Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Shelmet & Karrablast
Cloudy past
post Feb 27 2011, 09:13 AM
Post #1

Attracted 2 Aron
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 31 019

Aron Army

If you've gotten, or going for, the Unova Master Achivement,you know you need one of each to evolve. But only one gets evolved, unlike the games where both evolve at once. Could it be possible to make it like the games?

This post has been edited by Cloudy past: Mar 13 2011, 09:16 AM

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Lwaxana Troi
post Feb 27 2011, 09:25 AM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 304

Prehistoric Gym

QUOTE(Cloudy past @ Feb 27 2011, 09:13 AM) *
If you've gotten, or going for, the Unova Master Achivement,you know you need one of each to evolve. But only one gets evolved, unlike the games where both evolve at once. Could it be possible to make it like the games?

I would definitely like that. Either make them both evolve at once, or make the evolved form of the other one count to the evolution prerequisites.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Captain Combuske...
post Feb 27 2011, 12:29 PM
Post #3

A.k.a CC or Captain.
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 944

Zack Aiza's Team

I agree with this, for sure. I was really annoyed that I had to go the DW to get ANOTHER Pokemon just to evolve the other, I just assumed they'd evolve at the same time...
So yes, Please do change this. I like Pandorica's suggestion.

--------------------

Gpx+:
Vdex:
|| ||
+Quote Post

Swampert rox
post Feb 27 2011, 12:44 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 62 355

Current HeatGold team

Make them both evolve at once. If the evolved forms counted to evolve them you could evolve a ton of one without getting a ton of the other.

--------------------

Click to go to my party.

90% of teens would die if MySpace had a system failure and crashed.
If you are part of the 10% that would die laughing, copy and paste this into your signature.

QUOTE(5 Gum @ Nov 9 2010, 05:59 PM) *
If you play Justin Bieber songs backwards, you can hear messages from Satan. Even worse, if you play them forwards you hear Justin Bieber.

Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

Handsome Jack
post Mar 12 2011, 06:18 PM
Post #5

i SEEK SHINY BELDUM/METANG/METAGROSS
Group Icon

Member No.: 75 173

My team... so far

couldn't it be so easy to just get another one of the 2 pokemon? sorry, i disagree with this.

--------------------
my adorable little party

click it, unless you're scared.
+Quote Post

Lwaxana Troi
post Mar 13 2011, 05:47 AM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Prehistoric Gym

QUOTE(PKMNLegendJF99 @ Mar 12 2011, 06:18 PM) *
couldn't it be so easy to just get another one of the 2 pokemon? sorry, i disagree with this.

It's not the point. The point is: in the games you need just one of them, why do you need two of one in here?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Letan
post Mar 14 2011, 10:57 AM
Post #7

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 1 219

Lugia Hype

It's the way the site's coding works. It detects if you have the other in your party, and if so, then they become eligible to evolve. The site runs another check right after evolving, and sees that you now don't have the Pokemon required for evolution, and the Ready To Evolve flag goes back to its off state.

The only way I see this happening is if it checks for having the other's evolved form, and then it's nothing at all like the games.

--------------------
[align=center]

=- Game Dev, currently making a game called Cursed Seasons. I tweet about it sometimes. -=
http://cursedseasons.tumblr.com/
Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

Swampert rox
post Mar 15 2011, 05:08 PM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 62 355

Current HeatGold team

QUOTE(Letan @ Mar 14 2011, 10:57 AM) *
It's the way the site's coding works. It detects if you have the other in your party, and if so, then they become eligible to evolve. The site runs another check right after evolving, and sees that you now don't have the Pokemon required for evolution, and the Ready To Evolve flag goes back to its off state.

The only way I see this happening is if it checks for having the other's evolved form, and then it's nothing at all like the games.

Couldn't the site have some code built in that would, after the user says to evolve a pokemon, if the pokemon is one of these two, evolve any others at the same time?

--------------------

Click to go to my party.

90% of teens would die if MySpace had a system failure and crashed.
If you are part of the 10% that would die laughing, copy and paste this into your signature.

QUOTE(5 Gum @ Nov 9 2010, 05:59 PM) *
If you play Justin Bieber songs backwards, you can hear messages from Satan. Even worse, if you play them forwards you hear Justin Bieber.

Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

nook
post Mar 15 2011, 09:35 PM
Post #9

I'm the crap in your pants.
Group Icon

Member No.: 54 441

Active Squad

Not only does this happen in the games, it's logic.

When the Karrablast evolves, it steals the Shellmet's shell.

"Lol, imma steal that guy's DS and hope he still has it"

Somehow that's gotta be implemented, but still pretty hard to.

--------------------
"When life pisses you off, you piss on life and see how it likes it." ~ Anonymous

{~Formspring~|~DeviantArt~|~The best link ever~}

Stuff (click to show)
+Quote Post

Lwaxana Troi
post Mar 16 2011, 08:52 AM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Prehistoric Gym

QUOTE(Letan @ Mar 14 2011, 10:57 AM) *

I figured that out, though it'd be nice if admins figured out a way to make a special exception for those two.

--------------------

+Quote Post

switzerIand
post Mar 16 2011, 02:09 PM
Post #11

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 87 601

Hunter's Party

Hatch a second egg, they are only 3840 maturity, it doesn't take that long. Or you can always adopt one.

--------------------
+Quote Post

YunikoYokai
post Mar 17 2011, 02:54 AM
Post #12

Cute, Cuddly and filled with Cookies
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 212

My Favourites

I would like it if this happened: when I first got the pair, they were still in super high demand. I had to breed another one in order to evolve my other pokemon, Like a few others, I assumed they both evolved at the same time.

--------------------

Bug Bonanza (click to show)

Fire Frenzy (click to show)

Other Shinies (click to show)

+Quote Post

Cloudy past
post Mar 17 2011, 04:14 PM
Post #13

Attracted 2 Aron
Group Icon

Member No.: 31 019

Aron Army

QUOTE(Pinsir @ Mar 16 2011, 02:09 PM) *
Hatch a second egg, they are only 3840 maturity, it doesn't take that long. Or you can always adopt one.

Its not the fact we have to get another, its that it isn't how it normally works like it does in the game.
Though many things work differently, evolution has very few exceptions (Weather and time I believe are the only two)

--------------------

+Quote Post

Special K
post Mar 18 2011, 08:53 AM
Post #14

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 846

Active Squad

QUOTE(Cloudy past @ Mar 17 2011, 05:14 PM) *
QUOTE(Pinsir @ Mar 16 2011, 02:09 PM) *

Its not the fact we have to get another, its that it isn't how it normally works like it does in the game.
Though many things work differently, evolution has very few exceptions (Weather and time I believe are the only two)

But there ARE exceptions to evolution, as you pointed out, and a mod already explained why the coding makes it the way it is, and it's very easy to obtain a second, so if they have more important things to work on than re-coding these guys, then I don't see the big deal with chalking this up to being another evolution exception to the game, personally xP
+Quote Post

Targaryen
post Mar 18 2011, 12:08 PM
Post #15

Mother of Dragons
Group Icon

Member No.: 41 261

Favorites

Agreeing with Kris and everyone else who said get another one. Breeding one or snagging one from the shelter is pretty easy. I don't see why this has to be implemented ^^

--------------------

+Quote Post

Lwaxana Troi
post Mar 18 2011, 02:39 PM
Post #16

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Prehistoric Gym

Please read the thread before posting.
It's not the point if it's easy.
The point is that it's not like in the games, and the only reason it isn't so is because of technical limitations - which we hope admins can overcome.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Special K
post Mar 18 2011, 04:36 PM
Post #17

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 846

Active Squad

QUOTE(Pandorica @ Mar 18 2011, 03:39 PM) *
Please read the thread before posting.
It's not the point if it's easy.
The point is that it's not like in the games, and the only reason it isn't so is because of technical limitations - which we hope admins can overcome.

I fully understood that, just to clarify x) I know the point isn't how easy it is. But, seeing as how there are other evolutions that aren't like the games, and seeing as how gpx cannot be exactly similar to the games in every way, my opinion is still that I'd be perfectly okay with the admins spending their time on something more useful. I know that the easiness isn't the point, but since it IS easy, I can accept that not everything can be just like the games happy.gif Just my personal opinion!
+Quote Post

Lwaxana Troi
post Mar 18 2011, 06:39 PM
Post #18

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Prehistoric Gym

It was more to Underoath, whose only argument was that "it's not hard".

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mars Adept Enten
post Mar 18 2011, 08:17 PM
Post #19

Certified Psychotic Isaac Fangirl and Legendary Dogs Enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 18 522

GS Crew

THIS, THIS, THIS. I too thought that it would be like the games: have both in your party, and both'll evolve at the same time. It can't be that hard to recode for these two 'mons.

--------------------
I'm also known as Queen_Lugia on SPPf, and Queen-Articuno on dA, as well as a former aspiring trinketer on GPX+, a proud TheRunawayGuys fangirl, a proud participant of Extra Life, and proud supporter of TwitchPlaysPokemon.

I claimed Isaac from Golden Sun. Hands off mah bishie! tongue.gif And Capt. Linebeck, too!

Follow Isaac-kun to get to my party. I appreciate and try to return clickbacks! happy.gif

Thanks, xJesstheMess!

My shop! I appreciate requests! cat.gif

Entei stuff! (click to show)

Other stuff... (click to show)

Credit to: (click to show)
+Quote Post

Jansen
post Mar 18 2011, 08:23 PM
Post #20

Deceiver of Fools
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 214

My Favorites

See, when that happened to me, I was annoyed as well. But not because I need to get another, but because I thought the drop down bar for the party had an "Evolve all" selection, like it does for the eggs. It didn't, I checked when I got another Karrablast.

Now, I told you that story to tell you this one: Instead of recoding the whole site for the two of them, what not just make a drop down option that says "Evolve all"? It's just like the hatch all option, except evolution. I would most certainly not call this a priority, but it would solve the perceived problem.

EDIT: Wait, I just checked again, and I think there is a way already to do that. It's the "change pokemon" choice in the party options drop down. I think it's something you can use for that...

EDIT 2: I got another shelmet, and tried it out, and that does seem to be what the option is for, but it won't do it. Or can't. One of the two. And one would think a little recoding there would be simple enough; though I have no idea since I can't code anything in the first place... >_>

This post has been edited by Jansen: Mar 18 2011, 08:54 PM

--------------------

Clicky Clicky.
I return clicks to whole parties, regardless of how many of mine you click. It would be nice if I could get full party clicks too. Should I forget to update my pokemon, you can find my current list here. Thanks! ^_^.gif

PANE Character (click to show)
Uprising Character (click to show)
Stuff I got bored and did (click to show)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:06 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.