Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
13 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
October Community Thread, Be sure to read the rules before posting!
UncleJess
post Oct 25 2017, 12:10 AM
Post #221

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 231 303

My Faves

QUOTE(Luneon @ Oct 24 2017, 06:54 PM) *
I haven't figured out yet which are the "best" to do for that one.

I'd recommend A Journey Through Space & Time in the Items category -- only took me about an hour and a half! The Novelty explorations can also be very fast, especially if there are a decent amount of people active when you get to the berry interaction tasks. Good luck with the achievement!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Alchemists Fire
post Oct 25 2017, 12:35 AM
Post #222

Companion Cube
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 246 334

Favourites

Is anyone else having a difficult time finding eggs for today's Scavenger Hunt task in the shelter?

One of them is an egg for one of my shiny hunts, but suddenly they're nowhere to be found...
And I don't wanna gamble on Crabominable and not have the weather turn to snow...

Guess it's lab-hunt time xD

--------------------
My Party:

Shiny Hunts (click to show)
+Quote Post

miu
post Oct 25 2017, 01:09 AM
Post #223

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 182 742

Active Squad

Yep, the only one I've seen so far was Crabrawler. I did grab one, but I'd rather have another species with a simpler way of evolving, so I'm going to search some more.

EDIT: Found a Cubone egg just now ^^

This post has been edited by miu: Oct 25 2017, 02:24 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Mamanator
post Oct 25 2017, 12:46 PM
Post #224

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 870

Active Squad

Hey All! *waves sheepishly*

I was worried for a bit about today's egg hunt also, but then I got blessedly lucky with finding the Alolan Grimer. Once it hatched it was quick work to level it up in the Walker since I'm knee deep in the Arceus explore. Definitely going to be one of the longest involved explorations I've done to date. lol.gif I'm still back at task 7, but I'm also taking my time and not rushing through it.

I don't mind the heavy click tasks at all; it'll be the upcoming leveling up task that kills some every time. blush.gif But at least we have that spare slot to keep open and I won't have to have specific berries for all of the Pokemon. I will just have to be extra active during that period to have a few more peeps visit my party.

I've been distracted with some wonderful (#sarcasm) real life events and these past couple of days I've been at the office which, actually, is a far better cry than having to be in the actual Board meeting going on. *phew* I think I dodged a bullet on that one! ROFL, but I guess I should hold my judgment until after I create the minutes from the tapes. Can you say joy? *smirk*

Other than that not much new going on for me over here. Monster Hunter Stories is still dominating my down time and, in between, I'm getting to Game Stop for the special Pokemon codes. I think a shiny Pokemon code becomes available today. Here's hoping anyway!

GPX related news... my Prankster turned into the Strange Portal and, this morning, the portal turned into an Old Man. Huh. Ah well. Here's hoping the Old Man loses interest fast and becomes a Wormhole of sorts. If not then I guess it all starts over and I hope against hope for a "pure" Cosmog and coddle my Shaoo Jr. in the interim (at least until I have to put her away in favor of the exploration necessities).

I hope everyone out here is doing well. I'm going to get back to quick clicking for now. Till next time..... grin.gif

--------------------
Their futures are so bright they shine

+Quote Post

Sportsfan666
post Oct 25 2017, 01:07 PM
Post #225

It's been awhile since I changed this.
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 506

Active Squad

I found a cubone a little after reset. I've found that to be the easiest way to deal with Scavenger tasks.

Also I've decided to try finishing every exploration at least once. I'm on Bridging the Gap now. I have a sort of side quest to complete all of the gym achievements too but I already have two+ boxes of shinies to level. I just hatched another one (I started that hunt because I was having trouble finding 3/5 of my other hunt Pokemon, funny enough) so it just keeps building up.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Mamanator
post Oct 25 2017, 01:55 PM
Post #226

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 870

Active Squad

QUOTE(Sportsfan666 @ Oct 25 2017, 11:07 AM) *
I found a cubone a little after reset. I've found that to be the easiest way to deal with Scavenger tasks.

Also I've decided to try finishing every exploration at least once. I'm on Bridging the Gap now. I have a sort of side quest to complete all of the gym achievements too but I already have two+ boxes of shinies to level. I just hatched another one (I started that hunt because I was having trouble finding 3/5 of my other hunt Pokemon, funny enough) so it just keeps building up.

I'm with you on the side quests for the gym achievements, Sportsfan. It's a daunting task for me at the moment so I won't be returning to it until after my current exploration. But the achievements are a bit fun. I'm still on the basic set though and can only imagine the extremes for the higher sets. But I've been working on finishing all the explorations at least once as well as finishing the achievements.

Good luck on your endeavor!

--------------------
Their futures are so bright they shine

+Quote Post

Sportsfan666
post Oct 26 2017, 01:06 PM
Post #227

Group Icon

Active Squad

Thanks. I have Through the Looking Glass (on that one now), A Study in Pink, and everlasting flame. Plus there were apparently +3 legendary explorations that got added while I was on hiatus. I still have another two explorations I need to complete but I'm not sure what they are. I organize the badge achievement Pokemon and work on leveling them whenever I start everlasting flame.

edit - got sidetracked and decided to organize my PC. Its gonna be hell but I think it'll be worth it in the end.

This post has been edited by Sportsfan666: Oct 26 2017, 03:43 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Shaoo
post Oct 27 2017, 09:48 AM
Post #228

Potterwholock
Group Icon

Member No.: 66 728

the foxies <3

It's always difficult for me to find the good pokemon during an exploration. And I don't talk about the berries interactions! I guess that's why I never succeed by doing the achievement of the three explorations in one day. I'm too slow and I never find what a need quickly xD

--------------------

Azurite Knights! Click on the banner to know more! *\o/*

QUOTE(Makeltos @ Sep 9 2015, 10:07 PM) *
Ok now I have a cheerleading Vulpix jumping in my mind.

pp @Cycloneblaze
+Quote Post

Alex Mercer
post Oct 27 2017, 01:12 PM
Post #229

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 28 584

Diamond Team

QUOTE(Sportsfan666 @ Oct 24 2017, 07:32 PM) *
Specific berry feeding tasks are the worst. I guess explorations would be too easy without them though.

Oh man, I agree so much. It's not so bad when the amount needed is less than a hundred, but when you get ones like TBD or DoTW, they hold you up for days, regardless of how active you are.

Speaking of, I'm only on task 5 of DoTW and the month's almost over. I'm almost afraid to see what next month's explos will be, because I might miss them entirely.

Halloween's coming up. Only just put up decorations yesterday. Still need to get candy. I don't know how many trick-or-treaters to expect, but I like to err on the side of leftovers.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Comfey
post Oct 27 2017, 03:25 PM
Post #230

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 163 884

Active Squad

So I hatched a zygarde cell and tried using it for the scavenger hunt, but it didn't work and for some reason doesn't count. That kinda sucks.

--------------------
I make music! Check out my Soundcloud here
+Quote Post

Alex Mercer
post Oct 27 2017, 04:03 PM
Post #231

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 28 584

Diamond Team

QUOTE(Comfey @ Oct 27 2017, 04:25 PM) *
So I hatched a zygarde cell and tried using it for the scavenger hunt, but it didn't work and for some reason doesn't count. That kinda sucks.

Really? Crap, that was the one I'd been about to use. Dang... it's 5 pm and it's been a really slow day for people clicking me back. I'm worried I won't be able to pull this off in time.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Sportsfan666
post Oct 27 2017, 05:58 PM
Post #232

Group Icon

Active Squad

@Shaoo: Same actually. I'm on TLG now and it took forever just to find the Pokemon I needed, and even then they were in their base formes. Just snagged one of the four already ready from the Safari though~

@Alex: Yeah, I specifically got the 75 win streak awhile ago in the subway so I could get the EXP Share to help me grind TBD. I want to try that exploration whenever we get another plus day.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Darky
post Oct 28 2017, 01:50 PM
Post #233

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 680

Active Squad

QUOTE(Sportsfan666 @ Oct 25 2017, 02:32 AM) *
Specific berry feeding tasks are the worst. I guess explorations would be too easy without them though.

Indeed. Gog makes them even more painful horrified.gif
+Quote Post

Nurarihyon
post Oct 29 2017, 10:29 AM
Post #234

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 602

Active Squad

I am so close to getting all the October trinkets, but there's 4 left which people don't like my offers for apparently, sigh.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Mikaku Onchi
post Oct 29 2017, 12:25 PM
Post #235

BEIEI has taken my soul
Group Icon

Member No.: 145 828

HEROES

QUOTE(Nurarihyon @ Oct 29 2017, 04:29 PM) *
I am so close to getting all the October trinkets, but there's 4 left which people don't like my offers for apparently, sigh.

I don't know if I can help? Which ones are you missing?

...so, as you mentioned this topic now, I guess I'll take the opportunity to ask people here. Do you perhaps have a double Creepy Crustle Art trinket you can trade with me? That's the only October one I need. Pretty please?

--------------------

•TRINKET TRADING PLACE•||FC: 4055-4266-5767
POKEMON SHINY HUNTER//XY; ORAS; SUMO; USUM

Spoiler (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

Asbel Lhant
post Oct 29 2017, 12:37 PM
Post #236

King of Zinogre
Group Icon

Member No.: 139 518

Active Squad

QUOTE(RicFule @ Oct 23 2017, 10:04 AM) *
You don't want the army of Arceus?

At the moment I'm content with the one I have, the army will have to wait lol.gif.

~

I went to bed last night with my throat feeling a bit funky. I woke up this morning and the roof of my mouth and the back of my throat are so sore. I've been feeling a bit off the past week or so, at least I know why now. I normally get some sort of cold/flu around this time of year. It looked like it was holding off, but my luck didn't hold out.

The scavenger hunt task today was a relief over leveling a Pokemon to XX level. I don't mind clicking to level up but with no multipliers it makes egg hatching last a while. I have completed all of the tasks so far, I definitely need the prize points.

--------------------
Zoom
+Quote Post

Nurarihyon
post Oct 29 2017, 02:44 PM
Post #237

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 602

Active Squad

QUOTE(Mikaku Onchi @ Oct 29 2017, 01:25 PM) *

...so, as you mentioned this topic now, I guess I'll take the opportunity to ask people here. Do you perhaps have a double Creepy Crustle Art trinket you can trade with me? That's the only October one I need. Pretty please?

I'm missing:
Radioactive Taiyaki
Spooky Ball
Evil Eevee Plush
and...
Creepy Crustle Art (sorry I can't there)

I have a bunch of doubles of other October trinkets I can trade

--------------------
+Quote Post

Gryphaena
post Oct 29 2017, 03:35 PM
Post #238

She Who Can Be Voracious
Group Icon

Member No.: 79 103

My Purple Ones

Thank yous to people breeding eggs I don't have!

The Zygarde [Cell] and Magikarp variant sprites are beautiful! :]

--------------------
Avatar by Cycloneblaze at Cycloneshop II

GPX+GPX+

Poliwager Poliwager
+Quote Post

Mikaku Onchi
post Oct 29 2017, 04:45 PM
Post #239

BEIEI has taken my soul
Group Icon

Member No.: 145 828

HEROES

QUOTE(Nurarihyon @ Oct 29 2017, 08:44 PM) *
QUOTE(Mikaku Onchi @ Oct 29 2017, 01:25 PM) *

I'm missing:
Radioactive Taiyaki
Spooky Ball
Evil Eevee Plush
and...
Creepy Crustle Art (sorry I can't there)

I have a bunch of doubles of other October trinkets I can trade

Sorry, can't help either :I I don't have doubles of any of those (and 0 of the last smh). But I'll keep you in mind. If I get one double or two I'll give them to you. No need to trade. ;D

--------------------

•TRINKET TRADING PLACE•||FC: 4055-4266-5767
POKEMON SHINY HUNTER//XY; ORAS; SUMO; USUM

Spoiler (click to showhide)
+Quote Post

Larryturbo
post Oct 29 2017, 05:20 PM
Post #240

It doesn't work? Yeah, that was on purpose.
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 805

The one the only

On the topic of trinkets. I took the opportunity October gave me to actually try and expand my trinket collection I had neglected since set Eight. I was making offers all week and managed to get my 56% up to 79% relatively easily, but now 80% looks like it's miles away.
Any tips from you veteran collectors, on how I should go about getting the rarer stuff? I always aimed at offering a trinket at least 10% of the users didn't have, but it doesn't seem to matter much in the special set trinkets. Also if anyone knows what is the optimal amount of interactions per day to maximize Pokechests I'd love to hear it, diminishing returns is very apparent after 6k.

Also if anyone has a spare "Purple Sludge" I'd trade for it, it's the only R1 trinket not part of a special set I'm still missing.

--------------------

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
8 User(s) are reading this topic (8 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:05 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.