Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Y2K Syndrome~OOC & SU Thread, The side effects
Mercutio3
post Jun 8 2014, 01:05 PM
Post #1

The third and only!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 56 656

Kiwis

I must congratulate you on finding my humble website! Unfortunately, the web page you have been looking for does not exist. Oh, this is no server error. I mean to say that whatever you were looking for is not here and was never here. I must apologize for this, but I've been dying to introduce myself. You may simply refer to me as Y2K. I'm sure you've heard of all that "End of the World" nonsense coming out of that date, especially considering it must be right around the time of your birth. The collective human consciousness is funny like that. They created their own end of the world.

But your birth date hasn't been the only unusual fact of your life, has it? That's right. I know about your abilities, and I would tell you that I'm coming to find you, but I am sure you will come to find me. I'm dying to talk to you more, but I must be taking my leave now. I'm afraid that your computer has been overtaken by a nasty virus, and should permanently crash exactly 10 minutes after the loading of this page.

Happy Hunting.
Y2K

Plot (click to show)

The Effects of the Experiment (click to show)

Rules (click to show)

Sign-Up Form! (click to show)

Accepted Users and Their Characters~! (click to show)

I forget things all the time, and the plot is a little vague here, so if you have any questions/comments/ideas/etc, don't hesitate to ask and share!

This post has been edited by Aberrant Mercutio: Jun 18 2014, 06:51 PM

--------------------

Credits!! (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

The Shadow
post Jun 8 2014, 01:16 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 79 425

My Dream Team

Is thinking up a signup

Meanwhile yesterday I was watching some Marvel vs Capcom 3 tourneys and did you guys ever notice how Vengeful Joe (or whatever his name is) looks like kamina.gif

Yep. Interesting huh? But anyway this isn't my signup sheet so far... However I might just edit this post.

--------------------

Wanna dance? (click to show)
+Quote Post

Mercutio3
post Jun 8 2014, 01:24 PM
Post #3

The third and only!
Group Icon

Kiwis

You'll need to read the rules again, Shad... XD I'm not going to hold it against you, because (A) I know you're not a n00b, (B) My rules are really long, and © Technically not a sign-up post.

I'm about to start making mine. c:

EDIT: Apparently, ( C ) makes it copyrighted...

This post has been edited by Aberrant Mercutio: Jun 8 2014, 01:25 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kayrinda
post Jun 8 2014, 02:27 PM
Post #4

The White Star-Wolf
Group Icon

Member No.: 184 437

Favorites

Character's Name: Viivi Hjersted
Nickname(s): ~ (unless someone gives her one)
Personality: Even though at first Viivi might seem a little bit quiet, she actually is very, very loud once people get to know her. Viivi loves to meet new people, and especially after moving to America, her social skills have gotten better. In school she isn't a 'popular kid', but everybody know her, if not by name, at least by face. However, even though she has an extrovert kind of a personality, she only has a small group of really good friends and she enjoys her time with them. The only thing is, most of her friends are guys, which she doesn't mind - she likes playing video games with them. She likes maths and science, but hated Swedish back in Finland.
History: Viivi has been born in the USA, but she moved to Finland's west coast with her family - her parents were from there. They lived there until she was twelve, before they had to move back, thanks to her father's job as a coder and her mom's job as an engineer. Because of this frequent moving, Viivi had a hard time getting friends in Finland and USA alike. However, she quickly learned the way of socializing and things got better - and her grades got better, too.
Appearance: Being from a Nordic country, Viivi has light skin, which tans easily, blonde hair which can turn platinum during the summer, and grey-bluish eyes. She has cut her hair short and shaggy, because it is much more easy to sail during the summers with short hair (they return to Finland every summer, where they sail all summer long on the Baltic Sea). She's 167 cm and weights 53 kg ((man, I never learned the inch-feet thingy, nor the pound thingy. I mean, the whooole world uses metric system, except 'Murica! Why, America, why? Metric is so much easier. And Celcius is easier. grin.gif))
Type 2 Abilities: ~People instinctively like you a lot ~Slightly decreased strength and slightly increased speed ~Increased hearing ~Empathy towards plants ~High tolerance to cold
Type 3 Ability: Light Manipulation
Limitations: Viivi needs a source of light - even electric goes, but she prefers sunlight. Using her powers makes her tired and hungry over time, but she can restore herself by sleeping and eating. She might also get hurt by her own attacks and she needs to stay focused all the time while using her powers, or she might release too much power. If she uses too much, her body may eventually burst to flames (but that is only when she has totally used all of her energy to the last drop).
Whose inbox are we going to spam if s/he joins?: The Shadow grin.gif
Other: Curses in Finnish. No exceptions. Also, she might say Finnish words like 'cottoncandy' (hattara) in a very angry manner just to make it sound like a curse word.

This post has been edited by Kayrinda: Jun 8 2014, 11:33 PM

--------------------
-not a native English speaker
-Geek 4 life
-lunta-ja-salmiakkia.tumblr.com
-always ready to RP
-if my post is short I am in hurry/writing with phone, so please excuse me if this happens happy.gif
-I'll be without a computer until August, so I'll be replying with my.phone
+Quote Post

Mercutio3
post Jun 8 2014, 03:06 PM
Post #5

The third and only!
Group Icon

Kiwis

Thank you for joining, Kayrinda! Accepted (so far)! happy.gif See my PM.

Braxio Aquarine (click to show)

EDIT: Finished a drawing and added it in. It's just Braxio playing video games. x)

This post has been edited by Aberrant Mercutio: Jun 8 2014, 08:37 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

flamefiends
post Jun 8 2014, 08:36 PM
Post #6

Flamefriends
Group Icon

Member No.: 200 466

My Dream Team~

Character's Name: Melody Tahira

Nickname(s): Melody

Location: Melody was born in Florida, though she was sent away to England when she was six. She went back to America later *see History*

Personality: Melody tends to come off as out-of-touch with reality. She's very quiet and appears to not notice anything that goes on around her. In reality, however, Melody is a shy girl that would rather keep her feelings and troubles under lock and key than to have someone worry over her. She slits her wrists when she feels depressed.

History: Melody's had a rough life. Her father was abusive, both to her mother and herself, so when she turned six, her mother sent her to a boarding school in England so she wouldn't have to suffer her dad anymore. Unfortunately, the other children picked on Melody, first because of her accent then about her white hair and red eyes. She never told anyone about the bullying, fearing what would happen if she did. Then, pinching and name-calling turned into punches and kicks. All the while she tolerated the abuse, even after learning that her mother had died (they called it suicide but she suspected her father had something to do with it), until one day. She was kidnapped and taken back to America, where she was greeted by her father. He hadn't changed a pit, and since she had grown up since he had last seen her, he was more than just an abusive father. He kept her locked in a basement, only letting her go out so she could go to school, then at night, he would have his way with her. She never spoke a word about it, never let on about her life, and always kept to herself, until she finally snapped. She woke up the next morning covered in blood, with no memory of the previous night. She was taken in by her mother's sister after that.

Appearance: Melody sports red eyes that contrast with her pale complexion and silky, silver-white hair. She bears several scars on her wrists where she cut herself in an attempt to feel something.

Type 2 Abilities: People dislike her; Decreased strength, better speed; Increased sight, plant empathy, Heat tolerance

Type 3 Ability: Healing

Whose inbox are we going to spam if s/he joins?: The Shadow kamina.gif (Still wish it was D. Strider)

Other: She has a high threshold for pain, sometimes to the point of not feeling it at all, but that's simply because she's used to it. She has a good voice, though most people don't appreciate it.

EDIT: I fixed the hyperlink to Melody's refference pic and I remembered her last name, so I put it there.

This post has been edited by flamefiends: Jun 9 2014, 08:20 PM

--------------------
Wait, who's "Flame?" I see no "Flame" here, and I doubt there ever will be a "Flame," in plain sight or otherwise. Besides, you wouldn't call, sweet, precious Flare by any other name, would you?

You want to read my webcomic? (click to show)
+Quote Post

Mercutio3
post Jun 8 2014, 08:46 PM
Post #7

The third and only!
Group Icon

Kiwis

As much as I would love to accept you, I'm going to have to ask you to read those rules one more time. They're long, I know... sorry about that. (...You got that name from Melody Pond, didn't you? 'XD)

I swear, your sig is going to make me sad every time I see it... crying.gif

So... almost accepted.

--------------------

+Quote Post

flamefiends
post Jun 8 2014, 08:58 PM
Post #8

Flamefriends
Group Icon

My Dream Team~

Ah, sorry, ^u^" I'll fix that. Although, the smiley does remind me of Dave Strider XD
And, actually, no I didn't. Melody is a character I reuse, and I created her long before I got into Doctor Who.

This post has been edited by flamefiends: Jun 8 2014, 09:00 PM

--------------------
Wait, who's "Flame?" I see no "Flame" here, and I doubt there ever will be a "Flame," in plain sight or otherwise. Besides, you wouldn't call, sweet, precious Flare by any other name, would you?

+Quote Post

Mercutio3
post Jun 8 2014, 09:12 PM
Post #9

The third and only!
Group Icon

Kiwis

Yeah, I can see why that reminds you of him. X)

Oh. That's pretty cool. Kinda like this one friend I have... he went by the name "Soul", then got into Soul Eater a few years later, and it's his favorite anime now. :P

Anyways, accepted. happy.gif We'll start when we have... hm... how does 5 characters/players total sound?

We'll probably start with everybody in their homes, or something. I'd imagine that Braxio will put up some advertisements/notices online to see if anybody else has heard of Y2K, which is where the inter-character connections could start.

I've also considered that some characters might never use the computer (Melody actually brought this to mind, since she was locked in a basement that may or may not actually have had a computer in it). If that's the case, I'd imagine that Y2K would leave it as an automated (as in, read by SIRI) voicemail on the phone, substituting words as necessary to make the appropriate shift from "computer" to "phone". Also, instead of the "nasty virus", it'd probably be like... "I'm afraid that a nearby telephone pole will fall down within a relatively short amount of time, taking down some power lines with it," or something. I don't know. And I'm not sure how it would go to the character but not the other inhabitants of the house...

I'm sure we'll figure it out.

EDIT: I just realized that I gave the impression I think Melody's still locked in the basement. Sorry about that- I know she's not, I mean that when I read that it reminded me of it for future chars. ;

This post has been edited by Aberrant Mercutio: Jun 8 2014, 09:17 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

flamefiends
post Jun 8 2014, 09:14 PM
Post #10

Flamefriends
Group Icon

My Dream Team~

That's a good idea, although I think you missed the part where she killed her captor, forgot, and then got taken in by her aunt. So, she's not in a basement anymore.

This post has been edited by flamefiends: Jun 8 2014, 09:15 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mercutio3
post Jun 8 2014, 09:20 PM
Post #11

The third and only!
Group Icon

Kiwis

facepalm.gif Sorry about that. I just realized I gave that impression and edited the post. I meant that it reminded me of that for any future characters that might be in a computer-less situation... and I'm sorry I should stop talking sealed.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

flamefiends
post Jun 8 2014, 09:29 PM
Post #12

Flamefriends
Group Icon

My Dream Team~

Lol, it's fine. I don't mind too much.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mercutio3
post Jun 9 2014, 12:02 AM
Post #13

The third and only!
Group Icon

Kiwis

@Kayrinda: Accepted. I think that that would be around 5 feet 5 inches, or so? I used Google. XD Well, to us Muricans, feet, inches, and Fahrenheit are the easiest. It's all about what you're raised with. Either way, Google makes measurement conversions much easier. grin.gif (Actually, I'm a really bad judge of distance in ANY units. Everything is either around my height, shorter, or taller.) Glad we're getting a little more diversity here, too!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Kayrinda
post Jun 9 2014, 08:23 AM
Post #14

The White Star-Wolf
Group Icon

Member No.: 184 437

Favorites

Ehehe, I know I could've used Google, but I was in a hurry this morning (6 hours of preparing mathemathics for next fall, ugggghhh), my apologies ^^'
Diversity, yay~ grin.gif I'm used to being the non-american around here xD

--------------------
-not a native English speaker
-Geek 4 life
-lunta-ja-salmiakkia.tumblr.com
-always ready to RP
-if my post is short I am in hurry/writing with phone, so please excuse me if this happens happy.gif
-I'll be without a computer until August, so I'll be replying with my.phone
+Quote Post

The Shadow
post Jun 9 2014, 10:29 PM
Post #15

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

My Dream Team

Just to respond I can't spam my own inbox..

And... That wasn't a signup sheet wink.gif

*back to marvelling at © while making signup*

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mercutio3
post Jun 10 2014, 12:32 AM
Post #16

The third and only!
Group Icon

Kiwis

QUOTE(The Shadow @ Jun 9 2014, 11:29 PM) *
Just to respond I can't spam my own inbox..

And... That wasn't a signup sheet wink.gif

*back to marvelling at © while making signup*

Shadow, if you don't spam your own inbox, I will not accept you.

XD Okay okay. After Shadow joins, we'll wait for one more person/character, then we'll start. (I have an idea for a second character that I might make... depending on which power(s) Shadow's character(s) take(s).)

*Uses Jedi mind tricks in an attempt to make Shadow post his SU*

This post has been edited by Aberrant Mercutio: Jun 10 2014, 01:24 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

The Shadow
post Jun 10 2014, 02:08 AM
Post #17

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

My Dream Team

Character's Name: Presea Combatir.
Nickname(s): Presea
Personality: As she is an insomniac, she finds that her energy is not constantly at peaks so she would not need sleep; however she does not need sleep simply because her body works at minimal mental capacities. She rarely talks but when she does she prefers to Genis it's generally of the upmost importance.
History: After living in Texas for a short time she moved to Japan for education and culture purposes at the age of 7 years old. She came back to America (living in Arizona somewhere) at the age of 13 for her father's business. She has begun to adjust again. She is bilingual in Japanese and English, and is also very prominent at making jokes no one understands. Her main goal in life is to become a pilot in order to fly over Japan and every other country in the world at least once. She's spent her whole life training to be more calm and peaceful, however, she still prefers her axe over human interaction. Upon seeing her axe for the first time she immediately bought it. It was very well crafted but soon she discovered she could not move it at all. She began training in order to move her axe (Presea was very isolated from interaction of people outside her family or servants. It was a way for her to be able to have something of her own that she could work for instead of also being handed everything.) but in the end she could barely lift it. She soon realized she could use the heavy end of the axe as a counterweight and swing it as such. This gives her slow movement, however, and she hates when people touch it. Indefinitely hates with a burning passion. Don't touch it. Really. Is very bad at backstories.
Appearance: Presea is short in stature standing about 5'1". Her axe reaches up to about her shoulders when she holds it straight. Her hair is a dull pink color with two pigtails. The pigtails are not kept very even or neat, though, so they look a little messy. Her bangs reach almost to her pure blue eyes, and she has a few strands of hair on either side of her head. She wears gray gloves with cut fingertips that reach almost to her shoulder, and a gold necklace which is embedded with a ruby that shines rather dully in light. Her outfit is something of a dress, no sleeves, but it reaches about the length of her knees at her legs. Her boots go just above her ankles. She wears a belt around her midsection with a small pack on the back side.
Type 2 Abilities:

Dislike

Increased strength decreased speed.

Sight, but in quality not distance.

Empathy towards animals.

Heat resistant.
Type 3 Ability: Insomnia Because you took all the good ones.
Whose inbox are we going to spam?: Psst. It's not me. Spam Letan's inbox he likes it wink.gif
Other: I'm a forgetful person. Does that count?

This post has been edited by The Shadow: Jun 10 2014, 11:24 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mercutio3
post Jun 10 2014, 02:38 AM
Post #18

The third and only!
Group Icon

Kiwis

QUOTE(The Shadow @ Jun 10 2014, 03:08 AM) *
Character's Name: Presea Combatir.
Nickname(s): Presea
Personality: As she is an insomniac, she finds that her energy is not constantly at peaks so she would not need sleep; however she does not need sleep simply because her body works at minimal mental capacities. She rarely talks but when she does she prefers to Genis it's generally of the upmost importance.
History: After living in Texas for a short time he moved to Japan for education and culture purposes at the age of 7 years old. He came back to America (living in Arizona somewhere) at the age of 13 for his father's business. He has begun to adjust again. He is bilingual in Japanese and English, and is also very prominent at making jokes no one understands. His main goal in life is to become a pilot in order to fly over Japan and every other country in the world at least once. She's spent her whole life training to be more calm and peaceful, however, she still prefers her axe over human interaction. Upon seeing her axe for the first time she immediately bought it. It was very well crafted but soon she discovered she could not move it at all. She began training in order to move her axe (Presea was very isolated from interaction of people outside her family or servants. It was a way for her to be able to have something of her own that she could work for instead of also being handed everything.) but in the end she could barely lift it. She soon realized she could use the heavy end of the axe as a counterweight and swing it as such. This gives her slow movement, however, and she hates when people touch it. Indefinitely hates with a burning passion. Don't touch it. Really. Is very bad at backstories.
Appearance: Presea is short in stature standing about 5'1". Her axe reaches up to about her shoulders when she holds it straight. Her hair is a dull pink color with two pigtails. The pigtails are not kept very even or neat, though, so they look a little messy. Her bangs reach almost to her pure blue eyes, and she has a few strands of hair on either side of her head. She wears gray gloves with cut fingertips that reach almost to her shoulder, and a gold necklace which is embedded with a ruby that shines rather dully in light. Her outfit is something of a dress, no sleeves, but it reaches about the length of her knees at her legs. Her boots go just above her ankles. She wears a belt around her midsection with a small pack on the back side.
Type 2 Abilities: Increased strength decreased speed.
Type 3 Ability: Insomnia Because you took all the good ones.
Whose inbox are we going to spam?: Psst. It's not me. Spam Letan's inbox he likes it wink.gif
Other: I'm a forgetful person. Does that count?

Almost accepted. See, in the Type 2 abilities, your character gets one out of each pairing, but not the other one of the pair. On the flipside, your character MUST have one from each pair. It's a gift and a curse

Somehow, I knew you'd take Insomnia. XD If you don't like it, though, you're allowed to take any ability- you just have to ask. That's what Kayrinda did. But it has to even out. Like, the amount of power it takes for Braxio to revive a human leaves him in a recovery state for hours... during this state, he needs lots of food and rest. He is also in a lot of pain. The healing ability also has kickbacks, as does light manipulation. The minor abilities don't have as big of kick-backs. Like, Insomnia doesn't really have any, and it allows the possessor of it to be a lookout and such. I guess the biggest downside would be boredom and lack of dreams.

So, erm, yeah. Add in one Type 2 ability from each pair for the ones you missed, and if you don't like Insomia, you can come up with a different one.

This post has been edited by Aberrant Mercutio: Jun 10 2014, 02:44 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

The Shadow
post Jun 10 2014, 12:14 PM
Post #19

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

My Dream Team

I'll edit it once I get back to my computer. On my phone about to go driving... Oh and all that "he" and "him" stuff... I changed my character mid-writing. So I just copy pasted it look how good I did at editing

I don't want to make a power because I've never been good at that. I can write characters and personality... But some things I can't do. like backstories.

--------------------

+Quote Post

The Shadow
post Jun 10 2014, 11:25 PM
Post #20

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

My Dream Team

UPDATE POST:

Profile has been edited. This is why we don't write things at 2:00 in the morning.

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:27 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.