Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Andy Brunaire, I... uhh... did post this right, right? Or left? (ugh...)
nitrodog96
post Jun 17 2013, 06:57 PM
Post #1

bewm
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: In a burning ring of fire, channeling the power of the flames.
Member No.: 61 870

Platinum Team

Name: Andy Brunaire

Hometown: Jillius

Appearance: Medium-length red and orange hair that he has turned into a ponytail at the back. He has blue eyes, a great tan and a face near covered in freckles. Andy usually wears a red t-shirt with a picture of a Pokéball on it, black shorts, flip-flops and a black baseball cap to keep the sun out of his eyes.

Personality: Andy is a shy teen who loves being around Pokémon so much they make up most of his friends. This is probably because they were his only family when he was growing up. He is also an excellent athlete, having trained with Ponytas and Rapidashes.

Biography: After waking up in the middle of a clearing in a forest at 4, Andy had no idea where he was or where he came from. He could only remember two things: that he was born in Jillius of the Furoh Region, and the date of his birthday.

After discovering that he had a natural sense of direction and could easily figure out his location in relation to other places, he quickly befriended the Pokémon that lived near the clearing. He lived a carefree life of running around the forest with an Axew and a Stantler who had basically adopted him. That is, until he turned 7...

At 7, he found a backpack about seventeen and a half meters southeast of the clearing. Inside it, he found some items that would prove precious: an Ultra Ball, 3 Potions and a Town Map of the Furoh Region he knew he was born in. He found an Oran Berry, squished it and used the juice to mark the approximate location of the clearing. He would come back some other time, to find the Pokémon again. He left for Jillius that day.

When he reached Jillius, he found out that his parents were very once very poor. When they had him, they realized they could never feed three people, so they took him to a foster home and left him there for a few years. After then, the owner of the foster home could not support him. He notified Andy's parents and told them to come and pick him up. When they did, he had turned 3, and his birthday was tomorrow. They took him out to the clearing and left him there, after his mom had shed many tears. He then returned to the clearing and caught a female Ponyta, naming it Amber. It hated to be in a Pokéball, so Andy let it walk beside him.

After a few months of living in Jillius, he decided to head back to the clearing to catch some more Pokémon. He then bought 3 Great Balls and set off on his journey.

When he arrived, a tiny male Teddiursa ran into the clearing, quickly chased by a large male Machop. He quickly caught the Machop, and the Teddiursa was so grateful it let Andy catch it. The Teddiursa was later named Sora and the Machop was named Max just after. Neither of them liked being in a Pokéball, so they walked beside him as well. He realized that he was now feared by the rest of the inhabitants of Jillius, and left shortly after on his Pokémon journey after buying a Bicycle.

Class: Trainer

Starting Pokémon:

Ponyta
Nickname: Amber
Ability: Flash Fire
Lv: 7
Moves: Tackle, Ember, Quick Attack, Tail Whip

Teddiursa
Nickname: Sora
Ability: Quick Feet
Lv: 6
Moves: Tackle, Quick Attack, Leer, Attract

Machop
Nickname: Max
Ability: Guts
Lv: 7
Moves: Tackle, Mach Punch

Items: 3x Potions, Town Map, 4x Oran Berries, Bicycle, 1x Ultra Ball

What is the biscuit's name? Scheherazade

6:29 PM Server Time, Tuesday June 18 2013: Edited.

7:58 PM Server Time, Saturday June 22 2013: Edited. Level total now 20.

This post has been edited by MasteroftheFlames: Jul 22 2014, 07:41 PM

--------------------
I used to be Cyogre, ILoveTaillowHesCute, TaillowIsCuteAndCool, Tart Spop, Tartius Spopius, Tartii, King of the Eevees and MasteroftheFlames. If you know me under any of those names, yeah, that's me.

In-Game Teams (click to show)

Hoping to get Social Networking! I'd really appreciate an add.

Arcanine! (click to show)

Miscellaneous (click to show)

Credits (click to show)

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jun 17 2013, 10:16 PM
Post #2

Omar comin'
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 745

PANE

Hi Tartii,

So, I like the profile for the most part. The only thing I don't buy is that he was left in the woods at 4 years old. A parent who can't support their child gets help, they don't abandon them. Furoh is a relatively modern place, there would surely be government support for people like them.

So, I guess we're assuming he just has the worst mother in the world, which is fine. Builds character. I definitely don't believe that a 4 year old can survive in the woods without help.

I think this is a great opportunity, though. Rather than trying to make a 4 year old survive on his own, make it so he was adopted by some pokemon! They saw a very young child in need and accepted him in their group, kinda like Tarzan. And the Axew and Stantler as "friends" aren't enough. A 4 year old needs a family to care for him, otherwise he can't get food and he can't build himself shelter.

That's just my suggestion. Obviously he's your character, you can come up with something else if you want. But he needs to have been helped by someone or something if he's gonna survive in the woods at four years old.

That's really the only issue I have. Other than that, it's a good profile. Your character has some depth, and you have a lot of story potential.

--------------------

[spoiler=PANE - Justin Smart]
Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
Currently In: Zoobreak!
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]
[spoiler=PANE - Jill Laurent]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Currently In: Back in the Zone[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Uprising - Abraham West]Magma - Grunt
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
Currently In: Interception!
:piloswine: :elekid: :shellder:[/spoiler]
+Quote Post

nitrodog96
post Jun 18 2013, 05:27 PM
Post #3

bewm
Group Icon

Platinum Team

QUOTE(Yzarc Drowsnam @ Jun 17 2013, 08:16 PM) *
So, I guess we're assuming he just has the worst mother in the world, which is fine. Builds character. I definitely don't believe that a 4 year old can survive in the woods without help.

Haha, that reminds me of "Calvin and Hobbes" comics when I was younger. I'll probably edit the post in a few secs, just gonna look thru Safari and Shelter on GPX+. Just realized I derped when I switched from Kokona Village to Jillius in between two paragraphs. I'll change that, too.

--------------------
I used to be Cyogre, ILoveTaillowHesCute, TaillowIsCuteAndCool, Tart Spop, Tartius Spopius, Tartii, King of the Eevees and MasteroftheFlames. If you know me under any of those names, yeah, that's me.

Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jun 20 2013, 12:48 AM
Post #4

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

Cool, that was a little confusing. Go ahead and PM me when you make the other changes I mentioned, since it won't automatically refresh.

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jun 20 2013, 01:34 AM
Post #5

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

Also, please note that your total levels is at 15, right now. You can have up to 20, meaning you have 5 more levels you can distribute between Ponyta, Teddiursa and Machop. There's no need to hinder yourself like that.

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

nitrodog96
post Jun 20 2013, 10:06 AM
Post #6

bewm
Group Icon

Platinum Team

Oh, ok. That should be good. I'll PM Yzarc in a minute or so after I distribute the other levels between Amber, Sora and Max.

--------------------

Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jun 22 2013, 11:02 AM
Post #7

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

Okay, I'll go ahead and approve this.

I'm not sure if this is on purpose, but your levels are still below twenty.

7+5+6=18, so if you want you can throw two more levels on there.

Go post in the Current Levels thread, and I hope you have fun!

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:34 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.