Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Lags
Noctunoir
post Dec 25 2010, 08:03 AM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 72 686

Active Squad

I don't know if it's the correct place to post this, so forgive me if I've chosen the wrong section.

Because of lags, I (and the same issue happened to some friends) just lost a summon item because GPX was offline during three minutes out of the five. Our failed summoned count was increased by one but we were unable to do anything, it was totally impossible to refresh the Lab.

I guess that admins can't give us our summoning items back, but I reckon some message like "Do not summon this week" should be added under the Lab eggs to prevent everyone from stupidly losing their points. =X

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

pyreflydust
post Dec 25 2010, 10:42 AM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 65 432

Watergun Army

Well it'd be silly to tell people not to summon this week. I have successfully summoned on of each Lati@s in the last two days, though it did help that I hadn't had egg info for either of them so I was able to use repels both times.

Just be careful next time. Make sure to use the site a little before you run off to the lab to do a summon and if it seems too slow, don't use it yet. I know it's frustrating, I made the mistake of summoning something at a time I should have remembered the site wouldn't work (it used to stop working for a few minutes around 5 am until recently) and lost it because of that. I've also lost eight other summons due to me just not being able to find it. So believe me, I know your frustration all too well.

But, since it was not technically an error (apparently there are rare occasions where the summon fails to appear at all) I doubt you'll get it back.

--------------------

+Quote Post

weecam
post Dec 26 2010, 07:29 AM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 55 888

Active Squad

yeah this week i summond a girentina and got other peoples palkia and ho-oh

--------------------
+Quote Post

Jasmine
post Dec 26 2010, 05:22 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 615

My Line-up

Well I don't know about the whole summoning thing, I don't really see any error in it. However, because of the whole x3.25 multiplier that is in effect right now, the site has been acting EXTREMELY sluggish, more than usual. So yeah it would be a bad idea to use a summon item now when you're going to constantly be hit by lags and errors.

--------------------

~CURRENT PARTY~

~MY FAVORITE POKeMON OF ALL TIME~
+Quote Post

Thaliel
post Dec 27 2010, 10:38 AM
Post #5

Spots on!
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 5 588

Posers

these lags have been there ever since that Memcache thing, and still persist. Even without the multiplier, I often cannot load any user/pokemon or other GPX+ page, it annoys the hell outta me

--------------------
<-Plz click
+Quote Post

Raiden
post Dec 28 2010, 11:47 AM
Post #6

brb, glomping ^ him
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 716

HeartGold team

The lagging is still bad. I constantly have to hard-refresh Dream World because it won't load fully for me.

EDIT: Now this is getting ridiculous. When I want to refresh Dream World, I have to open it in an entirely new tab. The original page will not load at all. And my connection is three times faster than it was when I started. -_-2.gif

EDIT 2: Honestly, this is pissing me off. The lag is so horrible that whenever a new batch of eggs and Pokémon pop up in Dream World (eggs go from 20 to 35 for example), I instantly get a 500 error code or a "connection interrupted" page when I refresh, and then I refresh again and all new eggs are gone. What the hell is causing this lag, anyway? Before the whole memcache thing 1000+ people never bothered me and I was able to load everything without a hitch.

This post has been edited by Raiden: Dec 30 2010, 03:17 PM

--------------------
PARTY IS HERE (too lazy to always update the egg images, so meh)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:16 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.