Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Multiple Legendaries?
Sharkosaurus
post Mar 29 2012, 06:36 AM
Post #1

Gentleman Bastard
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 93 071

smogon ban genies pls

So I've been wondering...

For each legendary Pokemon, are there more than one of them? Unable to understand what I mean?
Let's put one legendary Pokemon as an example first, let's say... Moltres. Are there more than one Moltres in the Pokemon world or is there only one? If so, then does that mean there's more than one Mew, Palkia, or Arceus?

--------------------
ayy
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Jacin Tatt
post Mar 29 2012, 07:11 AM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 136 753

Sparkle Sparkle

QUOTE(Wings of Sorrow @ Mar 29 2012, 09:36 PM) *
So I've been wondering...

For each legendary Pokemon, are there more than one of them? Unable to understand what I mean?
Let's put one legendary Pokemon as an example first, let's say... Moltres. Are there more than one Moltres in the Pokemon world or is there only one? If so, then does that mean there's more than one Mew, Palkia, or Arceus?

It differs for each Legendary I think. Some legendaries, such as Celebi, Manaphy etc, have multiples. The Celebi movie proved that I believe. Some of the more important and powerful legendaries such as Dialga, Palkia etc are one of a kind. There can really only be one being that governs time, one for space etc. I'm not 100% sure, but I think its safe to say SOME have multiples.

--------------------

Maker of the Cherrim novelty Pokemon
Maker of the Flame Zorua/Zoroark novelty Pokemon

If you add me to your Pal Pad, I will do full-team clicks every day.

+Quote Post

Carefactorzero
post Mar 29 2012, 07:14 AM
Post #3

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 837

Active Squad

Putting games (including GPX) aside, I believe that there are multiple of all legendary Pokémon that are not classed as a Deity; which, in turn, leads to another debatable subject: which legendary Pokémon are the Deities of the Pokémon world? What makes them a Deity?

While there are immensely powerful legendary Pokémon out there like Ho-oh and Lugia, I wouldn't class either of the two as a Deity. One's a bird with feathers that glow in the 7 colors of the rainbow, while the other is supposedly a guardian. Neither of the two created, nor have control, over any of the elements. While this has nothing to do with the debate itself, it is relevant when you consider the possibility of two beings having control of the same thing. Just what would happen to the Pokémon world if two of the same Deity had a totally different motive when it came to bending what they control to their own will? Would the time-space continuum be thrown out of whack with two Dialga and Palkia in the world? How about the land and the sea, plus two Kyogre and Groudon? Would one side of the world be drowning under a non-stop monsoon while the other side roasts in an eternal drought (depending on where the "4" reside)?

Two of one Deity could potentially cause cataclysmic damage to the world of Pokémon, therefore, two of any Deity shouldn't be a possibility. Two of anything else wold be fine, as anything with no significant control over any element would cause no harm. Entei (Pokédex) and Lugia (anime) are two examples of this.

EDIT: Never send Jacin a link if you're a slow typer and want the first post. =P

This post has been edited by Gambrinous Antiscian: Mar 29 2012, 07:15 AM
+Quote Post

Shiny T
post Jun 14 2012, 06:25 AM
Post #4

I licked a Charmander. Hot, man. Hot.
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 051

Wolves of the sea

As already said, it depends on which Pokemon.

When it comes to the games, i think it is supposed to be only one per legendary (Up until you battle another trainer with another game, but that don't count), with some exception, like Entei, which the PokeDex say is born every time a volcano erupts. However, in the anime, it depends.

Like, we have seen multiple Articuno, Lugia, (When it comes to Celebi, i am not sure, because i haven't seen the Zoroark-movie. However, there were only one Celřebi in the forth film. It was the past and future versions of the sameCelebi, after what i understood.) among others.

Others like Kyogre, Groudon and Mewtwo, there are only one of, because they are supposed to... kindaq. Imagine a Hoenn with 4 Kyogre and 4 Groudons roaming around.

--------------------
GPX

+Quote Post

lorks
post Aug 21 2012, 07:00 AM
Post #5

Faberry
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 72 645

Shinies

there are multiples of some lesser legendaries, and only one of the major legendaries, that had a major part in creating the pokemon universe, eg all the d&p legendaries.

--------------------
i always click back

--

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:15 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.