Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
pitbulls, friendly or deadly
roygbiv
post Jan 2 2011, 09:44 AM
Post #1

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 125 915

hg team

theres no such things as bad dogs only bad owners pitbulls are calm dogs who sit on the couch all day and love kids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbaQA1nqm3I

when pitbulls attack the newspaper or news never tell how the dog was trained or treated

go to a local pound and look see the pitbulls they are most likley looking at you while the other dogs are just barking

--------------------
pokemon white friend code 3096 0916 2525
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Jan 2 2011, 10:04 AM
Post #2

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

I agree... the owners are just total fuckers towards animals. It really pisses me off that you hear on the news about dogs (such as pitbulls) are mauling people; mainly kids and the elderly. Sometimes, it's just the dog... but most of the time it's the owner's fault, raising the dog to be a threat.

It's just so fucking wrong :/

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Gotwald
post Jan 2 2011, 10:07 AM
Post #3

Azumarill!
Group Icon

Member No.: 102 495

The Gotwald Family

that depends entirely on the owner, if he acts as a "leader" to the pitbull and if he teached him HOW TO BEHAVE.

The dog itself only act on instincts. my uncle's pitbull barks and throws herself at you but once you touch her head she lays down as if she were the cutest thing ever cat.gif

Its a shame the pitbulls takes all the fault though... really.

--------------------

Please help Lif take over the world!

Avatar made by the lovely Nikky64
+Quote Post

Kimito
post Jan 8 2011, 05:48 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 126 887

Active Squad

It depends on how the owner treats it.
I'm told though that they can't snap and go from a good dog who doesn't hurt a fly, to a killing beast.
I have no clue.
+Quote Post

BarkingChaos
post Jan 9 2011, 04:42 PM
Post #5

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 112 100

Sandshrew Army

All dogs originated with the wolf, a wild animal. It doesnt matter the breed, all dogs can snap and attack. My own dog has snapped at me an my mom a few times, but after he realized what he did he got really upset and started licking. All dogs have that fight or flight instinct tracing back to the wolf.

People always say "Its the owner's fault." No, its not always the owners fault. Some dogs, no matter what the breed, may just have aggressive personalities. I mean, not all people have the same personality. Some people tend to be mean, others tend to be the happiest people alive. Dogs are the same way. Even in a breed that is considered one of the most loving breeds, not all dogs will have the same loving personality. Also, just because it likes its owner, doesnt mean that it will be acccepting of other people.

Heres the thing about pits. They did get a bad reputation because people use them in dog fights. The muscle structure in a pits neck is different than other breeds. Its bigger and longer (and I think it wraps around the head but I could be wrong) so it gives the dog a stronger bite. Pits typical nature is an extremely happy and loving dog, but it got its bad reputation because news reporters and ignorant people dont realize its the dog's muscle structure, not temperment, that makes it an "ideal" fighting dog. The media warps and twists everything and people believe it without doing research.

But that said, I go back to my first point about personalities.

Also, the problem with the news is when they report animal attacks, they dont tell us what the person was doing when the attack happened. Its one thing if the animal comes out of no where and attacks for no reason, but if a dog attacks because someone kicked it or poked it in the eye, well then good, that person deserved to be attacked.
+Quote Post

Rugal
post Jan 9 2011, 09:16 PM
Post #6

What?
Group Icon

Member No.: 76 953

Active Squad

Isn't there already like five of these threads already? dry.gif

--------------------
Metaphysics explained in simple terms (click to show)
Important info about myself (click to show)
Things I may or may not be directly responsible for (click to show)
+Quote Post

antesqui
post Jan 11 2011, 08:44 PM
Post #7

I was Lachrymose Phoenix but then I pressed the wrong button
Group Icon

Member No.: 126 564

Soul Silver

I've had Pitbulls most of my life and only once have they attacked anybody. The reason they attacked the person was because they were throwing stuff in my house, they didn't live there and I'm certain my dog took that as a threat. Pits are the most loving dogs you could ever have, very protective of children.

--------------------
I was Lachrymose Phoenix then I pressed the wrong button, I shall be again in 75 days. ;_;

They need your love, won't you help?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:54 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.