Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Transexuality, your view on it
GalladeKnight
post Feb 11 2010, 06:13 AM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 30 164

Battle Squad

Transexuality to me is a little confusing. It is someone who dresses like the gender they aren't a.k.a. cross-dressing. Now, i am not against transexuality, it is one's own choice, but it's kinda creepy to me. When a man looks only slightly like a women but still has like 5 o'clock shadow, or if they are just strange looking, it confuses me. Now their are also the transexuals who may have physical aspects of the other gender, and when they dress like them you wouldn't be none-the wiser (i have a friend like this). These one's don't confuse me as much but seem more like gender ninja's. But i made this thread to know your opinion.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Sovereign
post Feb 11 2010, 12:30 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 27 455

;dream team;

QUOTE(GalladeKnight @ Feb 11 2010, 03:13 AM) *
Transexuality to me is a little confusing. It is someone who dresses like the gender they aren't a.k.a. cross-dressing.

This is not correct. Transsexuality is not cross-dressing. Transsexuality is, as per the APA, "Transgender is an umbrella term used to describe people whose gender identity (sense of themselves as male or female) or gender expression differs from that usually associated with their birth sex." Simply put, what's in their mind doesn't fit what is in their mind. Being a cross-dresser doesn't necessarily dictate gender-identity issues. Transgenders don't believe themselves to "cross-dress", but rather dress according to their identity.

Personally, I am very strong of the opinion that people should be able to express themselves as they know themselves to be. I will admit that the procedures are somewhat alarming to me, but I fail to see why my personal comfort (or anyone else's) should be a factor in what a person does to his or herself.

So, I am fully supportive of the Trans community.

--------------------

icons by me <3
+Quote Post

Steelsentry
post Feb 14 2010, 08:42 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 79 349

Active Squad

Personally, I am very strong of the opinion that people should be able to express themselves as they know themselves to be. I will admit that the procedures are somewhat alarming to me, but I fail to see why my personal comfort (or anyone else's) should be a factor in what a person does to his or herself.

i agree with this statement fully

--------------------
+Quote Post

Unskilled78
post Feb 16 2010, 04:35 AM
Post #4

Cynical Old Man
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 990

Active Squad

QUOTE(Steelsentry @ Feb 14 2010, 08:42 PM) *

i agree with this statement fully

Indeed

--------------------
Please forgive spelling errors. It's always 3 AM somewhere.

Yes, I did just post to get Pokemon views. What of it?
Unskilled78: a proud breeder of the rare Dracowymsy.
+Quote Post

JameAlec
post Feb 16 2010, 05:54 AM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 79 174

Favorites

I am transsexual (adjective, not noun, than you), so my opinion is going to be a little biased. :P
QUOTE(GalladeKnight @ Feb 11 2010, 06:13 AM) *
It is someone who dresses like the gender they aren't a.k.a. cross-dressing.
I believe you may have missed the point here. As a trans man, when I dress in men's clothing, I am not crossdressing; I am dressing as my true gender. Now if I were to put on a dress, then crossdressing would be a fair accusation. wink.gif
Now, i am not against transexuality, it is one's own choice, but it's kinda creepy to me. When a man looks only slightly like a women but still has like 5 o'clock shadow, or if they are just strange looking, it confuses me.
Believe me, presenting as one gender but appearing to be another is way more than awkward for the person who's doing it. Also, a transsexual woman is not a man, even if she has facial hair or other masculine features, and it's incredibly rude to refer to her as such. Being weirded out is certainly not an excuse to invalidate others' identities or to refuse to use the proper pronouns for someone.
Now their are also the transexuals who may have physical aspects of the other gender, and when they dress like them you wouldn't be none-the wiser (i have a friend like this). These one's don't confuse me as much but seem more like gender ninja's. But i made this thread to know your opinion.
And these are probably a decent portion (if not the majority) of trans people. People from any group that don't blend in to society at large get noticed (and exploited; I'm looking at you, Jerry Springer) a lot more than those that do blend in. Trans men like myself in particular tend to fade into the woodwork, since the effects of estrogen are easier to reverse than the effects of testosterone.
+Quote Post

Villerar
post Feb 19 2010, 11:19 AM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 36 882

Active Squad

I'm in favour of transsexual rights. I think people should have the freedom to express their feelings and that being able to freely identify your gender is part of that.
+Quote Post

Vox
post Feb 20 2010, 07:21 AM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 84 535

In Game Platinum Team

I've never understood it, or why people feel that way - but on the same plane, I don't understand why I was born gay - I certainly never chose to BE gay, so I'm assuming (please correct me otherwise ^^; ) that transexuals feel the same way, that they were born with the feeling their body =/= their gender.

But as it doesn't harm anyone, I'm fine with it. I'm not 'weirded out' by it, and even if I was, so what? It's not offensive to me, so let it be~

*cue music* =P

--------------------
+Quote Post

gretchen8642
post Feb 20 2010, 12:01 PM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 14 554

Best team ever.

I'm all for transgender rights! Everyone should be able to freely express their sexuality without discrimination (unless I suppose if your sexuality involves hurting others; like child molesters or rapists).

I think some women who look like men are really sexy. >__>

--------------------

i always click back! wailord.gif

+Quote Post

FosterThePeople
post Feb 20 2010, 10:48 PM
Post #9

Dancing through life
Group Icon

Member No.: 45 187

Oh Yeah!

Transsexual people are just as normal as anyone else, and deserve to be treated as such. Personally, I'm disgusted by the amount of prejudice many transsexual people face in today's society. Saddly, though, this prejudice exists mainly because many people just don't understand transsexualism (and how can they when subjects like gender identity, sexuality, etc are so taboo? <<).

@gretchen: transgendered isn't a sexuality, its a gender identity. (yes, there's a difference.) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender)

--------------------

+Quote Post

Judge Gabranth
post Feb 21 2010, 01:07 AM
Post #10

A crazy mothefucker.
Group Icon

Member No.: 29 437

PARTYVAN

Transsexuality is another reason not to F&ck with a prostitute. The results would be devastating

--------------------
ruide: hey chris, stop fuckin cybering and let me show you something
cyph33r: what
cyph33r: i dont cyber cockbite, i have a gf
ruide: haha
cyph33r: what did you want to show me
ruide: i made an account on that scrabble website you go to
ruide: bubblegal_14
cyph33r: wtf
cyph33r: omg fuck you you fucking prick
ruide: chrisharker: i *lolwutlolwutlolwutlolwut*
cyph33r: YOU ARE A FUCKING FAGGOT YOU KNOW THAT
cyph33r: I FUCKING HATE YOU
ruide: chrisharker: i've never done this before, am i doing it right?
cyph33r: FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE
+Quote Post

JameAlec
post Feb 26 2010, 02:57 AM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 79 174

Favorites

QUOTE(Judge Gabranth @ Feb 21 2010, 01:07 AM) *
Transsexuality is another reason not to F&ck with a prostitute. The results would be devastating
Many transsexual women are forced into prostitution for lack of other options, since in the vast majority of US states discrimination based on gender identity is perfectly legal and there's absolutely nothing you can do about your employer saying "You're fired for being transgender".

And really, the vast majority of prostitutes are cissexual women. Girls, really, since the average age for a prostitute is between 13 and 16. You would think that the fact you are raping a minor is more problematic than any perceived sign of having "teh gay".
+Quote Post

Ganguro
post Mar 3 2010, 01:51 PM
Post #12

ACCESS DENIED.
Group Icon

Member No.: 87 055

ERROR.

A lot of people have already summed up what I have to say.
There is nothing at all wrong with Transexuality - as long as the person is happy. My neighbors have a son who is a transsexual. He's nineteen and has been taking hormones since he was fourteen without his parents knowing. But they accept him 100%. I'm pretty good friends with him - he's prettier than me. awesome.gif

This may sound odd, but there are a lot of transsexual people in South Florida from what I've seen. It's actually pretty cool considering that they don't get slammed for it since it's more 'common' here.

EDIT:
QUOTE(JameAlec @ Feb 26 2010, 02:57 AM) *
And really, the vast majority of prostitutes are cissexual women. Girls, really, since the average age for a prostitute is between 13 and 16. You would think that the fact you are raping a minor is more problematic than any perceived sign of having "teh gay".

You win cool points for this post. But the truth is more people are worried about that than the fact they're fucking young girls. It's sad.

This post has been edited by Hollywood: Mar 3 2010, 01:54 PM

--------------------

click to go my paaartaaay.
+Quote Post

Furious George
post Mar 28 2010, 03:53 PM
Post #13

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 20 293

Active Squad

A lot of gender is socially determined rather than physically/genetically determined. There is a lot of expectation in terms of male/female behavior that has nothing to do with physical capability. So if someone wants to fulfill a certain role, it's not necessarily that strange for them to do so.

--------------------
+Quote Post

cybersonic233
post Apr 1 2010, 03:01 PM
Post #14

IM BACK!!!!
Group Icon

Member No.: 65 884

Diamond team

QUOTE(Judge Gabranth @ Feb 21 2010, 07:07 AM) *

I dont know about that as a bisexual I find it somewhat apeeling but thats becuase of my sexualaity

This post has been edited by cybersonic233: Apr 1 2010, 03:02 PM

--------------------

Shiny (click to show)

Groups (click to show)

Other stuff (click to show)
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Apr 1 2010, 03:13 PM
Post #15

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

Personally, I think people who don't accept other people for who they are, are complete utter morons who are too busy judging others live's other than getting on with their own.

me being Gay, I find it alot.

And i agree with pretty much everyone in the thread. People should respect you for who they are. If they aren't afraid of themselves and tell people, then I think they're pretty brave on their behalf. then people are all prejudice because of that.

Like I said before, im Gay and fully out at 15 (no big ego aimed in there) and it all depends on your surroundings. If you believe in it, then do it.

Transsexual people are just as normal as anyone else, and deserve to be treated as such. Personally, I'm disgusted by the amount of prejudice many transsexual people face in today's society. Saddly, though, this prejudice exists mainly because many people just don't understand transsexualism (and how can they when subjects like gender identity, sexuality, etc are so taboo? <<).

^
This really stands out for me. People should understand that, seeing as though Gay, Lesbian, Bi-Sexual etc; people are becoming more frequent nowadays. People should respect that. They're still human. The human race is just too pathetic to understand that, and continue to take the piss because some people are "different" to them. Rant over xD.gif

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:39 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.