Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

SEARCH BEFORE POSTING

Before posting ANYTHING here, LOOK AROUND FIRST! Odds are what you wish to ask or suggest or report has already been posted by another member. We do not like having to reply to the same thing over and over. The pinned threads are a great place to start!

19 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Spelling/dex errors, Notice a spelling or other error in a Dex entry?
rgsue
post Jun 7 2009, 09:40 PM
Post #41

Horror Fanatic
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 26 932

My loves

QUOTE(VileSe @ Jun 4 2009, 08:33 AM) *
This isn't a spelling mistake per se, but on Combee's dex info, it says Evolution: Vespiquen - at level 21

However, if my memory serves me right, I believe only a female combee can evolve into vespiquen, males can't, so could we possibly put Evolution: Vespiquen - at level 21 (female only) or something.. cause users who don't know it well can get confused

If I'm wrong (I only really know generation I pokemon), then you can ignore this

EDIT: nevermind.. my male combee just evolved into a vespiquen o.O

apparently the game rules don't apply here, notice on the female they have a lil red dot on the bottom combee thing? that says im female im going to evolve, while the male lacks the feature, and should not evolve in the game, but apparently this site contradicts it, which kind of irks me in a way( it just doesnt look right O.o)* i looked it up, and thats why i PCed my male combee* so yeah It evolves from Female Combee starting at level 21 not a male >M> ( except for here.....)

--------------------

some legendaries and novelties (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

post Jun 10 2009, 06:07 AM
Post #42

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 15 205

so i herd...

I don't know if this has been said or not, but...

On Combee's egg:

"An gold egg with two black stripes running across it. It makes a buzzing noise sometimes."

"An" should be "A."
+Quote Post

Robynne
post Jun 10 2009, 07:15 AM
Post #43

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 003

Active Squad

A bit of an add-on to Rua's entry. Both pink burmy and Eastern shellos seem to appear at the end of the pokedex, or at least after Darkrai. I don't have enough of my pokedex to confirm, but other burmy and shellos evolutions and forms might also be affected and appear at the end, except for Western shellos who seems to be in place. Hope this can help you guys. ^^

--------------------
+Quote Post

iSuperior
post Jun 13 2009, 03:11 PM
Post #44

Please don't pop me XD
Group Icon

Member No.: 29 722

My first 6

Not sure if this has been said before.

Combee's Egg Dex Entry:
An gold egg with two black stripes running across it. It makes a buzzing noise sometimes.

Should be "A" not "An."

--------------------
My current party:
My Party
Click mine I click yours!

My favourite Pokemon!!! (click to show)

+Quote Post

NicolasCage
post Jun 15 2009, 11:41 PM
Post #45

sex
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 12 526

Best

QUOTE(iSuperior @ Jun 13 2009, 01:11 PM) *
Not sure if this has been said before.

Combee's Egg Dex Entry:
An gold egg with two black stripes running across it. It makes a buzzing noise sometimes.

Should be "A" not "An."

It has been, 2 posts above you in fact. xP

--------------------

+Quote Post

Tuketi
post Jun 17 2009, 09:02 AM
Post #46

Stantler Aficionado
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 564

yussssss!

Well, someone already said this one, but that was back on the first page, and I see it still hasn't been fixed... dunno how often this post is looked at, but anyway.

Drowsee's egg entry is a little off...

"A yellow egg with brown pattern on the bottom. Its presence is a bit hypnotic."

should become...

"A yellow egg with a brown pattern on the bottom. Its presence is a bit hypnotic."
+Quote Post

leenie
post Jun 18 2009, 09:27 PM
Post #47

leenie ate it.
Group Icon

Member No.: 25 104

SNOOOOORE

i have several problems bronzor's dex entry:
"X-ray photos were taken to check Bronzor's body structure. Nothing appeared, however. Implements shaped like it were discovered in ancient tombs. It is unknown if they are related."

"nothing appeared, however" is an incomplete sentence, "however" feels off, and it is worded so as to sound like something was going to "appear" instead of being there in the first place. (possibly, "... body structure, however, nothing showed.")

"implements shaped like it were discovered in ancient tombs." well, uh, this one just hurts.
first off, the "it were" should be "they were" because of the plural on "implements", but the whole thing is another incomplete sentence. what about the implements shaped like they were discovered in ancient tombs?

and how does the whole "related" bit fit in? are the body structure and ancient tombs related? they are too distant in the entry for readers to make that connection. possibly something "... unknown if they are related to the body structure."

i hope this helped.
i feel like an english nerd now. ._.;

--------------------

JESUS CHRIST IT'S A LEENIE GET IN THE CAR.
snorleenie ate my eggs. get them back!

superstars (click to show)
clubs and stuff (click to show)
+Quote Post

Phibby
post Jun 18 2009, 09:35 PM
Post #48

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 27 584

Active Squad

QUOTE(leenie @ Jun 18 2009, 09:27 PM) *
"implements shaped like it were discovered in ancient tombs." well, uh, this one just hurts.
first off, the "it were" should be "they were" because of the plural on "implements", but the whole thing is another incomplete sentence. what about the implements shaped like they were discovered in ancient tombs?

I'm assuming that in the "Implements..." sentence, "it" is referring to Bronzor, not the implements previously mentioned, so the sentence is correct. "Implements shaped like (Bronzor) were discovered in ancient tombs," not "Implements shaped like (implements) were discovered in ancient tombs."
+Quote Post

leenie
post Jun 19 2009, 01:53 AM
Post #49

leenie ate it.
Group Icon

SNOOOOORE

QUOTE(Phibby @ Jun 18 2009, 09:35 PM) *
I'm assuming that in the "Implements..." sentence, "it" is referring to Bronzor, not the implements previously mentioned, so the sentence is correct. "Implements shaped like (Bronzor) were discovered in ancient tombs," not "Implements shaped like (implements) were discovered in ancient tombs."

if it was about "implements shaped like bronzor", it should be somewhat specific. maybe inserting "the bronzor" instead "it".
in any case, the wording should be changed up a bit, just to be a little less confusing as to what all the pronouns refer to.

This post has been edited by leenie: Jun 19 2009, 12:38 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Irk Splee
post Jun 19 2009, 09:29 AM
Post #50

One of the Merry Band of Plagarists
Group Icon

Member No.: 22 228

Active Squad

Personally, I wouldn't mess with awkwardly worded Dex entries, since the entries are taken from the official games.

--------------------

Groups,awards, and other random things (click to show)

+Quote Post

leenie
post Jun 19 2009, 12:27 PM
Post #51

leenie ate it.
Group Icon

SNOOOOORE

QUOTE(Irk Splee @ Jun 19 2009, 09:29 AM) *
Personally, I wouldn't mess with awkwardly worded Dex entries, since the entries are taken from the official games.

oh, it is. oh dear.
but bronzor's is a combination of both diamond and pearl's entries.
maybe just choosing one would be less confusing?

This post has been edited by leenie: Jun 19 2009, 12:39 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

PyroKat
post Jun 20 2009, 08:14 AM
Post #52

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 25 702

Perfect Team

There seems to be a glitch in my egg dex. I clearly have a Dratini Egg in my party (nearly hatched) and yet I have no entry at all in my egg Dex.
+Quote Post

Different Turret
post Jun 20 2009, 12:07 PM
Post #53

I'm different...
Group Icon

Member No.: 20 006

Active Squad

QUOTE(leenie @ Jun 19 2009, 02:27 PM) *
QUOTE(Irk Splee @ Jun 19 2009, 09:29 AM) *

oh, it is. oh dear.
but bronzor's is a combination of both diamond and pearl's entries.
maybe just choosing one would be less confusing?

I honestly don't see how it is at all confusing. You seem to be misinterpreting the entry completely.

Both of the game dex entries are about Bronzor, so unless context indicates otherwise, "it" would refer to Bronzor. Constantly replacing the word "it" with "Bronzor" is bad form in writing. There are only a few instances (in writing, in general) in which the wording is ambiguous, and the dex entry has none of them.

X-ray photos were taken to check Bronzor's body structure. Nothing appeared, however. Implements shaped like it were discovered in ancient tombs. It is unknown if they are related."

"nothing appeared, however" is an incomplete sentence, "however" feels off, and it is worded so as to sound like something was going to "appear" instead of being there in the first place. (possibly, "... body structure, however, nothing showed.")

Things appear in X-ray photos if they are there (in what's being taken an x-ray of). If there's nothing there, nothing appears in the result. The use of "appear" in relation to photos is accurate - in the process of developing a photo, if there's anything to show, it actually does "appear".

Like someone else pointed out, "it" refers to Bronzor. It should be pretty obvious since if "it" referred to "implements", the sentence would make no sense and be completely awkward.

and how does the whole "related" bit fit in? are the body structure and ancient tombs related? they are too distant in the entry for readers to make that connection. possibly something "... unknown if they are related to the body structure."

Not at all distant, it's right in the sentence before it.

"Implements shaped like [Bronzor] were discovered in ancient tombs. It is unknown if they are related."

It's unknown if Bronzor is related to the implements discovered in the ancient tombs.

All of that being said...

@Robynne (kind of late, granted)

It seems like all "alternate forms" appear at the end of the Dex, plus some of the Novelties.

Lastly, Caterpie's description has the word "Caterpie" in all caps. The same happens in Bagon's description.

This post has been edited by Shirogane: Jun 20 2009, 12:08 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Eltoshen
post Jun 22 2009, 09:08 PM
Post #54

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 16

Active Squad

The reason why alternate forms appear at the end of the dex is because that's the id they were given when they were added. More than likely, they were added in after all the original pokemon were uploaded.

Basically, it's the order the pokemon were added (which is why Magmortar and Electivire are listed after Magmar and Electabuzz respectively). It'd take too much work to change all of the pokemon IDs. and i think it might screw up dex records for many people if not done correctly, lulz

--------------------
for all that are wondering, i own ike. wink.gif
+Quote Post

Rua
post Jun 22 2009, 10:51 PM
Post #55

No-life shiny collector
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 747

~o-O-o-O-o~

Not a Dex error - this is on the 'Users Online' page. It's been driving me crazy for a while...

There have been a total of 779 users online in the past 15 minutes.
Accented rows represent users you have either not yet interacted with today, or who have interacted with you more than you have intercted with them.

The last 'interacted' is missing an 'a'.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Ulysses
post Jun 23 2009, 03:37 AM
Post #56

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 8 825

Active Squad

The german name for Hoppip is Hoppspross, not Hoppsross.
+Quote Post

mizzim
post Jun 24 2009, 08:25 PM
Post #57

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 31 747

My favorite Pokemon!

togepi egg isn't showing up in my dex.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Archae
post Jun 25 2009, 01:15 PM
Post #58

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 25 472

Active Squad

On the front page it says "You have been given a Poké Dex." Isn't Pokédex spelled like <-- that, instead of with two words? I've seen it spelled on the show like Pokédex . . . I don't know, very minor thing.

--------------------

Shiny Pokemon

I click back every time unless somehow unfortunately I don't make it to the day's recorded clicks on time. But that hasn't happened yet!
I claim Lapras lapras.gif and Ampharos ampharos.gif
+Quote Post

Archae
post Jun 25 2009, 01:29 PM
Post #59

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 25 472

Active Squad

QUOTE(King Yoshi @ Jun 5 2009, 11:21 AM) *
I'm nitpicky. Yay.

Dubuious Disc:
A transparent device that is overflowing with dubious data. Its producer is unknown.

"Its" needs an apostrophe.
Im only bringing this up cause other store items have "It's"

Its is for if it is belonging to something. It's is a contraction for "it is". The context of the Its in the Dubious Disc description is correct.

This post has been edited by Archae: Jun 25 2009, 01:30 PM

--------------------

Shiny Pokemon

I click back every time unless somehow unfortunately I don't make it to the day's recorded clicks on time. But that hasn't happened yet!
I claim Lapras lapras.gif and Ampharos ampharos.gif
+Quote Post

Ellie
post Jun 27 2009, 02:17 PM
Post #60

I <3 Silver
Group Icon

Member No.: 15 276

Dark Type Dream Team!

On Silcoon it says: "Silcoon was thought to endure hunger and not consume anything before its evolution. However, it is now thought that this Pokémon slakes its thirst by drinking rainwater that collects on its silk."

What does "slakes" mean? Or is it just a typo?

--------------------

Click Silver ( love.gif ) for my party!
Look! How kyuuuute!! Thanks Lie! (click to show)

^My Super Spectacular Comic^
+Quote Post

19 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 10:53 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.