Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
I just got my first new deck in a year...
Samphyre
post May 26 2009, 02:45 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 24 936

Active Squad

I was in town earlier and had a bit of cash leftover so I thought I'd go buy some pokémon cards... nothing big, just a couple of expansion packs. Walked into the shop and saw they had decks for Ł6, so I got the Royal Frost theme deck. Got home and found m Empoleon X card from a while back, and the deck has a normal Empoleon in it so you can probably guess I was pretty happy ^_^.gif
Planning to dig out my other cards at some point, I think they're in the storage unit down the road... anyone got any tips for deck building? My current one is just a slightly modified version of the Royal Frost deck, a couple more magnetons, an onix and a steelix among a couple of others, but once I get all my old cards I'll have some crazy amounts of pretty much every energy type of pokémon. I plan on having 2 or 3 types in each deck with some energy/trainer cards too, thoughts?
Oh and does anyone else get really frustrated when they want to play but have nobody who owns any cards/knows how to play? sad.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Dar Ksereth
post May 26 2009, 06:00 PM
Post #2

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 614

My favorite party

Well thats nice, decks over here are 20 bucks, i usually make my decks monocolored, but i am making a garchomp/tyranitar/darkrai deck, and might add a dusknoir.

basically, either monocolors with normal, or bi.

and yes, beating my bros over and over is boring, as not having anyone else to play against

--------------------
The One and Only

Viral

you are compelled to poke them.
+Quote Post

ROMANA
post May 27 2009, 04:18 AM
Post #3

Connie Plinth
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 11 833

Connie's Team

Ł6? Nice! The last ones we bought were the world championship decks and they were about Ł9 in one place but Ł13 in the big toy shop in town! Lindley and I only really play against each other but apparently we have a TCG type club meeting relatively near us of a Sunday morning but have yet to go and try it out. They're pretty laid back, as far as we can tell and we can go and start off with our theme decks, yay!

Any of these near you, CardboardFish? http://www.op.pokemon-tcg.com/league/locator/

--------------------
+Quote Post

cookie lord puls...
post May 27 2009, 04:28 AM
Post #4

^da notched eared lucario^
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 208

me freinds =)

Ł6 where did you get it the closest place where i live i get them for Ł11
but i sometimes base mine around a theme deck but i like custom decks get decks for some hard to get cards and energies thats usually my plan
+Quote Post

Samphyre
post May 27 2009, 08:20 AM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 24 936

Active Squad

I get my decks from the newsagents in town. There were some for Ł10 or so, but most of them were Ł6 grin.gif

@ROMANA, nearest league is Norwich which is an hour or so away from me, but I may go check it out some time.. thanks for the link! <3
+Quote Post

Lucy C
post May 27 2009, 09:11 AM
Post #6

Castiel = yummy
Group Icon

Member No.: 22 237

-<3-

I hardly ever bought decks, i stuck to boosters

My best deck was Called 3G ..it had three gardevoirs in that kicked ass along with an espeon. It was a physhic/normal i think ...though it probably changed regularly

--------------------

~is not really back...but kind of is...~
+Quote Post

Sanakitty
post May 27 2009, 09:35 PM
Post #7

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 3 525

Active Squad

I almost never buy decks, I have 30 of ever energy (except metal and dark...) so I don't need those, and I don't want to pay for a bunch of cards I'd definitely get in boosters with one rare or two. Team Rocket ones I swoop up though cat.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th June 2024 - 07:08 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.