Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

SEARCH BEFORE POSTING

Before posting ANYTHING here, LOOK AROUND FIRST! Odds are what you wish to ask or suggest or report has already been posted by another member. We do not like having to reply to the same thing over and over. The pinned threads are a great place to start!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Interactions not registering on FireFox, My Interactions don't register on FireFox, but they do on IE...
Worenx
post Jun 9 2009, 03:38 PM
Post #1

Maverick Hunter Worenx
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 32 365

Colusseum Snaggers

I primarily use FireFox since, for some reason, Internet Explorer doesn't work too good on my computer. But when I interact with someone on FireFox, it doesn't register I've done anything. So I try Internet Explorer, and I can interact just fine there. Thing is I don't want to use IE because it lags everything. Can anyone offer any suggestions that'll let FireFox work?

EDIT: Okay, now IE isn't even letting me... What could I be doing wrong? o O

--------------------
~**~~* *~~**~
If you like Megaman Zero and roleplays, take a look at my MMZ RP site!

*~~*
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Rua
post Jun 9 2009, 05:13 PM
Post #2

No-life shiny collector
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 9 747

~o-O-o-O-o~

QUOTE(Worenx @ Jun 9 2009, 04:38 PM) *
I primarily use FireFox since, for some reason, Internet Explorer doesn't work too good on my computer. But when I interact with someone on FireFox, it doesn't register I've done anything. So I try Internet Explorer, and I can interact just fine there. Thing is I don't want to use IE because it lags everything. Can anyone offer any suggestions that'll let FireFox work?

EDIT: Okay, now IE isn't even letting me... What could I be doing wrong? o O

I'm 99% sure it's not you but the site. Everyone's been having a variety of problems today. That's all I wil say on the matter because I'm not privy on the details - hopefully an admin will address this and confirm. happy.gif I hope my response in the mean time puts your mind at ease.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Worenx
post Jun 16 2009, 06:06 AM
Post #3

Maverick Hunter Worenx
Group Icon

Colusseum Snaggers

Problems still persisting. < < I don't think it's the site and just me...

--------------------
~**~~* *~~**~

*~~*
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Jun 16 2009, 12:29 PM
Post #4

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

I really don't know what you're talking about. What you mentioned when you first made this topic had to do with a change we made temporarily - and since removed - that I explained in another thread. It cannot affect you now.

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

Worenx
post Jun 16 2009, 09:32 PM
Post #5

Maverick Hunter Worenx
Group Icon

Colusseum Snaggers

I'm not one to argue, especially with an Admin, but I'm sorry; Firefox is not registering Interactions.

I click on [Yes, warm it up!], the screen refreshes and that same button is still there, and my name doesn't appear where it names off anyone who interacted with the eggs. It worked on IE, but lately, it's been doing the same thing. Maybe it's my cookie settings? I dunno. If anyone has no problem using FireFox, tell me how to set my settings, because I'm seriously losing my patience here. o o; I have not knowing what's wrong or what to do.

--------------------
~**~~* *~~**~

*~~*
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Jun 16 2009, 09:35 PM
Post #6

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

Oh, it's not even submitting the page then? Hm.. Perhaps something in your security settings or an add-on you have (which sounds unlikely since it's affecting two browsers) or your firewall is removing the referer data sent (which tells the submitted page that you submitted it from the GPX+ page). That's really the only thing I can think of.

--------------------
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

Worenx
post Jun 16 2009, 09:49 PM
Post #7

Maverick Hunter Worenx
Group Icon

Colusseum Snaggers

Ah, great. The return of referers. I use ZoneAlarm and no one seems to know how to set that to send referers so FireFox will work with certain sites... I told ZA to allow this page, like I've had to do with a few other sites that doesn't work on FireFox, so now it's working on Internet Explorer. Better than nothing I guess...

If anyone uses ZoneAlarm and knows how to set it to send referers, please tell me how to do it in a PM or something.

--------------------
~**~~* *~~**~

*~~*
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Jun 16 2009, 10:33 PM
Post #8

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

Zone Alarm Pro

* Under Privacy Button on Left, Click on Site List Tab.
* Right click on "Private Header" column where WordPress URL is located. Or click "Add" to add the URL.
* From the menu, choose Options
* On the first tab named "Cookies", remove checkmark on "third party cookies - remove private header information"
* Click OKAY

Source: http://codex.wordpress.org/Enable_Sending_Referrers

First link I found when Googling 'zonealarm not sending refers' so if that doesn't help, try Googling it yourself and looking at more results.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Worenx
post Jun 17 2009, 02:12 AM
Post #9

Maverick Hunter Worenx
Group Icon

Colusseum Snaggers

Dude, you like saved my butt. I rarely look on Google, because I tend not to have any luck at all with it. I installed an add-on that allowed me to send referers, so I can now intereact with my favorite browser. Thanks Zerxer! You seriously are an awesome dude.

--------------------
~**~~* *~~**~

*~~*
+Quote Post

Worenx
post Jun 22 2009, 04:34 AM
Post #10

Maverick Hunter Worenx
Group Icon

Colusseum Snaggers

I'm really sorry to double post like this, but... the problem's reared it's ugly head again. =/

Since I fixed the issue with a Referer Control add-on for FF, and since then it's been smooth sailing, I've been interacting at twice the speed as before. But then, about an hour ago, it stopped registering me again. The Referer control thing works fine (as another site requires it to run), I'm not doing anything different from what I normally do, but it doesn't help with this site anymore. Agh! Zerxer, pleeeeease tell me you can help me!

Edit: Sweet Lord, now it's letting me again. Not complaining, but seriously, this site likes to mess with me. = =;

--------------------
~**~~* *~~**~

*~~*
+Quote Post

Worenx
post Oct 5 2009, 11:25 PM
Post #11

Maverick Hunter Worenx
Group Icon

Colusseum Snaggers

AGH! Months later, it returns to give me a hard time!

Same problem; and it just started. It was working literally five minutes ago, and now it's not. Nothing's changed since the last time and I'm just thinking the server hates me. T T Is there any advice that can be given...

Oh for the love of--MAKE UP YOUR MIND, GPX!!!!!

... That is all, ignore me...

--------------------
~**~~* *~~**~

*~~*
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:11 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.