Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Closed TopicStart new topic
Shiny Pichu confusion
Ice Charizard
post Aug 31 2010, 05:54 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 55 430

Don't argue with me.

OK. So. I hatched a Shiny Pichu this morning, and the alert box didn't pop up(or so I've been told. It was actually someone else who hatched it for me). So he put it accidentally (or so he says)in my Release box(again, it wasn't me), and the person logged off.

I log on to my account, to find new Pokemon in my Release box. Ever careful, I hit the "is shiny" button, and no surprises came to me. So I Release the Pokemon, then head straight to the Daycare. I grab the egg, then as an afterthought I hit the Shine Recorder to see how many Pichu eggs I've hatched. The Shine Recorder told me that I've finished the hunt, and it gave me a link to the Pichu. I click it, a sense of panic already arising in my mind. The link takes me to the same old the following errors were returned: The Pokémon you wish to view info on does not appear to exist. This was this morning. Then, this afternoon(like now), no one has still adopted it.

All the Achieivments still say that I hatched it. Still, I can't help wondering if there was a glitch and I couldn't see if it was shiny. All I'm asking is for someone to stalk the Shelter and see if they can find it, just to make me sleep better tonight knowing that it was a glitch.

EDIT: Some extra info: It was hatched somewhere around six this morning. I'll get more info as it comes, or you ask for more specific details.

This post has been edited by Ice Charizard: Aug 31 2010, 05:58 PM

--------------------
My Party-

Some people are like a slinky.
They really serve no purpose in life,
but they're fun to push down the stairs.

Awards (click to show)

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is a word and not just a blob of text.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Aug 31 2010, 06:52 PM
Post #2

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

Nothing we can do about it now, it was already deleted from the Shelter (yes, it hasn't been 3 days yet, but since there's so many Pichu in there right now, it's doing automated population control). There was no bug with the hatch dialog or the PC's search options either, just human error.

Let this be a lesson to you: no one but you should be accessing your account.

Before you ask, yes, you're still eligible for the prize since your recorder is still marked as having completed the competition.

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

Ice Charizard
post Aug 31 2010, 06:59 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 55 430

Don't argue with me.

K, thanks.

--------------------
My Party-

Some people are like a slinky.
They really serve no purpose in life,
but they're fun to push down the stairs.

Awards (click to show)

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis is a word and not just a blob of text.
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 11:26 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.