Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Month of September
Margo
post Sep 12 2013, 01:53 PM
Post #61

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 166 878

Active Squad

I actually like these Pokémon, though it almost feels like they were mostly voted for because they were in 4th, 5th and 7th place last time (so in hindsight, that was pretty predictable, if you ask me). I don't have a shiny Bulbasaur or Magikarp yet, and as I've got more time now than I had in July, I do hope I'll be able to get at least one shiny of each happy.gif

This post has been edited by Margo: Sep 12 2013, 01:54 PM

--------------------
||
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Jen
post Sep 12 2013, 01:58 PM
Post #62

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

I don't have the magikarp or bagon lines, and I don't have bulba or ivy of the saur line. Ahh lots for me to do if I get motivated. #TeamMalachite

Starting with magikarp just because of that low maturity!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Manah
post Sep 12 2013, 02:18 PM
Post #63

Made of random and Joltik love / Totally not a fangirl
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 080

Diamond Party

The only one I need is Bagon (3 of them), but I really don't like hunting a 10k maturity pokemon as my first. Now I don't know if I should go for Bulbasaur first (but I already have 6 shinies for exchange events or whatever) or start with Bagon and be even more worried about not getting a shiny. blink.gif

This post has been edited by Manah: Sep 12 2013, 02:18 PM

--------------------
Pokémon Moon FC: 0877-0881-6378 (Trainer name: June)

~
Buttons made by Arceus Awakened
+Quote Post

Lodrelhai
post Sep 12 2013, 04:03 PM
Post #64

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 190

Active Squad

QUOTE(Synx Itax @ Sep 12 2013, 09:47 AM) *
QUOTE(Tyranisaur @ Sep 12 2013, 11:44 AM) *
QUOTE(Moonblast @ Sep 12 2013, 06:20 PM) *
It looks like everyone is picking Magikarp. I see plenty of Bulbasaur and Bagon eggs in the lab, but the 'karps are few and far between.

This might be news to you, but the hunt hasn't started yet.

I could be wrong, but maybe she's commenting on the breeding situation? People want to pick Magikarp, but they might have a harder time later since there aren't nearly as many 'karp eggs as the other two (at this time). happy.gif

Normally I'd agree with you, but so far almost all the magikarp eggs I've bred has been adopted and hatched. I don't know if it's her specifically, but some people are certainly starting the hunt already. And given how fast magikarp eggs can be hatched, they're probably disappearing faster than the other eggs, making for less in the shelter.

Starting off the hunt with increased shelter grabs isn't going to help much either. I was so disappointed when I went to spend points on hatch+ and saw shelter+ was already full. I love the scavenger hunts, but every single time there's ample evidence some people just do not pay attention to how they work.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post Sep 12 2013, 04:45 PM
Post #65

A learning vessel of several lessons to make me more clever.
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 405

My Loves

QUOTE(Lodrelhai @ Sep 12 2013, 04:03 PM) *
QUOTE(Synx Itax @ Sep 12 2013, 09:47 AM) *
QUOTE(Tyranisaur @ Sep 12 2013, 11:44 AM) *
QUOTE(Moonblast @ Sep 12 2013, 06:20 PM) *
It looks like everyone is picking Magikarp. I see plenty of Bulbasaur and Bagon eggs in the lab, but the 'karps are few and far between.

This might be news to you, but the hunt hasn't started yet.

I could be wrong, but maybe she's commenting on the breeding situation? People want to pick Magikarp, but they might have a harder time later since there aren't nearly as many 'karp eggs as the other two (at this time). happy.gif

Normally I'd agree with you, but so far almost all the magikarp eggs I've bred has been adopted and hatched. I don't know if it's her specifically, but some people are certainly starting the hunt already. And given how fast magikarp eggs can be hatched, they're probably disappearing faster than the other eggs, making for less in the shelter.

Oh, I definitely know people are starting the hunt early (since they don't bother to read, I suppose). I was just presenting an alternate explanation/view. I know Magikarp is a popular Pokemon to shiny hunt in general, so it wouldn't surprise me if its egg numbers were low.

--------------------

Check my GPXPlus journal to see what I contributed to the site!

Interested in a commission? PM me.
+Quote Post

timeerkat
post Sep 13 2013, 05:44 PM
Post #66

Your Friend Who Likes To Play
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 515

bulbasaur army

i didn't even realize the shiny hunt had started until i checked my daycare and saw 28 bulbasaur eggs in there. cat.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Lodrelhai
post Sep 16 2013, 12:51 AM
Post #67

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

First weekend of the hunt is over, and I already have more than 450 eggs hatched. Usually I'm hitting that juuuuuust under the wire (if I didn't get a shiny before then).

At least if I don't get a shiny this month, I know I'll get max points. Heck, at this rate I'll get both the "hatch 1500 of any egg" and the "finish a shiny hunt lasting over 1000 eggs" achievements.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mamanator
post Sep 17 2013, 03:53 PM
Post #68

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 870

Active Squad

While my totals aren't near yours, Lodrelhai, I feel your pain. I chose to begin with Bulba and it seems to be a long haul to find its eggs on a "non-special" day so I'm trolling the Shelter and have to sit for a while before one appears. While I am breeding Bulba atm, I don't have enough honey to spend them on the 2 eggs of my own. So the hatching, for me, has been slower but the results the same. I'm praying Areodactyl didn't muff up my ratio to the point where I can't find a shiny any longer. Oh what a bummer that would be! crying.gif

bulbasaur.gif bulbasaur.gif bulbasaur.gif

--------------------
Their futures are so bright they shine

+Quote Post

Raiden
post Sep 20 2013, 03:48 PM
Post #69

brb, glomping ^ him
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6 716

HeartGold team

Is it supposed to be possible to hunt for all three? I first chose Magikarp and got that on the first day of trying - then went for Bulbasaur and it happened again. Now going for Bagon. o_O

--------------------
PARTY IS HERE (too lazy to always update the egg images, so meh)

+Quote Post

Mamanator
post Sep 20 2013, 04:12 PM
Post #70

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 870

Active Squad

QUOTE(Raiden @ Sep 20 2013, 01:48 PM) *
Is it supposed to be possible to hunt for all three? I first chose Magikarp and got that on the first day of trying - then went for Bulbasaur and it happened again. Now going for Bagon. o_O

Yup, Raiden. That's how it works. happy.gif You can only hunt one at a time but can go back and attempt to find the ones you didn't try for originally. But to "win" the end prize you don't have to find all three which I think is super great - just in case.

This post has been edited by Mamanator: Sep 20 2013, 04:12 PM

--------------------
Their futures are so bright they shine

+Quote Post

Lodrelhai
post Sep 24 2013, 10:50 PM
Post #71

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Raiden @ Sep 20 2013, 01:48 PM) *

Grats on the quick hunts!

Finally got my first shiny magikarp, then the second and my bagon hunt went much faster. Looking for bulbasaur now.

I wanna know who over in the Malachite camp found the shiny detector. You guys are completely smoking everyone!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Phantom R
post Sep 30 2013, 11:05 PM
Post #72

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 164 065

Faves

Well, looks like September's officially over now, but congrats to everyone who succeeded on the shiny month! Despite having a great birthday I wasn't lucky enough to snag a shiny for the hunt, oh well!

I'm really surprised so many were lucky in getting the shinies early though, wow!

(I will laugh if I hatch a Bulbasaur NOW after the shiny hunt's officially over. At least I'll have the perfect nickname in mind.)

--------------------
- Currently shiny hunting Minun and Plusle: hopefully so I can make a Mario and Luigi reference hehe! Green Minun = Luigi and shiny Plusle = Mario? - Shiny Minun was obtained! Now I only have to get a shiny Plusle!

I'll click back full-party most the time but there might be days I might not get on because other stuff to do. I'm usually pretty busy, mates.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:55 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.