Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Closed TopicStart new topic
Shadow Pokemon and Purification, Question for mods.
Cube
post Jul 1 2009, 08:09 PM
Post #1

Factory Head
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 20 693

PANE Party

Alright, so those wacky twerps over at Mt. Carello have introduce Shadow Pokemon to the plot. (By the way, that RP is epic.)

So, it's safe to assume that the resident villainous team has access to the technology that creates Shadow Pokemon. I don't know if they have a Snag Machine or anything. But they have Shadow Pokemon.

Now... Shadow Pokemon, purification, and all of that sort of thing are really interesting. So I was wondering, would it be allowed for a trainer to obtain a single Shadow Pokemon. Obviously, none of us have Snag Machines or Aura readers, so the actual method of obtaining them would either:
  1. Require the grunt in question to abandon/lose track of said Shadow Pokemon.
  2. Require some sort of trickery, or the actual physical theft of the pokeball.
  3. require the PC to some how obtain a Snag Ball to use on the Shadow Pokemon (Possibly by grabbing a missed throw.)
  4. Require the existing Pokemon could be turned into a Shadow Pokemon.

Now, level ranges would apply. (No Shadow Legendaries. XD), and Shadow Pokemon would obviously not level up or evolve until purification.

And on the manner of purification, unlike the events surrounding Jamia's Riolu/Lucario, Purification would take time.
(That Riolu was a special case, considering the circumstances. Assuming that there was no prior bond with the obtained Shadow Pokemon, it would take a few levels worth of nurture to purify.)

And, on the subject on purification... I really don't know. Possibly it could occur when the Shadow Pokemon finally feels some affection for it's trainer. (Because before then, that Pokemon is going to hate you, and possibly even attack you.)

My question is... would this be allowed? (Obviously, it wouldn't be a reoccurring event. The reason I'm asking is that in our groups next RP, we were considering having a Villainous Team invade a contest hall in Barley.)

And then... which Pokemon? Obviously no legendaries. But perhaps things like a (very low level) Scyther, or an Ekans, or one of the listed Starter Pokemon or something.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Jul 2 2009, 11:05 AM
Post #2

Team Rogue: Pidgeotto
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 814

PANE: Darryn Kellor

We're wacky twerps?.... I'm flattered! blargagh.gif

--------------------
Darryn Kellor ~ ~ PANE Moderator ~ ~ Lori Pardare
PANE Characters (click to show)
LA's Plays (click to show)

Unovalocke (click to show)
+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Jul 2 2009, 11:06 AM
Post #3

Team Rogue: Espeon
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 443

Tuesday's Pack

I second Arrow's comment, and add my own: thank you much for the compliment on our RP. ^^ It's nice to know it's being read and enjoyed.

--------------------
[align=center]

UPRISING MODERATOR[/align]
+Quote Post

Cube
post Jul 2 2009, 12:38 PM
Post #4

Factory Head
Group Icon

PANE Party

Yeah, I read other people's RPs. XD

But I liked the idea of Shadow Pokemon, especially how they were portrayed in your thread.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post Jul 4 2009, 12:34 PM
Post #5

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 282

Active Squad

Well, I always looked at the Hero's Snag Machine like this: Snag Balls couldn't be manufactured. They used a sort of unstable energy produced by the Machine to sever the link between Pokemon and Pokeball, allowing our Hero to take the foe's Shadow Pokemon. It seems our First Hero (known as Wes, also known for having an Espeon and Umbreon), his Snag Machine could catch Regular Pokemon, as well. But he was stopped from such tomfoolery by his partner. Our Second Hero (who began his quest with an Eevee) had some sort of Ethical Prohibiter included in his Snag Machine, disallowing him to catch regular Pokemon. As I look at Bulbapedia, it tells us that the Second Hero's Snag Machine had an alarm system that would sound whenever the Hero would use it improperly.

Taken from Bulbapedia:

"The first incarnation of the machine looks like a yellow vending machine with arms protruding from its sides. It stores its own Poké Balls and converts them into Snag Balls inside itself. It is believed to act autonomously since it shows no signs of a control box or control panel. At the beginning of Pokémon Colosseum, it is destroyed by Wes along with the Snagem Hideout. By the end of the game, Team Snagem attempts to bring it back into use, only to be seized by Wes yet again."

So, it appears that one could indeed convert a Snag Ball, previous to my beliefs. It just takes a long time and highly specialized, delicate equipment. Why delicate? Because our First Hero easily blew it up. :e

It also seems Snag Balls do little to improve one's chance of catching a Pokemon, as the Second Hero swaps to using regular Pokeballs when encountering a Wild Pokemon.

So one can't catch a missed Snag Ball. It seems to me like a Special Property of the Snag Ball is that it does not miss. If we can recall, the visual effect of a Snag Ball being thrown was of a claw made of light actively seeking out the Pokemon.

If one were to steal a trainer's beloved Pokemon, who he had been with for several years, the Purification process would take a great deal less time. Perhaps sharing a familiar memory or meal could jump start or even completely cure the Pokemon.

I apologize, I'm rambling, anything you need me to address?

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Cube
post Jul 4 2009, 01:53 PM
Post #6

Factory Head
Group Icon

PANE Party

Okay, so catching a missed snag ball wouldn't work.

If I remember from XD, the Snag ball didn't actually hit the Pokemon, it sort of "recalled" them mid-toss.

Then again, there are numerous other ways for someone with out a snag machine to obtain a Shadow Pokemon.

I was just wondering if a PC "adopting" a single Shadow Pokemon would even be allowed in the first place? sweat.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post Jul 5 2009, 03:33 PM
Post #7

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Active Squad

It could work. It's definitely something you have to ask permission for >_>.

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Cube
post Jul 5 2009, 03:36 PM
Post #8

Factory Head
Group Icon

PANE Party

So is that a yes? sweat.gif

I'm sorry for all the trouble and everything. We can easily go without it...

--------------------
+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post Jul 5 2009, 05:44 PM
Post #9

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Active Squad

Yes. :P You just need permission.

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Cube
post Jul 5 2009, 06:31 PM
Post #10

Factory Head
Group Icon

PANE Party

Oh! Right!

I'm a moron.

Well, I'll make up a Shadow Pokemon (I know Nezzie was kind of hoping on a Shadow Ekans), and run it by you for approval.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Selene101
post Jul 18 2009, 10:13 PM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 37 776

Active Squad

Wow. You guys know a lot. I'm impressed. (Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness = my first pokemon game!)

Well, as I see it, the Snag Ball was thrown to the pokemon, sent out a (awesome) claw thing, and didn't even TOUCH the pokemon. The claw hit the pokemon, the pokemon got sucked into the ball, the ball then bounces on the ground and back, but not all the way to the trainer. What it really is is an enhanced normal ball, because in the games, you have to select any kind of Poke Ball from the Bag to act as the Snag Ball. My guess is the claw "cuts" the "barrier" that prevents a captured pokemon from being caught by someone else.

And for the shadow pokemon you'll use, a Dratini would be good, because the pokemon isn't extremley powerful, but still awesome enough for the bad guys to even WANT. I mean, dude. If you're gonna turn a pokemon evil, it's gotta be something useful, not like a Wurmple.

Dratini (Female)(level 20)
* Shadow Rush
* Shadow Shed
* Shadow Blitz

Just a random-ish-like idea for a shadow Dratini.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Ganymede
post Jul 19 2009, 12:26 PM
Post #12

beep boop
Group Icon

Member No.: 32 142

aw yeah

While that is how it works in Colosseum and XD, we're talking about regular kids with absolutely no access to a Snag Machine of any sorts. We can't just lob a snag ball at the Shadow Pokemon, we have to somehow knock them out and wait for someone with a Snag Machine to come help.

And as for the Dratini, that's a no. Dratini are dragon-types, which are RESTRICTED. While it would make sense for the baddies to have one somewhere, allowing a PC to get one this early in their journey isn't the best idea. If it was purified, it'd be able to learn Twister and Dragon Rage, which would annihilate other Pokemon. Matches against that PC wouldn't be fair or fun anymore. And level 20 is WAY too high a level for the RP we're in - our Pokemon are just in the teens now.

That's why we chose somewhat-common Pokemon that would be rare to the part of Furoh we're currently in. In order to accommodate for their Shadow power, we had to knock their levels down to way lower than our first Pokemon.

This post has been edited by Mechanical Lullaby: Jul 19 2009, 12:27 PM

--------------------
obligatory rp spoiler (click to show)
+Quote Post

Cube
post Jul 19 2009, 12:34 PM
Post #13

Factory Head
Group Icon

PANE Party

Right.

My highest level Pokemon is only level 9. The Shadow Scyther I'm planning on receiving is level 3. (And shall remain level 3 until it's purified. I want to spend some time bonding with it, and I don't know how many RPs that would take. XD)

--------------------
+Quote Post

Selene101
post Jul 19 2009, 09:30 PM
Post #14

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 37 776

Active Squad

Oh. I don't really know about the RPs on this site, and I never heard of restricted types.

Eevee (male)(level 5)
* Shadow Rush
* Shadow Blitz

Is that good for a shadow pokemon?

Wait......common-who?

I have no idea what Furoh is.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Jul 19 2009, 09:43 PM
Post #15

Team Rogue: Houndoom
Group Icon

Member No.: 804

Uprising Mod

Allow me to attempt to introduce you to the PANE RP. I think you'd enjoy it.

--------------------
[align=center]Uprising Mod

||
Jaima Kuonji and Meiko Omura||Branwys Muphenz
[spoiler=Jaima's Gym Badges][/spoiler]
PANE

||
Jay Lange||Olivia Prewitt
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

:houndoom: I claim Houndoom! :houndoom: [/align]
+Quote Post

Ganymede
post Jul 19 2009, 09:43 PM
Post #16

beep boop
Group Icon

Member No.: 32 142

aw yeah

Ninja'd by super ninja Houndoom xD

This post has been edited by Mechanical Lullaby: Jul 19 2009, 09:58 PM

--------------------
obligatory rp spoiler (click to show)
+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post Jul 19 2009, 10:30 PM
Post #17

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Active Squad

Right, then. This topic has served its purpose. Closed~

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:23 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.