Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Gifted - A Pokemon Journey RP, OOC/Sign Up Thread.
Lyceus
post Aug 30 2013, 09:30 PM
Post #1

Elite Four
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 48 078

X Team

Just an idea that popped into my head.

Story/Plot (click to show)

Rules (click to show)

Powers (click to show)

This post has been edited by Proddit: Oct 13 2013, 07:47 PM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Lyceus
post Aug 30 2013, 09:31 PM
Post #2

Elite Four
Group Icon

X Team

Proddit - Charm (click to show)

Toogee - Healing (click to show)

water1997 - Telepathy (click to show)

This post has been edited by Proddit: Oct 13 2013, 04:20 PM
+Quote Post

Jett Ryu
post Aug 30 2013, 09:46 PM
Post #3

The Black Dragon/Ghost
Group Icon

Member No.: 202 427

The Dream Team

This seems interesting. But I'd like more of a background for the story. Is there some major conflict? Why are these children receiving such powers and abilities? Stuff like that I'd like to specifically find out before I join.

--------------------
This will be the day we've waited for
This will be the day we open up the door
I don't wanna hear your absolution
Hope your ready for a revolution
Welcome to a world of new solutions
Welcome to a world of bloody evolution
In time your heart will open minds
A story will be told
And victory is in a simple soul

Highschool of the Dead: Sin City | Character artist(s) wanted!
+Quote Post

Lyceus
post Sep 1 2013, 04:34 PM
Post #4

Elite Four
Group Icon

X Team

The story is just the same as the one in Black 2/White 2. Team Plasma up to no good, that kinda thing. And I don't know on the powers really. I was just looking at characters from the Pokemon Adventures manga and the main characters had special skills, like Red's special skill was battling, Blue's is Training, Green's is Evolving and Yellow's was Healing Pokemon. So I just thought that was interesting.

This post has been edited by Proddit: Sep 1 2013, 04:36 PM
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Sep 1 2013, 09:16 PM
Post #5

Weak Livered Milk Drinker
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 208

And a Golurk

I haven't done one of these in a while. What's the activity going to be like? I've got loads of stuff going on, so I'm not sure I could post every day or something like that.

I'll reserve Healing in the meanwhile.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

Credit for 2gamer's Seel of Approval (click to show)
+Quote Post

Lyceus
post Sep 2 2013, 09:38 AM
Post #6

Elite Four
Group Icon

X Team

Well I wouldn't expect a post every day, maybe like 2 or 3 posts a week at least. Well that's as much as I can usually post due to being busy or just not knowing what to post yet.
+Quote Post

water1997
post Sep 2 2013, 09:47 AM
Post #7

I-I'm Canada...
Group Icon

Member No.: 200 685

Team Denali 7-2

Could you save a spot (healing if possible) for me? I'll make my form ASAP.

--------------------
Please tell me, my father, this is the correct choice, am I right? How is the heartless me supposed to understand?
(~Director Doll, in the song Master of the Court)

My GPX party (click to show)

Personality Quiz Results (click to show)

My (Current) Roleplays (click to show)
+Quote Post

Lyceus
post Sep 2 2013, 09:57 AM
Post #8

Elite Four
Group Icon

X Team

Sure, but Toogee reserved healing, so it'll have to be one of the others.
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Sep 2 2013, 12:58 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

And a Golurk

Name: Joy Ava
Power: Healing - Small wounds can be healed with ease and almost instantly. Bigger ones takes more effort and energy. Works with the environment as well. Sometimes people just feel a bit better just being around you.

Appearance:

Bio: Ava was born into the Joy clan, a family that that founded the pokemon nursing profession. From a young age, Ava was taught the art of healing pokemon, destined to inherit the title of Joy and manage one of the many pokemon centers around the world. No, Joy is not her actual name but rather a title similar to doctor. Her first name is used in family gatherings, as it would get really confusing otherwise. Most people assume her name is Joy, but only her friends call her by her own name.

As a girl, the other Joys knew Ava was rather unique among them. They saw her conversing with pokemon, able to help diagnose health problems. Ava was able to listen to the chanseys and audinos and help coordinate them during peak times. It was a gift that was rather handy and would be a boon in their business, but fate had one last gift to bestow upon Ava.

At 13, Ava was serving as an apprentice in the pokemon center in Aspertia City. She was learning how to run the pokemon center from an elder Nurse Joy. It was a fairly quiet city, so it was perfect for training. One day, in an attempt to treat a confused wild sawsbuck, the elder nurse was gored by the pokemon’s antlers. Ava was in tears after seeing her aunt mortally wounded. The girl sat by her side, holding her hand to make her feel better. Then, a miracle happened: the nurse was rapidly recovering from the wound! It closed up on its own even before the ambulance arrived. However, it drained Ava to the point of putting her in a coma for 2 days. When she awoke, several of her aunts as well as her mother were by her bedside. They told her that she had the healing touch, an ability not seen in their clan since the first Joy. It was quite clear that Ava was destined to become a Joy, perhaps the greatest of them.

For two years, Ava trained her ability to help both pokemon and humans alike. With training, she was able to heal cuts, bruises, and burns in a matter of seconds with but a simple touch. A cheerful smile seemed to be all it took to drive depression away. She hadn’t encountered anything life-threatening since that day two days ago, so she wasn’t sure what would happen should she need to assist then.

Though Ava looked forward to the day when she would have her own pokemon center, she also realized that that would be the rest of her life. Sure, there were plenty of family members to serve as relief if she needed a vacation, there would be no time for anything major. Ava wanted to see the country, meet people, and most of all, go on a pokemon journey in order to bond with those she would be treating. The nurses were hesitant with letting her out in the world, especially one with her gift. Yet, the experience would only be beneficial to her career. And so, her journey began…

Pokemon: Audino
Nickname: Dino
Lvl: 5
Moves: Pound, Helping Hand, Refresh, Wish*
*egg move
Ability: Healer

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Lyceus
post Sep 2 2013, 02:46 PM
Post #10

Elite Four
Group Icon

X Team

Interesting character, accepted.
+Quote Post

water1997
post Sep 2 2013, 08:12 PM
Post #11

I-I'm Canada...
Group Icon

Team Denali 7-2

Then would telepathy work?

--------------------
Please tell me, my father, this is the correct choice, am I right? How is the heartless me supposed to understand?

+Quote Post

Toogee
post Sep 2 2013, 08:46 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

And a Golurk

Quick question: How is the group meeting up? If this is to go like the game, I assume they will all start in Aspertia. I'm guessing that the only four people that can talk to pokemon meeting up is more than just a coincidence. Perhaps a professor gathered them up for some special mission?

@ water: No one has taken it, so go for it wink.gif

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Lyceus
post Sep 2 2013, 09:07 PM
Post #13

Elite Four
Group Icon

X Team

Yep Telepathy is free.

And yeah, the professor could have heard about the four being able to communicate with pokemon and understand them and then wants their help on a special research project or something. And then the group gets wrapped up in Team Plasma's shenanigans for some reason. I will admit that I didn't plan the whole thing out so at the moment it'll probably just be a 'see what happens as we go along' kind of thing, unless my useless plot making skills get better.
+Quote Post

water1997
post Sep 3 2013, 03:37 PM
Post #14

I-I'm Canada...
Group Icon

Team Denali 7-2

Here's the form! If you want anything changed, please let me know.

Name: Sakura
Power: Telepathy - Talking to people with your mind. With concentration you can even read thoughts sometimes, too much can cause headaches and fatigue. May have the ability, with enough concentration and energy, to move small objects through telekinesis.

Appearance: Sakura has ice blue eyes and dark hair with acid green streaks that's cut short. Her hair is also very spiky. She's medium height for her age and walks as though her head is in the clouds. She usually wears plain black t-shirts, some of which have gold-colored emblems on them, with shorts.

Bio: Sakura was always overshadowed in her family, although everyone knew she could talk to Pokemon. Both her cousin and cousin's best friend were Gym Leaders, and she felt like she needed to live up to them. One time when she had been ignored by her cousin and her cousin's friend, she got lost in the woods. Night was fast approaching and she was truly scared. She managed to get directions home from a Purrloin. Not much else happened, until her 13th birthday. On her 13th birthday, her birthday wasn't really acknowledged because her parents were busy. She pretended that it didn't bother her, and she just continued with her day as normal. Her cousin, who was visiting, asked her if she really didn't mind not having her new status as a 13 year old noticed. Shocked at her cousin's perceptiveness, Sakura asked, "How did you know?!" to which her cousin replied, "You told me." She then realized that she could talk telepathically. Sakura was still overshadowed, and pleaded with her overprotective parents to let her start wandering around Unova. Her parents finally gave in, and she started her journey.

Pokemon: Zoura
Nickname: Heloise
Moves: Scratch, Leer, Pursuit
Ability: Illusion

--------------------

+Quote Post

Lyceus
post Sep 3 2013, 04:16 PM
Post #15

Elite Four
Group Icon

X Team

Accepted.

One space left now, I'll get my own character written up tomorrow sometime.
+Quote Post

water1997
post Sep 3 2013, 09:05 PM
Post #16

I-I'm Canada...
Group Icon

Team Denali 7-2

Thanks! I can't wait to start!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Toogee
post Sep 4 2013, 10:13 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

And a Golurk

QUOTE(Proddit @ Sep 2 2013, 09:07 PM) *
And yeah, the professor could have heard about the four being able to communicate with pokemon and understand them and then wants their help on a special research project or something. And then the group gets wrapped up in Team Plasma's shenanigans for some reason. I will admit that I didn't plan the whole thing out so at the moment it'll probably just be a 'see what happens as we go along' kind of thing, unless my useless plot making skills get better.

Here's something for a basic plot:

A professor found out that four kids had the ability to understand pokemon. He/she gets them together to go find wild populations and ask them what they think of the world and of people in the hopes of forming some sort of ambassadorship between them. Along the way, the group helps the pokemon solve problems and eventually in facing off with Team Plasma.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Lyceus
post Sep 5 2013, 03:21 PM
Post #18

Elite Four
Group Icon

X Team

Wow that sounds really good, I'll edit it in where the plot is instead of what I wrote, if that's okay?

My internet was a little bit funny last night so I'm gonna get my form done now.

Quick edit, still need to tweak my form a bit, but it's mostly done. I think.

This post has been edited by Proddit: Sep 5 2013, 07:24 PM
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Sep 5 2013, 08:10 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

And a Golurk

QUOTE(Proddit @ Sep 5 2013, 03:21 PM) *
Wow that sounds really good, I'll edit it in where the plot is instead of what I wrote, if that's okay?

Cool, but how about a twist?

What if that Professor happens to be the researcher Colress? There is an intriguing quote when you defeat him on route 4:

"It's so frustrating! If only we could talk to Pokémon in order to bring out their power! But there's no way a person like that could ever exist!"

Imagine his surprise when he finds that four such people exist. It will be him that sets up the group, making sure they travel together under the guise of becoming ambassadors.

Colress will play a double agent: he encourages the group to journey and stop Team Plasma, all the while running Team Plasma himself. The entire conflict is his personal science experiment. He'll put the group in perilous situations just to see if their bonds with pokemon are strong enough to help them survive.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

water1997
post Sep 5 2013, 08:43 PM
Post #20

I-I'm Canada...
Group Icon

Team Denali 7-2

Ooh! That sounds awesome!

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:15 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.