Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Closed TopicStart new topic
orbs and summoning items
mrmoneymakea12
post Apr 9 2011, 07:15 AM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 83 608

Active Squad

unimpressed.gif why can't they just give us the egg that comes from then summoning item or items insted of causeing us to fail epicly and give some one else your sommoned egg i think it would make legendary collecters alot happier just sayin
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

XxHyBr1DxX
post Apr 9 2011, 08:19 AM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 65 623

my team

If it's like the fossils ... you get the egg instantly... the game will be really boring... while hunting the egg is fun!

--------------------
<---- wohoo!
+Quote Post

Carefactorzero
post Apr 9 2011, 08:41 AM
Post #3

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 19 837

Active Squad

If everything were this easy, it would be too boring. Legends are something that should be worked for; not given to you straightaway. You'll get better at summoning eventually, and I'm sure you'll appreciate the numerous opportunities to snag failed summons from the lab yourself one day. That aspect of legend hunting is what makes legend-hunters happy, as well as a bit of a challenge. I daresay the majority of us prefer a shot at what others fail to grab rather than having to always rely on finding summoning items, which are actually hard to come by on a frequent basis, unlike the plethora of summons that go unclaimed once the 5 minutes pass by.

5 minutes is ample time to grab your summon. Pick a bonus day and you should have no trouble, as the lab is usually emptied out on those days. Or, if you need the egg data, use a repel after you summon it and hey presto! Free grab!
+Quote Post

Demothi Ryuu
post Apr 9 2011, 09:54 AM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 17 396

Active Squad

I have misses a few summoned eggs myself, but you know what, I actually found the hunting, and the anticipation really fun. It got my heart racing, just like seeing a novelty I really want in the egg shelter or safari, because you never know if you will or won't get it.

Really this game isn't made to just 'give' you much of anything, fossils and vouchers are the only thing that are a given, so really those are the outlier things where as summoning in the lab is the basic.

Just keep working at it and don't give up.

(I once kept a summoning item for over 5 months because I kept missing multiplier days, so just be careful and use good judgment and you can get your summons without a problem.)

--------------------
~*~Click My Party~*~

My poor pokes need lovings, give it to them please?

Other site bbs for views (click to show)
+Quote Post

Kathie
post Apr 9 2011, 01:56 PM
Post #5

Does he look like a Bidoof?
Group Icon

Member No.: 75 135

Active Squad

hatch a bunch of eggs. then when you summon, you can repel and a good majority will be gone! thats how I've actually snagged somebody else's summons. oh.gif

--------------------

Brawlers forever in my ♥
+Quote Post

HemlockDalise
post Apr 9 2011, 02:27 PM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 101 636

Active Squad

I too know the pain of being a terrible summon-catcher - I've summoned a few, and only caught one! I think it adds to the fun though, not being handed everything.
I will be trying this advice next time, and hope for better luck!
How would you go about summon catching if you had already hatched one of the pokemon summoned? Repel wouldn't be usable would it?

--------------------
+Quote Post

FiddleTwix
post Apr 9 2011, 03:05 PM
Post #7

No, this is Patrick
Group Icon

Member No.: 55 445

My faves

Yeah I hate actually having to actively search and work for my legends. I wish they would be handed to me directly as well. /sarcasm

Seriously, that's what I always hear when people bring this up. :| Especially when people started bitching about explorations replacing the event system.

What's so wrong with having to actually do something to get a legend? It's like those people who brag about how many shinies or legends they've gotten on their console games using a cheating device. Congratulations; you just got crap you in no way earned. You should be proud. smugnod.gif

Getting rare stuff is already a whole lot easier than it used to be, yet people are always suggesting ways to make it easier. Easier IMO = boring.

And yes, you can always use a repel if you haven't hatched the Legend you're going for. If you have; well then you already know the egg description, refresh, refresh, refresh.

I'm not saying it's not frustrating when you miss a summon; it is. I know. I missed a Heatran egg I summoned and I was majorly pissed. Made even more stupid over the fact that I hate Heatran XD

The system we have right now is just fine the way it is. You're still working for a legend, it's more fair because you have 5 minutes to yourself where only you and you alone can find it, and it gives us the opportunity to go legend hunting ourselves for missed summons. And even though you might feel for the person who missed the legend you just got, you won't deny that that feeling admittedly goes away soon enough once the "I just grabbed a legend" happiness kicks in. :P

Egg hunting is a lot more fun than just getting eggs handed to you. I kinda understand why there's no system in place like that for fossils. Fossils are...well fossils. They're immobile until you decide to resurrect it and then it's yours instantly; same as in-game. Kinda like egg hatching.

Legends are supposed to be special. If they were just handed to everyone with no effort they really wouldn't be as special, would they?

--------------------

Like anime reviews, stuff and more stuff? Like western animation and things? I do those things here nom.gif http://fiddletwix.wordpress.com/
+Quote Post

FaerieFallen
post Apr 9 2011, 03:27 PM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 75 119

Active Squad

It's a problem, I'll admit. But let's face it... anything easily had is rarely worth having!

--------------------

+Quote Post

LittleMissSophie
post Apr 9 2011, 10:38 PM
Post #9

Frantic Shipper
Group Icon

Member No.: 13 434

Heart Gold Team~! <3

The anticipation makes it more rewarding, in my opinion.

--------------------

Shiny Collection:
+Quote Post

Gigadweeb
post Apr 10 2011, 12:11 AM
Post #10

The Dragonslayer
Group Icon

Member No.: 44 890

pre-Gen V favs

... You know what? Maybe we should remove Summoning altogether.
Honestly, shut the fuck up for once, and be grateful that you get Summoning Items- We didn't get those before they were intoduced. We had to rely on luck from each monthly event.
If you ask me, they should have stopped making getting Legendaries noob-friendly. Soon they'll start complaining they get one once a week.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Knight of Cydoni...
post Apr 11 2011, 11:48 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 131 433

Gen 5, please? :3

QUOTE(Bones @ Apr 10 2011, 04:05 AM) *
Yeah I hate actually having to actively search and work for my legends. I wish they would be handed to me directly as well. /sarcasm

Seriously, that's what I always hear when people bring this up. :| Especially when people started bitching about explorations replacing the event system.

What's so wrong with having to actually do something to get a legend? It's like those people who brag about how many shinies or legends they've gotten on their console games using a cheating device. Congratulations; you just got crap you in no way earned. You should be proud. smugnod.gif

Getting rare stuff is already a whole lot easier than it used to be, yet people are always suggesting ways to make it easier. Easier IMO = boring.

And yes, you can always use a repel if you haven't hatched the Legend you're going for. If you have; well then you already know the egg description, refresh, refresh, refresh.

I'm not saying it's not frustrating when you miss a summon; it is. I know. I missed a Heatran egg I summoned and I was majorly pissed. Made even more stupid over the fact that I hate Heatran XD

The system we have right now is just fine the way it is. You're still working for a legend, it's more fair because you have 5 minutes to yourself where only you and you alone can find it, and it gives us the opportunity to go legend hunting ourselves for missed summons. And even though you might feel for the person who missed the legend you just got, you won't deny that that feeling admittedly goes away soon enough once the "I just grabbed a legend" happiness kicks in. :P

Egg hunting is a lot more fun than just getting eggs handed to you. I kinda understand why there's no system in place like that for fossils. Fossils are...well fossils. They're immobile until you decide to resurrect it and then it's yours instantly; same as in-game. Kinda like egg hatching.

Legends are supposed to be special. If they were just handed to everyone with no effort they really wouldn't be as special, would they?

And yeah they should make an Arceus egg pop up every second. I bet everyone will be happy. /sarcasm

--------------------

+Quote Post

Superbob
post Apr 12 2011, 12:11 AM
Post #12

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 111 547

Active Squad

Summoning is fun. I am ranked #16 in failed summons and I say keep em coming. It is fun raging at myself when I refresh over it.
+Quote Post

Sofia
post Apr 12 2011, 12:16 AM
Post #13

Kimi kara kamikorosu ka?
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 379

My darlings <3

I seriously like the fail rate. It makes it fair to others as well. People who stalk the Lab deserve to be rewarded by random failed summons.

--------------------
Sofia's Shiny Army

Click this link and help me get a hat!

Avid Onix Fanatic
Random Stuff! (click to show)
+Quote Post

Killer Zylos Wol...
post Apr 12 2011, 07:37 AM
Post #14

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 87 995

Team Sinnoh

Easy is boring...at less to many. If things were too easily most people would get bored and quit. That's probably not something a site wants, people quitting on it.

At the same time, making something too hard would also result in boredom or more likely frustration, which the same result of being to easy happens.

But as it is, you have 5 minutes to yourself to hunt for the egg with no chance of anyone else getting it, after those five minutes it's all fair in love and war...or in this case getting a egg...a fictional egg...even more fictional then normal.

Overall they did it the best way I could see it done with the less amount of people being annoyed by it.

If you don't waste your 5 minutes on doing other things...then you will most likely get the egg. Of course it's not 100% that you will get it but still more then 50% I'd say.

Also, people want Legendary for their own reasons, and people can't just live on their own summoning items, not everyone would get enough in the end, so that's when people "stealing" your eggs come in. This gives people who don't have a ton of summoning items to get a chance of their own to get it.

Say as you like, this is for the best. Just because you fail at times doesn't mean you should just complain and rage about it, that gives you nothing in the end.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Lacrymosa
post Apr 12 2011, 09:52 AM
Post #15

can u not
Group Icon

Member No.: 88 119

nyoom

People who get unlucky with underground and people without secret key/time to stalk backroom would never be able to get legends if they were just handed out. I think it's a good way to balance things.

I've missed a few, but I can't complain since I already have all the summonables and what I've missed could just put a smile to another person's face. c:

--------------------
+Quote Post

Flamer
post Apr 12 2011, 10:31 AM
Post #16

Insert whitty phrase here
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 757

Faves

QUOTE(Chester Bennington @ Apr 10 2011, 06:11 AM) *
... You know what? Maybe we should remove Summoning altogether.
Honestly, shut the fuck up for once, and be grateful that you get Summoning Items- We didn't get those before they were intoduced. We had to rely on luck from each monthly event.
If you ask me, they should have stopped making getting Legendaries noob-friendly. Soon they'll start complaining they get one once a week.

Don't flame

And closing this, since its rather pointless

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:06 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.