Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Read before you post!

Please make sure to check the GPX+ Help Page before posting!

The GPX+ Help Page has a wealth of information. Please help prevent clutter in this forum by first checking the Help Page before you post a thread.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
How do EVs work on here
bojjob
post Aug 17 2012, 07:07 AM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 110 550

My Game Party:

I'm trying to do this exploration task that involves beating a pretty hard team of supposedly wild Pokémon but they're so damn tough it's not funny.

How do I train EVs on here so I can at least get speed up or something to hit them first.

--------------------

You know you want to click them... smirk.gif

My Special Pokémon

Loves his beautiful Johanna <3
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Flamer
post Aug 17 2012, 08:19 AM
Post #2

Insert whitty phrase here
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 2 757

Faves

EVs don't exist on GPX+, only IVs, which are randomly assigned at birth and cannot be changed. Have a look here for more help on how stats are determined: http://new.gpxplus.net/help/battle-tower/139

For future reference, questions belong in the Questions and Help sub-forum, where I'm going to move this to now

--------------------

+Quote Post

Tdub415
post Aug 17 2012, 12:09 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 168 561

Active Squad

Battling also works differently here than in most games. Type advantages are pretty much what to expect, but each type has 4 moves: weak attack, strong attack, weak special attack, strong special attack. Only single type pokemon have access to the strong variants.

There are also stat changing moves and what not that can be assigned.

Pokemon have 3 pp which are used for any strong move.

The best advice I can give you for battles is try to get your type advantage, try to use single type pokemon, use the proper attacks (based on their attack/special attack) and don't neglect stat up moves.

I like to use a single type pokemon with their strong and weak (attack or special attack) moves, plus agility and the corresponding attack/special attack move up. I start with the att/spatt boost move, if i was faster than the enemy i start attacking them, if i was slower (and they did less than half my hp) I bump up speed, then go all out.

Hopefully this will help, there's probablly better general strategies out there, but i've found this method to be pretty effective in the exploration battles I've done so far.
+Quote Post

bojjob
post Aug 18 2012, 07:43 AM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 110 550

My Game Party:

oop, sorry, i somehow didn't spot the help section psyduck.gif

Anyway, I try using stat up moves but they always do more than half health damage to me with each attack and when i try to heal, they're always faster than me :C

--------------------

You know you want to click them... smirk.gif

My Special Pokémon

Loves his beautiful Johanna <3
+Quote Post

Joltik
post Aug 19 2012, 02:24 AM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 27 562

Active Squad

This isn't the best advice I can give as I think the GPX admin are slowly trying to work a way around this... 'exploit' I'll say, but if you can hatch a high IV'd Ferrothorn, particularly in attack and either of the defences are useful too, and then give it leftovers to hold, you can beat almost every Pokémon in explorations. Not so much the normal NPCs now as they've been given anti-ferrothorn moves.

If you give it an attack move like Metal Claw, then give it Amnesia, Iron Defense and Swords Dance, you should be set. Usually when battling I use Amnesia, then Iron Defense, then those two again twice more in the same order (so you're protecting from special attacks and normal attacks at the same time) and then use Swords Dance three times, you should be set.

The hard thing to get is the leftovers, you CAN get them as a prize for an achievement, but the achievement is a battle tower related one so if you aren't doing well to start with, it's not easy to get. The only other way to get them is through prize points and the prize shop, or hoping that someone sells them and they go into the backroom, but this is very rare.

The leftovers do make a huge difference though, and can make Ferro almost indestructible (watch out for Fire types though!), so they're definitely worth investing prize points in.

I hope this helps, and I know it's not an immediate fix but it's what I've always stuck to for exploration Pokémon~

This post has been edited by Joltik: Aug 19 2012, 02:24 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th June 2024 - 08:32 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.