Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Homosexuality, A delicate topic
PawsrentOrigin
post Nov 3 2011, 08:18 PM
Post #1

Seasons Greetings!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 126 421

Active Squad

As I indicated, this is a very delicate topic. But, what are your views on homosexuality?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Darkrow
post Nov 3 2011, 10:22 PM
Post #2

Some frickin' video game nerd.
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 016

Unbreakable Team

I see absolutely nothing wrong with it and I don't understand why some people consider it so evil and horrible.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Meenah
post Nov 4 2011, 06:03 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 153 059

38)

Oh dear. I'm a bit tedious on threads like these because people can get offended.
I believe homosexuality is normal and people can't really pick whom they love. I kind of see it like not liking a certain food over another. You just don't like it.
It kind of disappoints me how some people hastily judge someone because of their sexuality.
Anyways I hope this thread doesn't get out of hand and I hope everyone can be considerate and open minded happy.gif!

--------------------

credit: icon
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Nov 5 2011, 09:46 AM
Post #4

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

everyone against homosexuality is immoral

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Nov 5 2011, 10:20 PM
Post #5

I'm in space...space...spacespace
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 281

space team

Is there even a member of this community who disagrees with it, even a little?

It seems the unanimous consensus is that it's ok.

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
+Quote Post

ShrapnelStars
post Nov 5 2011, 10:31 PM
Post #6

Well, I wish I'd wished you well
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 4 143

Let Us In

QUOTE(Reyo @ Nov 5 2011, 11:20 PM) *

I think there are people who disagree with it, but they get sick of debating it every fifteen seconds and get sick of being told they're the scum of the earth for not agreeing with it. This is the, what, third or fourth thread on it here alone?

I personally disagree with it, but I don't wish any harm on people who support it. I feel that, despite my believing it to be immoral, people should not be freaking harassed over living a different lifestyle. Some of the stuff that happens to homosexuals based on their sexuality alone is ridiculous.

Everyone has different opinions, but you don't get a sense of that here at all, and people really don't like to hear that sentence applied to the pro-homosexuality side of the debate. Cracked's forums/comments are more diverse and have more viewpoints. When I want to engage in healthy debate on anything, I go there. :/

EDIT: spellfail

This post has been edited by Sleepy99Head: Nov 5 2011, 10:48 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Ritsukah
post Nov 6 2011, 07:58 AM
Post #7

Every Sinner Has A Future, Every Saint Has A Past
Group Icon

Member No.: 126 813

My Beloved

I myself see nothing wrong with it.

♂+♀ = <3
♂+♂ = <3
♀+♀ = <3

Love is love.

This is indeed only just my minute 'views on homosexuality', as the topic starter stated.

Homosexuality (somewhat controversial/debated term/word) is also present in some animals, no?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals

--------------------

Yes, I play Spore. I'm an art appreciator, and a very friendly person. So feel free to add me, ask any questions or comment(s). Thank you! wink.gif

ஜ۩۞۩ஜ Zirah the Virizion ஜ۩۞۩ஜ

Soubi, Sakura, Sadao & Seshiru are my lovelies. They couldn't help noticing you noticing them noticing you...smugnod.gif
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Nov 6 2011, 08:14 AM
Post #8

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

Well I don't see any problems with it being homosexual myself.

However people don't judge me based on my sexuality (thankfully), but more on how I act around people. I'm not one of those flamers who go around shoving it in people's faces and down their throats.

Yes you're gay. Big deal. I don't see any reason or need to go around blaring it. Yes you're allowed to be who you are, I accept that. I just think that some individuals go too far in portraying their 'gay image'. It's not necessary (or at least I don't think it is)

People who target 'gay' people just make me skjgfjkrgjhwrljw4. I honestly don't see how different I am in comparison to straight people. Do I look like I'm different? No. I'm human. Just like everyone else. Yes, I may be sexually and physically attracted to my own gender (male), but that doesn't give anyone the right to go around and using it as a reason to target people.

The sooner people start realising this the better.

Like the person above me said. Love is love. I want to love another man, then by what I think I'm going to fucking do so. If anyone sees this as a problem then I really do not care. It's my life, not yours. Who are you to dictate what I can and cannot do?

This post has been edited by Fashion Of His Love: Nov 6 2011, 08:15 AM

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Stark Coyote
post Nov 6 2011, 10:39 AM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 51 188

Active Squad

^ I just love him <3 c:

--------------------

+Quote Post

Me Gusta
post Nov 6 2011, 01:02 PM
Post #10

Hockey Brawl!
Group Icon

Member No.: 152 455

Me Swamsta

well if everyone agrees that there's nothing wrong with it i guess this isn't even a debate

--------------------
Click Them
CLICK ALL THE EGGS
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Nov 6 2011, 09:38 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

space team

QUOTE(Sleepy99Head @ Nov 5 2011, 11:31 PM) *

I think there are people who disagree with it, but they get sick of debating it every fifteen seconds and get sick of being told they're the scum of the earth for not agreeing with it. This is the, what, third or fourth thread on it here alone?

I personally disagree with it, but I don't wish any harm on people who support it. I feel that, despite my believing it to be immoral, people should not be freaking harassed over living a different lifestyle. Some of the stuff that happens to homosexuals based on their sexuality alone is ridiculous.

Everyone has different opinions, but you don't get a sense of that here at all, and people really don't like to hear that sentence applied to the pro-homosexuality side of the debate. Cracked's forums/comments are more diverse and have more viewpoints. When I want to engage in healthy debate on anything, I go there. :/

How so, is it immoral?

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

+Quote Post

ShrapnelStars
post Nov 7 2011, 02:15 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Let Us In

QUOTE(Reyo @ Nov 6 2011, 09:38 PM) *

How so, is it immoral?

Well, I believe it goes against God's original intention of how romance and sexuality are supposed to operate, which would be between a man and a woman. I am aware that the majority of people on the internet don't believe in God and don't believe that this is a "good enough" reason, but, well, it simply isn't more elaborate than that. I have no intention on policing what people do in their lives (not that you said I did), but that's just my opinion on the matter. I'm not trying to force it on anyone. I don't harbor hatred or bigotry or anything. I simply disagree.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Nov 7 2011, 06:04 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

space team

QUOTE(Sleepy99Head @ Nov 7 2011, 03:15 PM) *
QUOTE(Reyo @ Nov 6 2011, 09:38 PM) *

How so, is it immoral?

Well, I believe it goes against God's original intention of how romance and sexuality are supposed to operate, which would be between a man and a woman. I am aware that the majority of people on the internet don't believe in God and don't believe that this is a "good enough" reason, but, well, it simply isn't more elaborate than that. I have no intention on policing what people do in their lives (not that you said I did), but that's just my opinion on the matter. I'm not trying to force it on anyone. I don't harbor hatred or bigotry or anything. I simply disagree.

How religious a person would you say you are?

And believe me when I say I'm not trying to back you in some sort of corner, I'm just trying to figure if there's any more specific a reason behind your feelings, or if it's something that's been "impregnated" into you. Not to try and devalue the topic by referencing a cartoon, but in family guy, Brian's cousin was getting married to another male. One of the topics of that particular episode was that Lois disagreed with homosexuality because "she just didn't agree with it". Now I know that you have a more specific and tangible reason, but it eventually came out that "it was just how she was raised".

Another question, are you aware of the brain chemistry behind the hypothalamus and human sexuality?

--------------------

+Quote Post

ShrapnelStars
post Nov 7 2011, 08:53 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Let Us In

QUOTE(Reyo @ Nov 7 2011, 06:04 PM) *

And believe me when I say I'm not trying to back you in some sort of corner, I'm just trying to figure if there's any more specific a reason behind your feelings, or if it's something that's been "impregnated" into you. Not to try and devalue the topic by referencing a cartoon, but in family guy, Brian's cousin was getting married to another male. One of the topics of that particular episode was that Lois disagreed with homosexuality because "she just didn't agree with it". Now I know that you have a more specific and tangible reason, but it eventually came out that "it was just how she was raised".

Another question, are you aware of the brain chemistry behind the hypothalamus and human sexuality?

I'd say that I'm fairly religious. Not die-hard, but not completely lax about it, either.

I don't feel that the sexuality itself is invalid, nor are the feelings between a man and the man he loves, or a woman and the woman she loves. It's part of free will. As far as tangibility goes, I consider it a situation that has to do with where a person goes in the afterlife. I know that's not tangible here on Earth and that not everyone believes in life after death, though. I consider myself a compassionate, yet polite person. I'd rather not see someone do something that would separate them from a positive afterlife, but at the same time I know that it is extremely rude to encroach on someone's freedom to do as they wish.

I have heard of some of the studies on the brain and sexuality, though I am not entirely familiar with all of them. I have heard of the studies about a person's sexuality being decided genetically before birth and I don't disagree on that happening. What I do believe is that humans have the element of responsibility within them and that they don't have to be slaves to their desires. The Bible says that sin and disobedience were engraved into human nature after the fall of man, so it feels easy and natural to want to do many things, but that doesn't necessarily mean a person should. Free will is still among us, as it should be, which makes the choice to follow or abstain from different instincts entirely up to the individual.

(I hope that made sense. pinch.gif)

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Nov 7 2011, 10:21 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

space team

QUOTE(Sleepy99Head @ Nov 7 2011, 09:53 PM) *
QUOTE(Reyo @ Nov 7 2011, 06:04 PM) *

I'd say that I'm fairly religious. Not die-hard, but not completely lax about it, either.

I don't feel that the sexuality itself is invalid, nor are the feelings between a man and the man he loves, or a woman and the woman she loves. It's part of free will. As far as tangibility goes, I consider it a situation that has to do with where a person goes in the afterlife. I know that's not tangible here on Earth and that not everyone believes in life after death, though. I consider myself a compassionate, yet polite person. I'd rather not see someone do something that would separate them from a positive afterlife, but at the same time I know that it is extremely rude to encroach on someone's freedom to do as they wish.

I have heard of some of the studies on the brain and sexuality, though I am not entirely familiar with all of them. I have heard of the studies about a person's sexuality being decided genetically before birth and I don't disagree on that happening. What I do believe is that humans have the element of responsibility within them and that they don't have to be slaves to their desires. The Bible says that sin and disobedience were engraved into human nature after the fall of man, so it feels easy and natural to want to do many things, but that doesn't necessarily mean a person should. Free will is still among us, as it should be, which makes the choice to follow or abstain from different instincts entirely up to the individual.

(I hope that made sense. pinch.gif)

Ok, so it's a matter of free will, which basically states that we are the masters of everything we think and do. The main question in that is why homosexuals are designed in such a way that free will is hindered, given that your basic belief is that homosexuals are given those urges, but told not to enact on them.

Luckily, you don't go out of your way to hinder the "homosexual front", but I still don't quite understand is why a God would, being omnipotent, designate certain individuals, before they are born, towards homosexuality, and then punish them for forces they were designed to have trouble controlling. What criteria did God use to say that THIS person would have to choose between good, clean happiness (in reference to the fact that homosexuality doesn't hurt ANYBODY) at the cost of eternal damnation, or a struggle with life riddled with depression just to attain the same thing someone doesn't have to work nearly as hard for? Better yet, why should I call this God benevolent?

God works in mysterious ways? That's the go-to answer when someone has a result, but no explanation, and is ultimately unscientific. Since you said that you see no issue between religion and science (or at least hinted at it, otherwise you would have discredited the science behind homosexuality and the brain, no?), and mentioned it in a comment relating homosexuality and religion, I should have no reason to think you wouldn't sympathize with a request to explain it with a more scientific based answer.

This post has been edited by Reyo: Nov 7 2011, 10:26 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

ShrapnelStars
post Nov 7 2011, 11:03 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Let Us In

I don't believe God created homosexuality as something people are supposed to follow. It was a sin that developed when humanity fell out of favor with God. Since God allows free will, He doesn't just erase anything He disapproves of off of the face of the Earth. He allows people to choose whether they want to follow on with it or not because He doesn't want to force Himself on others, either. I don't think He wants people to suffer and be in torment with the decision of whether to go on with it or not. That suffering is a result of the fall of mankind. Different people are born with different struggles in life. It's no different than if a person were born blind or into an impoverished family, etc. Life simply isn't meant to be easy for anyone. I feel that the benevolence comes from the fact that God exists to help all people through whatever lot they've been given if they allow Him to. I understand if you don't see it that way.

When it comes to the science, however, I don't feel that I am adequately studied in it to debate you on that front, and that is where I'd like to graciously bow out.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Not Gizmo
post Nov 7 2011, 11:19 PM
Post #17

it's not a trolley
Group Icon

Member No.: 115 631

*splahes about*

What I do believe is that humans have the element of responsibility within them and that they don't have to be slaves to their desires.

yes. your absolutely right. i do have the element of responsibility.

im gay.

im not a slave to my desires.

i have always questioned whether i chose to be gay or i was born gay. when your a kid, whatever your thinking to yourself never comes to mind as a bad thing. i can't remember much about my childhood, mainly because i have a pretty bad memory, but as far as i can remember, when i was about 6 or 7, i remember having some sort of... erm... magnitism, to say the least, to other boys. it had never occurred to me that i was gay, i just felt it was normal. i literally had this same, strange thought process until i was about 13 or 14; thats when i realised "holy crap, im gay". now obviously, i would be scared like most people would, mainly because of my brother. he always bullies me, even up to this day. jokingly though (without knowing yet), he would call me a fa**ot, like, almost every day. its very stressful because society can be so harsh. even after i came out and began to feel much more confident, i still felt scared, because it tears my heart that other people out there in this world, where its allowed, people can get the death penalty for being gay.

people are dying because of how they are born. i know you said you think it's wrong to inflict physical pain on someone simply because of their lifestyle choice, and im really glad you think that way. i always tried REALLY hard to force myself to be attracted to another female, but it didn't work. it just doesn't work, and it never will.

so, is it lust? a fetish, even? if its lust, then how do i break out of it? if i stop liking men, then who will i like since i don't already like women? do i force myself to like women? since im forcing myself, knowing that i will be unhappy for the rest of my life, do i just stop and start liking men again? a strange, endless cycle... and all i have to do to end it, is just accept the fact that im gay, and that will never change. there are other gay people out there who say they changed through *insert pathetic gay conversion method here*, yet in reality, they are all unhappy, but they're just hiding it, and that really saddens me. it feels almost like if i was born that way. and honestly, im not saying that through a "gay" perspective to prove a point, im saying this from the bottom of my heart, that ever since i can remember even living, up to this point, this exact second, that i absolutely did not choose to be this way. it just felt so natural.

i mean, seriously, like i WANNA be a minority. >_>
and i don't mean to say that like "i don't want to be gay right now because im a minority", im just saying that no one would want to be purposely hated by people, unless of course they were born that way; only then would it feel natural and loving to that person. i know im normal, and im a human being.

i like your perspective though; you have your own opinion that your entitled to and you don't kill people with it, and i have my own way of living and i don't flash it at people like a desperate way of attention. its just as the world should be; respectful towards one another, filled with a rainbow of different lifestyles and beliefs.

I plus love equals I love you~ <3

This post has been edited by Gizmokarp: Nov 7 2011, 11:22 PM

--------------------

.: x :.
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Nov 8 2011, 12:41 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

space team

QUOTE(Sleepy99Head @ Nov 8 2011, 12:03 AM) *
I don't believe God created homosexuality as something people are supposed to follow. It was a sin that developed when humanity fell out of favor with God. Since God allows free will, He doesn't just erase anything He disapproves of off of the face of the Earth. He allows people to choose whether they want to follow on with it or not because He doesn't want to force Himself on others, either. I don't think He wants people to suffer and be in torment with the decision of whether to go on with it or not. That suffering is a result of the fall of mankind. Different people are born with different struggles in life. It's no different than if a person were born blind or into an impoverished family, etc. Life simply isn't meant to be easy for anyone. I feel that the benevolence comes from the fact that God exists to help all people through whatever lot they've been given if they allow Him to. I understand if you don't see it that way.

When it comes to the science, however, I don't feel that I am adequately studied in it to debate you on that front, and that is where I'd like to graciously bow out.

then that's a question of God's true ability and intention. Either he's capable of erasing homosexuality, isn't, and judging people for it, in which case he isn't benevolent, or he isn't able to erase it, in which case he isn't omnipotent. And how can it be a matter of we can, but he's pained in having to "send homosexuals to hell"? He's God, why would he have to put up with such a thing? It can't be because he loves us because he's pretty much doing everything short of entrapment.

And what active role IS God taking in "helping all people" especially with homosexuality? Is it in the people? God would know that people would have to be proficient in science in order to successfully convince people, yet most people I know in science don't see any sort of issue with homosexuality, even if they're also religious.

The rest of this comment I'll place in spoilers since it'll contain sensitive information pertaining to "The Adjustment Bureau".

The Adjustment Bureau (click to show)

If this sounds too angry, or inherently insulting, just keep in mind most of it was due to the movie, not you. I actually rather respect you for saying "When it comes to the science, however, I don't feel that I am adequately studied in it to debate you on that front, and that is where I'd like to graciously bow out." since most people would just keep going anyway.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Lugia182
post Nov 8 2011, 03:30 PM
Post #19

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 127 341

Favourites

I'm completely okay with it, but what bugs me is when people go on and on about it... like you're gay, good for you. Be proud of it, by all means, I'm sure it wasn't easy coming out, you probably got some stick for it (that's all too commonplace around here), but you're still you. It is a part of who you are, yes, but it doesn't define you as a whole really.

Religious (I am not suggesting that all religious people are against homosexuality, just thought I'd point that out) views on homosexuality are one of the many reasons that I don't like religion. Like fair enough you disagree with it, but there's no need to use that as en excuse to actually insult people who choose to live their lives that way. (That's not directed at you Sleepy99Head, btw, I realise it might look like it is, I'm just talking generally).
+Quote Post

Pokii
post Nov 8 2011, 05:12 PM
Post #20

Adorable Demonic Pinecone
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 2 319

ORAS Team

People are people, and people color the world. I fail to understand how in this day and age where we've managed to more or less get beyond judging people based on sex and ethnicity that we're still judging people on their sexuality.

The things that really get me about it that I generally see are sheer ignorance and hypocrisy. For instance, you show a typical straight guy two men kissing and he'll probably not enjoy it too much. However, you show him two women kissing and the exact opposite is the case. I've seen this more often than I can say, either with personal examples or on TV or in movies. It's a double standard, and a really stupidly overlooked (or at least ignored) one.

Likewise, the "sacred" tradition of marriage has become a sham as well. People can order mail-order brides, get drive-thru Vegas married, or more commonly (and realistically) use marriage as a device to screw people out of money, property, custody, etc. Also, there are more states where you can marry your cousin than you can marry someone of the same sex as yourself.

In addition, while I would rather not bring up religion regarding this subject it's practically impossible as it is basically the cause of this issue to begin with. But I find that more often than not, the reason people feel the way they do is because they were taught to feel that way at an early age and not to question anything about it for themselves.

While I don't want to insult anyone's faith, I find it hard to trust their opinion on something that they've been taught from before they could think and is quite frankly hateful and discriminatory towards human beings. I mean seriously, think about it for a second. As an example, if someone walked up and told you right now to hate all Hispanic people, you'd probably think they were some racist nutcase. But if you were taught to feel that way from an early age, it wouldn't seem wrong to you at all. That's what you were taught from day one, so you consider it to be fact. You haven't yet learned that not everything isn't black and white, and that people's feelings and opinions can sway what they say and do. Again, you haven't learned to really think.

Again, I really am not trying to put down religion, but I find that it is another one of those things that children are exposed to before they can really consider things (like politics) and are more or less brainwashed into believing is the absolute truth, which is reinforced again and again long before they ever encounter other people with different views, beliefs, cultures, or lifestyles. While I hate to use the word "brainwashing" since it sounds so negative, but it's the best word I can come up with to fit the context.

But look, I'm a Christian. Barely, but I am. The reason being that I've come to be so skeptical of everything having been raised in a severely Conservatively Christian home and since come to see all the different cultures and types of people in life and understanding how things work, but there are things that have happened to me personally that I simply cannot explain and have felt there was something more to, in addition to the fact that I find that everything in life is far too complex and well designed to simply have been farted into existence by some cosmic anomaly. But there you have it.

t;dr: Anyway, even Christianity too encourages the Golden Rule (right?), which basically is the key to winning at life. Treat others the way you want to be treated. Just as hate multiplies itself, so does kindness and understanding. While it would be ideal, we will likely never completely overcome such obstacles as sexism, racism, judging people on sexual orientation, etc. but as long as you at least respect other people as human beings and judge them on their character rather than all those things I've listed over and over, I think we can all get along well enough, right?

--------------------
| | | | |

Make me an avatar!

Spoiler (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:19 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.