Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Egg descriptions in italic in the Lab, Bug or feature ?
DrSnap
post Mar 5 2017, 07:30 PM
Post #1

Ghost with 108 souls
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 87 880

Nightmarez

Well, it's pretty self-explanatory...
I think that since the Flabébé Shiny Hunt, new eggs (or corruptible eggs) appear in italic in the Lab, and I think they shouldn't be. It feels like a bug, it's not useful, and it makes summonning an unpleasant time.

So, is it a bug, or an actual thing now ? Is it here to stay ? Do you have plans for this ?
Thanks in advance ^^

--------------------

~~ ~~
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Shadow Fennekin
post Mar 5 2017, 09:54 PM
Post #2

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 14 137

Platinum team

I believe that is for the SWSH actually.
During the last one, the Alola starters were in italics. And I noticed the Oracarios are italic now while I've been checking the egg count at the lab for summoning.

--------------------
+Quote Post

DrSnap
post Mar 6 2017, 05:32 AM
Post #3

Ghost with 108 souls
Group Icon

Member No.: 87 880

Nightmarez

Nope, all the 7th gen Pokémon are in italic, and eggs that can be corrupted (like Pidgey) are too, it's been months if not years...

--------------------

~~ ~~
+Quote Post

Cycloneblaze
post Mar 6 2017, 01:50 PM
Post #4

The Blue Comet
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 93 314

snappers

This started back around the time the site moved to the new server, I think? Or around the time of Misquaza / that Mismagius Novelty's release, anyway. At that point every egg of a Pokémon that could be changed in some way other than evolving (Kyogre, which can Mega Evolve i.e. change form, Rayquaza that can change to Misquaza, Pidgey that can be corrupted while an egg into Pudgy Pidgey, to name a few) started to appear with their descriptions in the Lab in a different font.

Oddly enough it was retroactive, and seemed to affect all such eggs that could be found in the lab (I can't think of any counterexamples?). That plus the fact that the new appearance of the text was exactly the same as the way all Lab descriptions were back when GPX+ launched made me think it was on purpose.

Since then though every new egg that's been added to the site, notably all the Gen 7 eggs, also have this old font. And when asked the staff have (in my experience; this is mostly from the Discord) gone very vaguely between "it's prrrrrrobbably a bug?" and "it's totally definitely not a feature wink.gif".

Anyway I don't really care except that it does make summoning a bit more awkward, but it is very curious and I'd like an answer on it if there is one oh.gif

It is a bug:

Exactly what the problem is, I (and the staff it seems) don't know, but it's not intentional.
Someone figured it out:
QUOTE(Spades Slick @ Jun 16 2017, 07:48 PM) *
Whenever changes are made to a Pokemon on the site, the server basically "re-initializes" their egg's lab text. This server uses a different font pack for the text than the previous one did, however, causing the text to be italicized. We recently updated the Gen V Pokemon with their German names, so that caused their egg text to change, too.

Just putting this here for completeness.

This post has been edited by Cycloneblaze: Jun 18 2017, 07:15 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:21 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.