Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
World of Warcraft, Horde vs Ally
DethSlayr
post Jul 30 2008, 03:37 PM
Post #1

The guitar hero playing, pokemon catching, zombie shooting dude.
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 152

Elite 6??? Lolwut!?

Anyone play? It's the best game ever! Its an MMORPG but the only problem is its P2P, but meh i still love it. I side with the horde- im a tauren. If you want more info check out World of warcraft website HERE ya, serch aroudn the site and youll find more fast, jsut go to the gameplay and character stuff on the bar at the side and ther you go If you DO end up playing choose the server The Forgotten Coast, and if you choose horde tell me yer name so we can add eachother, if your ally we can set up a spot to do some PvP xD Heres my character -DethSlayr

--------------------
My Shinies And Trainer Card (click to show)

CLAIMED nom.gif -----------------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Justbman
post Jul 30 2008, 03:41 PM
Post #2

The Dark Hero
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 108

HeartGold In-game

It sounded pretty cool, when I first heard about it, but I'm pretty much done with MMOs. I was once a Runescape nerd... but I quit a while back.

--------------------
Weezy (click to show)
+Quote Post

DethSlayr
post Jul 30 2008, 03:44 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Elite 6??? Lolwut!?

Ya i used to play runescape, conqueronline, gunz and maplestory to name a few. I bounce around a lot, but wow seems to be good so far happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Jul 30 2008, 03:47 PM
Post #4

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

Never played it. Moving this thread to the Other Games section though.

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

Justbman
post Jul 30 2008, 03:50 PM
Post #5

The Dark Hero
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 108

HeartGold In-game

QUOTE(DethSlayr @ Jul 30 2008, 04:44 PM) *
Ya i used to play runescape, conqueronline, gunz and maplestory to name a few. I bounce around a lot, but wow seems to be good so far happy.gif

Thats quite a few. I hope thats not all at once.. I wouldn't like to stay active in that many games..

--------------------
Weezy (click to show)
+Quote Post

Squetomee
post Jul 30 2008, 07:01 PM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 2 498

Active Squad

Most definately not the best game ever. I played it up to the endgame, where it ran out of things to do, fast. One of the problems with it now is that it's less about the escalating tensions between the Horde and Alliance and more about trying to keep you guys from fighting each other.

It's all far too structured and things never really happen out of what the developers intend. If you ever do make it to 70 you'll see what I mean.
+Quote Post

reptillio
post Jul 30 2008, 07:38 PM
Post #7

The Cheezborger Dragon
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 990

Active Squad

dont play and sounds weird

--------------------
I CLONE AND CAN CLONE AND RETURN OR CLONE FOR ANYBODY AS LONG AS ITS A GOOD DEAL. PM ME IF U WANT DETAILS.[/color]

read my spoilers
splices (click to showhide)
more splices (click to showhide)

more splices yet again (click to showhide)

avatar by shiny collecter My Shinies;
Rayquaza, Lugia, Suicune, Metagross, Turtwig, Rotom, Ralts, Starly, Vespiquen, Ponyta, Azelf, Chimchar, Mudkip, Magikarp, Manaphy, Dialga, Ho-Oh, Deoxys, cresselia, blastoice, regigigas, and charmander, lucario, celebi, shieldon, and sceptile.
Other than those i have every legendary but not nessesarly shiny.
+Quote Post

Dazmi
post Jul 31 2008, 02:52 AM
Post #8

Veteran
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 2 482

Active Squad

I agree with you. It is a fun game.
It gets boring once you get stuck somewhere, but every game is like that.

I like all of the Horde characters, but I only like Night Elves, and that Blue guy in the Alliance

The whole "addicting" thing that people flame it as, is pure crap.

This post has been edited by johnrichard1991: May 14 2009, 03:27 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

DethSlayr
post Jul 31 2008, 07:59 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Elite 6??? Lolwut!?

@ Justbman: no those were all at differnt times

@Johnrichard 1991: the blue guys are draneai

@squetomee: what do u mean preventing fighting? there are places that you go and ally both got to and then have huge wars in! and i will reach 70, because i already have a 52 happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Squetomee
post Jul 31 2008, 10:48 AM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(DethSlayr @ Jul 31 2008, 08:59 AM) *
@squetomee: what do u mean preventing fighting? there are places that you go and ally both got to and then have huge wars in! and i will reach 70, because i already have a 52 happy.gif

It's the same every single time. Sure, the first few times you load up AV it's a blast. But when you load it up for the thirtieth time so you can get that last mark of honor so you can get that last item, it becomes a chore.

The game has become less about player interaction and more about doing what the devs want you to do at the endgame. If you actually want to keep playing in the endgame you only have two options - join a raiding guild or do arena. If you were to join a raiding guild, you're tying yourself to a schedule. And after the first couple times of clearing Kara for that one piece of armor that never drops or whatever, it too becomes a chore.

If you were to join an arena team, it's the same thing. The same fights with the same teammates, over and over and over.

Get out now.
+Quote Post

DethSlayr
post Jul 31 2008, 11:13 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Elite 6??? Lolwut!?

Thats why u make an alt....

--------------------

+Quote Post

Squetomee
post Jul 31 2008, 12:48 PM
Post #12

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(DethSlayr @ Jul 31 2008, 12:13 PM) *
Thats why u make an alt....

To level up the same way all over again? You've got to be fucking joking. I'm not going to go through the whole rigamorole all over again just to increase playtime. Leveling in the game is boring as fuck, going through that process twice is torture.

The game runs out of steam pretty easily. There's little replay value.

E: don't get me started on daily quests.
+Quote Post

The Rose Crusade...
post Aug 3 2008, 06:51 AM
Post #13

Former GTS +PL Grass Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 193

Melinda Rose

Omg!!! I wasted a year and a half of my childhood on this game. I am not saying its the essence of evil, Satan's Spawn, etc. But it IS highly addictive. You can find yourself playing hours on end, and not even realize how much time has gone by. it is a scary game. Fun? Yes. Addictive? Yes. There are better things to do? Yes. People just have to realize that its all virtual .There's nothing real about it except the money you spend each month to play it. People that are playing don't understand this concept though: When you finally quit/ and or done with the game, what have you accomplished? What do you think when you type in /played and see 60 days 8 hours 40 minutes and 24 seconds? That's 1,440 hours of your real life spent on a video game. Just ponder about that and you'll see what I mean.

--------------------

Gym (click to show)
Badges (click to show)
PANE Roleplaying (click to show)

+Quote Post

Maikeru
post Aug 3 2008, 09:08 AM
Post #14

Steel-Type Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 518

Steel Team

I play its a great game Lvl 70 NE hunter on uldaman

--------------------
SoulSilver Friendcode: 5027-6669-1059

My Badges (click to show)

+Quote Post

Aremis
post Aug 4 2008, 07:24 AM
Post #15

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 386

Active Squad

Have to agree with Squetomee and Bird to be honest. It's a great game at first but once you've done it once, you sort of feel empty inside.

Then again, what mmorpg doesn't these days, they're all the same structure; let the players get to what they expect is the top and then add a few new features in an expansion to keep them paying Ł10 a month.

If you want a true classic rpg, take a look at Diablo 2, Blizzard's best game in my opionion. Nothing beats walking into a field full of axe-wielding cows. XD.gif
+Quote Post

DethSlayr
post Aug 4 2008, 08:27 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

Elite 6??? Lolwut!?

Na, i have D2 and it gets boring alot faster than WoW. Running andariel on nightmare 50 times so u can get the sigon set... thats pointless...

--------------------

+Quote Post

shadow31
post Apr 3 2009, 11:15 AM
Post #17

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 2 820

Active Squad

I play world of warcraft also but I agree with most people here that it does get boring real fast. It's the same thing over and over again. All it is most of the time is get certain amount of item by killing certain enemy blahblahblah.
But it's addictive. That's why some people (not me!) spend around five hours at a time trying to get their character to level whatever so they can get a certain weapon or armor and use it.

--------------------

Come on, click on them and show them some love.Please?
+Quote Post

Holytear
post Apr 3 2009, 12:20 PM
Post #18

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 611

My Favorites

Maybe some of you will oppose me.Wow is wonderful MMORPG but i think Runescape is better.Maybe worse graphics but if you have played Runescape for a year or more you will understand me.If you have not,only seen pics of it pls dont make a comment about this x)

--------------------

Lets Make Him lvl 100

100 Lvls (click to show)
+Quote Post

Lizerus
post Apr 4 2009, 08:28 AM
Post #19

Face puncher
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 599

Exploding knees

I played this game for four years of my life, when the first expansion came out, Burning Crusade, it actually felt like something new, all of the bosses and whatnot had better voice actors, quests were revamped and you could just quest until you hit the level cap, all of the areas seemed more unique compared to Vanilla WoW, or at least, to me anyway. The only thing that pissed me off was that you were able to kill big lore figures, I'm a fan of the WoW lore and this is one thing that I dislike about WoW.

Then WotLK came out and lo and behold, nothing is different, the only possible thing that was different was Wintergrasp and siege engines. which caught my interest for about the span of a month? The areas didn't feel that new to me, aside from Howling Fjord and Storm Peaks. And the quest system was still the same. Not only that but the only full raid instance when you hit 80 is Naxxramus which is a re-used instance from Vanilla WoW, and it still is until 3.1.

Egh, I'm done with WoW now, I need to catch up on games I've missed on consoles in the meantime.

--------------------

I claim gardevoir.gif

+Quote Post

riotXjess
post Apr 11 2009, 12:50 PM
Post #20

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 084

Active Squad

I play, and have been playing for about 4 years now. While I agree with some that it CAN be addictive, and that for some people it is a waste of time. If you enjoy it though, then who's to say you are wasting your time? I think people who sit around are wasting their time, it's all a matter of perspective. I've met some of my best friends through WoW, I flew to California (from Chicago) to visit them, and was able to see things I otherwise never would have gotten off my butt to go see.

I have a level 80 resto druid, and a level 79 BM hunter right now on the Alliance side, I figure once I get my hunter to 80 I'll most likely take a small break from the game, since with the weather getting nicer I'm going to want to spend more time outdoors, but I know for the most part I'll play at night when there isn't much else going on.

--------------------
love.gif I do click back love.gif

Currently working on Explorations crazy.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:30 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.