Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Horrors of the Anime, Critique it here!
Jeffrey
post Aug 18 2008, 06:42 PM
Post #41

Mr. Zero
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 2 642

Active Squad

Yup, Chronicles seemed to run for about 4-5 episodes, and then it was done.

--------------------
I claim Garchomp, FYI.

"I don't need to battle you.
I've already won in ways you could never comprehend."

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Tiamat
post Aug 22 2008, 05:03 AM
Post #42

everything is happening so much
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 70

Active Squad

QUOTE(Slaves Shall Serve @ Oct 8 2007, 02:07 AM) *
Don't forget to mention the seizures of awesomeness.

QFT

Besides that, they need a completely new Pokemon series. Like, no more Ash, no more Pikachu, ect. Team Rocket can stay as cameos because they're made of Awesome and Win, but that's it. Really, it's too generic now, and we need a fresh take on the anime.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Dragynking1
post Oct 1 2008, 12:38 PM
Post #43

I wish i had wifi...
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 974

New SS team

it was ok at first, but then then they changed the voice actors, and now its a load of s*** no.gif

--------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------

YAY!!! My sig is a barren wasteland!!!

+Quote Post

Maikeru
post Oct 1 2008, 04:09 PM
Post #44

Steel-Type Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 518

Steel Team

QUOTE(PrimalPalkia @ Oct 1 2008, 12:38 PM) *
it was ok at first, but then then they changed the voice actors, and now its a load of s*** no.gif

I agree it was so much better with the original voice actors

--------------------
SoulSilver Friendcode: 5027-6669-1059

My Badges (click to show)

+Quote Post

Dazmi
post Oct 1 2008, 06:11 PM
Post #45

Veteran
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 2 482

Active Squad

I agree, it is stupid.

Although, 8 year olds seem to enjoy the show. It's not like they target the anime to 17 year olds such as myself.
The first few episodes of Chronicles when the ememy was hunting down Raikou was the only part of the entire series where it seemed interesting in my opinion.

What's with people complaining about that blue haired girl's outfit?
Misty's outfit was more revealing than that.

This post has been edited by johnrichard1991: Oct 1 2008, 06:22 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Tiamat
post Oct 2 2008, 03:12 PM
Post #46

everything is happening so much
Group Icon

Member No.: 70

Active Squad

I think people are complaining because Misty wasn't ten while she dressed like that. She was still jailbait, but she wasn't TEN. Dawn... kinda is.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Oct 2 2008, 03:25 PM
Post #47

Team Rogue: Houndoom
Group Icon

Member No.: 804

Uprising Mod

QUOTE(Tiamat @ Oct 2 2008, 03:12 PM) *
I think people are complaining because Misty wasn't ten while she dressed like that. She was still jailbait, but she wasn't TEN. Dawn... kinda is.

Actually, though it wasn't stated in the American dub, it was stated in Episode 3 of the Japanese version that Kasumi is 10. This is according to Bulbapedia

--------------------
[align=center]Uprising Mod

||
Jaima Kuonji and Meiko Omura||Branwys Muphenz
[spoiler=Jaima's Gym Badges][/spoiler]
PANE

||
Jay Lange||Olivia Prewitt
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

:houndoom: I claim Houndoom! :houndoom: [/align]
+Quote Post

PuhPuhPuhPi
post Oct 8 2008, 11:17 PM
Post #48

Three point one four one five nine two six...
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 388

Pi's Posse

OK, I am going to take a stab at defending the anime a little. Sure, I don't watch it anymore, but I just wanna make some points.

First of all, you people seem to blame 4Kids and PUSA for a lot of things, especially the show's "suckage." What you all have to remember is that the Pokémon anime is made in Japan, by the Japanese Pokémon Company (or whoever). What you watch is basically the same thing that little Japanese kids watch in Japan, except Dawn's skirt is even shorter.

Speaking of Dawn, you have to remember that once again Pokémon is really a Japanese culture thing before it is anything in the United States. Japanese culture varies greatly from our own. Of course it is going to be more accepting to have those short skirts on a ten year old girl in Japan than the US - the United States was founded by a bunch of minor Protestant sects of people. US ideals are some of the most conservative in the world. If you're going to whine about how the dub is nothing like the Japanese version and then complain about the shortness of Dawn's skirt, then you are essentially a hypocrite, no offense.

Team Rocket is supposed to be a pathetic bunch of losers. Is that right? No. Think about it - when the show started, they were truly feared criminals. But chasing Ash around for all of these years trying to snatch Pikachu has turned the poor trio crazy. How would you be like if your life goal was to steal a yellow rat from a group of kids and you never succeeded? You would be crazy too.

The reason they continue to follow Ash around, other than the fact that they provide the only comic relief in a dub where the main characters range from mildly to severely braindead, but they know that Pikachu is unlike other Pokémon. Ever since episode one where Pikachu is given to Ash by Professor Oak, we know that Pikachu is not like other Pikachu. How could it have fried all of those Spearows even though it was a Level 5. Pikachu has always been a special Pokémon, although I think it sucks in many battles because Ash spoils it way too much. I wonder how much that kid spends on ketchup a week.

But all of Ash's Pokémon are strong, and he always gets all of the badges, and he always encounters all of the legendary Pokémon for one simple reason: HE'S THE MAIN CHARACTER. Pokémon is intended to appeal to the young fanbase, and what they wanna see is Pokémon battling and their favorite Pokémon, which if it isn't Pikachu is usually Rayquaza or Kyogre or Mewtwo or Manaphy or something like that. Hence Ash gets to meets all of the legendary Pokémon because of fanservice (no, not that fanservice. These are little kids here). And why aren't most of Ash's Pokémon evolved? Kids like cute Pokémon or strong Pokémon. Because of that, he keeps cutesy Pokémon (Pikachu, Chimchar) and strong Pokémon (Staravia, Buizel) around all of the time. Brock and [Insert Female Protagonist here] follow the same formula. Well, Tracey does too, but no one likes Tracey.

And one last thing: STOP YER BITCHIN' 'BOUT THE VOICE ACTORS! They finished their contracts, they were done. All good things have to come to an end, and the original dub cast couldn't stay forever (although the Japanese cast is mostly the same if I recall correctly). Actors are always trying to try something bigger and better, and therefore they left Pokémon, and that is why they probably didn't get re-hired when PUSA took charge - because they wanted to try something else instead of saying "Bulbasaur!" for an entire episode. (Pikachu and Togepi actually use their original Japanese voices) In my opinion, the new voice actors are doing a good job, and I think Ash sounds much more appropriate in his new voice. I can't stand listening to the old Ash now, lol.

So, that is my defense of the anime. Take it or leave it.

--------------------
My friend code for Pearl is
1160-9066-4343
My Friend Code for Diamond, my hack version, is 1805 5204 6808

Thanks sushikitty!
CLICK FOR SOMETHING AMAZING... :3
ludicolo.gif lickilicky.gif I claim Ludicolo and Lickilicky, because no one else will protest about either of them. lickilicky.gif ludicolo.gif
GTS+ Chat. Much like drugs, it's really addicting.
Badges

+Quote Post

Blax8192
post Oct 9 2008, 10:44 PM
Post #49

Never turn down a really good pie...
Group Icon

Member No.: 961

Active Squad

QUOTE(johnrichard1991 @ Oct 1 2008, 07:11 PM) *
What's with people complaining about that blue haired girl's outfit?
Misty's outfit was more revealing than that.

Revealing what? No it wasn't . . . It really wasn't . . .

--------------------
These are my Topics which you should read, but probably won't (click to showhide)
=mine
A glimpse into my mind(by clicking you are signing a waiver on your sanity) (click to showhide)
(\_/)
\(n.n)/
(")_(")
this is evil bunny, copy and paste him into your sig and help him keep bunny from taking over the world!!!
I didn't want to put this in tags but the length was bugging me . . . just open it (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

Filipe Couto
post Oct 12 2008, 11:33 AM
Post #50

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 028

Active Squad

yeah, the anime is worse, i think the better anime was batle frontier season
+Quote Post

TTD
post Oct 12 2008, 12:23 PM
Post #51

In reverence, she shall speak my name.
Group Icon

From: Relegated to the obsidian of freezing celestial bodies.
Member No.: 2 480

Sorrowful Frost

I think that ash's hair looks awful and they need better personality characters. Also, they need to target all ages if pokemon is to survive in the future. Plus, almost all the characters are so immature, it's not even funny anymore.

--------------------
Credits! (click to show)
Gym Badges and Frontier Symbols! (click to show)
If you like metal... (click to show)
+Quote Post

PuhPuhPuhPi
post Oct 12 2008, 08:33 PM
Post #52

Three point one four one five nine two six...
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 388

Pi's Posse

QUOTE(Inu Ryu @ Oct 12 2008, 01:23 PM) *
I think that ash's hair looks awful and they need better personality characters. Also, they need to target all ages if pokemon is to survive in the future. Plus, almost all the characters are so immature, it's not even funny anymore.

Well, Pokémon is designed for kids, all around. Kids play video games. Kids watch cartoons. Kids play with cards. Pokémon is targeted towards kids. Now, should they make more games for more mature audiences? Yes. But the sad realization is that Pokémon is meant for little kids, and therefore the anime is going to remain quite dry compared to other animes.

And trust me, Pokémon isn't going to die out soon. My girlfriend's brother and sister obsess over those Pokémon cards so much. They even got the first season on DVD (easily the best season ^_^.gif).

--------------------
My friend code for Pearl is
1160-9066-4343
My Friend Code for Diamond, my hack version, is 1805 5204 6808

Thanks sushikitty!
CLICK FOR SOMETHING AMAZING... :3
ludicolo.gif lickilicky.gif I claim Ludicolo and Lickilicky, because no one else will protest about either of them. lickilicky.gif ludicolo.gif
GTS+ Chat. Much like drugs, it's really addicting.
Badges

+Quote Post

TTD
post Oct 12 2008, 08:37 PM
Post #53

In reverence, she shall speak my name.
Group Icon

From: Relegated to the obsidian of freezing celestial bodies.
Member No.: 2 480

Sorrowful Frost

I hate to say it, but you're right........

--------------------
Credits! (click to show)
Gym Badges and Frontier Symbols! (click to show)
If you like metal... (click to show)
+Quote Post

Cinderella Amber
post Nov 29 2008, 07:34 PM
Post #54

WOOMY
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 165

Plushie Collection

The only good thing left about the anime is that you still get really excited if you see a pokemon you absolutely adore or a person you can't get enough of. So far, I've been purposely skipping the pokemon episodes to watch Sonic X unless one of my favourite pokemon was in it, like I'll be doing when they stop slacking and get the Dusknoir episode down here.

Another bad thing about the anime now is that it has too many chain episodes (i.e.: Riolu pt. 1 and Riolu pt. 2) and there's too much time between the gym matches. In the previous sagas, they would've been past the sixth gym by now, but they're taking their sweet time with this saga and aren't even there yet.

They meet someone new in every episode, Team Rocket appears with a faulty tin can of a robot, "Pikachu, Thunderbolt!", "LOOK'S LIKE TEAM ROCKET'S BLASTING OFF AGAIN!!! *ping*", and that's it. Sucky plot, and sucky voice actors. Also, Ash's team needs more coordination. He doesn't think of what he wants or needs to win, he just catches 'em, puts them in a battle, and watches as they lose (usually). Pikachu and Chimchar seem like the only acceptions to me.

Okay, I think I'm done ranting...

--------------------

Twitch Plays Pokemon has taught me three things:
- Praise Helix
- The PC and the B button are both evil incarnate
- Never bet on Entei

I have claims on Banette... but that should be obvious. wink.gif
+Quote Post

Flamer
post Nov 30 2008, 08:04 AM
Post #55

Insert whitty phrase here
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 757

Faves

I gave up on watching the anime a long time ago. I do think it gives Pokemon are far too kiddy image though. Then again, if it wasn't for the anime I would never have got into Pokemon all those years ago, so it's difficult for me to say that I wish they had never made it, but I wish it wasn't so cringe worthy.

--------------------

+Quote Post

torpidEccentric
post Nov 30 2008, 05:05 PM
Post #56

(っ°Д°)っ
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 997

Helios Conference

What we need is a slightly dark Pokemon anime. Maybe they'll make one for Orre. tongue.gif

The only thing I hate is when Ash sees a Pokemon he fought, yet he refers to the pokemon saying, "Who's that?" or "[insert pokemon name here] huh." It really peeves me.

--------------------

Credits here (click to show)

+Quote Post

Vide0Gam3r
post Feb 19 2009, 03:40 AM
Post #57

The Vide0Gam3r
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 240

Active Squad

QUOTE(Damian @ Aug 18 2008, 04:39 PM) *
QUOTE(Swordsalmon @ Oct 7 2007, 07:47 PM) *
Didn't they do that already? I remember seeing an episode with an entirely different cast, with different antagonists, and was actually good!

yeah i remember that
it was pokemon chronicles with the G/S game heros
it was fun but they killed the animes

Yeah, Pokemon Chronicles. In fact, there was one with Ashes old johto friend. (The one with "Sparky"? I forget his name...)

I still watch it sometimes, like the movies, and does Team Rocket break the fourth wall anymore? Looking back, that was kinda funny, but now...

I like the idea of Pokemon, I really do, but it doesn't full on appeal to me anymore. The movies are the best right now though, but his line up is changing so if you don't- Aah, screw it. In the latest movie, his pokemon barely have screen time. He gets them out to eat, then to have fun in the water, and thats it. Other than that, it's O L00K P1K4CHU 15 0N H1S SH0ULD3R IN EVRY SHOT LOL! Except there's the "pikachu flies in on <newest bird pokemon name here>" shot, but... yeah. Do I have to go on? I don't want this to be walloftext.gif , So one last thing...

@Yoshikin: Yeah, as it seems the movies have little continuity with the tv show. That sucks. There's no flashbacks to movies, just earlier episodes. Personally, I think if you don't see the movies: TOO BAD FOR YOU.

--------------------
My Website.

Oh, by the way...
+Quote Post

killaz
post Feb 19 2009, 03:14 PM
Post #58

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 4 169

Active Squad

When I first heard the VA I didn't like them however you do get used to them. Personally what I think 4Kids or PUSA need to understand is that Pokemon was at its most popular about 9-10 years ago. That means that the fans back then will have grown up still enjoying the series and games and should be the main target audience, not young kids who don't understand that the true awesomeness of training Magikarp and finding out its actually good

For the actual series they should start following the manga...it is awesome. For one thing they actually get older and Ash (known as Red) actually evolves his team and doesn't catch every starter pokemon in existence...he doesn't even start off with Pikachu!! Next it integrates all the games main characters into the story (For example Red (Ash) gets kidnapped and Yellow teams up with Green (Gary) to save him). Also the villains are much more evil and cool such as The Mask of Ice.

So thats my opinion.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Apr 13 2009, 01:33 PM
Post #59

Team Rogue: Espeon
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 443

Tuesday's Pack

QUOTE(Sponge @ Sep 27 2007, 04:17 PM) *
What's stopping them from making a more mature pokemon tv show though? Surely they must know that not only kids play pokemon games...

I actually like the anime - the old stuff from the beginning. Haven't had much time to keep up with the new stuff.

The thing that annoys me, though, is, of course, that it was obviously made for children. Actually, it doesn't annoy me so much that it's just a little disappointing. All of the potential dramatic scenes were played down because of the age range, which is understandable, but seriously... I mean, that part in Pokemon: 2000 when Ash was essentially drowned? I love how Misty was saying "breathe, Ash" and shaking him calmly. *headdesk*

Meh, so call me a sucker for drama. :P I do think they should remake them for a more mature audience. Considering pokemon are plotted against one another, you think there'd be more blood. Because there isn't, I think it's easy to forget that the pokemon are made to be living creatures, just as humans, rather than something like, say, digimon, who are computer... erm... simulations, for lack of a better term.

Anyways, there's my rant. :P I vote a more mature pokemon series, but I suppose that we have fanfiction for that, too, eh?

This post has been edited by Umbrae Calamitas: Apr 13 2009, 04:36 PM

--------------------
[align=center]

UPRISING MODERATOR[/align]
+Quote Post

Patrick I
post Apr 17 2009, 02:49 PM
Post #60

Smarter than the average trainer.
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 128

Claims-details in sig

I don't have much against the series...of course it should improve..a little pointers would be...

- Ash should lose more often
- Pikachu should evolve! oh.gif
- Brock should dissappear for a while, so we would miss him and be happy when he returns
- They should mention a person's age in the series....because people say that Dawn is like...10? But she seems too mature for that age...considering her very nice skirt wink.gif And...she has a let's say bust. And she acts older than a 10 years old kid.
- Team Rocket should own from time to time.
- TR should change their moto once again
- Ash should get more enemis
- The protagonists should get girlfriends/boyfriends...just to spice things up
- Ash should hang out with 2 GIRLS for once....:/ Like Dawn and May, without Brock

etc etc...also Charizard must return to Ash for a long period...or Dawn could catch a shiny charmander and evolve it into shiny charizard happy.gif

--------------------

Help them please! happy.gif
And look at my first SHINY! WOOT! Too bad it's not a Charmander sad.gif

Claim list (click to show)

"It's not rap, it's not rap-rock or pop. It's Hollywood Undead bitches! They are something else." (A Wise person)
+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:47 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.