Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Read before you post!

Please make sure to check the GPX+ Help Page before posting!

The GPX+ Help Page has a wealth of information. Please help prevent clutter in this forum by first checking the Help Page before you post a thread.

281 Pages V  « < 268 269 270 271 272 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Quick Question Quick Answer, if you don't want to make a new topic for only one question
NefariousKing
post Feb 16 2020, 09:23 PM
Post #5381

absolutely reprehensible behavior
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 176 544

Fiendish Delights

Where can I find a Toxic Orb? I'm getting back into the game after an on-and-off hiatus. I need one for an Altaria, but I'm pretty sure I haven't seen that item on the site before.

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Level-X
post Feb 16 2020, 11:49 PM
Post #5382

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 170 583

Squad

QUOTE(NefariousKing @ Feb 16 2020, 08:23 PM) *
Where can I find a Toxic Orb? I'm getting back into the game after an on-and-off hiatus. I need one for an Altaria, but I'm pretty sure I haven't seen that item on the site before.

You can find a Toxic Orb in the Prize Shop or the Underground! grin.gif

--------------------
GPX+ Shiny Tracker (v3.1.1) last updated on Oct. 16, 2023

» » » We can help you a lot quicker through the Discord compared to the Forums! « « «

+Quote Post

NefariousKing
post Feb 17 2020, 12:11 AM
Post #5383

absolutely reprehensible behavior
Group Icon

Member No.: 176 544

Fiendish Delights

QUOTE(Level-X @ Feb 16 2020, 10:49 PM) *
QUOTE(NefariousKing @ Feb 16 2020, 08:23 PM) *

You can find a Toxic Orb in the Prize Shop or the Underground! grin.gif

Thanks a bunch! I'll keep an eye on the Prize Shop then. ^_^.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

TwiliTerror
post Feb 17 2020, 05:01 PM
Post #5384

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 41 913

Extreme Team

I've got a few questions, don't be surprised if sound silly, I'm still brushing off the rust of my knowledge of this site after a long hiatus.

1. What are the ways to get the Cap evolution items? Besides the Prize Shop, guessing only the underground?

2. I'm confused on how placing in the poke hunts work... Shinies don't seem to trump most of the other steps and Mega evolving doesn't seem to do much.

3. If I get an Egg from one of the vouchers that are guaranteed to give you a shiny and then corrupt it, would it still be shiny?

4. When breeding certain novelties that share a similar egg sprite with their non-novelty counterpart, are there any identifiers to tell them apart?

--------------------
GPX:
+Quote Post

Level-X
post Feb 18 2020, 01:31 AM
Post #5385

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 170 583

Squad

QUOTE(TwiliTer @ Feb 17 2020, 04:01 PM) *
I've got a few questions, don't be surprised if sound silly, I'm still brushing off the rust of my knowledge of this site after a long hiatus.

1. What are the ways to get the Cap evolution items? Besides the Prize Shop, guessing only the underground?

2. I'm confused on how placing in the poke hunts work... Shinies don't seem to trump most of the other steps and Mega evolving doesn't seem to do much.

3. If I get an Egg from one of the vouchers that are guaranteed to give you a shiny and then corrupt it, would it still be shiny?

4. When breeding certain novelties that share a similar egg sprite with their non-novelty counterpart, are there any identifiers to tell them apart?

1. Yes, you can get all the caps through the Underground, and the Kalos Cap through the Battle Tower. The easiest way of getting Cap Items is through hatching Pichu, imo. Sometimes Pichu will hatch with a Cap Voucher that will allow you to pick and choose what Cap you want. Keep in mind, it's a rare chance, but Pichu do hatch quick!

2. Soo.. Shinies don't really mean nothing in terms of the Poke Hunt. What you want is a Rare Pokemon that evolves twice with High IVs, and the longer it takes to hatch the Pokemon, the better. When I say, "High IVs" I mean at least a total of 145. Mega Evolution doesn't give it any benefit. So for example in a Fire Poke Hunt since all the egg bases are 5K you can use Charizard, using a Mega Charizard Y won't place you any further. But for example a Dragon Hunt you could use a Salamence with lower IVs since it's a 10K egg, or you could evolve Charizard to Mega Charizard X because it's a Dragon type. If people enter a 145IV Salamence you'd want a 155+ Mega Charizard. So when you have that option: you can choose to have lower IVs on a Pokemon that takes longer to hatch, or have higher IVs on a Pokemon that hatches faster.

3. Yes! As long as it's a voucher that has 'Sh.' in front of the name the Pokemon will always hatch shiny no matter what you do! Another good idea is starting a Hunt of that Pokemon in the Shine Recorder to unlock the 'Finishing a Shiny Hunt in 1 Egg achievement'.

4. Nope. sad.gif But the only two I think that do that are Bidofo and Heart Eevee.

--------------------
GPX+ Shiny Tracker (v3.1.1) last updated on Oct. 16, 2023

» » » We can help you a lot quicker through the Discord compared to the Forums! « « «

+Quote Post

Gema J Gall
post Mar 8 2020, 12:25 PM
Post #5386

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 970

Active Squad

Concerning shiny Unown.

For example, say a player has all 28 Unown and then also gets a shiny Unown A, but wants to continue shiny hunting other Unowns through the exploration. Will the exploration continue to give a random Unown egg, including Unown A, or will the exploration exclude Unown A (or at least make it less likely to be generated) since this player already has a regular Unown A and a shiny Unown A (as well at regular, non-shiny B-!)?

I hope that makes sense.

--------------------

"All dreams are but another reality. Don't forget."
+Quote Post

Acquiescence
post Mar 18 2020, 02:17 PM
Post #5387

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 258 414

Active Squad

I haven't been here in awhile, so I apologize if my question has a blatantly obvious answer that I'm not noticing.

I'm pretty sure I'm eligible to change my name, as I haven't changed it since last year. But I cannot find the area in my settings to change it. I wanted to change my name to Brightshine; where do I go to change my name?
+Quote Post

Hibiki Kohaku
post Mar 21 2020, 06:53 PM
Post #5388

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 246 782

Active Squad

So when does the lab not have as many eggs? Every single time I want to summon I can never find it due to overpopulation of eggs but if I were to hold every summoning item I had until the lab was in a good state to summon I'd have 3 years worth of summon items still stockpiled. When does it drop to a reasonable amount?

--------------------
"A man with confidence shall not lose; only doubt will bring defeat."
+Quote Post

Gryphaena
post Mar 21 2020, 07:01 PM
Post #5389

She Who Can Be Voracious
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 79 103

My Purple Ones

I'd wait for a non-multiplier day when there's around 500 eggs in the Lab.

How low are you waiting eggs to be?

--------------------
Avatar by Cycloneblaze at Cycloneshop II

GPX+GPX+

Poliwager Poliwager
+Quote Post

Monca
post Apr 1 2020, 01:07 PM
Post #5390

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 52 412

Active Squad

With which pokémon I can use Party Hat and Terrifying Top Hat? I don't find a place talking/explain about these items.
+Quote Post

pumpkinking0192
post Apr 1 2020, 05:45 PM
Post #5391

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 141

Active Squad

QUOTE(Monca @ Apr 1 2020, 01:07 PM) *
With which pokémon I can use Party Hat and Terrifying Top Hat? I don't find a place talking/explain about these items.

If you go to your Dex and type the item name into the "Evolutions" field of the search bar, it'll pull up anything that evolves using that item (provided that you have the unevolved Pokemon registered in your Dex).

Party Hat is for Wurmple, and Terrifying Top Hat is for Squirtle.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Targaryen
post Apr 1 2020, 08:07 PM
Post #5392

Mother of Dragons
Group Icon

Member No.: 41 261

Favorites

Was the Duraludon YOTR voucher exclusive and that's why it's not in the Prize Shop during Prize+?

--------------------

+Quote Post

yellowsofa
post Apr 2 2020, 05:42 PM
Post #5393

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 166 000

FAVOURITE

One of this months explorations is "Needing a Friend". I've previously attempted this, but got stuck on a certain task. I can't remember what number it is, but it requires that you obtain 3 Swablu from the safari zone. Now, last time, I didn't see ANY. Not a single one. Is there any other way to complete that task? Because otherwise it seems down to chance horrified.gif

--------------------
Please click my pretties

Banner and avatar made by Cycloneblaze at Cycloneshop II

Extras (click to show)

+Quote Post

KissMyAspergers
post Apr 5 2020, 09:18 AM
Post #5394

Your Resident Grouch
Group Icon

Member No.: 13 842

Active Squad

QUOTE(Hibiki Kohaku @ Mar 21 2020, 07:53 PM) *
So when does the lab not have as many eggs? Every single time I want to summon I can never find it due to overpopulation of eggs but if I were to hold every summoning item I had until the lab was in a good state to summon I'd have 3 years worth of summon items still stockpiled. When does it drop to a reasonable amount?

Do yourself a favour and stock up on Pass Orbs and Repels.

When it's a legendary Pokemon you already have, wait until there are 500 or fewer eggs in the lab and use the Pass Power that gives you extra time to search for the egg you summoned.

However, it it's a pokemon you don't have, the easiest way - and I DO mean the easiest - is to summon the egg, and then go to the lab and use a repel to get rid of any eggs already in your dex. As long as you have pretty much all the basic eggs available, really the only egg that should show up is your summoned legendary. You have no idea how much of a time-saver this was for me. Plus you never have to worry about refresing and accidentally missing your egg!

I hope that helps.
+Quote Post

Deleca7755
post Apr 10 2020, 03:12 PM
Post #5395

ಠ_ಠ
Group Icon

Member No.: 239 529

Obligatory Favorites

Since my last question wasn't answered ( here for any kind soul who knows the answer ), there was something else I was wondering : )

When were Trinket submissions last opened? If they were open I'd find the drive to try to make one. The information section was last updated on December 1st In... 2018. If that's the last time submissions were closed then that sucks I guess.

QUOTE(yellowsofa @ Apr 2 2020, 06:42 PM) *
One of this months explorations is "Needing a Friend". I've previously attempted this, but got stuck on a certain task. I can't remember what number it is, but it requires that you obtain 3 Swablu from the safari zone. Now, last time, I didn't see ANY. Not a single one. Is there any other way to complete that task? Because otherwise it seems down to chance horrified.gif

Not really, pick a god and pray.

This post has been edited by Deleca7755: Apr 10 2020, 03:13 PM

--------------------
I'm with stupid ^
+Quote Post

pumpkinking0192
post Apr 11 2020, 03:49 PM
Post #5396

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 141

Active Squad

QUOTE(Deleca7755 @ Apr 10 2020, 03:12 PM) *
When were Trinket submissions last opened? If they were open I'd find the drive to try to make one. The information section was last updated on December 1st In... 2018. If that's the last time submissions were closed then that sucks I guess.

Yeah, the December 2018 news thread notes that trinket submissions were closed indefinitely as of that month.

As for your other question, my understanding is that the staff have a pool of pre-vetted contributors who create the sprites; it isn't open to the general public because of quality concerns. I have no idea how a person would go about trying to join the pool of contributors.

--------------------
+Quote Post

MickySH
post Apr 21 2020, 07:51 AM
Post #5397

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 53 178

DreamTeam~

Hi happy.gif
I have a question, on my stat page,
Why I have 2 coins in my Daily Records, but 0 coin in Misc./Uncategorized ?

Daily Records
Coins: 2 (#9202) on Dec 29/16
Misc./Uncategorized
Coins: 0 (#155334)

Rank 155334, bruuuuuuuu laughing.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Apr 21 2020, 10:09 AM
Post #5398

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

QUOTE(MickySH @ Apr 21 2020, 02:51 PM) *
Hi happy.gif
I have a question, on my stat page,
Why I have 2 coins in my Daily Records, but 0 coin in Misc./Uncategorized ?

Daily Records
Coins: 2 (#9202) on Dec 29/16
Misc./Uncategorized
Coins: 0 (#155334)

Rank 155334, bruuuuuuuu laughing.gif

Because coin totals are reset for each event that uses coins, but the coins in a day record is kept.

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
+Quote Post

MickySH
post Apr 21 2020, 11:02 AM
Post #5399

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 53 178

DreamTeam~

Okay, thx grin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

KissMyAspergers
post Apr 22 2020, 09:43 AM
Post #5400

Your Resident Grouch
Group Icon

Member No.: 13 842

Active Squad

How come Hunt Power only works for non-legendary eggs?
+Quote Post

281 Pages V  « < 268 269 270 271 272 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:22 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.