Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

READ ME FIRST

DO NOT make any 'click my eggs/Pokémon' threads/posts or any 'what is this egg' threads/posts or you WILL be warned 10% instantly!

427 Pages V  « < 416 417 418 419 420 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
What grinds your gears!?, GPX Related Only
AregularFrankief...
post Oct 27 2018, 02:15 PM
Post #8341

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 221 574

Active Squad

QUOTE(Primaxal @ Oct 27 2018, 06:14 AM) *
People that are not breeding spooky pokemon.

Tbh I'm just not breeding them because the overwhelming majority of people seem to want Kryduck/Platypus Psyduck a lot more.

Also, sort of on that same vein of thought - I keep claiming Drifloon Eggs thinking that they qualify as "spooky" enough. They do not. Can't seem to find anything but Drifloon in the Lab, though..

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Lemonado Girl
post Nov 4 2018, 08:04 PM
Post #8342

Ice Champion
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 245 986

Ice Ice Babies

Currently, the Safari Zone. I need to find a Tuaros and Chansey in it to finish off the Safari Warden achievement, and...I can find Bouffalant! I can find Blissey! I can even find Happiny! But no Tauros or Chansey.

I'll at least praise RNGesus for the not one but TWO MEW that I've found whilst looking (made use of sitewide Release+ to put one back, I'm not a hoarding type), but...ugh.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Nov 13 2018, 04:57 PM
Post #8343

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

QUOTE(Mikaku Onchi @ Nov 13 2018, 08:47 PM) *
I don't like to complain about things here but...the pokehunt RNG doesn't like Steel and Ground types that much does it? The last time we've got a Steel pokehunt was in the 1st week of November 2017, a year ago. Ground was in the 1t week of August 2017!! I wonder when we're going to get those Silvally memories, hmm?

Casually carrying this discussion over here because I wand a word in as well. I generally don't complain about RNG either, and that's not strictly what I'm going to do either. I'm just not a fan of having the memories distributed only from the pokehunt, due to the RNG. I have some maths that say that if you start out with none of the memories, then it'll take over 55 weeks on average to get them all, purely out needing all the types to roll through the pokehunt random type selection. There are some slight details in this due to the fact that the type is guaraneed to the be different from the previous week. But also, considering that normal type doesn't have a memory, you would get slightly different values if you start collecting the memories at a time when the previous type was normal.

But really, it was obvious from the get go that there was going to be some type that was going to be absent for a very long time. And that's just expected. I guess the thing about it that I don't like is the lack of agency in it all. I sort of feel like the memories is the last relevant thing for me to do on this site, and it feels kind of boring to be at the mercy of RNG in that regard.

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
+Quote Post

Hael
post Nov 15 2018, 01:17 AM
Post #8344

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 29 808

Active Squad

Hopefully the right place for this gripe -

I'm frustrated that after revisiting GPX after a long years absence, that not much as changed. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but it worries me that a website I used to hold dear is kind of... dead in the water. I appreciate all the work current staff put into the website but I get the feeling they aren't able to make many changes to the website.

I thought it was really odd that it's been 5 years since X & Y was released, but we've still gotten no badge achievements for those gym leaders. I know that Sun & Moon had a different set up as far as gyms/elite 4, but I would be not surprised to have badge achievements based on those pseudo gym leaders. I don't know much about what goes into coding achievements, but it feel like it shouldn't be that complicated seeing as how many times they've been created. This goes for achievements in general, there have been no new achievements since I was last active about 5 years ago.

It sounds like a small thing but I think achievements were a great inclusion to the website being one of the ultimately few things you could do besides explorations and shiny hunting.

So, like. What's up with that? It's been a long time since I've been active so I'm sure I missed a lot. I was really worried/shocked when I saw that Big Bidoof hasn't been on in a full year now, I hope everything is okay.

I really miss super active and crazy GPX. Looking at the forums makes me sad now with largely inactive areas on it. I hope something can happen to revitalize GPX again.

This post has been edited by Weisk: Nov 15 2018, 01:23 AM

--------------------

Shinies (click to show)

+Quote Post

Gigadyne
post Nov 15 2018, 01:57 AM
Post #8345

Pokemon Breeder
Group Icon

Member No.: 164 629

Heartgold Team

Weisk, there's years old notice in News section.
TLDR: GPX won't be receiving any new major additions post Wymsy's leave. So, no new achievements and the like.
The only expection are pokemon.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Hael
post Nov 15 2018, 02:58 AM
Post #8346

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 29 808

Active Squad

QUOTE(Gigadyne @ Nov 15 2018, 01:57 AM) *
Weisk, there's years old notice in News section.
TLDR: GPX won't be receiving any new major additions post Wymsy's leave. So, no new achievements and the like.
The only expection are pokemon.

Oof. That's extremely disappointing. I can understand post a major admin leaving, but I guess I would have expected between then and now a new person/persons would have been brought on to continue to website? Thanks for catching me up, though!

--------------------

Shinies (click to show)

+Quote Post

deleted user
post Nov 17 2018, 01:19 PM
Post #8347

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 129 409

Active Squad

QUOTE(Lemonado Girl @ Nov 4 2018, 08:04 PM) *
Currently, the Safari Zone. I need to find a Tuaros and Chansey in it to finish off the Safari Warden achievement, and...I can find Bouffalant! I can find Blissey! I can even find Happiny! But no Tauros or Chansey.

I'll at least praise RNGesus for the not one but TWO MEW that I've found whilst looking (made use of sitewide Release+ to put one back, I'm not a hoarding type), but...ugh.

Evolved and pre-evolved forms count for the Safari Warden achievement. (Also, Blisseys tend to show up in bulk when someone finishes the Box of Bliss achievement)
+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Nov 20 2018, 01:37 AM
Post #8348

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Active Squad

Dragon Poke Hunt....no Multiplier.

Also I can't seem to find any Joltik Eggs in the Lab or Shelter. sad.gif

EDIT: Hatched a 144 Bagon but can't enter it in the Hunt because I got the Egg before it started.

This post has been edited by AregularFrankiefan: Nov 20 2018, 06:11 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

ChibiNinja
post Nov 20 2018, 12:47 PM
Post #8349

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 157 120

Active Squad

Getting logged out of the main site when I so much as look at the forum, and not being able to log back in until I post. So sick of this; I feel like we almost need a 'got logged out just posting to get back' thread for this, though a proper permanent fix would be better...I just don't see it happening after all these years.

EDIT: I STILL can't log in after posting WHAT. *sigh* heading to the help thread... shakefist.gif

Also the horizontal scrollbar when there are a number of trinket offers. Hate that thing; don't know why the site didn't keep the vertical one it once had instead.

This post has been edited by ChibiNinja: Nov 20 2018, 12:50 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Raboot
post Nov 24 2018, 11:00 PM
Post #8350

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 77 311

Active Squad

This is a common gripe, but people keep donating their daycare eggs too early. With the multipliers going on, the eggs are matured enough but not old enough to hatch right away. Holds my party hostage for a while, so I can't grab more eggs or move them to my mobile walker.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Primaxal
post Dec 8 2018, 05:46 AM
Post #8351

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 6 487

Kabutops

"Find special exploration item" task during sandstorm weather.

@edit. lmao just got it few seconds after posting here.

This post has been edited by Primaxal: Dec 8 2018, 05:47 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Chiron
post Dec 13 2018, 03:09 AM
Post #8352

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 237 716

My Favorites

An Exploration closing right before you finish the final task.. horrified.gif

I'm sure this has been said before but I don't want to read through all the replies cause I'm lazy.

--------------------
+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Dec 16 2018, 05:51 AM
Post #8353

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Active Squad

I've been blessed enough to get only scripted ones, but the people who've gotten shiny Wild Pokemon by chance must be having a bit of a bad time. Imagine finding a shiny, but being unable to keep it! sad.gif

And I only bring this up now because I've just seen someone with a shiny explo Snorlax.

--------------------

+Quote Post

jeanmichel
post Dec 16 2018, 11:35 AM
Post #8354

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 99 852

Active Squad

QUOTE(AregularFrankiefan @ Dec 16 2018, 11:51 AM) *
I've been blessed enough to get only scripted ones, but the people who've gotten shiny Wild Pokemon by chance must be having a bit of a bad time. Imagine finding a shiny, but being unable to keep it! sad.gif

And I only bring this up now because I've just seen someone with a shiny explo Snorlax.

Are you speaking about this one:

Isn't it forced shiny like the Wooper from the Unown exploration? If not, then it's actually amusing! smile.gif
+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Dec 16 2018, 06:51 PM
Post #8355

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(jeanmichel @ Dec 16 2018, 08:35 AM) *
QUOTE(AregularFrankiefan @ Dec 16 2018, 11:51 AM) *

Are you speaking about this one:

Isn't it forced shiny like the Wooper from the Unown exploration? If not, then it's actually amusing! smile.gif

Ahh yeah, I was talking about that one. Saw it flash by in the Berry Feeder for a few seconds, so I wasn't quite sure who temporarily owned it lol. And I don't think it's supposed to be shiny.

--------------------

+Quote Post

jeanmichel
post Dec 16 2018, 07:14 PM
Post #8356

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 99 852

Active Squad

QUOTE(AregularFrankiefan @ Dec 17 2018, 12:51 AM) *
Ahh yeah, I was talking about that one. Saw it flash by in the Berry Feeder for a few seconds, so I wasn't quite sure who temporarily owned it lol. And I don't think it's supposed to be shiny.

Well, it's funny then. I don't feel like I have missed a shiny, so it's not a problem. The real problem is That Burning Desire exploration itself. It's really terrible. It's asking far too much for Flame Orbs I won't even use. The text so far is poor and there's no illustration. I like explorations, but I won't do this one again.
Basically, it asks... (click to show)

It's just out of scale, sadly. After around 14h, the Snorlax got less than 80 correct berries. worried.gif
+Quote Post

cereza13
post Dec 16 2018, 07:24 PM
Post #8357

Artist Fennekin
Group Icon

Member No.: 195 713

Team Kanto

What grinds my gears...

When your shiny hunting but the eggs you need are never in the shelter so have to rely on breeding which is kinda slow.

--------------------
+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Dec 16 2018, 09:37 PM
Post #8358

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(jeanmichel @ Dec 16 2018, 04:14 PM) *
QUOTE(AregularFrankiefan @ Dec 17 2018, 12:51 AM) *

Well, it's funny then. I don't feel like I have missed a shiny, so it's not a problem. The real problem is That Burning Desire exploration itself. It's really terrible. It's asking far too much for Flame Orbs I won't even use. The text so far is poor and there's no illustration. I like explorations, but I won't do this one again.
Basically, it asks... (click to show)

It's just out of scale, sadly. After around 14h, the Snorlax got less than 80 correct berries. worried.gif

Yeah, though I have enough Achievements done to feasibly start that Exploration for the first time, I think I'm going to hold off on doing so for a while longer. It just doesn't seem too enjoyable...although thankfully, it's not timegated. Still, getting That Everlasting Flame is going to be a pain.

In other news - saw a Festive Makuhita Egg in the Shelter a few hours ago. Someone sniped it. sad.gif Shame.

--------------------

+Quote Post

KinaHayden
post Dec 19 2018, 11:33 AM
Post #8359

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 72 127

Active Squad

QUOTE(cereza13 @ Dec 16 2018, 06:24 PM) *
What grinds my gears...

When your shiny hunting but the eggs you need are never in the shelter so have to rely on breeding which is kinda slow.

Shiny hunting a novelty that's breedable.... but the luck I have means I only get the egg like 0.0000001% of the time. And no one donates the eggs to the shelter. RIP shiny Charmander Clone
+Quote Post

Gryphaena
post Dec 19 2018, 11:42 AM
Post #8360

She Who Can Be Voracious
Group Icon

Member No.: 79 103

My Purple Ones

QUOTE(KinaHayden @ Dec 19 2018, 08:33 AM) *
Shiny hunting a novelty that's breedable.... but the luck I have means I only get the egg like 0.0000001% of the time. And no one donates the eggs to the shelter. RIP shiny Charmander Clone

If you have enough Pass Orbs, you can use Novel Power to speed things along.

My gear grinder is hunts that have taken a year.

Looking at you, Rockruff, last year's July SWSH!

--------------------
Avatar by Cycloneblaze at Cycloneshop II

GPX+GPX+

Poliwager Poliwager
+Quote Post

427 Pages V  « < 416 417 418 419 420 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:28 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.