Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
15 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
November Community Thread, Be sure to read the rules before posting!
Sportsfan666
post Nov 26 2017, 06:10 PM
Post #241

It's been awhile since I changed this.
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 9 506

Active Squad

Yeah, that is what I was thinking. The slowest completion time is just under a month and a day though, so I was worried that there were people who took longer and got cut off. I already finished my special explorations this month so I'm not in too much of a hurry to finish this explo this month.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Alex Mercer
post Nov 26 2017, 06:15 PM
Post #242

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 28 584

Diamond Team

Oh, no, you can take as long as you want on those ones. I think I took over a year on DotW once due to a hiatus. It's just the monthly ones, as well as Christmas/Halloween specials, that get cut off.

Tossed a pecha your way. Good luck!

This post has been edited by Alex Mercer: Nov 26 2017, 06:16 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Nov 26 2017, 06:44 PM
Post #243

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Member No.: 221 574

Active Squad

Whoops, read that one wrong then. Sorry, sleep-deprived. Yeah, there's no limit on regular Explorations.

..In other words, I can't seem to find Jangmo'o Eggs anywhere today, even with Sweet Honey. sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Sportsfan666
post Nov 26 2017, 08:24 PM
Post #244

Group Icon

Active Squad

Yeah, it just seems like the 1 month and 23 hours is just the "cap" for how long it shows on slowest completion time. I took 2 months to do DOTW before and it still shows that the longest completion time for ANYONE is just over a month.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Luneon
post Nov 26 2017, 08:45 PM
Post #245

The older I get, the less I seem to care for things....
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 33 779

The Chosen Ones

When DotW was first released, I've seen rumors that the reason DotW doesn't have longer times listed is because some people like me take forever to complete it and then mess up the average.
Although I have no idea how much of that is true and how much of that was just "dissing" XD

For special explorations, you have the whole month and 2 weeks into the new month to finish your current one I believe

--------------------

Banners&Quotes (click to show)
+Quote Post

Alex Mercer
post Nov 27 2017, 01:05 AM
Post #246

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Diamond Team

The same could be said of basically any exploration, at least the ones that aren't monthly. Like, I could take months on Mystery Creature of the Ruins if I was that aimless and/or not present on the site. It'd be artificial slowness at that point, mostly caused by ignoring the exploration, but it's still possible (and for new players, not necessarily unlikely.) And DoTW and TBD do both take a very long time to do; if you're a casual player only, they will take you months. Hell, I spend well over a week on that Dedenne task alone if I don't post it on the community thread (that speeds it up to maybe five days), and I'm a decent clicker when motivated. TBD has three of those. So I don't see a reason to alter their measurements to take only the speedy runs. To me, this seems more like a glitch in the system than something intentional, because if it's intentional, that's just stupid.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Sportsfan666
post Nov 27 2017, 07:07 AM
Post #247

Group Icon

Active Squad

I started this explo after I finished my two monthly ones, so I must be 3 weeks in or so. I'd argue that TBD is the hardest exploration just because of the three berry feeding tasks. DoTW does have the infamous party locked task, but you can just grind through it if you have the Exp. All.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post Nov 27 2017, 12:57 PM
Post #248

A learning vessel of several lessons to make me more clever.
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 405

My Loves

TBD is no doubt the toughest exploration on the site. It is brutal and for good reason. Sure, some tasks on DotW are not fun (unless you have a specific item to help you), but the sheer tedium of waiting for berry feedings is by itself a marker of great difficulty. I'm glad to never have to do that one again!

And yeah, I feel like the 1 month and 23 days thing was just an arbitrary number that was put in for exploration length. I wouldn't mind seeing just how long some people take with TBD/DotW, though... I know people have taken over a year for each.

--------------------

Check my GPXPlus journal to see what I contributed to the site!

Interested in a commission? PM me.
+Quote Post

Alex Mercer
post Nov 27 2017, 02:06 PM
Post #249

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Diamond Team

Some day, I will tackle That Everlasting Flame. But that day is not today, and given how TDB will lock me up for well over a month and I like those monthly explorations, I don't see it happening anytime soon. I don't mind horrible lengthy explorations for rewards, but TDB is quite intentionally a joke and I like cracking open legendaries too much to lock myself up like that.

Wow, found a Giratina egg that was in the lab for over an hour. Sorry to whoever I poached it from, but I daresay you had plenty of time, especially with only seven hundred eggs around. I found my summon in a minute.

--------------------

+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Nov 27 2017, 05:25 PM
Post #250

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Active Squad

I don't see myself starting on That Everlasting Flame all that soon, either. I like being able to have free Party slots and such. Plus, I rarely use Flame Orbs anyways, so there's another reason for me to not need to do the Exploration anytime soon. Also, everything gets far more tedious on non-multiplier days, and there's a lot of those..

--------------------

+Quote Post

Karatekid5
post Nov 27 2017, 06:05 PM
Post #251

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 94 580

Active Squad

Bounsweet SWSH has surpassed 600, these upcoming non-multiplier days are gonna be rough.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Sportsfan666
post Nov 27 2017, 06:33 PM
Post #252

Group Icon

Active Squad

I need to complete every exploration at least once so I decided to get TBD over with. I'm nine berries away from finishing this task, so it looks like I'll have all of my slots for the rest of the hunt.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Asbel Lhant
post Nov 27 2017, 09:36 PM
Post #253

King of Zinogre
Group Icon

Member No.: 139 518

Active Squad

I finished my SWSH hunt a while ago, my Minior appeared after 318 eggs. I didn't bother trying to get a bunch of shinies for the SWSH, one is enough to get the prize. I didn't have a lot of time to really hatch eggs, work has gotten busy because of the Christmas rush. I was surprised I finished it at all to be honest tongue.gif. My latest shiny hatched is my shiny Toxapex. I started the hunt shortly after it was released to the site and it only took me 38 eggs. It was quite the surprise actually, I didn't think it would be as fast as it was.

I've been passing the time playing Ultra Moon hunting for some shinies. Will post spoilers in the spoiler tags just in case there are people who don't have the game yet.

Spoiler (click to showhide)

I will say shiny hunting in USUM is pretty fun, that's all I've been doing since I beat the final Grand Trial. I will say that I'm really loving the game so far, I went into it knowing very little about it. I found the game a lot more fun that Sun/Moon, mainly because I barely knew anything about it. Granted, it is pretty much the same thing but all the new things they added made it a lot more fun.

--------------------
Zoom
+Quote Post

Alex Mercer
post Nov 28 2017, 12:37 AM
Post #254

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Diamond Team

Wow, congratulations! And kudos for your tenacity in soft resets! It's good to hear they finally got rid of that obnoxious shiny lock. I'd tried SRing back in gen 4/5, but I always got tired after a few hundred tries and gave up.

I've been waiting for two days for my random matchmaking request to get a match. Surprised it's taken this long.

--------------------

+Quote Post

AregularFrankief...
post Nov 28 2017, 01:34 AM
Post #255

hroo hraa 🎃
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Asbel Lhant @ Nov 27 2017, 07:36 PM) *
I finished my SWSH hunt a while ago, my Minior appeared after 318 eggs. I didn't bother trying to get a bunch of shinies for the SWSH, one is enough to get the prize. I didn't have a lot of time to really hatch eggs, work has gotten busy because of the Christmas rush. I was surprised I finished it at all to be honest tongue.gif. My latest shiny hatched is my shiny Toxapex. I started the hunt shortly after it was released to the site and it only took me 38 eggs. It was quite the surprise actually, I didn't think it would be as fast as it was.

I've been passing the time playing Ultra Moon hunting for some shinies. Will post spoilers in the spoiler tags just in case there are people who don't have the game yet.

Spoiler (click to showhide)

I will say shiny hunting in USUM is pretty fun, that's all I've been doing since I beat the final Grand Trial. I will say that I'm really loving the game so far, I went into it knowing very little about it. I found the game a lot more fun that Sun/Moon, mainly because I barely knew anything about it. Granted, it is pretty much the same thing but all the new things they added made it a lot more fun.

Gah, the shiny hunter in me is screaming with excitement, but where I live, US/UM are both around $50. And I don't think I can renew my Pokebank subscription anytime soon, so I can't just port some of my favorite mons over and have a go at it even if it was in my purchase range. Alolan Pokemon are so damned slow naturally [so I gave up on Moon]. ;~;

Also, really loving the colors they gave shiny Poipole! We need more gold shiny Pokemon, in my opinion. Which reminds me, all of my shiny Pokemon except a Ho-Oh, Hoothoot, and a Bonsly are stuck on my old X cartridge.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Sportsfan666
post Nov 28 2017, 06:43 AM
Post #256

Group Icon

Active Squad

I decided to use one of my vouchers to get a Brown Magikarp because I haven't seen a single one in the shelter. Took out my Mareanie pairs for now to breed some Brown Karp. I want to switch back to my Zygarde pair eventually but I've already missed out on two of my bred shinies so I might just pick up shelter eggs. In other news, I'll be on the final task of TBD once I can get this Togepi evolved. I'm so glad I'm done with the berry feeding tasks.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Nov 28 2017, 07:20 AM
Post #257

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(Sportsfan666 @ Nov 28 2017, 11:43 AM) *
I decided to use one of my vouchers to get a Brown Magikarp because I haven't seen a single one in the shelter. Took out my Mareanie pairs for now to breed some Brown Karp. I want to switch back to my Zygarde pair eventually but I've already missed out on two of my bred shinies so I might just pick up shelter eggs. In other news, I'll be on the final task of TBD once I can get this Togepi evolved. I'm so glad I'm done with the berry feeding tasks.

Just gave your Togepi a Lemonade so it'll get there quicker!

I've gone into ugh mode right now, finished both explorations and the swsh (got my bounsweet fairly early), second swsh of minior is taking its time. I probably won't finish it soon but who knows.

I thought my open book test was tomorrow at 3pm but turns out it's today at 3pm so I've had to dig out my notes early. Not too bad so I should be ok. It was an interesting module happy.gif although I failed one of the assignments (it was 4 tests we had to analyse, I got 30 in one of them and 40 is a pass) but I'm not a statistician at all so it's something to work on.

Open book test today is on Molecular Genetics, we looked at our own ancestral path based on mutations in the D-Loop of our mtDNA and wrote a report on it; pretty nifty! We also did one based on transgenic bacteria taking up fluorescent plasmids. I have a deadline every week now and it's just urgh.

I have a deadline on Thursday and one on Friday, one next Friday 7th and then one on the 14th and one on the 15th.

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Gigadyne
post Nov 28 2017, 10:50 AM
Post #258

Pokemon Breeder
Group Icon

Member No.: 164 629

Heartgold Team

Soft resetting for either shiny starter or legendary is something i never have enough patience for. I prefer PokeRadar chaining, SOS chaining, and Masuda method breeding. Although, it gets boring fast with latter, as well.

Just a little under hundred berries left for Dedenne task.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Alex Mercer
post Nov 28 2017, 12:58 PM
Post #259

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Diamond Team

I don't have any 6th or 7th gen games, but chaining was my favorite method for shiny obtainment. It was grindy, but it was predictable. I failed often, but with enough perseverance, you'd get that shiny, and that was such a gratifying feeling.

Berry to Dedenne! Good luck. (Does anyone know what dictates which Arceus you're getting? I always seem to get the plate with the lowest alphabetical index.)

Three days now. Still no bite on the matchmaking request. That's just bizarre.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Alex Mercer
post Nov 28 2017, 01:55 PM
Post #260

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Diamond Team

I still need Bulu for those ones, but honestly, even with one of every legendary, I'd still vastly prefer to do two monthlies than get stuck on TDB for about two months. Hatching legendaries, even random ones, are one of the few excitements left to me on this site. Not giving that up for Flame Orbs, which I barely have a use for anyway. (Sweet Honey, maybe then we could talk.)

Semi-relatedly, does anyone else feel bad hatching and instantly releasing a legendary after an exploration? Since they nearly all end with you vowing to take great care of this new powerful egg and becoming the best of friends with it. Or safeguarding it. Or whatever. It occurs to me that I am not a very good trainer.

Though it's even worse when I end up corrupting them. 'Yeah, I'll protect this Adamant Orb from anyone who wants to abuse it!' Cue evil Dialgas popping up all over the place.

--------------------

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 10:25 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.