Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Abstinence or safe sex?, ...regular sex?
SEX
Sex v no sex
Chastity [ 4 ]  [13.33%]
Protected sex [ 23 ]  [76.67%]
Regular, baby maken sex [ 2 ]  [6.67%]
Sex is gross! What are you, insane? [ 1 ]  [3.33%]
Total Votes: 30
Guests cannot vote 

Reyo
post Aug 1 2010, 05:21 PM
Post #1

I'm in space...space...spacespace
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 30 281

space team

Poll coming soon.

I've looked through these specific subsection to the best of my ability and couldn't find anything on this topic. If one exist, lock this thread and direct everyone to that thread (you know...like normal).

All religious obligation aside, I chose abstinence (inb4 not by YOUR choice LOLOLOLOL) because it's pretty much the only 100% garuntee that the evils they tell you about (AIDS...babies...AIDS and babies) in reference to sex won't happen to you. If I'm wrong, tell me. The other thing is that I'm trying to treat sex like it's something more than a joke that you can gloat about your weekend with. I know that sex is no longer just for procreation thanks to the social evolution of the human race, but I just can't see myself saying "Yo man, you see that...I hit that!" with pride.

I don't try and judge people who have premarital sex (though I'll judge the living hell out of you if you say something like "Yo man, you see that...I hit that!") since, again, social evolution.

So what is it for you, and why?

Times sex has been said in this thread: 6

...wait, 7.

EDIT: Anyone know how to poll?

EDIT 2: Poll added with +3 relevance and 5% increase in curiousity.

EDIT 3: Ok, just to clarify things, this thread is under the assumption that everyone participating would, at some point, like to have relations with someone. And for the sake of argument, chastity has to do with premarital sex. If you plan on never getting married, or are gay and feel that the whole "gay marriage" thing may never get resolved, pick one of the other two...or pick any of the three. I've also added a 4th option in case sex totally grosses you out and you'll be having "none of that". Pick which one you want, I'm just some nameless, faceless entity on the internet.

This post has been edited by Reyo: Aug 2 2010, 08:01 PM

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Lester Burnham
post Aug 2 2010, 08:41 AM
Post #2

Look closer.
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 72

Active Squad

inb4 religious arguments

I'm not a religious person. I'm not going to argue "because Jesus said so". I believe in waiting for the right person, and the right time.

That being said, I don't believe that sex before marriage is wrong. I'm not saying "everybody have sex whenever" because that will spread STD's like wildfire. However, there's that human sense of instinct that you just know you're with the right person and it's the right time. Fuck the church saying "YOU'RE JUST HORNY SO PRAY TO JESUS". Instinct is the sense of when it's right. However, I believe that safe sex is necessary, especially before marriage. Even after marriage, dependent on the situation.

Fuck Natural Family Planning. Fuck it. For those of you who don't know, Natural Family Planning is the church-approved way of birth control. It doesn't involve any forms of contraception, no condoms, no pill. The idea is that, supposedly, at the time of ovulation, the cervix leaks some form of mucous, which means that the woman is almost ready to be fertile. So, if a couple wants to have sex without a baby, they wait until later, or vice-versa if they want a baby.

I'm sorry, but mucous coming from a vagina does not tell me anything. At all.

Back to the abstinence debate, I'm an out-of-wedlock baby. I was 18 months old when my parents got married. Once again, the church says it's a sin to fornicate (aka sex outside of marriage). My 18-year-old question that has never been answered: what about children of fornication? Am I a one-way ticket to hell?

So I believe that, if you know if you're with the right person and it's the right time, and you're safe, go for it. There's a right time for everything. If it's after marriage, it's after marriage. If it's before, it's before. It's not when you're 12. Enough said.

--------------------
[align=center]I am the earth-mother, and you are all flops.
[/align]
+Quote Post

Wishful Jirachi
post Aug 2 2010, 08:48 AM
Post #3

Why must all things die...even this?
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 447

~HELLO~

Abstinence

I would rather not have to deal with all the troubles that come along with it and it's much more helpful to the world to adopt a child instead of creating another. I myself don't think I would be able to handle having my own child which is a major factor and that other fact that when I do get married the guy shouldn't like me becuase of sex. He should like me for me and not care that I plan to be abstinent.

This post has been edited by Wishful Jirachi: Aug 2 2010, 09:20 AM

--------------------
Hey. Dark, Arcy if you see this, you can find me (Wishie) here:
https://www.madisonrenae.com/
https://www.facebook.com/madison.pontenberg/
+Quote Post

Lester Burnham
post Aug 2 2010, 09:11 AM
Post #4

Look closer.
Group Icon

Active Squad

I'd just like to make the quick point that abstinence means to never have sex. Ever.

Chastity is waiting until marriage to have sex and only having sex to procreate. No recreational sex.

--------------------
[/align]
+Quote Post

Wishful Jirachi
post Aug 2 2010, 09:19 AM
Post #5

Why must all things die...even this?
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 447

~HELLO~

I understand that Caesar, perhaps I worded it difficultly before.

This post has been edited by Wishful Jirachi: Aug 2 2010, 09:20 AM

--------------------
Hey. Dark, Arcy if you see this, you can find me (Wishie) here:
https://www.madisonrenae.com/
https://www.facebook.com/madison.pontenberg/
+Quote Post

Lester Burnham
post Aug 2 2010, 09:20 AM
Post #6

Look closer.
Group Icon

Active Squad

True, I just thought I'd point out the difference for reference later on.

--------------------
[/align]
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Aug 2 2010, 03:40 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

space team

QUOTE(Caesar Augustus @ Aug 2 2010, 10:20 AM) *
True, I just thought I'd point out the difference for reference later on.

dumblook.gif Good catch.

Though whenever I took a health class, the teacher would always refer to premarital abstinence as just plain abstinence.

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

+Quote Post

Galahawk
post Aug 2 2010, 06:21 PM
Post #8

Legendary Dragon Empress
Group Icon

Member No.: 21 238

Best team ever

Augustus, abstinence means no sexual contact ever. Not just sex, any sort of erotic play falls under it. Just something I'd like to add to that.
I don't really see why abstinence was removed from the poll. Some people really are hard-wired to not want to have sex at all.

In general, I support whatever the hell other people do with their sex lives. Chastity can also be questionable because some couples decide not to get married, but live their lives as if they were. *shrug*
I know all the pros and cons of sex, how to use contraceptives, etc. So if given the choice to have sex, I probably would. (but personally I think I'm gonna hold off until after college)

But really, other peoples' sex lives are none of my business, so they can do whatever they want.

This post has been edited by Galahawk: Aug 2 2010, 08:37 PM

--------------------
[align=center]
- Click Latias for my deviantART | Click Latios for my Tumblr -

[spoiler=Shinies + Fat meeps]
(Shinies are not in chronological order. I stopped caring.)[/spoiler][/align]
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Aug 2 2010, 08:03 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

space team

QUOTE(Galahawk @ Aug 2 2010, 07:21 PM) *
Augustus, abstinence means no sexual contact ever. Not just sex, any sort of erotic play falls under it. Just something I'd like to add to that.
I don't really see why abstinence was removed the poll. Some people really are hard-wired to not want to have sex at all.

Redid the poll with that in mind, though I will say that I hope I don't have to add new options in case anyone gets butthurt that I didn't add "in the ear" or any other crazy stuff like that.

--------------------

+Quote Post

bijoukaiba
post Aug 2 2010, 10:05 PM
Post #10

Proud NB Gator & writer
Group Icon

Member No.: 45 767

My Sapphires

I don't really know how to phrase this... so, in a sort of TL;DR fashion -

Abstinence/chastity is perfectly fine. It is, after all, the only 100% effective way to prevent STDs and pregnancy.

I think UNprotected sex should wait until after a couple is married, since a couple that has vowed to spend their lives together will probably be more effective at raising a child. Not saying that single parents do a bad job of raising kids, but it's probably... "easier", for lack of a better term, since there are two people that can take turns changing diapers, feeding, and caring for the baby in the middle of the night.

Protected sex is okay before marriage, but only if you're sure about it - like REALLY sure, like you truly love the person and vice-versa, and it's not some one night stand. If it were me, I would wait until I had been in the relationship for close to a year or more and it had still been a strong relationship during that time before having safe sex.

--------------------

I BLEED ORANGE AND BLUE!
+Quote Post

Handmaid
post Aug 3 2010, 01:58 AM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 29 699

Active Squad

QUOTE(bijoukaiba @ Aug 3 2010, 04:05 AM) *
I don't really know how to phrase this... so, in a sort of TL;DR fashion -

Abstinence/chastity is perfectly fine. It is, after all, the only 100% effective way to prevent STDs and pregnancy.

I think UNprotected sex should wait until after a couple is married, since a couple that has vowed to spend their lives together will probably be more effective at raising a child. Not saying that single parents do a bad job of raising kids, but it's probably... "easier", for lack of a better term, since there are two people that can take turns changing diapers, feeding, and caring for the baby in the middle of the night.

Protected sex is okay before marriage, but only if you're sure about it - like REALLY sure, like you truly love the person and vice-versa, and it's not some one night stand. If it were me, I would wait until I had been in the relationship for close to a year or more and it had still been a strong relationship during that time before having safe sex.

What exactly is wrong with one night stands, though? There's no added risks if the same precautions (protection and such) are taken.

--------------------

+Quote Post

LiteSpeed
post Aug 3 2010, 02:08 AM
Post #12

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 39 978

hue

Both are pretty dangerous I'm guessing.

Protected sex can risk it, with broken condoms and such, etc.

Abstinence however imo would probably lead to sexual buildup eventually. Thus rape or something.

Protected sex would have to get my vote though.

Just my two cents worth.

--------------------

+Quote Post

GenericGirlName
post Aug 3 2010, 02:38 AM
Post #13

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 185

Active Squad

I voted Safe sex.

And I wont even voice my opinions on other stuff for fear of butt hurting everyone.

--------------------
Huh.
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Aug 3 2010, 09:23 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

space team

QUOTE(LiteSpeed @ Aug 3 2010, 03:08 AM) *

Abstinence however imo would probably lead to sexual buildup eventually. Thus rape or something.

Just my two cents worth.

Rape isn't the only thing that could come from sexual buildup. One activity in particular is very popular, yet no man on earth would ever admit it face to face.

This post has been edited by Reyo: Aug 3 2010, 09:30 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Handmaid
post Aug 3 2010, 09:39 AM
Post #15

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 29 699

Active Squad

QUOTE(Reyo @ Aug 3 2010, 03:23 PM) *
QUOTE(LiteSpeed @ Aug 3 2010, 03:08 AM) *

Just my two cents worth.

Rape isn't the only thing that could come from sexual buildup. One activity in particular is very popular, yet no man on earth would ever admit it face to face.

*snorts*

And LiteSpeed, as far as my understanding goes, rape is more power driven than it is sex driven.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Annakyoyama358
post Aug 3 2010, 10:07 AM
Post #16

Captain of the KaiRei Ship
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 269

My top 6 Most wanted

Personally, I don't think it matters when you have sex. If your comfortable with one night stands, have fun. I wasn't okay with the emotional or physical reprocussions of that. You don't know that guy, he could be a freaking stalker psycho.

I waited until I was in love, then we BOTH got tested for STDs (even though we were both virgins) and used a condom until I went on the Depo Provera shot. no we have 'unprotected' sex (as in no condom) because we're not worried about STDs and i'm on a shot that basically puts me past menopause until I stop using it. (BONUS: I haven't bled out my vagina in YEARS!)

--------------------

Feel free to PM me if you'd like me to gift you any Level 1-8 trinket happy.gif

If you have these trinkets, please let me know what you'd like to trade!
- Zombified "B" Slab - Wymsified "W" Slab - Froakie Plushie - Dreamball Walker - Withered Gracidia Flower - Poochyena Chew

Ultimate Goal:
Complete the eevee.gif Eevee eevee.gif Evolutions.... AS SHINIES
jolteon.gif flareon.gif
Obtained:
vaporeon.gif umbreon.gif espeon.gif leafeon.gif glaceon.gif :sylveon:
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Aug 3 2010, 02:14 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

space team

QUOTE(Annakyoyama358 @ Aug 3 2010, 11:07 AM) *
Personally, I don't think it matters when you have sex. If your comfortable with one night stands, have fun. I wasn't okay with the emotional or physical reprocussions of that. You don't know that guy, he could be a freaking stalker psycho.

I waited until I was in love, then we BOTH got tested for STDs (even though we were both virgins) and used a condom until I went on the Depo Provera shot. no we have 'unprotected' sex (as in no condom) because we're not worried about STDs and i'm on a shot that basically puts me past menopause until I stop using it. (BONUS: I haven't bled out my vagina in YEARS!)

Is that healthy? That doesn't sound very healthy, but then again I'm not you and you're not me. Whatever makes you happy.

*glares uneasily*

--------------------

+Quote Post

Lester Burnham
post Aug 3 2010, 02:18 PM
Post #18

Look closer.
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Reyo @ Aug 3 2010, 03:14 PM) *

Is that healthy? That doesn't sound very healthy, but then again I'm not you and you're not me. Whatever makes you happy.

*glares uneasily*

Depo Provera is birth control, Reyo. It works almost like the pill. Women don't ovulate, and thus don't go through the rest of the menstrual cycle.

--------------------
[/align]
+Quote Post

Annakyoyama358
post Aug 3 2010, 07:05 PM
Post #19

Captain of the KaiRei Ship
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 269

My top 6 Most wanted

QUOTE(Caesar Augustus @ Aug 3 2010, 03:18 PM) *
QUOTE(Reyo @ Aug 3 2010, 03:14 PM) *

*glares uneasily*

Depo Provera is birth control, Reyo. It works almost like the pill. Women don't ovulate, and thus don't go through the rest of the menstrual cycle.

This. Depo is the shot that lasts 3 months. A common side effect is not having periods, just like girls on yaz, or who take the pill and skip the sugar pills once a month.
There's no health risk to not having a period (It's true! ^_^.gif). In fact, no period, means VERY slim chance of accidentally having a baby, plus, soooooo much more comfortable. No cramps, no gross pads/tampons, no grumpiness.... It's heaven.
Plus, I only have to remember to take it 4 times a year. I'd never remember to take a pill every day. XD

I personally think it's great. I learned about it in 17 magazine. Pathetic I know, but my sex-ed class didn't cover it, only condoms, the pill, and diaphrams. It's pathetic t hat I saw more options in a magazine! I had no idea that shots, nuvaring, and iud's existed.

--------------------

Feel free to PM me if you'd like me to gift you any Level 1-8 trinket happy.gif

If you have these trinkets, please let me know what you'd like to trade!
- Zombified "B" Slab - Wymsified "W" Slab - Froakie Plushie - Dreamball Walker - Withered Gracidia Flower - Poochyena Chew

Ultimate Goal:
Complete the eevee.gif Eevee eevee.gif Evolutions.... AS SHINIES
jolteon.gif flareon.gif
Obtained:
vaporeon.gif umbreon.gif espeon.gif leafeon.gif glaceon.gif :sylveon:
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Aug 3 2010, 07:17 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

space team

Well as long as it's a normal side effect of the pill I see no issue with it. I just remember that women also lose their periods when they have too low a percent body fat, which usually ends with infertility (which is considered a health risk to some people). If the ovulation continues if you stop taking the pills then there shouldn't be an issue with it.

PS, I figured it was birth control since you said that you stopped using a condom after starting it. I've just never heard of one that stops ovulation. It's all fine though.

This post has been edited by Reyo: Aug 3 2010, 07:19 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:23 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.