughtful.

--------------------
[align=center]Uprising Mod

||
Jaima Kuonji and Meiko Omura||Branwys Muphenz
[spoiler=Jaima's Gym Badges][/spoiler]
PANE

||
Jay Lange||Olivia Prewitt
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

:houndoom: I claim Houndoom! :houndoom: [/align]
+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Oct 14 2009, 12:45 AM
Post #43

Team Rogue: Espeon
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 443

Tuesday's Pack

Tuesday was antsy.

She had tried sitting down calmly and politely on one of the chairs, but she couldn't. Every time she managed, she'd feel like something was horribly wrong and she'd have to run to the counter to check with Nurse Joy to make sure her pokemon were all okay.

They were, of course. Nurse Joy was always patient with her, understanding, but Tuesday still felt bad about bugging her. Of course the nurse knew how to do her job. They were simply being thorough - nothing wrong with that.

Tuesday, however, chose not to relocate to a chair and instead opted to stand, which resulted in some minor pacing. Still, it was better than running across the lobby like a crazy person.

Not that you're entirely sane, Tib.

She looked back toward the counter where one Nurse Joy stood talking to a little boy. Glancing behind her, Tuesday saw another Nurse Joy (she was pretty sure it was the one that had battled with them) talking with Reilly. Actually, it almost looked like they were arguing, but Joy seemed more resigned than angry.

I wonder what that's about... Her thoughts were broken by the sudden arrival of a loud and obnoxious yawn. Ahhh... no. No yawning. She shook her head. I have to wait for Nurse Joy to finish taking care of everyone. Rubbing her eyes, she walked over to the wall and decided to try sitting in a chair again. It was, after all, more polite than standing or pacing in the middle of the lobby.

Within minutes and much to her waking-annoyance, she was asleep.

~*~

"Reilly-"

"I can handle it myself!" Reilly snapped at his sister.

Joy looked slightly taken aback, but then her eyes softened. "Reilly... don't take everything Father said to heart."

"It's not fair, Joy, and you'd know that, except that you like where you are. I want to be in your shoes, but the thing is, I'm not allowed to help pokemon."

"Anyone can help pokemon, Reilly."

"But I want to be a nurse," Reilly said firmly. "I want to be Nurse Reilly, and lead a pokemon center. But that's only for the girls in the family. No one cared to wonder what would happen if a boy was born in the Joy family. We don't have a purpose."

"Reilly-"

"Look, I can heal my own pokemon, contrary to the beliefs of my family." Reilly shoved past her with a scowl on his face, ignoring her sympathetic glance. "I'm not completely useless, you know," he muttered, before disappearing upstairs to find his room.

Joy sighed softly in defeat, though she couldn't really blame Reilly. He was the first boy born in their family in centuries. There really was no set place for him, but what he didn't realize was that he would be stronger than the rest of them because of that - because he had to find his own place in the world.

With a soft shake of the head and sad but hopeful smile, Joy turned at the sound of a soft ding! to retrieve young Miss Berdison's fully-healed pokemon. She would no doubt be less concerned with them back in her arms. Joy felt the same way about Reilly.

--------------------
[align=center]

UPRISING MODERATOR[/align]
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Oct 17 2009, 02:04 AM
Post #44

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Jaima sighed. It was a contented sigh. Darryn had made a showing that had surprised him and seemed to show him the path he should set himself on. Tuesday was happier than she'd been in a few days, and showing a lot more confidence, thanks in part to the strange, arrogant boy who brought out a side of Tuesday Jaima could only have guessed was there. Meiko...

Meiko. That was, more and more, all he needed to say. He was only just beginning to recognize that the girl in question brought out feelings that he hadn't had in... ever. Not even with Joy, who had been a wonderful companion after he'd lost Ember. The feelings she brought out, however, had been comforting, restful. Meiko was that as well sometimes, but Jaima felt...

He couldn't explain it. Sometimes, when she looked at him a certain way, or when he caught sight of her, his heart seemed to beat two times in the same beat. Other times, it was like drinking hot sake, which he'd done once at a new year's celebration. The feeling was similar, a warm sensation spreading from his stomach to his chest and through his whole body.

He just hoped the effects the next morning weren't the same as the sake. That would be bad.

Meiko glanced up from fussing at Precious, and smiled, a slow smile that accentuated the spreading redness in her cheeks. She bit her lip and glanced over his shoulder. The look on her face made him blink. It relaxed, her pleased smile turning to a fond one.

"Tue-chan is asleep in her chair, Jai-chan."

Jaima turned and looked, feeling his own face soften. There was Tuesday, slumped against the chair, arm stretched out over the armrest as if she'd tried to prop herself up and failed.

"We'd better take her to bed," Jaima said, hauling himself to his feet. Meiko rose as well.

"I'll see if her team is ready," she said, walking to the counter. Jaima crossed the room, gingerly lifting the girl, careful not to wake her. By the time he got her to his shoulder, Meiko had joined him with the tray holding Tuesday's pokemon. Together, they walked to the hallway where the rooms the four companions shared were found.

Meiko opened the door, and as she set the tray on the nightstand, Jaima lowered Tuesday to the bed. Meiko pulled the covers back before he'd gotten too far, and helped pull off her shoes. Jaima pushed hair out of her face, and Meiko gently lay the cover over her.

Meiko stepped back, and ended up standing close to Jaima, almost arm in arm. Together they looked down at the sleeping girl, who shifted a bit, then lay still. Smiling softly, they backed out of the room and gently closed the door.

Jaima smiled. "Thanks for helping me."

Meiko grinned. "No problem. I think I'll turn in. Big day."

Jaima agreed, and they stood together, looking at each other. Then Meiko blushed, giggling.

"Oh, right, that's my room, too!" She stepped back, opening the door quietly. After a moment's hesitation, she bid him good night and slipped in, closing the door behind her.

Jaima stood there, then, deciding she wouldn't come back out no matter how much he hoped, walked to his room and went to bed.

Not that he could sleep. And not that he minded that it was thoughts of her smiling face keeping him up.

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Oct 18 2009, 01:41 AM
Post #45

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

The tin tray sitting on the bedside table rattled with unexpected noise as one of the pokeballs resting on it shook lightly. The pokeball danced and rolled, until it hit the side of the tray and slipped over the edge, falling with a muffled thud onto the carpeted floor, where it flashed open and released its charge.

Ashleigh, the newly-caught houndour, shook out his fur as he gathered his footing. He raised his head, a long tongue rolling out of his mouth and slapping up across his nose, as he scanned the room. His pokeball was lying on the floor next to him, while the others were still silently sitting upon the tin tray. The bed behind him was occupied by the older girl who smelled like flowers, but it was the bed before him that was the one attracting him. She smelled like freshly-cut alfalfa and cinnamon, but it wasn't her scent that drew him to her.

She was kind. More kind than any human he had before encountered.

Years of living in a pack of houndour, scrounging for food and being bullied by his packmates had taught him not to trust those he was forced to be partnered with. This girl, however, was different. Despite the fact that he and Elise had attacked her, she had still gone out of her way and risked herself to protect him from harm by his superior. Though, who in that pack wasn't his superior? He was the omega - the lowest of the low. He was the only pup not born of Shalimn and Melitic, the alpha-male and alpha-female of the pack, and two of the three houndoom in the pack, now that Elise had evolved.

But he wasn't part of that pack anymore. He was the member of a team.

He sat down on his haunches, tilting his head to the side as he thought about this. It had crossed his mind before, of course, but he had never concentrated long enough on it for anything to truly sink in. He... he had a family now, and the girl seemed to like him. She was amused when he was licking the pretty blue doll, and she let him kiss her, too, licking her neck and chin with his long tongue. None of his packmates have ever wanted him to come near them. He was the omega, and not worth their time.

But this girl cared, and it was nice.

~*~

It was incredibly foggy, which was slightly disturbing, since she knew she was dreaming, and also knew that she didn't like fog.

That was usually the recipe for disaster.

"Sprinkle in a pinch of chaos and stir madly with a spork."

"Mi hermana." Tuesday twitched in surprise as Zorro came bounding out of the fog, dashing over to her and quickly making his way up onto her left shoulder. He crouched there, hugging her head. "Ya viene." He shivered. "Es malo."

Tuesday turned her head with some difficulty, glancing at the quivering Zorro. "What's bad, Zorro?" she asked, recalling the prefix mal from the word "malcontent," and "malnourished," and "malpractice."

"Es el mal, mi hermana. Debemos correr. Correr!"

He shook her lightly, tugging on her head, and Tuesday clenched her eyes shut, wincing. "Zorro, calm do-" she started, but stopped when she felt something to her right. She turned quickly, Zorro automatically forced to move with her, and faced the fog.

Within it, she could see the silhouette of some tall creature, and a pair of glowing red eyes. She took an involuntary step back, and heard a deep, cruel laugh. Sitting on her shoulder, Zorro whimpered softly.

"Ella se acerca."

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Oct 18 2009, 04:17 PM
Post #46

Group Icon

“Are you sure you’re doing the right thing?” Troy asked softly, watching patiently as Darryn rolled the Net Ball around in his palm. The brunette chewed his lip in thought, his gaze completely focused on the Pokeball and the Pokemon inside it.

“Yeah, I think so.” Darryn whispered back, gripping the orb tighter in his fist. Within the blue-green and white sphere rested one of his very first Pokemon. When she had been captured, the young Caterpie had been infected with an invasive fungus that had dried out her carapace and made it difficult for her to move freely. He had spent so much time on the bug-type’s affliction with the help of a rude Nurse Joy in Gigarte and, soon enough, she had evolved.
As a Metapod, Darryn’s Pokemon had improved in battle ability and its health made a substantial development. With a tough body to boost its defences, Metapod had been able to take harder hits in battle and yet she still found it hard to defeat opponents. In fact, Metapod had found it difficult to defeat any opponents without help from other members of the team.
It was during a fierce battle in Lenoilia that Metapod had evolved into her final form. While trying to protect Darryn, the bug type had grow into her magnificent Butterfree stage and learned beautiful attacks to save her trainer. Not long after, Darryn had sent her away to watch over his friend Mindy in Floaroma Town. He had given her the nickname ‘India’ as a testament to her exotic appearance and battle style and had brought her back to take part in his first Contest only because she was his only option. That might be the harsh truth of the matter but in the end, India’s skills and attacks had pulled through to claim Darryn the Appeals Round victory that he had needed to move on.

“You think so?” Troy frowned, softly gripping Darryn’s elbow in his palm. Those striking eyes searched Darryn’s face with worry and reassurance. “You need to be absolutely sure of this. India is an impressive Pokemon to have on side and her talents are excellent considering the small amount of training you said she has.”

“Yeah, I know.” Darryn smiled fondly at Troy and placed the Net Ball into the transporter. “But keeping her with me to battle against any old trainer won’t make her happy. She needs to fly free in a meadow like the ones in Floaroma Town and enjoy the sun on her wings. I know she is an amazing Appealer but she doesn’t like battling like my other Pokemon do. Maybe I’ll bring her out for an Appeals round in the future but until then, Mindy needs her more than I do.”

“So you’re sticking with Contests, then?” Troy grinned, a fresh light sparkling in his eyes.

“Absolutely.” Darryn couldn’t help but grin broadly back. “Let’s just say I’ve found my calling in this Pokemon World.”

“I’m glad.” Troy ran his hand down Darryn’s arm to entwine his fingers around Darryn’s own. “You were amazing today,” he grinned suggestively, “and you weren’t bad on that stage, either.”

Darryn blushed furiously and darted a glance around the Pokemon Center but no-one was paying them any attention. He squeezed Troy’s fingers and reached out with his other hand to push the [SEND] button on the transporter console. There was a dull ‘beep’ as the transfer began and the screen flickered to a map of the area, zooming out far before homing in on and zooming to Aroma Town where Midy’s Uncle Soney was waiting for the Butterfree’s Pokeball to arrive.
A crackling beam reached down from the transporter, encapsulated the Net Ball and sucked it up in a flash of white that dazzled the watchers’ eyes.

Darryn puffed out a long sigh and turned to find Troy handing him a small package wrapped in blue paper with a silver ribbon.

“I know you’re moving on now but I want you to take this with you so you don’t forget Arasam.” Troy said tenderly. “It’s not much but when you hold it I hope you think of me just like I’ll be thinking of you.”

Darryn’s cheeks sky-rocketed in temperature and his mid blush became a full Cherubi-red burn.

“I- but I- But I haven’t got you anything!” Darryn protested, trying to shove the gift back but Troy wouldn’t allow it.

“Whatevs, sexybum! That’s for you and I won’t hear another word about it! Just promise me you’ll open it when you’re out of Arasam, ‘kay?”

“Erm… I guess… OK.” Darryn resigned himself to the situation and slid the parcel into his backpack. “Thanks, Troy.”

“You, Darryn Kellor, are very welcome.” Troy reached up to push a stray lock of hair tenderly back and over Darryn’s ear.

They stood there for some time just gazing into each other’s eyes and smiling, their fingers still locked together at their hips. The world seemed to stand still as Darryn drank in the smell of the man before him, savouring every scent that he could before they would have to part ways. He fell into the icy water of Troy’s eyes and lost all sense of self until his counterpart snapped him out of it.

“I suppose this is goodbye for now then?” Troy brought up his other arm to wrap around Darryn and pull their bodies together. Darryn felt the heat under Troy’s shirt instantly and almost as quickly felt his heart beating right next to his own. Oddly, Troy’s was hammering a lot faster than his own – a surprise coming from someone who was so confident.
“I better leave you to go to bed and make your way tomorrow. I’d stay for your last night in Arasam but I don’t think your companion would appreciate that very much, huh?” They both giggled and squeezed each other tighter.
They parted slightly to look into each others eyes once more and, in a silent scream of pleasure, Darryn received a passionate kiss that blinded the sun and deafened the stars with its calamity. Perfection lingered on Darryn’s lips long after Troy released him and remained even after he had left the Pokemon Center altogether.

“Goodbye.” Darryn whispered to the empty space that Troy left behind, hoping beyond his highest hopes that he would see the raven-haired beauty once again.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Oct 19 2009, 03:08 PM
Post #47

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Meiko's eyes fluttered open. It took a moment for the haze of sleep to pass, lingering longer because within it was the dream she had wanted to continue. Resigned, she slowly sat up and looked over at her roommate. The girl had tossed a bit, but didn't seem distressed. Even better, seeing Tuesday reminded her of the days events. A slow, mischievous smile spread across her lips.

She pulled back the covers and stepped out of the bed, her eyes scanning the floor automatically. They came to rest on the tiny houndour, who looked up at her curiously. She had a fondness for the species, and their evolution, based solely on the fact that it was one of the Pokerangers archtypes. She would even admit, under extreme duress, that she liked chancy for the same reason, even though she loathed pink. Having a happiny made that revelation much easier.

The houndour rose from his sitting position, but did not growl in warning or anything of the sort. He simply watched, warily, as Meiko stood and began the process of dressing. "You know," she whispered, confident that the little canid would be able to hear her, "you might want to be a little less enthusiastic with Mercury." The canid's head tilted again, and Meiko gave a soft giggle. "The one you were licking yesterday. You might want to take that slower." Something registered, because the pup wagged it's nub-tail briefly and sat again. Meiko smiled. "Think about it, OK?"

She opened the door as quietly as she could and padded down the hall to the next room, knocking briefly. To her surprise, the door opened, and Jaima appeared, clad in shorts and a tank top. Meiko had to blink before she could speak, and Jaima's smile of obvious pleasure derailed her thought process for another half second.

"Hey, Mei-chan," Jaima said, and she had to shake herself to answer.

"Jaima! I'm glad you're up!" She grinned and pulled him toward the lobby. "I need you to distract Tuesday while I get everything ready."

Jaima smiled. "Right. Distraction duty. I was going to see if she wanted to start training today." As he spoke, Shadow pulled the door open, then closed it, all without a sound. Mercury appeared with a small pop, yawning.

"Good idea, but don't get her too tired." Meiko grinned. "Give me your gift code and I'll make sure it gets here. Is Darryn awake?"

Jaima chuckled and touched some buttons on his pokegear, transferring the information to Meiko's. "I didn't bother him. He must have come in late, I didn't notice until I woke up." He blushed a bit and chuckled. "I was half worried I'd see Troy in there, too."

Meiko rolled her eyes. "Like you would have been able to sleep through that!"

Both sobered as they thought of the imagery Jaima might have woken to. Finally, he shuddered. "There is no bleach powerful enough to get that image out of my mind," he teased. Meiko gave him a light punch in the arm.

"Can you keep her out there until 10?" Jaima thought for a second, then looked at Shadow, who tilted his head and nodded. Jaima mirrored the nod, and Meiko beamed.

It had taken a bit longer to wake Tuesday than Jaima had anticipated, and he chuckled as she rubbed her eyes. The outside had grown bright, and it was a moderate day; Tuesday shivered a bit as she yawned, but Jaima resisted the urge to hustle her inside. The exercise would warm her well enough.

"OK, let's start out with some stretches, and then we're going to see how in shape you are." Tuesday's eyes widened, and Jaima grinned. "You must learn to walk before you can fly, Tuesday-san," he said with a grin. Lowering himself to the ground, he indicated for Tuesday to join him, then taught her some stretches, both leg and arm.

"Now, we're going to do some very basic exercises at first. Don't expect to learn punches and kicks right off the bat. You have to learn basic things, like balance and focus, and your body has to get used to the work." Tuesday nodded. She wasn't, by all appearances, afraid of some hard work.

As they stretched, Shadow watched, smiling. Sensei Jaima may not have Kohai Tuesday's innate abilities, but he did have some skills, especially as a teacher, and that made the lucario feel much better about his own place in the world.

By the time it was nearly ten o'clock, Meiko was a light frazzle. She had gotten the presents, but negotiating with the baker for a cake had taken longer than she'd expected, and the decorations had not deemed themselves worthy to hang without human intervention. At this point, her usual attitude that needing help was weak had made her forget that Darryn would likely have helped happily. Or at least he'd had helped. Even if he griped the whole time, she'd accept it, if she'd thought to ask.

She hadn't expected perfection, not really, but it had become important to her to show Tuesday that they cared enough to go to some effort. Meiko sat on the couch, covering her eyes. Her pokegear beeped, and Meiko's face paled.

"Yes," she said into the gear. Jaima's face appeared, a bit red and sweaty.

"Hey. We're going to be later than planned. We got a little further out on our run than I'd intended-"

"Jaima," Meiko cried, then blinked. Jaima had started to apologize. "Wait! That's fine. It's OK. I, um, I need more time, too." Jaima raised a brow, and Meiko found herself waving her other hand. "I'm fine. Just... give me another half an hour..."

Jaima nodded assent, evidently having little breath for anything more, and she signed off. She had just begun to rise when a voice sounded behind her.

"This will go much faster if you have help, yes, Miss Omura?" Meiko whipped around and saw Joy smiling at her, holding the banner that was to have gone across the entrance to the dining area.

Meiko beamed at the nurse. "Let me see if Darryn can help," she gushed, grinning. She just might get this done on time!

"Finally," Jaima said, walking slowly back to the back entrance of the pokecenter, "we're here. Go grab a shower, and I'll meet you downstairs for lunch. My treat."

Tuesday rolled her eyes. "Food is free at most pokecenters, Jai-chan." She blushed at trying out the familiar honorific for his name. For all she knew, it was reserved for couples that were romantically inclined. But Jaima merely grinned.

"Yes, but that's how I know I can afford it. Now, shower! You stink, miss!" He winked, hoping she wouldn't take his teasing badly, and she stuck her tongue out at him.

"You're one to talk!"

Jaima watched her go up the back stairs, then trotted to the front of the building, flashing Meiko a quick thumbs up before heading to shower himself. He grinned. If Tuesy hadn't wanted them to celebrate a birthday, she shouldn't have mentioned it around Meiko!

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Oct 19 2009, 03:57 PM
Post #48

Group Icon

Darryn crouched low to switch on the prepared track and rose slowly, clicking his thumbs in time to the beat and rolling his hips in time with the bass. His butt, shaped perfectly by the sweat-pants he was wearing slammed from side to side with the growing crescendo of music and the melody kicked in. He span around expertly on the spot and stuck out an arm to welcome his Ponyta into the dance.

"Let's go, November!" He delighted in seeing his equine fire-type prance along to the music, her dainty hooves striking the dirt with pin-point precision and kicking up tiny clouds of dust as she fell in alongside Darryn and they joined together in the dance. They stood face to face, Darryn direction his Pokemon into a fiery waltz, sweeping his arms wide to guide November into the swiling dance.

"Faster, faster! Pick it up!" Darryn urged his partner, her flames trailing out behind like crimson banners. "Now, use your body to call out a Fire Spin. Remember to take particular care in controlling the flames and work them around me in the way I showed you."

November's bright brown eyes flashed with excitement as she whinnied and poured more energy into her mane and tail, creating a spiralling wall of flame that danced around both herself and her trainer. The flames around Darryn deepened in colour, thinned out and became russet ribbons that clung to the Co-ordinator's arms and spread out behind him like a mystical cloak of fire.

"Excellent, November! Keep it up!" Darryn laughed, amazed that his Ponyta had executed such control in such a short amount of time that morning. "Keep it up like this and the next Ribbon will be ours, for sure!"

~*~

"Craaap!" Darryn shooed Lady out of his way as he whirled around the room, trying desperately to get ready before Tuesday got out of the shower. He had been practising with November for so long that he had completely forgotten to check the time and the surprise was fast approaching. He ran a comb through his already styled hair and stuff the parcel Troy had given him the night before back into his bag while removing a different package.

<The tiny female has finished cleansing herself.> Lady told Darryn calmly, sitting patiently by the door. <You have enough time so worry is not neccessary.>

"OK, Lady." Darryn said without looking up. "First of all, telling me that worry isn't neccessary doesn't help. And second, stop spying on people in the bathroom like that... It's creepy."

The Vulpix turned up her nose and blinked snootily.

<I did not need to watch - I can hear the rain device from here.> She corrected him smartly.

"Oh... well, alright then... How do I look?"

There was a long pause before Lady replied.

<Magnificent.>

"Great. Then let's get moving!" Darryn finished getting his things together and darted out of the room and down the corridor before Tuesday could leave the bathroom, Lady close on his heels.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Oct 19 2009, 08:27 PM
Post #49

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

"Tempest, you smell worse than me!"

"Chuuuuu..." the pikachu replied, her ears flattened against her skull as she hunkered down, glaring. If there was one thing the pikachu hated, it was getting a bath.

Tuesday squealed as water crashed into her face from the side, and she stuck her tongue out at Zorro. The riolu was sitting in the bathtub, splashing happily in the water, while Tuesday knelt on the thick rug outside of the tub, scrubbing Tempest with a soft brush.

"Zorro, I need to finish giving you two a bath before I can get a shower," she said, grinning.

"Riiiiiii!" Zorro exclaimed, and splashed water at her, clearly disagreeing. Tuesday giggled, but it was Tempest that splashed back, swinging her tail through the water and flinging droplets at his face. "Ri Ri Rii-" He spat out the bar of soap that Tempest had shoved into his mouth and let his tongue loll out in disgust. "Olu," he mumbled, and shook his head.

"He-ey!" Tuesday said, raising her hands and shielding her face as water came flying in her direction (and went flying in every direction). Tempest saw her opportunity and leapt out of the tub, racing across the floor and leaving a trail of soapy water behind.

Tuesday, however, was slightly faster. "Tempest," she sighed, as she grabbed the pikachu's pokeball and quickly recalled her. The pikachu went with a cry, sucked into the device. Tuesday shook her head. "I'll finish you in a minute."

Setting the pokeball down, she changed her position and grabbed the sank bar of soap off the bottom of the bathtub floor. "Come 'ere, stinky," she said, splashing water at Zorro. The riolu squealed excitedly and leapt through the water. Tuesday yelled and leaned back, but it was a futile attempt at escaping the wave. Water sloshed out of the tub and soaked her from the waist down, including her shoes.

"Well, that was dumb," she commented, looking down at her feet. She should have taken them off before she started trying to give Zorro and Tempest a bath. Crinkling her nose, she sat properly and pulled her shoes off, before tossing them in the corner and getting back on her knees. "Okay, Zorro. Let's make you smell decent, at least."

It took far longer bathing Zorro than it had ever taken Tuesday to bathe Tempest or wiping Dante down combined. By the time she had finally finished rinsing off and drying the happy riolu, and recalled him into his pokeball, even her hair was drenched, and hanging down around her face, sticking to her forehead.

She had then called Tempest out again, receiving an annoyed look from the waterlogged rodent. Tuesday smirked. "That's your own fault," she told Tempest, and then proceeded to bathe her from the beginning. She dried the pikachu off when she was finished, recalled her into her pokeball, and then flicked the nob to let the water out.

As the bathtub drained, Tuesday gathered up all of her items and padded down the carpeted hall in her bare feet. She left both the Occupied sign on the bathroom door, and a trail of water behind her, as she made her way to her room.

She placed her pokeballs in a pile on the bed and dumped her other items on the floor. Grabbing her soaked shoes, she was about to call out Dante, when one of the pokeballs burst open of its own accord and released - not Tempest, as she was expecting - a houndour.

"Ashleigh?" she asked.

The houndour yipped and danced in a stumbling jig from side to side, paw over paw and appearing almost ready to trip himself up. His stub of a tail was vibrating like it ran on a battery, and his tongue was lolling out of his mouth. Tuesday studied him for a moment, before sighing with a smile. "I'm already filthy," she said, and spread her arms. "Let's get this over with now, okay?"

With an excited yelp, the houndour leapt forward and nearly knocked her over when he slammed both of his forepaws on her chest, his tongue sloppily rolling over her neck. Tuesday giggled, tilting her head back to keep the long, slimy tongue from catching her on the mouth.

"All right, Ashleigh, down." She let the houndour drop to the floor. "I need an actual bath now, but I have a favor." He cocked his head to the side, as Tuesday set her shoes on the floor in front of him. "Can you lay on these?"

~*~

The hot water of the shower rolling over her bare skin felt absolutely wonderful. Tuesday was no stranger to exercise, by any means, but she had never done the stretches like Jaima had shown her, or gone running unless she was running from someone. This was a whole new experience for her, and Jaima wasn't kidding when he said she smelled. Of course, it didn't help that she had tripped and taken a nosedive into the dirt. Graceful? No. Hilarious? Indubitably.

Tuesday ran her fingers through her hair, rinsing it out, before shutting off the water. With a contented sigh, she climbed out of the shower and began to get dressed in a fresh pair of clothes she had brought in with her.

By the time she was finished in the bathroom, Ashleigh had done a wonderful job drying her shoes, which were nice and warm when she slipped them on. When she was finished, she was dressed in a pair of baggy black cargo pants and a dark blue, thin, long-sleeved shirt.

With a grin, she pulled her hair back into a ponytail, rather than letting it hang down as she usually did.

With a sigh, feeling much better, she grabbed her pokeballs and skipped out of the room. She checked Jaima and Darryn's room, but no one answered. She blinked in confusion, then thought about breakfast and figured everyone was probably downstairs getting some food.

Tossing her head from side to side, humming, she trotted down the stairs, turned the corner, and stopped dead.

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Oct 20 2009, 12:44 AM
Post #50

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

"SURPRISE!"

Grondir fired leaves straight into the air, which were then grabbed by an unseen wind. Lights of many colors danced around them as the leaves swept around Tuesday in a circle, careful not to touch her, before the flew out the door of the pokécenter. Mercury's eyes glowed the whole time, and her face was alight with joy and satisfaction.

Meiko had stood back, far enough to see everyone's reaction to the party, and Tuesday's especially. She almost clapped her hands in excitement. It had worked!

Except that rather than pleased, Tuesday looked stunned, shocked, and a little worried. The girl looked around, bewildered, until she spotted Meiko.

"M-meiko-san?"

Meiko stepped forward. "Iie, iie, Tue-chan. Ore wa Mei-chan!"

Tuesday blinked. "Um... who?" she said, scrunching up her face a bit. Meiko laughed, delighted.

"Come on in, imouto," Jaima said, gesturing.

"B-but..." Tuesday swallowed, looking around. There was Darryn, and Joy, and Jenny, and most of their pokémon. Shadow stood near Jaima, his eyes twinkling, and Mercury pirouetted around the room. Once again the kirlia was happy, and people around her could feel it and were happy as well. Grondir merely watched Tuesday, and Tsunami stuck with him, slightly nervous at the large gathering. Fang and Desertdancer were sitting near each other, and Ramhorn was watching from a corner, seeming to enjoy watching the people mingle. Precious was standing at Meiko's feet, clapping happily at all the noise, under Ember's watchful eye. Rockclaw was no where to be found.

Tuesday tried again. "But it's not my birthday yet!"

Meiko grinned, ruffling her hair. "I was pretty sure it wasn't, but you did say it was soon!" She winked down at Tuesday. "If I'd started asking questions, you'd have gotten suspicious!"

Tuesday had just begun to notice that Jaima and Meiko were drawing her into the room, but it was too late to dash away. Besides that, she was warming up to the idea, it seemed. She looked around at the decorations a smile growing wider on her face, then hugged Meiko impulsively. "Ari..." She stopped, blinking, and looked up at Jaima and Meiko expectantly.

"-gato," Meiko supplied, and Jaima accepted his hug.

"Presents first, or cake?"

Tuesday's mouth dropped. "There's presents? There's cake?!"

Jaima smirked at her. "That is standard birthday party protocol, isn't it? There'd be clowns, but," he dropped his voice in a conspiratorial tone, "Mr. Mimes freak Meiko out."

"HEY!"

"Worse than you and mankeys," Tuesday asked innocently, sending Meiko into gales of laughter and Jaima blushing. Mockingly shaking a fist at her, Jaima hissed, "I told you that in confidence!"

Darryn waved them over to where a moderately tall pile of presents waited, but the look on Tuesday's face made it seem as if it had been stacked to the height of an aggron. Se looked back at Jaima and Meiko, and both of them smiled at her.

"Go ahead, Tuesday," Jaima encouraged.

"It's your birthday!" Meiko called. The two looked at each other, then grinned.

"Go ahead! It's your birthday! Yeah Tuesday, it's your birthday! Open presents! On your birthday! Go ahead! It's your birthday!" The two danced around, and soon Nurse Joy and some of the pokémon had joined in. They all laughed, Jaima scratching the back of his head, when they wound down. Tuesday was staring, blushing, and everyone laughed when she turned to the presents, wide eyed as if she were mortified.

Jaima ended the semi-awkward moment by pulling one of the gifts from the top. "This one's from Joy." Joy bowed as Tuesday carefully unwrapped the gift. Meiko leaned over and stage-whispered to Jaima, "After you teach her martial arts and we teach her Japanese, let's teach her how to unwrap a gift, huh?"

"Hush," Jaima admonished fondly as Tuesday blushed.

The gift was a small key-chain, an electronic device like a tamagotchi, with a screen and two buttons. Joy smiled. "It has a single pokétch program in it. That one monitors your pokémon's health by communicating with your pokéballs!"

Tuesday gaped at the device, then turned shining eyes to Joy. "Thank you so much!" Joy nodded her welcome, and Jaima handed her another gift. "This is from me, but... well, it's kind of not finished yet." Instead of a wrapped gift, Jaima held out a wooden box which, when opened, had several blocks of what looked like clay. He pulled Mercury's ball from his bandoleer. "This is the stuff I use to customize my pokéballs. If you'd like, I'd like to do the same with yours."

Tuesday reached out and touched the putty, then looked up shyly. "I'd like that..." she swallowed, then said, softly, "Jai-chan."

Jaima smiled, and hugged Tuesday. Meiko pulled down a gift, wrapped in a kind of pyramid. "This is from me. Um... I... I didn't have a lot of time." She nervously handed the package to Tuesday, and didn't push when the girl took a long time unwrapping. The smile on Tuesday's face made Meiko blink.

"Books!" She held them up excitedly, grinning as if she'd won a prize. "This is great! A Japanese English dictionary, a phrase book, and," she gasped, "a book on mythology!" She opened it, but blinked, confronted with strange symbols where letters would normally be. Meiko hissed in frustration.

"They sent the Japanese text?!" She looked as if she were about to cry, but Tuesday was poring through it with abandon, sitting on the ground with her legs crossed. Meiko slowly cheered up.

"Um... um Tuesday," Jaima said. "There're more presents, Tuesday!"

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Oct 25 2009, 06:27 PM
Post #51

Group Icon

*Aw, CRAP! Did I go too far with my gifts?! Know your limits, Daz!*

"I didn't have a great deal of time to find something on such short notice..." Officer Jenny of Arasam began, shifting uneasily under the gaze of the onlookers. So many personal and lovely gifts had been given already that her dull parcel seemed to pale in comparison even before it was opened. Tuesday, however, did not show any outward signs of disappointment and was still in a shocked and grinning state that looked like some sort of hysterical paralysis. "But, here it is!"

Tuesday gratefully accepted the small brown-paper package and tore the wrappings to shreds as she got into the spirit of the present-opening frenzy. The box that remained was equally as plain but its contents were wholely another story.

"Wha-" Tuesday began but Jenny was already leaning over her shoulder and pointing into the box.

"What we have here are an assortment of items that are sure to help any researcher or trainer on her journey!" Jenny beamed, explaining each item in turn. "First off, we've got a Zoom Lens. This is perfect for seeing far into the distance on your travels and if you get a Pokemon to wear it, it will increase their accuracy during battle! Then there's a Smoke Ball to help you blind an opponent and get away from danger. Third, I put in a handy Quick Claw for one of your Pokemon to land extra-fast hits! And last is my favourite - a Black Belt! It's sure to help in your training that you were doing earlier and I think your little Riolu might benefit from wearing it, too!"

Tuesday's jaw dropped.

Jaima blinked behind his glasses like a confused Hoothoot.

Darryn stared.

"You didn't have a great deal of time!?" Meiko gasped. "But that's... that's..."

"So COOL!" Tuesday grinned bounced on the spot. "Thank you so much, Officer!"

The Policewoman hugged Tuesday sweetly and when they parted, Tuesday turned finally to Darryn. He gulped.

*I'm normally so good at getting presents but what if I've done it wrong this time?! Oh frig!*

"And, um, these are from me." Darryn handed Tuesday a sparkly green bag. "There's a theme to it all so I hope you like them..."

Tuesday set down the bag and lifted out the first parcel within, unwrapping the green-and-gold paper with smart tears and pulled out the items inside. A Pokeblock Case and a Berry Pouch greeted her.

"With those you can collect berries and make Pokeblock when you visit a Contest Hall. Feed Pokeblock to your Pokemon and it will improve their condition in so many different ways - remember to feed them the flavours they like though or it won't work out as well as it should..." Darryn advised.

Next came a larger pack, wrapped in silver and black. Darryn winced. This was the one he was scared Tuesday wouldn't like. It was too late to go back now but Darryn couldn't help but think it had all gone wrong! Tuesday began unwrapping the gift and, when she saw what was inside, she blushed profusely.
Meiko facepalmed and rolled her eyes at Darryn. Jaima blushed nearly as hard as Tuesday. Darryn inwardly groaned.
Inside was a black and silver dress in the style of an ancient roman gladiator complete with a midnight cape that reached the waist. Tuesday's eyes were so wide that Darryn was scared she'd let them drop completely from her head so he hastened to explain:

"I'd like for you to enter into the next Contest alongside me like Jaima did!" He gasped quickly, hoping beyond hope that the dress wasn't completely out of her taste and inappropriate for her birthday. "I've seen your combinations that your Pokemon use and think it would be a waste for them not to be shown off to the public!"

Tuesday's red face looked up at Darryn, completely stunned.

"A-and!" Darryn grabbed for the smallest and final box in the bag. "You can also wear this!"

Tuesday looked at the package like it was a coiled Seviper for a moment.

*Damn! I went too far! Damn and hell!!!*

Tuesday slowly took the packet and opened it with care, apprehension marking her every move. Inside reseted a glittering blue crystal. Its very center seemed to swirl and eddy like the ocean, shifting between infinite shades of blue and green within a droplet-shaped stone. The girl's eyes, like saucers, were completely mesmerised for a few seconds while everyone watched, the Mystic Water pendant in her hands shining like a captured star..

"So?" Darryn tested uneasily... "What do you think?"

--------------------

+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Oct 25 2009, 11:14 PM
Post #52

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

The cake was the icing on the... cake.

All right, so the cake was just another brilliant part of the day. For starters, it was yellow cake with vanilla icing, Tuesday's personal favorite. How they knew that was beyond her, but somehow, they had either figured it out or made one lucky guess. In the end, it didn't really matter.

Tuesday sat between Jaima and Darryn, with Meiko sitting across from Jaima, Jenny across from Darryn, and Joy across from her - Tuesday. The pokemon were scattered throughout this section of the lobby, which had apparently been closed off personally for use of her party. Tuesday, glancing over at her pile of unwrapped gifts, flushed in embarrassed pleasure. She had never expected that an offhand comment to Meiko could lead to this.

Tuesday licked some thickly-coated icing off of her fork, before cutting off another small bite of cake. Her thoughts wandered in the fashion of a free-floating balloon, her eyes traveling around the room. Zorro's face was covered in cake crumbs, and he was trying to touch his tongue to his nose and lick off a large glob of icing that had somehow managed to stick there.

Tempest, in an attempt to prove her superiority to the silly-hearted riolu, was eating her cake slowly and with what she must have assumed was sophistication. Once she realized, however, that sitting so close to Dante was melting her icing, she gave up her airs and shoved the charmeleon away, causing Dante to trip and stumble face-first into his plate of cake.

Zorro's snickers were the background music to Dante turning and glaring at Tempest, blinking his eyelids and dropping iced crumbs to the floor. The pikachu snorted and collapsed in laughter, and Tuesday, smiling softly, turned her attention elsewhere.

Wraith was out in the paddock, enjoying the sunshine, and Ashleigh was sitting nearer to Mercury than he was to his fellow team, licking icing off of his otherwise clean plate. He seemed to be trying to decide whether he would gain more initial happiness from tackling Mercury with another slobber-frenzy, or tackling her otherwise empty plate and cleaning it. He didn't seem to have yet come to a decision.

As Tuesday munched on her own portion of cake, she thought again about the surprise of the birthday, followed by the even greater surprise of receiving presents - a lot of presents.

Tuesday held the keychain poketch in her hand under the table, grasping it fondly. She hadn't been expecting any of this and, quite frankly, she was sure she wouldn't soon forget anything about today.

"Um... um Tuesday," Jaima said. "There're more presents, Tuesday!"

Tuesday flushed with embarrassment, despite the fact that no one else was currently aware of her thought processes. Jaima had actually needed to physically remove the books from her grasp, in order to get her to pay attention to the rest of her gifts. Meiko had been pleased, but stunned, but her reaction, but apparently she hadn't believed that Tuesday was actually that addicted to books. She wondered if the girl would ever doubt Jaima's emphasis again.

Officer Jenny's gifts were practical, but still unexpected. They came both from the point of view of someone in her field, as well as, as she had said, the field of a researcher. Obviously, the officer was very observant, or else Jaima had explained Tuesday's dream. She smiled, but then her smile faded into puzzlement.

"I'd like for you to enter into the next Contest alongside me like Jaima did!" Darryn gasped quickly. "I've seen your combinations that your Pokemon use and think it would be a waste for them not to be shown off to the public!"

Tuesday blinked, wide-eyed at the dress in the box, before pulling it out and holding it in front of her, to gain a better look. Jaima was the first to speak, turning his eyes in a suspicious glare toward Darryn. ""Okay, seriously, what're your intentions toward my little sister?"

Only once Darryn had guffawed and tried to speedily explain himself, stammering all the while, did Jaima wink, grinning. Tuesday had to admit, the boy could be wholly intimidating if he so chose, and she had actually thought his glare was a serious one.

"I... I think my dad might kill you, Darryn, if he saw me wearing this," Tuesday stammered, flushing profusely. The dress was nice, of course, but... well, it seemed like it was built for someone...
older than Tuesday, or just... larger. Taller. Yeah, taller. She liked the style, of course - she had always been fond of the gladiator theme - but it seemed a tad... provocative for someone her age. Or even someone older.

"Sweety," Meiko said with an amused and patient smile, "you can wear something under it."

Tuesday blinked. "O-Oh! Well... okay, then!"

Meiko, however, turned to Darryn with a sly look on her face. "You know, Darryn, I bought nice clothes for Jaima because I liiiiiike him..."

Tuesday didn't know whether to be amused or embarrassed that this sent Darryn into another wild frenzy to explain himself.

Reaching up, Tuesday fingered the pendant about her neck. She hadn't known what to think about it, really. It was the most unexpected gift for her to have received, and she wondered, precisely, why Darryn had gotten it for her. Did it have a particular meaning, or did he just get it because it was pretty? Did he realize that she would never have a water pokemon, or didn't he realize, precisely, how far her fear stretched?

Of course... of everyone here, only Jaima was fully aware of how much she feared water pokemon. More than that, however, he was the only one who knew why.

Tuesday ran her fingers over the smooth pendant, her cake finished, but her mind still wandering.

"So?" Darryn tested, his voice uneasy. "What do you think?"

Tuesday sat, staring voicelessly down at the necklace in the box. It was rude not to say anything; she knew that. She should say something.

"It's beautiful, Darryn," she whispered softly. And it was - eerily beautiful. "I've never seen one of these before." And she hadn't - not outside of books.

"Do you know what it is?" Darryn asked, prepared to explain.

Tuesday nodded, cutting him off. Meiko, who had been prepared to help Darryn explain, if necessary, looked surprised as Tuesday muttered, "A Mystic Water pendant. It enhances water-type moves."

"Right," Darryn replied, sounding unsure. "Do you... like it?"

Tuesday glanced up at him and smiled softly. "Yes, Darryn. Thanks." She looked at everyone. "Thank you all."

Tuesday sighed. She didn't want to ask Darryn why he had gotten her the pendant as a gift. It was probably just because it went with the dress, but she didn't know. She wasn't ever much good at matching clothes. She just wore what was comfortable and left it at that. It didn't really matter, anyway. It was a nice gift - they were all nice gifts. It was a wonderful surprise and she couldn't have been more grateful. This was probably the best birthday she'd ever had, and really, it wasn't even her birthday yet.

~*~

Once everyone had finished their cake, Jaima and Meiko offered to clean up, if Tuesday would take her gifts up to her room. Forbidden to help clean, as the birthday-girl, she sighed and made her way upstairs, arms laden with unwrapped presents.

Dante beat her to the door and opened it for her, pressing down on the handle and stepping inside. Tuesday followed him and placed her presents on the bed, only to be surprised by finding a still-wrapped one there.

Frowning, she picked the small box up and found an envelope underneath. Dante, the only pokemon who hadn't been recalled into his pokeball, crouched on the floor in curiosity, as Tuesday sat on the bed and slowly opened the envelope.

Tuesday's Birthday Letter (click to show)

Tuesday pursed her lips, but she wasn't sure whether to be flattered or annoyed, so she settled for a bit of both, as she unwrapped the gift.

As soon as the paper was completely off, however, and the contents of the package rolled into the palm of her hand, all annoyance and flattery faded to be replaced by total shock between both she and Dante.

Of all the presents Reilly could have given her for her birthday...

A Thunderstone?

~*~

"Miss Berdison?"

Tuesday turned in surprise, finding Nurse Joy standing behind her. Meiko had fallen asleep almost an hour before and Tuesday had taken the time to wander down to the lobby, her latest birthday gift clutched in her hand.

"N-Nurse Joy," she stammered, taking a startled step back.

"I'm afraid Reilly has left already, if that's who you're looking for," Nurse Joy admitted, nodding at the Thunderstone in Tuesday's hands. "He was anxious to get ahead to the next town."

"Oh." Tuesday rolled the stone between her hands. "I was hoping to... thank him," she admitted softly. "Um..."

Nurse Joy smiled softly. "I can send a message ahead to him, if you'd like?" she offered, calling Tuesday's attention again. "Or... I could tell you that he was heading to Petropolis next." She smiled. "Perhaps you'll run into him?"

Tuesday flushed, which caused Joy to smile, though she didn't know why. "Th-thank you, Nurse Joy."

"Of course," Joy said. "I am glad you came downstairs, for another reason, Miss Berdison. In the excitement of the day, I believe you forgot about a gift that was sent earlier."

Tuesday blinked in realization. "Oh!"

"Yes," Nurse Joy said, motioning toward the area to the far side of the lobby. "There's a phone call for you, if you'd care to take it, and an awaiting gift." She smiled softly, as Tuesday's face broke out into a grin. "Someone named Professor Oak...?"

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Oct 26 2009, 02:16 PM
Post #53

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Jaima was very thoughtful by the time the party broke up. He had volunteered to help clean up at almost the same time Meiko did, which made a few people near them smile. Jaima would be the first to admit he was horrible at picking up on subtleties and hints, but recent events had caused him to re-analyze recent events. He was embarrassed to say he had no idea what to do with his slightly changed perspectives.

Tuesday's had become so engrossed in Meiko's gift that Jaima had had to intervene. He knew, somehow, that, left to her own devices, she'd have stayed where she was and read the books twice over (yes, even the dictionary) before remembering the other gifts and guests, and would have likely missed the cake. So he gently reached out and pulled the books from her hand, grinning all the while, nodding to the stack of unopened gifts. The girl flushed, but opened her gifts, with much more enthusiasm (at least to the outside observer), tearing into the paper and eagerly grasping at the items wrapped therein.

Jaima suspected that the sooner she finished unwrapping, the sooner she'd be able to get back to her books. But it probably didn't hurt that Jenny's gift had been wrapped in unseeming brown paper. They were wonderfully thoughtful gifts, and Jaima's opinion of the young Officer had risen significantly.

It was Darryn's gift that had, at once, given him pause. Not for the short looking dress, or the fancy looking pendant. It was Meiko's teasing remark.

"I bought nice clothes for Jaima because I liiiiike him..."

He'd looked up at Meiko then, but she'd given no indication that this should have been news to anyone. Was he an idiot, or had she been hiding it..? And how did he feel.

Don't be stupid, an inner voice snorted, sounding suspiciously like his sister Mariko. And he had to admit, he did know the answer.

Again, he refused to let it ruin the party. It was Tuesday's day, and he wasn't going to steal from it in any way, shape, or form. So he indulged in the welcome distraction of watching Mercury edge away from Tuesday's new houndour, squealing when he leapt toward her and lavished her plat with the attention he felt it deserved.

Are you OK, Mercury?

The kirlia flinched, pushing away from Shadow, to whom she had clung, and brushed off her skirt-like appendages. Of course I am, Trainer Jaima. Why do you ask?

Jaima didn't roll his eyes physically, but if he could have managed it mentally, he would have. Is Ashleigh a nuisance..?

A hint of guilt came through the mental communication, but Mercury's answer was staunch. I'll handle it, Trainer Jaima. I won't embarrass you.

Jaima's brows *did* raise at that point, but the look from Shadow to Mercury was more puzzling than what she said. Jaima had suspicions, especially since the battle, but nothing had been said and it had never been the time. Shadow looked at Jaima and nodded toward Mercury, indicating that he would make sure the Kirlia was safe. Jaima nodded and turned his attention back to the party.

Now Meiko was sweeping away the last of the crumbs on the floor, wiping up icing, and Jaima was setting up tables. He looked at her and she smiled lightly.

"Some party, huh," she said softly, pouring the dust bin into the trash can provided by Joy.

Jaima smiled. "You did good, Mei-chan."

Meiko seemed to glow, and bounced on the balls of her feet. "I can't believe she liked the books so much!" Her reaction to his praise, if it was to his praise, put another nail in the construction of his new perspective.

Maybe I'm overanalyzing this...

"I told you," he said, chuckling. "She likes to read."

"Can you believe Darryn's gift? I thought you were going to strangle him!"

Meiko's laugh was light, and Jaima leaned against the table. "Nah. Maybe if he wasn't so obviously into Troy, I might have been more nervous, but he means well."

"Still," Meiko said with a thoughtful frown, "It's kind of... mature... for a girl like Tuesday."

Jaima looked at her as she stared off, pensively. When she didn't speak for a long time, he coughed. "You're thinking of ways to make her look good in it, aren't you?"

Meiko looked as if she had been caught sneaking from the cookie jar, and was horrified at the fact. "Yes!"

Jaima laughed, then, and gestured out to the hall. "I think Darryn's eager to move on. He's got his eye on contest halls, I bet."

Meiko snorted. "He'd better! I can't believe he was still wondering if he needed to look further for his calling! Wasn't he amazing? He was amazing!"

Jaima smiled fondly, and neither spoke as they reached their rooms. "Um, Meiko," Jaima said as she reached for the handle to her and Tuesday's door.

"Yes," she asked, looking a bit confused. A look that grew more intense as his face grew warm.

"You... um... you like me, huh?" He kicked himself mentally, but Meiko's face rapidly flushed. She looked at the ground, and that, suddenly, seemed like a really good idea to Jaima as well.

Meiko cleared her throat, and Jaima looked up. "I never say things I don't mean, Jaima," she said with a shaky smile, then quickly opened the door. "I'll make sure Tuesday's packed," she called, overly cheerful, and pushed the door closed.

Jaima stared, blinking, then smiled. She was brave, she was fun, she was...

The girl for him.

"Please be careful," Joy said with a bow. Jaima and Meiko bowed in return, and after a moment, so did Tuesday.

Jenny had her arms crossed, kicking the ground. "I'm sorry," she finally blurted. "I was wrong about you." Jaima smiled a bit at her, and she flushed, scowling. "But keep your noses clean!"

Jaima rolled his eyes, then grinned, a slight wicked look coming on his face. "If we get into any trouble, you'll be the first to know."

The group turned and began their way out of the city, laughing when they heard Jenny's voice calling behind them when they were a good distance away.

"That doesn't exactly fill me with confidence!"

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:49 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.