Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
The Newer Era? Brainstorm topic, Building the Next Pane
Toogee
post Jan 1 2016, 06:12 PM
Post #1

Weak Livered Milk Drinker
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 208

And a Golurk

The majority has voted to reboot PANE. This is the discussion thread on what we want to see. Here's a few questions we should discuss:

1. Do you want to keep Furoh?

There is a lot of history in Furoh. Years and years of people adding stuff made it what it is today. We shouldn't be too quick to throw all of that aside. Perhaps all we need is to tell new stories in this fabled land.

On the other hand, perhaps its time for a new generation to make their own Furoh, so to speak. Maybe a new setting is what's needed to revitalize activity.

2. What do you want to see, storywise?

Though PANE doesn't really have a main story, there is usually some setting that helped set up RPs. Originally, PANE took place 50 years after 5 trainers founded the main cities of the continent. The Lenoilia incident helped set up some conflict and history that could be explored by players. Team Deception was later introduced; they were featured in lots of RPs (some memories bittersweet, like the Deceptcopter or something :P). Are there things you want brought back? Anything new you want to see?

3. What do you want to see, mechanics-wise

I haven't heard anything bad about our leveling system (at least, I don't remember). Basically, half of the levels are distributed based on writing quality, encouraging players to write reasonably detailed posts. You could say this was an edutainment RP! A portion were based on participation (You didn't leave the RP for an extended period of time). Another portion was based on battles. If there was something that I would change, it would be this. I feel this forced players to find a reason to battle. Sometimes, fighting won't solve your problems. I don't want to discourage peaceful RPs, so maybe base these points on some other factor?

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

Credit for 2gamer's Seel of Approval (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Toogee
post Jun 6 2016, 02:22 PM
Post #2

Weak Livered Milk Drinker
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 208

And a Golurk

I highly doubt PANE would be any more successful on a random forum than here. I just don't see us getting the traffic. If we put it on another forum, it would be an established one with an active RP section. Also, Furoh isn't my creation, so I wouldn't feel comfortable taking it and putting it elsewhere.

I'm also not sure if there is still an interest in this. I've been busy, so I haven't really been able to build this. Sorry to say, I'm not really pumped to get back in the mod seat and run this.

If you really want a pokemon RP, I can recommend some places if you PM me.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

Credit for 2gamer's Seel of Approval (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Toogee   The Newer Era? Brainstorm topic   Jan 1 2016, 06:12 PM
Jonahman10   I think my responses to 1 & 2 are tied togethe...   Jan 2 2016, 12:16 AM
SilverLugia456   After reading Jonahman10's post I agree with a...   Jan 2 2016, 12:45 PM
7eeveelutions   For 1 and 2, I really don't have any opinion. ...   Jan 4 2016, 04:12 PM
nitrodog96   1. I honestly think that some massive impact would...   Jan 23 2016, 12:21 AM
Toogee   So right now, the consensus is to keep Furoh, but ...   Jan 24 2016, 08:26 AM
7eeveelutions   [quote 3. On leveling: Let me ask this: what would...   Jan 24 2016, 03:40 PM
nitrodog96   QUOTEFinally, development on this is going to be s...   Jan 27 2016, 01:10 AM
Rasu   Building onto the natural disaster idea, an extrem...   Jan 27 2016, 10:35 AM
Toogee   After reading everything, I'm going to attempt...   Feb 5 2016, 10:54 AM
7eeveelutions   That works for me. It also gives me all sorts of i...   Feb 5 2016, 03:01 PM
Rasu   Yeah, I like it. Do you already have any of the fe...   Feb 5 2016, 07:31 PM
nitrodog96   I'm perfectly fine with that, but I'm curi...   Feb 5 2016, 11:29 PM
Toogee   I have some laws in mind, but nothing concrete. ...   Feb 5 2016, 11:33 PM
7eeveelutions   It would be really interesting if someone made a c...   Feb 6 2016, 01:49 AM
Toogee   QUOTE(7eeveelutions @ Feb 6 2016, 12:49 A...   Feb 6 2016, 12:08 PM
Jonahman10   This seems to have stalled a bit, but I have to sa...   Mar 20 2016, 03:23 PM
Toogee   QUOTE(Jonahman10 @ Mar 20 2016, 03:23 PM)...   Apr 11 2016, 09:10 AM
Douken Sota   Hey guys, been a long time since I've been her...   Jun 6 2016, 12:22 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:28 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.