Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Month of September
Harman
post Sep 4 2013, 05:39 PM
Post #41

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 203 265

Leagendary squad

Yay now we can get regigigigiigiggias! konata.gif

--------------------
Hi trolol charmander.gif darkrai.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Arq
post Sep 11 2013, 11:06 PM
Post #42

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 160 739

Active Squad

And the SWSH is up!

And boring. I've only got about 30 shinies, and I have all 3 of them...

Can we bring back Eevee or something? I think that with that many variants on it, and it being the most popular shiny EVER, it should be a SWSH every month, so that even if you've got all three, you can get another variants...

Anyway, this sucks. Do i hunt another Magikarp for no point, just to get the bonus, or do i not bother, trust i'll get the bonus in the safari zone, and just do other hunts...
+Quote Post

Commander Wymsy
post Sep 11 2013, 11:16 PM
Post #43

Megalomaniac out for world domination
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 3

Greatest Team Ever

QUOTE(Arq @ Sep 11 2013, 09:06 PM) *
Can we bring back Eevee or something? I think that with that many variants on it, and it being the most popular shiny EVER, it should be a SWSH every month, so that even if you've got all three, you can get another variants...

There are hundreds of other things. It is only fair to give everything a chance before even thinking about doing repeats. Eevee is widely bred so there is a constant supply of them. It is not hard at all to shiny hunt a few more outside of the realm of the SWSH. It's one of the easiest Pokémon classified as Rare to shiny hunt solely because of the massive supply of them. Not doing repeats also helps with giving a chance to some slightly less popular Pokémon that are not bred as much to get some spotlight.

--------------------
Overtaken by Net & Zodi on that track!
+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post Sep 11 2013, 11:16 PM
Post #44

A learning vessel of several lessons to make me more clever.
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 405

My Loves

QUOTE(Arq @ Sep 11 2013, 11:06 PM) *
And the SWSH is up!

And boring. I've only got about 30 shinies, and I have all 3 of them...

Anyway, this sucks. Do i hunt another Magikarp for no point, just to get the bonus, or do i not bother, trust i'll get the bonus in the safari zone, and just do other hunts...

Well, the SWSH is set up to not repeat Pokemon, so Eevee won't come back around. It's true that it is very popular, but that's all the more reason to give other Pokemon the chance to be shiny hunted. If we eventually go through every possible Pokemon, then sure, Eevee might be repeated. But it'll be a while.

if I have all the Pokemon in a SWSH, I just hunt one that I don't have a pre-evolution for (since I evolve all my Pokemon all the way). Otherwise, I wouldn't bother, but SWSHs are special, I guess. Your choice, of course. wink.gif

Edit: Ninja'd by an incredibly fine commander. She also made some very good points.

This post has been edited by Synx Itax: Sep 11 2013, 11:18 PM

--------------------

Check my GPXPlus journal to see what I contributed to the site!

Interested in a commission? PM me.
+Quote Post

Arq
post Sep 11 2013, 11:40 PM
Post #45

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Commander Wymsy @ Sep 12 2013, 02:16 PM) *

There are hundreds of other things. It is only fair to give everything a chance before even thinking about doing repeats. Eevee is widely bred so there is a constant supply of them. It is not hard at all to shiny hunt a few more outside of the realm of the SWSH. It's one of the easiest Pokémon classified as Rare to shiny hunt solely because of the massive supply of them. Not doing repeats also helps with giving a chance to some slightly less popular Pokémon that are not bred as much to get some spotlight.

Cheers Wymsy & Synx... I know... just annoying - i like the SWSH, but when this sort of thing happens, it's just a bit of a let down. I'm sure it happens to people every time, which is why i suggested something where even if you've done it five times, there's reason to do it again... Nothing to do with supply or availability - i know that by now, if i'd wanted, i could've got every eeveelution... and I'm sure some have. just an annoyance when even with comparatively few shinies in my dex, there's no point to doing the SWSH.
+Quote Post

Darth Krytie
post Sep 11 2013, 11:48 PM
Post #46

This one does not have time for your solid waste excretions.
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 22 312

Team Awesomecakes

QUOTE(Arq @ Sep 12 2013, 12:40 AM) *
QUOTE(Commander Wymsy @ Sep 12 2013, 02:16 PM) *

Cheers Wymsy & Synx... I know... just annoying - i like the SWSH, but when this sort of thing happens, it's just a bit of a let down. I'm sure it happens to people every time, which is why i suggested something where even if you've done it five times, there's reason to do it again... Nothing to do with supply or availability - i know that by now, if i'd wanted, i could've got every eeveelution... and I'm sure some have. just an annoyance when even with comparatively few shinies in my dex, there's no point to doing the SWSH.

Heavy risk, but the Prizzeee.

Um. What I mean is, you could hunt the shiny for the prize you get for winning it and the prize points, which are fairly useful. I'm at the point where literally any shiny hunt chosen will be for something I already have. (As I've got shinies for everything that's eligible right now). Actually, I don't remember the last time there was a shiny I didn't have up for the hunt picks. I still go for it because prize points and a free novelty or item or something in the end. Next time we have a hunt, Gen six should be out and I'm betting people will be picking something from that list.

--------------------

Please use the Help Page and appropriate Help Forum instead of PMing me. Only PM if it's something you need me or an Admin for specifically.
+Quote Post

pumpkinking0192
post Sep 12 2013, 12:09 AM
Post #47

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 141

Active Squad

QUOTE(Synx Itax @ Sep 11 2013, 11:16 PM) *
If we eventually go through every possible Pokemon

For what it's worth, we almost certainly won't. We go through 3 Pokemon per SWSH month, which is every other month, so 6 months a year = 18 SWSH Pokemon per year. Thus, even if Game Freak had stopped making new generations after Gen 5, we'd still be set for another 13.83 years (so 2027, roughly).

New generations are introduced about every three to four years (we'll call it four for the math's sake), so about 72 SWSH Pokemon per generation. On average, new generations introduce 58.4 evolutionary families. So if Game Freak continues everything at the current average rates, we won't catch up for another 76 years, with the introduction of a theoretical Generation 25 in the year 2089. That would be 1460 evolutionary families for us to have hunted before running out and having to start giving things second chances. (For what it's worth, at that point we would probably have over 3200 Pokemon, so it's not like anyone except a computer would be able to keep track of what we had and hadn't hunted yet!)

This post has been edited by pumpkinking0192: Sep 12 2013, 12:12 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Arq
post Sep 12 2013, 12:28 AM
Post #48

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Darth Krytie @ Sep 12 2013, 02:48 PM) *
Heavy risk, but the Prizzeee.

Um. What I mean is, you could hunt the shiny for the prize you get for winning it and the prize points, which are fairly useful. I'm at the point where literally any shiny hunt chosen will be for something I already have. (As I've got shinies for everything that's eligible right now). Actually, I don't remember the last time there was a shiny I didn't have up for the hunt picks. I still go for it because prize points and a free novelty or item or something in the end. Next time we have a hunt, Gen six should be out and I'm betting people will be picking something from that list.

Yeah, think i'm just going to do Magikarp, and see if i get it in a few eggs, just on the off chance that the prize is an item instead of a novelty that'll be readily available in safari zone this time next month. I'm not overly worried by doing another, it just seems a waste... i just checked my dex, i have 35 shiny eggs collected (so another 262 non-novelty/vrare eggs to collect). Excluding the fact that the ones i want are more likely to be popular, and therefore appear in a popularity list, the odds of getting all 3 as ones i've hunted as the tops votes are approx 1 in 660 given how many i've done.

I think I'll refrain from commenting on the logic behind one of the reasons for not allowing duplicates being to give the less popular ones a go, when all 3 options are decided by popular vote. :-P

Ah well, it'll always happen to someone - may as well be me. May as well double up on magikarp and go from there.
+Quote Post

Commander Wymsy
post Sep 12 2013, 12:35 AM
Post #49

Megalomaniac out for world domination
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

Greatest Team Ever

QUOTE(Arq @ Sep 11 2013, 10:28 PM) *
I think I'll refrain from commenting on the logic behind one of the reasons for not allowing duplicates being to give the less popular ones a go, when all 3 options are decided by popular vote. :-P

Not the case whenever March rolls around. I dictate the shiny hunts for that month. There's also nothing stopping us from deciding to not have a vote for a certain month and to just do whatever we want instead.

--------------------
Overtaken by Net & Zodi on that track!
+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post Sep 12 2013, 12:37 AM
Post #50

Group Icon

My Loves

QUOTE(Arq @ Sep 12 2013, 12:28 AM) *

Yeah, the logic is that we don't allow repeats. Eventually, less popular Pokemon will simply have to get voted in.

And really, Pumpkinking? Was it that necessary to post a lot of math regarding my comment? There's a reason I said "if." I doubt we'd literally go through every evolutionary line. >_> I was also assuming that they'd eventually stop with new generations, and I could see this site being around for a while.

This post has been edited by Synx Itax: Sep 12 2013, 12:39 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Arq
post Sep 12 2013, 01:03 AM
Post #51

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Lol. But I said "I'm not going to comment on..." Therefore i didn't comment! :-P My apologies if that particular comment wasn't appreciated by either of you... I do appreciate the whole 'free site' and that sort of stuff... i just found the idea of diversifying away from the popular by having every option decided by popularity to be... well... hilarious.

Synx - I think Pumpking disproved your theory quite thoroughly. That said, in 10 years, if I were still on the site, I wouldn't want to be choosing between the most boring ones left... If the site does stay that long, I'd suggest repeats would be useful - anyone on here since the beginning would already have every shiny, and any newbies wouldn't want the dregs of the previous inhabitants' popularity contests.
+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post Sep 12 2013, 01:16 AM
Post #52

Group Icon

My Loves

QUOTE(Arq @ Sep 12 2013, 01:03 AM) *
Lol. But I said "I'm not going to comment on..." Therefore i didn't comment! :-P My apologies if that particular comment wasn't appreciated by either of you... I do appreciate the whole 'free site' and that sort of stuff... i just found the idea of diversifying away from the popular by having every option decided by popularity to be... well... hilarious.

Synx - I think Pumpking disproved your theory quite thoroughly. That said, in 10 years, if I were still on the site, I wouldn't want to be choosing between the most boring ones left... If the site does stay that long, I'd suggest repeats would be useful - anyone on here since the beginning would already have every shiny, and any newbies wouldn't want the dregs of the previous inhabitants' popularity contests.

Nah, he didn't disprove anything, since... there was no theory to disprove. The entire point of my statement was that we won't repeat SWSH Pokemon no matter how unpopular something gets. If some newbie doesn't like it, that's unfortunate. So... until we've used up every possible evolutionary line, no matter how long it takes, there will be no repeats.

Who knows, this might change in the future, but for now, this is how it stands.

This post has been edited by Synx Itax: Sep 12 2013, 01:17 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

pumpkinking0192
post Sep 12 2013, 09:29 AM
Post #53

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 141

Active Squad

QUOTE(Synx Itax @ Sep 12 2013, 12:37 AM) *
And really, Pumpkinking? Was it that necessary to post a lot of math regarding my comment? There's a reason I said "if." I doubt we'd literally go through every evolutionary line. >_> I was also assuming that they'd eventually stop with new generations, and I could see this site being around for a while.

I.... don't know why you're mad. I wasn't trying to argue with you. I just thought it was interesting and wanted to share.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Naixatloz
post Sep 12 2013, 11:20 AM
Post #54

A-set, you bet!
Group Icon

Member No.: 56 857

It looks like everyone is picking Magikarp. I see plenty of Bulbasaur and Bagon eggs in the lab, but the 'karps are few and far between.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post Sep 12 2013, 11:31 AM
Post #55

Group Icon

My Loves

QUOTE(pumpkinking0192 @ Sep 12 2013, 09:29 AM) *
QUOTE(Synx Itax @ Sep 12 2013, 12:37 AM) *

I.... don't know why you're mad. I wasn't trying to argue with you. I just thought it was interesting and wanted to share.

Oh, I wasn't mad. Sorry if it came off that way. It was more like "This is a liiiittle superfluous."

--------------------

+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Sep 12 2013, 11:44 AM
Post #56

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

QUOTE(Moonblast @ Sep 12 2013, 06:20 PM) *
It looks like everyone is picking Magikarp. I see plenty of Bulbasaur and Bagon eggs in the lab, but the 'karps are few and far between.

This might be news to you, but the hunt hasn't started yet.

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post Sep 12 2013, 11:47 AM
Post #57

Group Icon

My Loves

QUOTE(Tyranisaur @ Sep 12 2013, 11:44 AM) *

I could be wrong, but maybe she's commenting on the breeding situation? People want to pick Magikarp, but they might have a harder time later since there aren't nearly as many 'karp eggs as the other two (at this time). happy.gif

This post has been edited by Synx Itax: Sep 12 2013, 11:48 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Naixatloz
post Sep 12 2013, 12:59 PM
Post #58

A-set, you bet!
Group Icon

Member No.: 56 857

QUOTE(Tyranisaur @ Sep 12 2013, 09:44 AM) *

It might be just me, but that sounded a little rude. Nonetheless, I did think it had started today.

Like Synx Itax said, though, my point still stands.

--------------------

+Quote Post

ShrapnelStars
post Sep 12 2013, 01:24 PM
Post #59

Well, I wish I'd wished you well
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 143

Let Us In

I've been wanting to hunt both Bagon and Magikarp just for the heck of it. Good thing I waited. :O

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Sep 12 2013, 01:43 PM
Post #60

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

Not exactly thrilled again with the Pokémon.. I don't have Bagon yet so I guess I'll sign up for that.
I'm really hoping we get through the popular stuff asap, I kinda want to hunt things that don't really get much action..

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:16 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.