Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
15 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
February Community Thread, It's GPX's birth month!
Mamanator
post Feb 21 2017, 01:25 PM
Post #241

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 12 870

Active Squad

Hello Everybody! grin.gif

Today is my Monday and, so far, it's going pretty ok. Sadly I found out this morning that my husband forgot to take his medication at bedtime when he texted me to tell me "way to go for making sure I take them". LOL... uh... what? So yeah. Hopefully that's the worse my day will get.

Looks like we're searching for dragons for this week's hunt and I'm hoping to switch it up by finding a different one (Dratini would be nice, but I'm also trying for Bagons), but if I loose the multiplier I'll probably switch to the good ole stand by of Char-Char. *smirk*

I'm also back on the hunt for the shiny Spike (-eared Pichu) and, with that, comes a berry specific Pokemon we just bumped into. So if you happen to have a dry sense of wit and humor, we'd appreciate the Chesto berry going towards him. Many thanks!

--------------------
Their futures are so bright they shine

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Shadow Fennekin
post Feb 21 2017, 04:21 PM
Post #242

Elite Four
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 14 137

Platinum team

Draco shards are what I need the most of. I'd start a hunt for Dragons, but I already got the only low maturity one as a shiny. And the others are a pain to hatch on some days. I barely see the one I'd like to hunt anyways, already have a Goomy. It's Bagon.

Also, party hat Pikachu in Pokemon Go. Cute.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Luneon
post Feb 21 2017, 11:24 PM
Post #243

The older I get, the less I seem to care for things....
Group Icon

Member No.: 33 779

The Chosen Ones

The first Arceus plate I got was a Dragon plate so I got lucky. I think it was a reward for a swsh but I'm not sure...
I still want to hunt a few more dragons for fun though, but there's a lot more other stuff that's up first.

I haven't hunted any flying or steel types so I might have to get myself to hunt one of those once I'm done with my current non-novelty hunt. Or I could work the other way around and only hunt those I only need just 1 more shard of :P

Any tips/ideas on what would be best?

-------------------------------------------------

--------------------

Banners&Quotes (click to show)
+Quote Post

Shadow Fennekin
post Feb 22 2017, 12:02 AM
Post #244

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 14 137

Platinum team

QUOTE(Luneon @ Feb 21 2017, 11:24 PM) *
The first Arceus plate I got was a Dragon plate so I got lucky. I think it was a reward for a swsh but I'm not sure...
I still want to hunt a few more dragons for fun though, but there's a lot more other stuff that's up first.

I haven't hunted any flying or steel types so I might have to get myself to hunt one of those once I'm done with my current non-novelty hunt. Or I could work the other way around and only hunt those I only need just 1 more shard of :P

Any tips/ideas on what would be best?

-------------------------------------------------

Well, I'd suggest hunting an Alolan Pokemon for shards you need. It's what I'm doing, like Sandshrew and Vulpix.... I need Ice shards and I like those shinies so it is a win-win.
I don't think there is a new Steel type actually.... aside from Sandslash and well, legendaries? But Pikipek would be a nice hunt for Flying shards surely whenever he gets added. Along with those Orocario if you got their things done happy.gif
Cause Alola Pokemon will be being highly bred for awhile I imagine. So it'll be easier than older Pokemon(unfortunately for some hunts)

--------------------
+Quote Post

RicFule
post Feb 22 2017, 09:49 AM
Post #245

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 846

Platinum Team

QUOTE(Shadow Fennekin @ Feb 22 2017, 01:02 AM) *
Well, I'd suggest hunting an Alolan Pokemon for shards you need. It's what I'm doing, like Sandshrew and Vulpix.... I need Ice shards and I like those shinies so it is a win-win.
I don't think there is a new Steel type actually.... aside from Sandslash and well, legendaries? But Pikipek would be a nice hunt for Flying shards surely whenever he gets added. Along with those Orocario if you got their things done happy.gif
Cause Alola Pokemon will be being highly bred for awhile I imagine. So it'll be easier than older Pokemon(unfortunately for some hunts)

Well, Oricorio will not give you Flying Shards, since the Flying type is the secondary type and not the primary. There doesn't seem to be any primary Steel Alola pokemon on the site yet {?}, but there are a couple with secondary Steel typing: the aforementioned Sandshrew line and Togedemaru. Currently released Alola pokemon are only good for Ice, Bug, Fighting, Water, Ghost, Fire, Psychic, Electric, and Dark hunts.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Feb 22 2017, 10:08 AM
Post #246

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

It doesn't matter if anything is a secondary typing or not, hatching a shard from a shiny Pokémon only functions with the primary typing. The only time the secondary typing is used is if the primary typing is Normal, as there is no 'Normal Plate'.

Klink, Mawile, Honedge, Bronzor and Aron seem to the most common primary steel types in terms of what I've seen. Not sure how common they are, though..

The only primary steel types Alola gave us are Celesteela and Magearna.. so you could be lucky with those two @ Lune :P Otherwise I'd stick to the 4 I mentioned.

I've only got about 4-5 shards left to get so it's making my own hunting very limited now lol. The sooner it's over the better, I've got so many plates to do still. I'm only on my 5th run of DotW but I've got about 13 plates finished.. aha.

================

Speaking of my run I've hit everyone's favourite task..

This post has been edited by x Sam: Feb 22 2017, 10:09 AM

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

RicFule
post Feb 22 2017, 12:43 PM
Post #247

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 846

Platinum Team

QUOTE(x Sam @ Feb 22 2017, 11:08 AM) *
It doesn't matter if anything is a secondary typing or not, hatching a shard from a shiny Pokémon only functions with the primary typing. The only time the secondary typing is used is if the primary typing is Normal, as there is no 'Normal Plate'.

Yeah. That's what I was saying with the Oricorio not giving out Flying Shards. As for the secondary Steel mention, that was only because Fennekin said they thought the only Steel Alola was SandSLASH and Legendaries. I was just giving out the others of the currently released pokemon. I didn't research the complete Alola Dex to see if there were some that have not been released.

--------------------
+Quote Post

CobaltComm
post Feb 22 2017, 08:30 PM
Post #248

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 236 946

Active Squad

QUOTE(Running On Ice @ Feb 20 2017, 03:06 PM) *
I have a feeling that next month's SWSH will be the four Oricorio forms. I'd love to see that happen.

I just want to see this because it would cause even more Alolan madness...
if that's even possible at this point
+Quote Post

Luneon
post Feb 22 2017, 08:35 PM
Post #249

Group Icon

The Chosen Ones

Mawile and Honedge look pretty cool as shinies
Thank you all!

---------------------

If next month has all 4 Oricorio forms I'm going to do the pink one first, and if I have time left then the purplish one.
Although the red one is neat too. By far the pink one is my favorite because it's super cute.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Gigadweeb
post Feb 23 2017, 06:39 AM
Post #250

The Dragonslayer
Group Icon

Member No.: 44 890

pre-Gen V favs

so I was lucky enough to find a copy of Crystal and a GBC off a Facebook group, and damn I've been loving it. The simplicity is kinda nice, pretty familiar even though I've only ever played a Gen 2 game as a little kid. Sprites are really crisp in-battle.

For the Plates, I'd go with the 4-shard ones so that you can get it over with quicker before next month.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Feb 23 2017, 11:13 AM
Post #251

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

Speaking of plates, my own collection is almost complete now!
Spoiler (click to showhide)

only a few shards left and several dotw runs to go.. lol

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Mamanator
post Feb 23 2017, 09:30 PM
Post #252

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 870

Active Squad

That moment when you realize that your dream of completing another Scavenger Hunt gets ripped away from you. *sigh* I'll be flying to Houston, TX this Saturday and will be gone all week attending the Audit Workshop. So much for daily clicks while I babysit the office. *sigh*

Hubby's doctor appointment was today and it went well. While he isn't yet cleared for work, he was cleared to drive. As soon as we told my boss that... they already had me booked on the first available flight. Doh! Seems you have to go left (CA) to go right (TX). LOL Quite unhappy about my flight times (7am) on both going and returning as that probably means I have to be up at 4am. But. *sigh* I suppose. This is my job. I just never expected them to want to get me on a plane to attend and cover the workshop at this late date. Note to Self. Next time. Hold back the good news from your job. LOL

In GPX related news... at least I got today's hunt complete. 5K+ of clicks in 2 hours. *phew* Sadly, for the explore I'm on, that wasn't good enough. Not nearly. It took me over 5k interactions plus TWO super searches to find that explore item. Gah! So yeah. That delayed the completion of this explore as I wait for 55 passersby to toss a berry (any berry, mercifully) our way. So if you want to take pity on a fellow player who can't complete this month's scavenger hunt, and had the search power putter out on her forcing extra purchase of it.... then yeah. Stop by my party and throw a sweet berry at the purple blob. We'd both appreciate it. grin.gif

Thank you.

--------------------
Their futures are so bright they shine

+Quote Post

Alchemists Fire
post Feb 24 2017, 12:48 AM
Post #253

Companion Cube
Group Icon

Member No.: 246 334

Favourites

I've pretty much given up on the Pokemon tasks for the Scavenger hunt xD School doesn't give me enough time to even get my eggs hatched (my last one hatched about an hour and 20 mins before server reset...there's NO WAY I would've been able to get that to level 62 or 72 or whatever)

I'm still annoyed at myself for totally forgetting to open chests for the first trinket task, and I didn't remember until 5 minutes after reset...gah

The good news is I finally managed to find a couple of Crabrawler eggs! Sounds like I just missed the snow weather though xD

--------------------
My Party:

Shiny Hunts (click to show)
+Quote Post

Gigadweeb
post Feb 24 2017, 03:12 AM
Post #254

The Dragonslayer
Group Icon

Member No.: 44 890

pre-Gen V favs

QUOTE(Alchemists Fire @ Feb 24 2017, 03:18 PM) *
I've pretty much given up on the Pokemon tasks for the Scavenger hunt xD School doesn't give me enough time to even get my eggs hatched (my last one hatched about an hour and 20 mins before server reset...there's NO WAY I would've been able to get that to level 62 or 72 or whatever)

I'm still annoyed at myself for totally forgetting to open chests for the first trinket task, and I didn't remember until 5 minutes after reset...gah

The good news is I finally managed to find a couple of Crabrawler eggs! Sounds like I just missed the snow weather though xD

Oh trust me, you can. You just have to use the Pokéwalker and interact a fuckton.

On another note, I forgot about the 'no hatched Pokémon' rule for the hunt and missed out on the extra task. urgh

--------------------
+Quote Post

Cryptic Lyric
post Feb 24 2017, 11:00 AM
Post #255

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 49 893

Favorites

I just checked, and I have 4 shards for each of the following types: Draco, Earth, Flame, Iron, and Insect. And the only one of those I have a hunt for is Flame. So, my next hunts that I pick will be trying to knock those out before I move onto the ones I need 2-4 more shards for.

I will eventually go back to DotW once I get through TBD. Speaking of, could I please have some help with this Kecleon? She needs some spice in her life.

I'm glad to see someone helped fill the Plus for tomorrow! My boyfriend dumped 40 credits into that yesterday to bump it along.

I'm currently debating on splurging on a Mass Effect: Andromeda hoodie, since they are on pre-order at the moment. I have two other Mass Effect Hoodies and one from Dragon Age. I don't need a new one, per se, but I would certainly like that. Doesn't help that March's LootCrate has something Overwatch related, too, so I'm even more tempted to splurge...

--------------------

Fan of most things nerdy. Currently obsessed with Critical Role, D&D, Sun Haven. Always in love with Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Pokemon (obviously), and a bunch of other things.
+Quote Post

Luneon
post Feb 25 2017, 12:20 AM
Post #256

Group Icon

The Chosen Ones

When I checked the plus page yesterday, it only needed 3 more credits so I shoved those in (I still had some leftovers from the scratch cards)
Thanks to the other people who threw in some!

-----------------------------------
Idk if anyone has watched the new Digimon Adventure Tri movie yet but it was pretty interesting
Nice to see some backstory being told
I'm curious what they'll do in the next movies.

With my dad's paypal problems being solved, I've decided to pre-order one of the figures recently announced at wonfes.
It should be coming this way in November/December because figures take ages to make and ship.
But it'll come with a keychain so yay.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Running On Ice
post Feb 25 2017, 12:36 AM
Post #257

There’s a lot of tension in this town
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 626

Active Squad

I think the first plate I ever got was the Insect Plate as the SWSH prize, and the first one I completed myself was the Meadow Plate. I wish I had the patience to get the rest of the Arceus because I have had all the plates done for a while.

--------------------
FRIEND CODE: 4527-8945-5766; NAME: Laura
FRIEND SAFARI: NORMAL; PM me so we can trade codes

Clubs and Shinies (click to show)

"Don't take advice from people like me. Do your own thing always"- Chrissie Hynde, from ironically a thing titled "Chrissie Hynde's Advice To Chick Rockers"
+Quote Post

Akane Kurashiki
post Feb 25 2017, 06:48 AM
Post #258

My little shadow familiar can't be this cute
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 553

Favs <3

QUOTE(Luneon @ Feb 25 2017, 06:20 AM) *
Idk if anyone has watched the new Digimon Adventure Tri movie yet but it was pretty interesting
Nice to see some backstory being told
I'm curious what they'll do in the next movies.

I've been a bit lazy with my DotW run, but other things have been stealing my time. I hope I can finish the current clicking task this weekend.

--------------------
I get so many things I don't deserve

+Quote Post

Luneon
post Feb 25 2017, 09:23 AM
Post #259

Group Icon

The Chosen Ones

QUOTE(North Star @ Feb 25 2017, 12:48 PM) *

--------------------

+Quote Post

Akane Kurashiki
post Feb 25 2017, 10:18 AM
Post #260

My little shadow familiar can't be this cute
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 553

Favs <3

QUOTE(Luneon @ Feb 25 2017, 03:23 PM) *

The release date is quite vague, so the CR release might even come out next year. I'll have to check the release dates of the previous ones to see how much time passed between movies, it'll probably take more or less the same time.

Okay, already checked. Going by the dates I have on my MAL watched list (and I'm pretty sure I've watched all of them the same day they came out), it's five/six months between releases. Following that trend the next one would be around mid/late summer.

--------------------
I get so many things I don't deserve

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:45 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.