Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
teen pregnetcy, o.o we need opinions
roygbiv
post Apr 2 2011, 11:30 AM
Post #1

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 125 915

hg team

the word is everywhere ,it makes people quit school or unable to get a job,my opinion is its not acceptable it ruins their life it makes people barf in class,besides their body is not developed enough to handle it,in my opinion it should be iilegal

--------------------
pokemon white friend code 3096 0916 2525
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Apr 2 2011, 01:09 PM
Post #2

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

I don't think it should be illegal... I mean, it happens and screws up lives, but illegality is far too large a step for something like this.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Redtha
post Apr 2 2011, 05:14 PM
Post #3

http://redtha.tumblr.com/
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 70 032

Active Squad

QUOTE(rileyup @ Apr 2 2011, 12:30 PM) *
it makes people quit school or unable to get a job,my opinion is its not acceptable it ruins their life it makes people barf in class

What? Quitting and not having a job depends on the person. Some might do that but not all. And I've never heard of anyone barfing.

Eh, I don't think girls should intentionally go and try to get pregnant while in high school. But if it does happen, that doesn't mean it'll turn out badly.

I'm biased though, my mom got pregnant with me when she was 16. So I have to support it at least a little because it's the reason I exist. ;P

--------------------
+Quote Post

Black Ice
post Apr 2 2011, 05:24 PM
Post #4

A New Era
Group Icon

Member No.: 28

Active Squad

Generally speaking, teenagers aren't mature or responsible enough to properly handle a child and sustain a decent-paying job all while attending classes. I don't think it should ever be considered acceptable, no matter the circumstances. But I don't believe it should be illegal. Also, schools and parents should be responsible for keeping this under control. And our culture should stop centralising on having money and fucking bitches.

--------------------

+Quote Post

MoogleSam
post Apr 2 2011, 11:36 PM
Post #5

A Defensive, Protective, Fair, Happy and Playful Lion~
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 034

Roster in Diamond

It shouldn't be illegal in my opinion because (here in Scotland at least) you can get married, move out and basically do everything except drink alcohol, smoke, vote and drive (used to be at 16 but it changed to 17) at 16. You can even choose to drop out of school at 16. Yeah, most teenagers can't handle children but some can. Some also might not get another chance to have a child. It depends on the person's maturity, financial situation, their health, and who is willing to help if the father leaves/when necessary (in P.S.E. my teacher told the class about 50% of the time, the father leaves when it is a teen pregnancy).

It CAN ruin lives but the girl could have an abortion, or give it up for adoption.

Before school they could look after it and their parents can look after it while they are at school, or grandparents, or any other relative. After school they could look after it again. While pregnant, they'd just have to avoid stuff that they can't even legally use anyway and getting hit in the stomach area. School wouldn't be as much as a problem as long as they have people that can help when necessary.

If it is legal for them to get pregnant at that age where they live, then people don't have the right to complain to them for getting pregnant, it was their choice, unless contraceptive failed or they were raped. It would be completely legal even if people frown upon it.

If they weren't legally able to, then sure, you have every right to be annoyed/mad or disgraced by their behaviour if they chose to.

And if they have morning sickness, they'll probably STAY AT HOME to be sick, not go to class so it is unlikely that they'll vomit in class. :/

This post has been edited by MoogleSam: Apr 2 2011, 11:41 PM

--------------------
If any of my old friends want to contact me, please email me!
+Quote Post

Blueberry
post Apr 5 2011, 10:12 PM
Post #6

I'm the reason why you hate.
Group Icon

Member No.: 34 032

Blue's Army

I think at my school I have seen at least five seniors pregnant, two teachers, and a few juniors/tenth graders. Really, depending on what kinda family or friends you have, they popularize teenage pregnancy and that can be a major issue. They see it as "all of us sitting around and our baby daddies taking care of us and we can get married and <3 <3 <3 <3 <3" which it's not.

There is no way they can make teenage pregnancy illegal, it takes away one of our basic rights as an animal/human: procreation. I DO think parents should be held more responsible for their children that get pregnant. Personally, I think the girls that do end up pregnant should be kicked out of school because they pose a distraction (they REALLY do at my school.)

And really educating teenagers and children earlier on things like condoms and birth control should be an option. I didn't hear about condoms (from school) till my nineth grade year and they more than encourage you to go to a clinic where they give them away for free. Really, it all depends on the girl. If she chooses to believe that she wont get pregnant if they do it just once or that condoms really affect how it "feels" or when he says "just this once, I'll PULL OUT! Promise." then it is her own bad that she is pregant.

Step one to lowering teen pregnancy rates is educating girls and boys on these things earlier.

--------------------
+Quote Post

nokrow889
post Apr 18 2011, 05:32 PM
Post #7

what would you do for a Klondike bar?
Group Icon

Member No.: 24 628

Pokemon Pearl

the way i see it if your ready to have sex but not ready to have a child maybe you should be rethinking the whole sex thing i know alot of people who got pregnant in there teens there lifes are ruined and i feel for them but they also say its the best thing that has ever happened to them holding another life in your care

--------------------

Vdex
(me and my brother)

Group Banners (click to show)

+Quote Post

Stark Coyote
post Apr 19 2011, 10:30 PM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 51 188

Active Squad

Teenagers have rapidly become pregnant in the last 6 months, in my opinion I think its because of MTV's hit shows like Teen Mom or Teen Mom 2. bucktooth.gif Children should just stay with the child, you must learn from your mistakes somehow or sooner or later ? e-e; just to point on, Leah on Teen Mom, the teen with the cute set of twins, i met her in the TARGET store! <3 xD

--------------------

+Quote Post

The Grouch
post Apr 19 2011, 10:36 PM
Post #9

And this is how the world ends.
Group Icon

Member No.: 96 726

but a whimper.

Uh... Well... The bright side is that you'll be a closer age to your child and live a longer life together![/falseenthusiasm]

--------------------
Team (click to show)
+Quote Post

Skins T
post Apr 19 2011, 10:52 PM
Post #10

Feel the Fire, Break your Vision
Group Icon

Member No.: 68 079

Favourite Pokemon

Not too many years ago, if an unmarried underage woman got pregnant, she was sent to a camp where she was forced to give birth. She would be shunned from society because she dared to have sex.

Making teenage pregnancy illegal will not stop it from happening. It's just a 'quick fix' that doesn't solve the root of the issue. And that root is; sexual education.

Children, teenagers and whatnot need to be educated, not shunned.

--------------------

Click above for party~
+Quote Post

The Grouch
post Apr 19 2011, 10:58 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

but a whimper.

Thank god I was educated at an early age.

--------------------
Team (click to show)
+Quote Post

Amberfunk
post Apr 20 2011, 12:54 AM
Post #12

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 105 850

Beautiful Change

Education, education, education I cannot stress that enough. Teens should be allowed to have sex just like everyone else but the parents and schools should educate them on safe sex practices on how to use condoms, different kinds of birth control, etc. The lack of education for our young people is surprisingly and saddenly very little. Not to say that they couldn't read in a book or look up on the internet about safe sex but really it should be taught to them by their parents and at school so that they get the right information.

--------------------

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Acacia21
post Apr 22 2011, 09:05 PM
Post #13

Eevee is cuh-yute
Group Icon

Member No.: 104 927

Phi Phi

I think it is a terrible thing. Like, teens are not mature enough to handle having a child. Plus, their bodies are not ready. They also have to go to school and who's gonna take care of the child? They would even have to pay for the supplies for it which means they might have to get a job, but how can they handle that with school? Teen pregnancy is a stupid thing and teens shouldn't do that. They have to wait till they are older. I've never heard of any teen who;s been pregnant, but I'm pretty sure it's happened. It's just so stupid for them to do!

--------------------
My party!

Shinies (click to show)

Azurill sprite made by AkuseruChan

+Quote Post

Skins T
post Apr 22 2011, 09:32 PM
Post #14

Feel the Fire, Break your Vision
Group Icon

Member No.: 68 079

Favourite Pokemon

http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/te...school-24993410

Relevant video is relevant.

--------------------

Click above for party~
+Quote Post

The Grouch
post Apr 22 2011, 11:43 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

but a whimper.

QUOTE(Acacia21 @ Apr 22 2011, 10:05 PM) *
I think it is a terrible thing. Like, teens are not mature enough to handle having a child. Plus, their bodies are not ready. They also have to go to school and who's gonna take care of the child? They would even have to pay for the supplies for it which means they might have to get a job, but how can they handle that with school? Teen pregnancy is a stupid thing and teens shouldn't do that. They have to wait till they are older. I've never heard of any teen who;s been pregnant, but I'm pretty sure it's happened. It's just so stupid for them to do!
If you were a teen yourself, you should be aware of the strong sexual drives you receive during puberty, only backed by the fact of your wanting to rebel and such. Fortunately, despite any sexual drives I have felt, I was strong enough to resist any temptation and treat girls with either the respect they deserved, or a middle finger.

Thank god for willpower.

--------------------
Team (click to show)
+Quote Post

Zerstu
post Apr 23 2011, 09:25 PM
Post #16

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 119 456

My Favorites

Most of these pregnant teens are obviously irresponsible if they just go out and have sex. I think it's wrong to do, but I can't control people, so they make their own opinions. All in all, I don't like it.

--------------------

Pointless signature is totally pointless.
+Quote Post

Neo Altaria
post Apr 24 2011, 05:18 PM
Post #17

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 241

Active Squad

well im kinda on both sides of the wall here. i mean under the right conditions it would be ok but its still rather immature for both boy and girl. mostly cuz it takes 2 to tango. tho its bad cuz there ruining there life's cuz you cant just say some thing like that just happened. its stuck with you for the rest of your life. but then again you cant stop to lovers from having sex. the only way to make that go away completely is to have a boy and girl Berlin wall boys on one side. girls on the other. but meh its a topic i cant really side on but if it was my own kid (tho i don't have one) id teach him about safe sex and kinda educate him on that. witch is were i think most teen's moms go wrong is they don't educate or is to scared to talk to there kids about sex

--------------------
+Quote Post

Galahawk
post Apr 25 2011, 01:44 AM
Post #18

Legendary Dragon Empress
Group Icon

Member No.: 21 238

Best team ever

QUOTE(Acacia21 @ Apr 22 2011, 10:05 PM) *

If preaching abstinence like you're doing right now was in the least bit effective to the general teenage population, there wouldn't have been close to eight pregnant girls/girls with children in my graduating class from high school alone. People don't need to wait, they need to learn about safe sex before it's too late.
You can tell them to not have it all you like, they're GOING to do it whether you like it or not. However, if the majority of them had been taught to use a damn condom then maybe that number would have been significantly less. It disgusts me that anyone would WANT to shelter their kids from learning about something that's not only a natural part of our lives (as well as the lives of every other animal on the planet), but could prevent them from screwing up their lives in the future.

Blueberry: Actually, procreation IS governed to an extent in the situation that one participant is eighteen or older and the other is a minor. For instance, from last May up until this March, it would have been illegal for my boyfriend and I to have sex because he didn't turn eighteen for ten months after I did. Not saying I don't agree with you, just saying it's not governed the same for everybody.

This post has been edited by Galahawk: Apr 25 2011, 01:47 AM

--------------------
[align=center]
- Click Latias for my deviantART | Click Latios for my Tumblr -

[spoiler=Shinies + Fat meeps]
(Shinies are not in chronological order. I stopped caring.)[/spoiler][/align]
+Quote Post

Doomeh
post May 13 2011, 12:14 PM
Post #19

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 25 064

Active Squad

The problem, as far as I see it, is that we have a tendency to say "Condoms or the pill! See? You're safe now!"

Let me make this clear: Condoms and the pill are both very effective when used 100% correctly 100% of the time.

But when used "typically" - the way most people do, with condoms being forgotten every now and then and the pill forgotten or used at different times each day - there's a substantial risk of failure. And teens are probably not a particularly diligent group, with few exceptions.

What we should be saying is "Double up! Use condoms AND the pill!"

Or, better yet, "Look into getting an IUD! Consider the implant, injection, or vaginal ring!" These forms of birth control are highly effective AND require very little maintenance, which makes them ideal for young folks who aren't always able to exercise perfect self-control.

And this isn't just a teen issue, by the way. Plenty of adults struggle with this, including myself - which is why I switched from using the pill to an IUD.

--------------------

that burning desire. 14/16

+Quote Post

gretchen8642
post May 17 2011, 01:52 PM
Post #20

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 14 554

Best team ever.

I think abstinence only sex education is one of the great evils of our time. It's natural for teenagers to want to have sex, and telling them that the *only* way to avoid pregnancy is to avoid sex is grossly misleading and generally creates sexually repressed, self loathing individuals who are dangerously ignorant about how to protect their bodies when engaging in natural human behavior. Teen pregnancy can and should be reduced by a comprehensive, honest education program explaining different forms of birth control that are available, how and why they work, but that you should never have sex unless you're ready and you feel like it's the right thing for you, with someone you trust.

I don't think teen pregnancy should be made illegal, but abstinence programs should be outlawed, and the morning after pill and other forms of emergency contraception should be more readily available to people under 18.

--------------------

i always click back! wailord.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th June 2024 - 04:00 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.