Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Favourite/Least Favourite Apps?, For Android, iOS & Windows phones~
Wastelander
post Oct 3 2013, 05:44 AM
Post #1

True king
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 2 552

The Runaways

Tried searching for a similar thread, but couldn't find any so....yeah. Similarly, if this is in the wrong forum, I'm sorry.

What are the applications, or apps, as they're more affectionately called, do you love? What ones do you loathe? Share all here!

I've got an old Android and the apps that I've come to love are Dragon Story & Monster Story (though I haven't played either in ages), Jewels Star, DragonRush, Coin Dozer, Temple Run, 4 Pics 1 Word, Pets Live, Dumb Ways, Plague Inc. and Amazing Alex.

All games as you can see but, I also like to use This Day In History, ES File Explorer and TuneIn Radio.

Then if I had to choose an app I didn't like I would say Candy Crush. It doesn't play well on my android and I don't see what's the attraction. It's just another generic copy of Bejewelled to me.

What about evereyone else?

--------------------

Software engineer by day. Hermit writer by night.
nothing is impossible chasing a super hero on the run
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Emmagurd
post Oct 3 2013, 05:13 PM
Post #2

Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo
Group Icon

Member No.: 36 116

Mamolicious

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2, and the Facebook app is absolutely APPALLING. If there's one app that is guaranteed to hack me off, it's that one xD I'm also pretty annoyed with the Zombie Lane app. I loved the game on Facebook, so when I got this phone and saw there was that game, I was all excited. The updates for it came quick. And then the developers just stopped. I spent real money on that game, not much, but enough, and I've completed every mission. And they haven't updated it for over a year now. If not longer. Ugh.

The apps I love are the Twitter app, Instagram, Whisper, and the Despicable Me game, Minion Rush I think it is xD Like, I will literally spend hours on it.

--------------------

I do gaming videos! grin.gif Please have a look!
Emmagurd's Youtube

My fiancé does gaming videos for Minecraft, PVK and other stuff! Please take a look! grin.gif
DavidiansLair's Youtube

Made by Bonnie Clyde

+Quote Post

Wastelander
post Oct 4 2013, 04:57 PM
Post #3

True king
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 552

The Runaways

Oh yes, I hate the Facebook app on my Samsung Galaxy S Plus. Hell, the Facebook App works better on my really old Sony Ericcson W850i phone, and that's saying something!

--------------------

Software engineer by day. Hermit writer by night.
nothing is impossible chasing a super hero on the run
+Quote Post

Letan
post Oct 5 2013, 02:41 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 1 219

Lugia Hype

I have yet to try it since I'm waiting on the next update (community languages), but Duolingo seems awesome for learning new languages. It's very limited right now with about 5-6 languages, but once the community update comes out there'll be far more options. Not only is it completely free, but it's also a "gameified" way of learning. I've got it on iOS, though it might be on Android too.

For Android, SwiftKey is great for swipe typing. I'm a bit slow with touchscreen keyboards, but this remedies it. There's a free trial, but the paid version is only like $3 and you can customize the SwiftKey interface.

--------------------
[align=center]

=- Game Dev, currently making a game called Cursed Seasons. I tweet about it sometimes. -=
http://cursedseasons.tumblr.com/
Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post Oct 9 2013, 07:21 PM
Post #5

A learning vessel of several lessons to make me more clever.
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 405

My Loves

Seconding Duolingo and SwiftKey (and I'm the one who suggested the latter, too!). They are excellent for language learning and typing quickly.

There's an Android version of f.lux called EazyEyez, and while it doesn't have gradual tinting yet, it still works the same way as the computer version. Basically, it changes the color temperature of your phone so that it's not as glaringly bright at night. happy.gif I love it.

Coupons and RetailMeNot are great for finding deals at stores both online and offline. I've used it quite a few times at Michaels, for instance.

mSecure is good for remembering passwords, Lookout is good for keeping track of your phone if it's lost and also tracking potentially harmful apps, MyBackupPro is a good backup solution for apps... I could go on, but I guess these are some more utilitarian things.

Artistic people might get a kick out of Infinite Painter or Infinite Design as well as Sketchbook Mobile. There's also Pixlr Express for photo effects, and PicFrame or PhotoFrame for nice collages.

For games, I like Super Hexagon. It's extremely simple but notoriously hard. Also Magic Piano if you're musical. happy.gif

--------------------

Check my GPXPlus journal to see what I contributed to the site!

Interested in a commission? PM me.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 03:19 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.