Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Read before you post!

Please make sure to check the GPX+ Help Page before posting!

The GPX+ Help Page has a wealth of information. Please help prevent clutter in this forum by first checking the Help Page before you post a thread.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Shinies! Shinies everywhere! (Except for me)
Breech Loader
post Dec 11 2015, 08:53 AM
Post #1

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 228 368

Active Squad

Am I doing something wrong?

I mean, I hatch lots of eggs. But every other person I see has a shiny in their list (not counting how everybody's hatching fire eggs right now). But I hardly ever seem to get them.

First, does shiny hunting increase your chances? And is there anything I can do to increase my chances of hatching a shinyy pokemon?

It's just that not only have I only ever gotten one 'random' shiny, but also it takes about 250 eggs to hatch even in my Shiny recorder.

This post has been edited by Breech Loader: Dec 11 2015, 08:55 AM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Dr Electric
post Dec 11 2015, 09:18 AM
Post #2

A wannabe Doctor thinking he already is one.
Group Icon

Member No.: 230 954

My Electric Knights

QUOTE(Breech Loader @ Dec 11 2015, 07:23 PM) *

I mean, I hatch lots of eggs. But every other person I see has a shiny in their list (not counting how everybody's hatching fire eggs right now). But I hardly ever seem to get them.

First, does shiny hunting increase your chances? And is there anything I can do to increase my chances of hatching a shinyy pokemon?

It's just that not only have I only ever gotten one 'random' shiny, but also it takes about 250 eggs to hatch even in my Shiny recorder.

Hatching shiny mons are purely random and probability based factors. Shine recorder doesn't boost you shine luck, it just records in how many eggs on an average do you get shiny mons. Any given egg has a probability of 1/300(?) to hatch a shiny. You can do nothing to increase your shiny rate other than to pray to Arceus. tongue.gif And don't worry, you're not the only one, even I'm having shiny drought. crying.gif

--------------------

PM me for Social Network add request/Shiny race request. I will answer for sure.

My shining beauties:

My groups (click to show)

Avatar credited to Cycloneblaze from Cycloneshop II.

+Quote Post

Breech Loader
post Dec 11 2015, 09:51 AM
Post #3

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 228 368

Active Squad

Mmmm. Thanks.

Well, I am kinda concentrating on Alt-sprites in these Dreidle times (which means constantly evolving things).
+Quote Post

Easley
post Dec 11 2015, 01:32 PM
Post #4

Because a Pandora Box is more tempting when it's closed.
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 197 774

Warriors~

I've ever hatched like 10 eggs to get one shiny, on the other hand I hatched 1000+ eggs on another shiny. I've ever had this desperation of wanting the shiny so bad but hatching eggs (especially in normal day) seems to be endless of waiting and waiting for uncertainty. X"D

So, I think it's better to just not really think about how many eggs you've hatched or how long until you got one, because it will only depresses you more. Just keep hatching and clicking (to help eggs' maturity grow faster).

Btw chances are bigger when it's on multiplier day with multiplier effort x"D As for me, I had to online all day and having to adjust my online time with other user because the more users online, it's more likely for them to hatch eggs that I shiny-hunting to and interact to my party, which makes the eggs' maturity grow faster and chances of shiny eggs appear in shelter (since chance people will hatch the same egg as us bigger). The rest depends on luck XD

PS: When I first started this shiny hunting thing, I chose one with lower maturity first because I can't wait x"D If it's not in the multiplier day and you have the time to online for long time, I advice you to go with lower eggs' maturity, since it hatch faster. grin.gif

Edit: PS: After seeing your profile, I realized you're even luckier than me with all those shinies :"D I think you're already doing good.

This post has been edited by Easley: Dec 11 2015, 01:34 PM

--------------------
Meet me at GPX+ grin.gif
I'm currently unavailable to trade away Sky Gifts! PM me if you'd like to trade!
(unknown Sky Gifts are ready to trade!)
English is not my native language, so please bear with my broken English, ok? XD

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, so it seems that my party wants to say hello! grin.gif

Thanks for Kila & Lunar Dance for the beautiful Trinkets!

Proudly a part of: (click to show)

Shinies (click to show)
+Quote Post

The Majestic Mr ...
post Dec 11 2015, 04:20 PM
Post #5

The Green Thunder, Kell of L's, Keeper of Stars
Group Icon

Member No.: 212 177

Exuberant

QUOTE(Breech Loader @ Dec 11 2015, 08:53 AM) *

No offense, but 250 eggs is NOT a lot. I know several people on here who've gone past 1000, and I've gotten very close to that mark. There's nothing I can really tell you other than hatch more eggs.
One of my hunts has lasted since May in fact. To be fair it is a novelty hunt, which are hard to come by because you only get like 1 every so often and rarely a batch of two.

--------------------

Light is a spectrum. Why limit yourself to a single hue?

Nintendo 3DS FC: 1950-9577-7656
Switch FC: Mr. L: 5429-0347-5697

PM me if you want to add me. happy.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. L banner made by Luigi Mario
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I'M REALLY FEELING IT!
+Quote Post

Aragarthiel
post Dec 11 2015, 06:57 PM
Post #6

GPX's resident Arcanine fan
Group Icon

Member No.: 97 889

My Favehs

Yeah, there's nothing you can really do, you'll go through dry spells occasionally and other times you'll get a whole bunch in a short period of time. Just a few months ago I managed to get 4 or 5 shinies in a week, but I've only had two since September, and those were for the SWSH at the peak of multipliers and egg breeding. I currently have two hunts ~500 eggs and I wouldn't be surprised if they both decided to go over 1000 at the same time.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Dohyl
post Dec 12 2015, 06:47 PM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 199 912

Active Squad

Yeah man nothing you can do. I'm at magikarp shiny hunt at the moment, 387 eggs and still nothing but also found giratina egg in lab in the meantime. It's all pure luck.

--------------------
+Quote Post

CzarNicholas
post Dec 15 2015, 10:09 PM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 618

Mah Prettiez

No need to worry! I'm grazing 1000 on my Mudkip hunt, but this past week I got a shiny Tropius in 7 eggs. Its the luck of the draw!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 03:44 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.