Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

READ ME FIRST

DO NOT make any 'click my eggs/Pokémon' threads/posts or any 'what is this egg' threads/posts or you WILL be warned 10% instantly!

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
GPX+ Discord, Connect to your fellow GPX+ members over a variety of topics!
Gryphaena
post May 2 2015, 04:30 PM
Post #21

She Who Can Be Voracious
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 79 103

My Purple Ones

I think I started using the chat last year in some month that ended with -ember.

Haven't been in recently because my semester is almost over and I've got projects to do.

I'll come in when I can. :]

--------------------
Avatar by Cycloneblaze at Cycloneshop II

GPX+GPX+

Poliwager Poliwager
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Numpty
post May 20 2015, 05:15 PM
Post #22

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Restricted
Member No.: 231 513

Shay Group

I'm banned from GTSPLUSCHAT. I severely apologize.

--------------------
This is funny. (click to show)
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post May 20 2015, 05:29 PM
Post #23

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

Do NOT complain about bans in public. You will PM one of the Chat Ops that were around when you were banned - in this case, me, Rhapsody, or Letan.

--------------------
+Quote Post

AmazingAmaura
post Jun 22 2015, 10:24 AM
Post #24

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 223 649

Active Squad

How do you change the pokemon under your profile picture? Mine isa luxio, how do i change it?

--------------------

Awesome people
1. Cycloneblaze - He made my awesome banner in his cyclone shop
2. GothMetal-He made my evil arceus
+Quote Post

Spades Slick
post Jun 22 2015, 02:19 PM
Post #25

I think you underestimate the depth of my pettiness
Group Icon

Member No.: 57 762

bluh bluh huge bitch

QUOTE(12PokemonKing12 @ Jun 22 2015, 11:24 AM) *
How do you change the pokemon under your profile picture? Mine isa luxio, how do i change it?

This topic is about the IRC channel; you want the section for site and forums questions here, where you'll actually find how to change your banner [url=http://forums.gtsplus.net/index.php?showtopic=4314]. Please take care to make sure you're posting in the right part of the forums when asking your questions.

--------------------
[align=center]add me for daily clicks [735/1000]

~:* I love my wife Jen *:~
|

READ THE HELP PAGE OR I WILL STAB YOU

WiiU: drgdgrana (Sm4sh) | 3DS: 1204-0469-8787 | PSN: ghostscreamer[/align]
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Jun 26 2015, 08:35 PM
Post #26

Group Icon

Active Squad

Just another post to remind people that the IRC is still alive. It hasn't been as active as of late but please come in, say hi, and converse a little bit, and feel free to make fun of certain users in chat *coughthebirdcough*

--------------------
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Jul 11 2015, 03:51 AM
Post #27

Group Icon

Active Squad

Quick update. If mibbit gave you problems before, then try Kiwi by the recommendation of user Doom Hunter.

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.synirc.net/#gtsplus

Its interface is better and it is still easy to access.

Hope to see you guys around.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Soren Pixels
post Sep 14 2015, 09:28 AM
Post #28

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 219 827

Retroactive

Um, is it just me, or is the IRC down? I can't seem to connect through either website, Mibbit or Kiwi. Mibbit just loads forever, and Kiwi can't find the server. Was hoping to chat some people up.

--------------------
GPX+ Team:

Team Exile:
Alpha and Alucio

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Cycloneblaze
post Sep 14 2015, 09:59 AM
Post #29

The Blue Comet
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 93 314

snappers

QUOTE(Soren Pixels @ Sep 14 2015, 03:28 PM) *
Um, is it just me, or is the IRC down? I can't seem to connect through either website, Mibbit or Kiwi. Mibbit just loads forever, and Kiwi can't find the server. Was hoping to chat some people up.

IRC is up, I'm on it right now. It might be you're having trouble connecting to the server yourself, or it might be on Mibbit / Kiwi's end. I dunno what to tell you except that it is up. bucktooth.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Sep 14 2015, 07:33 PM
Post #30

Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Soren Pixels @ Sep 14 2015, 10:28 AM) *

Have you tried going to kiwiirc.com or whatever and manually entering login details? So instead of the links I provided, you connect to irc.synirc.net (or irc.synirc.org) and channel #gtsplus.

It's working perfectly, if it weren't I'd post an announcement.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Oct 23 2015, 02:26 PM
Post #31

Group Icon

Active Squad

Hey guys, I've noticed a bit as of late that there hasn't been much activity in chat. I'm wondering if there's something we're able to do or something wrong with chat that we should look into?

--------------------
+Quote Post

zigazav
post Mar 16 2016, 12:25 PM
Post #32

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 189 601

Active Squad

Ummm...Chrome detects Mibbit as a threat to my PC, which it has never detected it as such before... Should I go in anyways...?

--------------------

Click my party please?
You don't have to if you don't want to. This is just a signature is all.
+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Mar 16 2016, 12:31 PM
Post #33

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

Depends. 1. Do you want to follow Google's recommendations about what sites to avoid. And 2. If there are exceptions, do you trust Mibbit?

Personally, I don't think it's that much of a risk. That being said, you could access the chat using a different chat client. Other online clients and standalone chat clients are both options that can be used.

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
+Quote Post

zigazav
post Mar 16 2016, 05:18 PM
Post #34

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 189 601

Active Squad

QUOTE(Tyranisaur @ Mar 16 2016, 12:31 PM) *
Depends. 1. Do you want to follow Google's recommendations about what sites to avoid. And 2. If there are exceptions, do you trust Mibbit?

Personally, I don't think it's that much of a risk. That being said, you could access the chat using a different chat client. Other online clients and standalone chat clients are both options that can be used.

I already have a mobile irc client I use for on the go, but I'd like to use an online service for the chat room, as my SSHD does not have allot of memory left, my two halves of the SSHD I mean. The storage space is split between them, and I'd hate to install something to my computer I will barely need. Plus, I don't want to rely on my mobile version for that chat room all the time. Btw, I accidentally gave a down vote on Mibbit on my antivirus extention to Chrome. So that may be also part of the reason it happened. Dunno. Some virus protection services has the habit of overreacting to simple things, thinking it's a virus. Heck, a completely safe unofficial theme was detected as a threat, and a fangame I tried to run of something was detected as a threat when downloaded through my browser. I'm pretty sure you cannot help me with those last ones though, as they are out of the context of this site. I was just speaking of some examples of an virus protection service making random false positives for threats.

--------------------

Click my party please?
You don't have to if you don't want to. This is just a signature is all.
+Quote Post

Cycloneblaze
post Mar 16 2016, 07:34 PM
Post #35

The Blue Comet
Group Icon

snappers

Well there is always kiwiirc, linked somewhere in the first post, I think. If you're not downloading a client then it's better than mibbit. Although I don't remember, you might have used kiwi he last time you were in chat.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Cycloneblaze
post Mar 30 2016, 02:33 PM
Post #36

The Blue Comet
Group Icon

snappers

I am double posting but this message is brought to you with the permission of Lord Raven.
We have some new features in the irc, thanks to the efforts of myself and Galaxy!

1. Youtube links
Now, whenever you post a youtube link in chat, Porygon2 (one of our two channel bots) will respond immediately with the title and duration of the video! You can spam the chat with youtube links and we will all know what you're watching.
(note: please do not spam the chat with youtube links. or anything else.)
Notes:
- You can post desktop (http://youtube.com) or mobile (youtu.be) links! Both will work.
- The script is only running if Raven is online on his computer (not his mobile).
- Galaxy wrote this script, so if you like it / something goes wrong, let him know.

2. Tells
This script lets you leave messages for other users in chat! How is that useful, you ask? Because Porygon2 will repeat the message the next time that user speaks - so you can leave messages for people who are away or even not online! They'll get your message the next time they're around. To use this feature, just say '!tell nickname your message here' (no quotes)!
Notes:
- The message is repeated when a user speaks, not when they join / are in chat. That way they're sure to be aware when they get it.
- !tell has to be the first word of your message: you can't misspell it, it can't be in capital letters, and it can't be bold or coloured. There should not be a space before it, either.
- The nickname of the user you want the message to go to must be the second word of your message. If you spell it wrong, they won't get it - for example, 'cycloneblaze' or 'Cyclonblaze' or 'Cyc' will not send a message to me, because my nickname is (usually) 'Cycloneblaze'.
- The message will only be repeated to the exact nickname that you give, so if you leave a message for 'Raven' and he later joins IRC as 'Hank_Scorpio' (or anything else), he won't get it. But when he joins as 'Raven', he will get it then.
- The message can be of any length after that. The !tell, the nickname, and the message should all be separated by spaces from each other.
- Messages aren't private. Everyone can see them when you send them and Raven can read them on his computer (because they're stored there). If you want to send a user a private message then you should use the forums' PM function.
- The script is only running if Raven is online on his computer (not his mobile).
- If there's any problems with this one, contact me (Cycloneblaze). If Porygon2 blows up tell Raven or another op who's in chat. (Don't worry, he won't.)

3. Channel Statistics
This isn't new, but I figured I would remind people. Our second channel bot is ChanStat, a bot that records various interesting statistics about the IRC! You can view them here. If you're in chat, you can ask ChanStat for the link by saying !chanstats or @chanstats, and there's a bunch of other commands listed on the bot's website here.
(As you can guess, we didn't make this one.)

Also, if you feel like annoying Galaxy when he's online, say 'What are you listening to Galaxy?' and he'll tell you what's on his Spotify. Even if he doesn't want to. :^)

I'll take a moment to remind everyone that spam is annoying and these bots / scripts aren't for messing with the chat or other users, but I'm sure you all knew that.
Now go try 'em out!

This post has been edited by Cycloneblaze: Mar 30 2016, 02:43 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Jun 21 2016, 07:36 PM
Post #37

Group Icon

Active Squad

https://discord.gg/015WPBK5vUuvtXNnN

I made a discord server. I will post more details on it tomorrow, but this is a nice place where we can have various fun nights like movie nights, cards against humanity, etc with voice chat and things to that extent. Just follow the invite and make an account! This will not replace IRC, it'll just be a place for extra shenanigans.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Gryphaena
post Jan 19 2017, 03:25 PM
Post #38

She Who Can Be Voracious
Group Icon

Member No.: 79 103

My Purple Ones

The discord is fun, you can have an avatar and there are multiple channels to pay attention to if one is so inclined.

The people are interesting as well.

There's also a section for debates if there's a bit of a disagreement going on so they won't disrupt the conversations going on.

--------------------
Avatar by Cycloneblaze at Cycloneshop II

GPX+GPX+

Poliwager Poliwager
+Quote Post

Snom
post Apr 21 2017, 11:14 AM
Post #39

IRL Dog Groomer
Group Icon

Member No.: 31 264

Favorites

I'm attempting to join in. Currently testing a new computer. Don't have a headset just yet. Back in my day, skype was the thing lol

--------------------

Cobalion -> Furfrou -> Snom
+Quote Post

Mars Adept Enten
post Aug 13 2017, 08:55 PM
Post #40

Certified Psychotic Isaac Fangirl and Legendary Dogs Enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 18 522

GS Crew

Um... I'm a tad new to this whole 'Discord' thing. What *is* a Discord? I take it it's similar to a IRC chat, but that's all I can figure out. sad.gif If I can figure out how to work it, I might pop in every now and then.

I'm an old lady. I don't understand you younguns and your newfangled technology.

--------------------
I'm also known as Queen_Lugia on SPPf, and Queen-Articuno on dA, as well as a former aspiring trinketer on GPX+, a proud TheRunawayGuys fangirl, a proud participant of Extra Life, and proud supporter of TwitchPlaysPokemon.

I claimed Isaac from Golden Sun. Hands off mah bishie! tongue.gif And Capt. Linebeck, too!

Follow Isaac-kun to get to my party. I appreciate and try to return clickbacks! happy.gif

Thanks, xJesstheMess!

My shop! I appreciate requests! cat.gif

Entei stuff! (click to show)

Other stuff... (click to show)

Credit to: (click to show)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 01:33 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.