Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Monica Chavez Trial
Spokesman
post Jun 18 2012, 10:45 AM
Post #1

I see you fantasy, you wanna make it a reality paved in gold
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 112 684

Living Things

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2012/...imer_family.php

This has been over the news in my area, and I've been following it since a week ago. And I have to say, the verdict disgusts me. She knew she had seizures before. She probably shouldn't have been driving since she had rarely visited a doctor even though she was advised to. She's fully responsible and deserved to go to jail. But I don't see how she was found to be not guilty. This is the Casey Antony trial all over again. If we keep letting people like these go without any kind a measly warning, cases like these will be more frequent and more heart-wrenching.

Discuss.

--------------------
Came back on a whim because I saw something that reminded me of here. If you remember me, hit me up on Discord CHR|Flygon#8505 and if you a real one, tell me where I frequented most on here so we can catch up like the old days.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

The Unholy Diver
post Jul 27 2012, 04:54 PM
Post #2

The asteriotypical one
Group Icon

Group: Members
From: The wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell
Member No.: 161 989

Z's Team (so far)

This is neglegence on the driver's part. It is a tort regardless of weather she intended to have that siezure or not. It is neglegent homocide if your impaired in any way behind the wheel. it's just like drinking and driving. just because you can't afford a doctor for your alcaholism, you still are charged if you kill anyone, regardless if you planned to drink, regardles if you cold control your drinking, it's still illeagal. especially if a medical proffesional tells you NOT to drive.

^that should be more than enough for a conviction. i can't beleive that person got away without even a suspended liscence at least.

--------------------
Thanks to the mobile site, I'm back on gpx!

I CAN CLICK BACK NOW

credit (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:10 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.