Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Important information about your eggs
Heartz
post Oct 1 2009, 08:34 AM
Post #21

ABALAMAGABA~
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 63 268

THE ARMY

....oh.....crud.....

>__< I see WHY your doing this but still....Some people CANT get on a lot and this will kinda screw them out'a eggs theve been working on if there not online EVERYDAY...

guh....now I have to find a way top get online more....somehow...

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

draconitas
post Oct 1 2009, 08:34 AM
Post #22

Devourer of Oranges
Group Icon

Member No.: 33 753

SKYARAJASK ARMY

Sorry, another question: will we get to know the time limit we have for each egg? Or will we just have to wing it and hope for the best?

For example, will we be told that an egg that needs 2560 exp will have a limit of (arbitrarily) 5 days, or is 3-25 (or whatever range you'll decide on) the only information we'll know?

Just needed a little clarification. Thanks in advance!

--------------------
You can call me niel. <3

Ninja Army: 63 units (click to show)
Groups (click to show)

GOLDEN UNFAIL
IS ME

+Quote Post

ThePaul
post Oct 1 2009, 08:36 AM
Post #23

The invasion has begun
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 9 560

Team Paunch!

I like this idea. Other clicking sites have similar things, but they're mean and just kill the poor babies out-right.

Still, I'd like to see the time till the eye gets ejected increased just a tad bit, just to avoid some unpleasantness others may experience.

--------------------
Claimed: primeape.gif

+Quote Post

Nou
post Oct 1 2009, 08:39 AM
Post #24

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 62 247

Fave Pokemon

I have a question, are we going to somehow know how much time our eggs have left, either it based upon clicks and we're told or have it posted on the eggs somehow or something?

EDIT:
I mean more like when we obtain an egg are we going to know how many days we're given to hatch it either by placing it somewhere on the eggs page itself (like the dex info), or have a list somewhere on the forums that says something along the lines of 3,840 maturity = 3 days or something else?
+Quote Post

Slider
Post #25

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 58 863

Active Squad

I dunno. This is bad and good. It doesn't affect me, but my poor bro just gave out a Rayquaza egg cos' he didn't see the point in keeping it for a few more days if it's just going to be released without him knowing or getting to do anything in the end. He's not an event fag, and he logs in everyday. But that ain't enough is it?

Anyways, whoever got that Rayquaza egg, (at about 9:32) I'd at least appreciate a thank you...

--------------------

Click on the Totodile! It leads to my party.
And the Nidoran leads to my brother's.

dictionary.com (click to show)
+Quote Post

Astroni
Post #26

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 18 506

Challengers

I think that's good, but not everyone is mass clicking and that means - 500 maturity per a day?
But in fact that means that the person isn't playing, hmm... important message? When the egg will be ready to abandon, in... 5 days there will be message sent about abandoning and hatching ^^

--------------------
Happy Christmas! (click to show)

+Quote Post

xdante619
post Oct 1 2009, 08:43 AM
Post #27

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 55 233

Active Squad

I can see this going badly for some people. For me I've had a few problems lately getting online for more than a few minutes because I'm back in university & the course is pretty demanding this year. I don't see how it would be fair to people in my position who are rushed off their feet & barely able to click even their own eggs. These people will lose out purely because they're working towards a future? I dunno like I said it could go badly & could actually make people who don't have the unlimited time some other people have leave.
+Quote Post

Snom
post Oct 1 2009, 08:44 AM
Post #28

IRL Dog Groomer
Group Icon

Member No.: 31 264

Favorites

I think this is a great idea. I'm a college student with a 19 hour credit load and I still find time to click everyday. I also have a fiancee' and a Maple character I'm trying to get to 200. It's really not that hard to interact 500 times a day with minimal effort of spending like 30 minutes to an hour everyday just clicking and clicking back. I know people have different issues such as strict parents and whatnot, but I notice a few people just use "real life" as an excuse. I can't begin to count how many users with like three or four legendary pokemon in their parties with less than 5k intereactions total. I can't help but think "Oh that's so cool how they have those eggs" but then I look at the statistics of those eggs and notice that they've been unhatched since May (or even earlier!).
I personally would like a shot at getting some of these poke's that were events before I joined. Opinion speaking, if you can't log on to take care of your eggies which were so nicely given to you, why do you even bother to log on to take more?

--------------------

Cobalion -> Furfrou -> Snom
+Quote Post

Switzerland
post Oct 1 2009, 08:45 AM
Post #29

Lazy Genius out for world domination- EVENTUALLY!
Group Icon

Member No.: 14 948

Non-wifi team

I'm sorry but I can't say I like this idea. I don't hoard legend eggs, far from it, but I do have problems with my computer and real life. Currently I'm grounded from the computer, and I don't want to see my Primal Dialga taken away because of that. I'm trying to hatch it, but I don't use any of the snaplinks or stuff like that, so that makes it even harder for me. Can't there be a better way for this? Maybe if you watched for inactivity in general. I make sure to log on once a day at least, even if I am grounded, so it still registers that I was online and I get a few clicks. If you notice that someone only logs on around event time, then put them on a watch, then abandon their eggs.

--------------------
I claim Vash and Hunny-chan!

Currently breeding:

Zurich (Zergoose) and Winnetka (Winter Pixel)
+Quote Post

TheIgDemon
Post #30

What are you looking at? >.>
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 990

My Favorites

IMO, I don't like this system. Why punish all for what a few do? It's grade school all over again. *Shakes head* What you really should do is do this to the people who only log on for the events and take away their eggs after a few days if they don't log on after that or give any reason for being away until the next event.

Not to mention all the freakin' one clickers out there will make this system tick people off. I know it will me. If you do enact this system, I'm gonna have to start ignoring one-clickers. :/

I came on this site to have fun and to collect and hatch eggs to fill up the Dex entries and this will just kill my fun. I don't go to many forum sites. I am limited to this one, Serebii.net's, and mine. That's it. That's about it on where I put my eggs on display for people to click.

I also have class for seven hours in the evening and I come home and click back people then just go to sleep. So that kills a lot of my time on here. I can go clicking crazy on the weekends though unless I'm busy.

A lot of people on here will be POd if an egg they worked hard to get to waited for a long time suddenly just disappears. And I'm not talking about the event abusers. I waited a long time to find this Slime Slugma egg and I will be royally pissed if it is taken away from me. I would like an event egg, yes, but I'm not going to complain if I don't get one. :/ I actually prefer getting just commons, uncommons, rares, and novelties. Eventually I will need them to complete my Dex, yes, but I don't care at the moment.

Why ruin everybody's fun just because a few other's don't log on enough? There is a simple solution: Don't Give Event Eggs to Those Who Just Log On Each Month to Get Them.

--------------------
My Clickables (click to show)

+Quote Post

Slider
Post #31

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 58 863

Active Squad

Then I guess they(soon maybe me nextyear) should just leave and let those who live on the net to click on this site. It would have been better if there was something to detect people with more than 1 event egg(different events). You did mention event fags was the reason for this move.

--------------------

Click on the Totodile! It leads to my party.
And the Nidoran leads to my brother's.

dictionary.com (click to show)
+Quote Post

ShrapnelStars
post Oct 1 2009, 08:48 AM
Post #32

Well, I wish I'd wished you well
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 143

Let Us In

What's done is done, and I understand the reasons, but I'm not too certain about it, either. I was online all the time, I have Snaplinks, and was clicking like mad, but it still took a whole month for my Deoxys to hatch. I had it in other signatures on other sites and everything, but it still took a while. I guess I'll just start limiting my party to one or two Pokemon at a time now.

This post has been edited by Blak99Psy: Oct 1 2009, 08:50 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

mawilek
post Oct 1 2009, 08:48 AM
Post #33

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 63 515

Active Squad

i think, 3 days is really a small interval. lots of things may happen to make someone stay away from the site, or from the whole internet for 3 days. i don't think, there is a problem with someone hoarding common eggs, so you should not solve that problem. try to solve a problem with very rare eggs...
i think, it will be quiet enough, if a non hatched egg is automatically abandoned after 24 days, or maybe even a month. and it's maturity doesn't matter.
and why doesn't it works for ready to be hatched eggs?... they may be auto abandoned and hatched into a shelter..happy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Big Bidoof
post Oct 1 2009, 08:52 AM
Post #34

Watching YOU
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 1

Active Squad

QUOTE(draconitas @ Oct 1 2009, 09:34 AM) *
Sorry, another question: will we get to know the time limit we have for each egg? Or will we just have to wing it and hope for the best?

For example, will we be told that an egg that needs 2560 exp will have a limit of (arbitrarily) 5 days, or is 3-25 (or whatever range you'll decide on) the only information we'll know?

Just needed a little clarification. Thanks in advance!

Yeah, it'll say on the egg's page "you have x time remaining to hatch this egg" or some such.

--------------------
"Java is to JavaScript as ham is to hamster."

+Quote Post

M O N S T E R
post Oct 1 2009, 08:54 AM
Post #35

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 811

Random favorites

I dont mind this at all, it will make it so i wont keep filling my whole party with eggs, sence im not on alot i will just fill it up with pokemon

--------------------
thanx to Draikette for my awsome avatar
+Quote Post

zer0cars
post Oct 1 2009, 08:57 AM
Post #36

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 46 692

Active Squad

I understand why the system is being implemented. However, I see two problems with this. First, the 3-25 day limit seems arbitrary. What is it based off of? What evidence is there to support that specific time line. 7-30 days seems more reasonable. Second, it has the potential to create hoarders, waiting until the legendaries and novelties are dropped from parties and swiping them from the shelter.

--------------------

MissingNo. welcomes you to my party!
+Quote Post

Commander Wymsy
Post #37

Megalomaniac out for world domination
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

Greatest Team Ever

Mind you, the current amount of days may change. I threw out the numbers myself, and they are really only tentative. I was contemplating on having a few of them extended by a couple days. But for the curious, here was the idea:

1280 (3), 2560 (4), 3840 (5), 5120 (7), 6400 (8), 7680 (10), 8960 (12), 10000 (14), 10240 (14), 20480 (20), 30720 (25)

As for the person who said that getting to the next stage upping the time I bit; I like that idea. Perhaps by a day or two, depending on the amount of maturity needed to hatch it.

--------------------
Overtaken by Net & Zodi on that track!
+Quote Post

Rapps
Post #38

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 388

Active Squad

I can understand the limitation if it's to stop people coming on JUST to get event eggs.

However, I come online a few times a day, but I only do about 100 clicks a day lately because I'm too busy to sit on this site for long. I only want to spend a maximum of about an hour or two on here a day. I literally don't have any more time than that to be clicking. And I don't use anything like snaplinks to make things faster either. I'm not going to give excuses like real life, school, whatever. I'm self employed, I'm an artist, I make very little money, and spend literally the entire day drawing on the comp. The only times I'm not drawing is when I eat, sleep, do housework and take my breaks. And when I take a break, I don't want to do ANYTHING to do with my laptop. I'll go and watch TV, or play PS, or something. I certainly wouldn't spend that time clicking. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy this site, I like collecting Pokémon, I enjoy clicking people. But I don't want to spend a lot of time on it, that's when things get tiresome.

I've had a primal dialga in my party since the last event because I haven't made it my priority to go out and click a lot of people. But I'm still a regular to this site, I still get on every day, I still try my best to click everyone back who clicks me. I've easily done 2k clicks on a day where I didn't have to work. I don't think it's fair to punish people based on how long they take to hatch something. I don't even like the thought of losing one of my normal eggs, because at this point, I've almost completed the eggdex aside from ditto and some legendaries, so I'll only be shiny hunting. And one of the eggs I lose could well be shiny.

I do think it's a good idea, simply to discourage people hoarding event eggs. But I hope you'll give us a REASONABLE time to hatch eggs. And I really hope the three days as a minimum is just for eggs like Magikarp that only take around 1k to hatch, with twenty five days being for eggs that take 30k.

People who say things like "there's no excuse for you not to be able to click on and do a couple hundred clicks a day" are very lucky to have so much free time.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Emmagurd
Post #39

Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo
Group Icon

Member No.: 36 116

Mamolicious

I suppose it's simple... if you can't get online because of a hectic lifestyle or your internet dies, then you just lose your eggs. Which hardly seems fair.

It might not affect me so much, but my friend has just had her internet go down, and she doesn't know when it'll be back up. So she could possibly lose her eggs when this goes live?

I've never had a Legendary egg with a lot of maturity to get, but this does mean that anyone who gets a Legend will now have to spend half of their lives on the site to try and get it hatched.

Edit:
Also, what if the site goes down like it did earlier? Will that affect the time you have to hatch it?

This post has been edited by Captain Epic: Oct 1 2009, 08:59 AM

--------------------

I do gaming videos! grin.gif Please have a look!
Emmagurd's Youtube

My fiancé does gaming videos for Minecraft, PVK and other stuff! Please take a look! grin.gif
DavidiansLair's Youtube

Made by Bonnie Clyde

+Quote Post

Spewer
post Oct 1 2009, 08:58 AM
Post #40

I love Pachirisus.
Group Icon

Member No.: 25 678

PACHIRISU

*sigh* great, now I can theoretically abandon every event egg 1 day after I obtained. I simply can't hatch such high maturity eggs in 25 days. And it will hinder me having alot of Pachirisus...
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:49 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.