Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Big Dogs., Are big dogs a deadly pet?
PikaDiety
post Nov 12 2010, 11:23 PM
Post #81

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 92 309

Active Squad

In regards to people saying that dogs should be put down because they attack, I think that's completely stupid and wrong. If they attack for no reason? Yes, they should be put down. That's one thing, unprovoked attacks, but not all dog attacks are unprovoked. My dog that I had for 13 years was a spoiled queen and a little mean, she would growl for no reason, but she knew better than to bite because we'd trained her well enough. When she was younger, she had to have to surgery on her legs because of some genetic thing that was common in one of her breeds or something (I was like 8 at the time, and she was a mutt, so I don't remember the specifics). So obviously, that leg was always causing her pain and stiffness. Now, let's say my grandma (who was technically her "master", but she usually listened to me best) accidentally stepped on her injured leg. The worst that would happen is that she would snarl, for obvious reasons, but never bite. If I accidentally did the same thing, she rarely even growled.

So, one day, my dad was over with his....I think fiance at the time. So was my soon-to-be stepsister. Me and her were up in my room watching some movie on the TV and the dog came in and got on the bed. I, of course, started to tease her because that's just what I did. (The dog didn't mind this, she loved me hugging her and teasing her), and my stepsister told me to stop being mean (which I wasn't mean in the slightest), and came over and hugged the dog. Keep in mind that the dog didn't know my stepsister at this point, she was still a stranger. So my stepsister hugged her tight and then leaned on her bad leg, and she snapped. My stepsister needed two stitches above her eye. The rest of that night, they discussed possibly putting her down for it. (I locked myself in my room with the dog and sat there hugging her the rest of the night, I thiink.>.>) They finally decided against it. To this day, my dad still thinks my dog should have been put down then and there. (Even though said dog has been dead for two years now.)

Do I think my dog should have bitten her? No, of course not! Do I think she should have been put down for it? Hell no! She was technically provoked, even though it was a complete accident.

In short, just because a dog attacks doesn't mean they should be put down. Other factors need to be included. Was it provoked? Does the dog have a history of attacking or general bad temper? Etc.

/half-asleep rant
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

jhunter
post Nov 23 2010, 11:35 PM
Post #82

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 121 119

Active Squad

Pitbulls became famous because of their capabilities to watch over children and basiclly babysit them and protect them. They just have a bad rapt because they have the strongth of a thousand charizards.

My uncle has a doberman, and it's soooo nice.

You can train anything to be mean though. If you don't train your child right, they may become mean. Same thing with dogs (of any size).

--------------------
I need strong pokemon to protect me from Evil Wizards, so warm my eggs and feed my pokemon.
+Quote Post

Tokyo Oranges
post Nov 30 2010, 04:08 PM
Post #83

Don't make me go Dr.Octogonapus on you!
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 530

Soul Silver Team

Dogs like Pit bulls and rottweilers just get a bad rap, A neighbor of mine had two big rotts and they were very friendly, big dopey lovable dogs, as well as the two pit bulls that a family friend of ours had for a time.

Though i was bitten by a pit bull when I was 4, I still have the scar on my nose today, but It was my own fault, I didn't know any better and i kept trying to play with its food while it was eating.

I still don't think that they should be put down or anything, It all depends on how they're trained, you could have a extremely vicious smaller dog like a chihuahua just as you could have an incredibly docile Pit bull

--------------------
meh Babies Neeeds Lurve cat.gif

Quizzes and things oh.gif Lookie! (click to show)
+Quote Post

Xibalba
post Dec 2 2010, 07:42 PM
Post #84

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 7 716

Favorites

17th this month we'll have a dog... > presa canario
(kk it's a puppy, but still!)

Save me noes.gif the puppy is going to eat me alive. Rly!
(kk i'll have to live with it like half year. Till the summer.)

horrified.gif

Ok to be honest i really like big dogs (if they are mellow/calm/gentle most of the time.)

P.s. I love the great danes! (We have had one.)

Must... say: Ignore my mistakes grin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

The Corrosion
post Dec 4 2010, 01:47 AM
Post #85

I think I just ate a chicken bone.
Group Icon

Member No.: 71 850

HG Party

With big friendly dogs all they can do to accidentally harm you, is sit on you or lick you to death. Why do we, humans, view animals as infereor to us? Animals did not cause global warming!

--------------------
Why do n00bs exist? Find out by pressing Ctrl+W!
Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

roygbiv
post Jan 8 2011, 12:39 PM
Post #86

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 125 915

hg team

a dog is a dog big or not yorkies bite but they dont get put down a dog that attacked because it was provoked should live euthanaisa is unfair if they bit a person because it was provoked

--------------------
pokemon white friend code 3096 0916 2525
+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:46 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.