Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Dog Hunting, poor doggies:c
Kai Reddtail
post Aug 3 2009, 04:38 PM
Post #21

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 8 999

My Top Six

Whats the difference between your dog and a cow or a pig?

--------------------
Click! (click to show)
W00t! (click to show)

Please help Zoe reach level 100. She was named in memory of my wonderful canine family member that passed away on September 26th.

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Airian
post Aug 4 2009, 06:08 PM
Post #22

Pokémon Breeder
Group Icon

Member No.: 33 509

My Party

Dogs are descended from wolves, which are no less 'innocent' or 'cute' than domestic canines. Some breeds of dogs look very similar to wolves, and retain behavioural traits from them. I suppose there would be a difference between eating a wolf and someone else's pet dog, but a dog without an owner isn't really that much different, and the only difference between a dog with an owner is that owner. That would be theft. You shouldn't eat other people's property.

It also doesn't make sense to me that someone would eat a cow, but not eat a dog because dogs are 'innocent' and 'cute.' Cows, being herbivores, are arguably more 'innocent' than dogs, and I wouldn't say they're any less cute.

I don't see the difference.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Liseliumb
post Aug 5 2009, 06:05 PM
Post #23

OMG, I liek ze mudkipz
Group Icon

Member No.: 41 423

Warriors Pokemon !

Same exact thing I was thinking Airian.

Some countries would say pigs are "cute" and "innocent" and wonder why we don't eat our dogs or cats. But then we can easily turn around and say dogs are "cute" and "innocent" and start ranting anyone who eats a dog should be burned. Some animals eat humans and they sure don't think we're cute and innocent O.o

--------------------

slugma.gif goldeen.gif

I claim them
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Aug 5 2009, 06:38 PM
Post #24

I'm in space...space...spacespace
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 281

space team

Dogs: Domesticated to be used as partners in defense, hunting, and the aid of the disabled.

Cows: Raised for milk and beef.

THAT'S the difference.

This post has been edited by Reyo: Aug 5 2009, 06:38 PM

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
+Quote Post

CDB
post Aug 5 2009, 06:49 PM
Post #25

8 year member huehuehue
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 873

CDB

QUOTE(Reyo @ Aug 5 2009, 07:38 PM) *
Dogs: Domesticated to be used as partners in defense, hunting, and the aid of the disabled.

Cows: Raised for milk and beef.

THAT'S the difference.

There is no difference. The only reason a dog can do such a thing is because HUMANS DOMESTICATED them. Cows are RAISED by HUMANS for mile and beef. Heck, if you domesticate a chicken to do something like that, then would you eat it?

This post has been edited by Ayasaki Hayate: Aug 5 2009, 06:49 PM

--------------------

| | |
+Quote Post

Annakyoyama358
post Aug 5 2009, 07:24 PM
Post #26

Captain of the KaiRei Ship
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 269

My top 6 Most wanted

I'm gonna point out that pigs and chickens HAVE been trained to fufill any need a dog can.
They can be compainions. defend your home (roosters = scary) and pigs can help track things with their noses that many dogs can't (truffles FTW)

Dogs are NOT that special. They're just the thing americans are most used to having as a pet.

--------------------

Feel free to PM me if you'd like me to gift you any Level 1-8 trinket happy.gif

If you have these trinkets, please let me know what you'd like to trade!
- Zombified "B" Slab - Wymsified "W" Slab - Froakie Plushie - Dreamball Walker - Withered Gracidia Flower - Poochyena Chew

Ultimate Goal:
Complete the eevee.gif Eevee eevee.gif Evolutions.... AS SHINIES
jolteon.gif flareon.gif
Obtained:
vaporeon.gif umbreon.gif espeon.gif leafeon.gif glaceon.gif :sylveon:
+Quote Post

CDB
post Aug 5 2009, 09:16 PM
Post #27

8 year member huehuehue
Group Icon

Member No.: 873

CDB

QUOTE(Annakyoyama358 @ Aug 5 2009, 08:24 PM) *
I'm gonna point out that pigs and chickens HAVE been trained to fufill any need a dog can.
They can be compainions. defend your home (roosters = scary) and pigs can help track things with their noses that many dogs can't (truffles FTW)

Dogs are NOT that special. They're just the thing americans are most used to having as a pet.

I completely agree. And also, dogs taste pretty good. Better than chicken, I'll tell you that.

--------------------

| | |
+Quote Post

Natsume Reiko
post Aug 6 2009, 02:06 AM
Post #28

Smiting Fundamentalists since the 1980's.
Group Icon

Member No.: 43 334

Active Squad

I don't see much of a distinction. If an animal is food then it's food. There's no arguing. People eat everything and anything. Snakes, cats, cows, chickens, pigs, crocs, horses, frog legs...When we die maggots eat us...everything needs to have energy from food and we are no different. It's just a cycle of life.

--------------------
~~~~Credit goes to Commander Wymsy.

Important info about myself (click to show)
+Quote Post

Zerifachias
post Aug 7 2009, 01:24 PM
Post #29

Zenith
Group Icon

Member No.: 28 379

Anti-Wymsy Team

Just because dogs can be pets, doesn't mean it's inhuman to eat them. Hell, I've seen some people eats cats before. It isn't that weird.

--------------------
~~

Who am I? oh.gif (click to show)
+Quote Post

supervulpix
post Aug 8 2009, 10:50 AM
Post #30

Vulpix Master
Group Icon

Member No.: 25 699

HAPPINESS

eating dogs is almost the same as eating chicken. hopefully they eat the yappy purse dogs instead of big dogs

i am not a fan of yappy "purse dogs"

--------------------

Awards (click to show)
Other Adoptables (click to show)
+Quote Post

umbreon241
post Aug 8 2009, 10:57 AM
Post #31

Supreme Umbreon Army Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 25 706

Umbreon Army

*Screams*
How dare you eat little adorable puppies?!!!
*Gets spiked medevil club*
Yyaarhh! shakefist.gif crazy.gif
(You don't want tp know what happens to the puppy eaters)

--------------------
You say I'm crazy. I say "Of cooourse I'm crazy. Now excuse me while I back away slowly from the crazy person.
I licked a Mudkip and now I'm all wet.
Attention all MyWarriorCats members! Please look at lthis link!
My links:
MagiStream Creatures
Warrior Cat Adoptables
DragonCave
MyBrute
+Quote Post

Nyctea
post Sep 4 2009, 10:14 PM
Post #32

I can't believe it
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 156

My Favorites

It's really based on culture.
We see dogs as companions. Others may see them as a good meal.

Many people are horrified at the things we eat, (and I wouldn't be surprised if they were horrified at how we prepare them >.> ) and all because of their beliefs.

If I was offered a plate of Cat, I wouldn't eat it, the same way someone else might not eat a pig or cow.

If a creature is edible, then they can be considered food.
However when they can be domesticated, and used for other resources, then they are less of a food source, and become a 'bit more'.
We seem to have little respect for what we eat, especially looking at how we treat our food animals. Some of us just think of them as things to be slaughtered and cooked.
However, if they are domesticated for other things, like being a companion, they mean a bit more to us than something to slaughter, and we become more attatched to them
So if a culture doesn't eat a certain animal, it's may be because they view them as more than something to eat.

I'm not saying all cultures disrepect whatever they eat, but animals that are eaten as food aren't as respected as a dog in our culture.

It's really based on what a culture uses the animal for, how they view it, and their beliefs.

Hope you understand what I'm getting at... XD

And sorry if I make no sense, I'm typing this late at night, so I might just be yapping nonsense XD XD

--------------------
+Quote Post

Devian 666
post Sep 12 2009, 08:11 PM
Post #33

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 59 553

Active Squad

Personally I think it's much different than killing a pig or cow, or hunting a deer, we are talking about "Man's best friend" here...loyal to the very end, unless it's a poodle in a sweater, then I would say be mean to the little sucker all you want.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kai Reddtail
post Sep 12 2009, 08:45 PM
Post #34

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 999

My Top Six

QUOTE(Devian 666 @ Sep 12 2009, 08:11 PM) *
Personally I think it's much different than killing a pig or cow, or hunting a deer, we are talking about "Man's best friend" here...loyal to the very end, unless it's a poodle in a sweater, then I would say be mean to the little sucker all you want.

I can't really tell if you're being serious or not because of the part about poodles.

Man's best friend feels pain in the same manner as a pig or cow. Why is it more okay to kill a pig just because we've had a better non-food relationship with the dog?

Does a cow deserve to die more than a dog because of human preferences? Especially because these aren't universal preferences. We may balk at the idea of eating a dog while someone in Korea may not, and we may happily eat cows while people in India are repulsed.

And just in case you weren't kidding, Poodles are just as loyal as any other dog, one of the smartest breeds, and get put in sweaters by humans, so why is there any better reason to kill them?

If you weren't serious, kindly disregard this.

This post has been edited by Kai Reddtail: Sep 12 2009, 11:30 PM

--------------------
Click! (click to show)
W00t! (click to show)

Please help Zoe reach level 100. She was named in memory of my wonderful canine family member that passed away on September 26th.

+Quote Post

Ness
post Sep 12 2009, 09:28 PM
Post #35

2wag.
Group Icon

Member No.: 20 775

Active Squad

I think it's sick, but I see eating any once conscious being to be repulsive. So really there's no difference for me. :I
Whatever people want to do though, as long as they don't do it in front of me, or constantly remind me.

--------------------

Etc. (click to show)
+Quote Post

Nymphiax
post Sep 21 2009, 08:00 PM
Post #36

iHenshin Group Leader!
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 084

RP|Fanfic

QUOTE(AZ2612 @ Jun 23 2009, 01:54 AM) *
It's more of a mental thing (like the posts say above me) but also a cultural difference.

I can't believe I'm going to say this but...
like Carlos Mencia says "A long time ago, there was a man with a rock. In front of him, was a cow and a horse. The man steps forward and the horse senses danger and runs away. The cow, chewing cud, stays. The man kills the cow and eats it."

He goes on to say that most people eat cows because they are an easy source of food. He also says that just because a society eats something, and you are lead to believe that that is the best type of food, you're wrong. He tried horse meat, and apparently, it was delicious.

I can see where many people would be sickened by eating a dog, but that is only because we, as a culture, have been raised to see dogs as pets, not food.

Once I heard that and tasted horse meat I thought it was AWESOME!!!! But I eat a lot of meat. Not all at once but throughout my lifetime.

Horse is good.
Cow is good.
Duck and Goose are greasy.
Rabbit and Raccoons are chewy.
Chicken is epic and universal.
Fish counts as meat! Just sea meat.

It's true, I grew up to love dogs as pets. I adore the species. Not even wolves, not even canines nor felines. But if it was for survival I will eat another cat or dog. My cat will find a mouse for me. He brings them to me as a gift when he catches them.

QUOTE(Moshi @ Aug 2 2009, 09:13 PM) *
I could never eat an animal other than farm animals and fish. Eating a dog or a cat or even a hamster is just...wrong in my eyes. I would understand hunting wolves but doggies?!? Innocent cute creatures? Honestly sad QoQ If it was EXTREMELY nessacary I would eat my dog if I had to.

What's to say a person thinks pigs and chicken are cute. In a way I think chickens are cute. And baby chicks are adorable. My friends say I'm part cat because well, I will attack a hamster if it's running out of the cage.

--------------------

Hm... So....? (click to show)

+Quote Post

suzyk
post Sep 29 2009, 06:42 AM
Post #37

None of us are virgins, life has screwed us all.
Group Icon

Member No.: 945

Shameless Man Whores

Why should it matter.

In Taiwan, they're raising St. Bernards as a substitute for beef. Apparently they're real tasty.
+Quote Post

matchstickmirage...
post Sep 29 2009, 05:29 PM
Post #38

Metal Gear?!
Group Icon

Member No.: 57 547

SS Party

QUOTE(ninjacookie @ Jun 28 2009, 04:59 AM) *
However, I wouldn't hunt dog. They can catch rabies. Unless they are protected from rabies since the day they are born I would never try the meat of a cat or dog.

As can any warm-blooded mammal :/ A cow can catch it, a pig can catch it, a horse can catch it... any warm-blooded animal is capable of being infected by rabies. Also, swine flu comes from (well, the names is obvious) pigs. Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease, better known as Mad Cow Disease can be contracted through infected beef. The fact that dogs can catch rabies isn't really the problem, especially where dogs are raised for food specifically.

For me, I couldn't eat a dog, but I heard certain types of dog are... not very delicious. I just don't think you could get much meat off a dog, nor would it taste particularly nice. I do own a dog, but for me it's not because I own a dog that I wouldn't eat one. It's more because my aunt and uncle tried dog and they both thought it was too tough. I trust their opinion on this XD

--------------------
+Quote Post

Black Ice
post Sep 29 2009, 05:51 PM
Post #39

A New Era
Group Icon

Member No.: 28

Active Squad

Swine flu comes from pigs? I hope you're joking.

Yes, dogs are different from other animals because they're very common pets and are dubbed "man's best friend" and all that. That's the main reason it's shunned upon. Should that matter? Not really. Do people make it matter? Yes. I'm personally indifferent to the idea of eating dogs. As long as they're wild, obviously. It's a source of food.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Renee
post Nov 7 2009, 02:08 PM
Post #40

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 61 946

Active Squad

omg.gif

I'd rather eat dirt than a poor doggie!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:34 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.